Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    That's the biggest question when it comes to his base. He is literally everything they hate and yet they love the man.

- - - Updated - - -

So you're willing to have an incredibly poor leader just so you can force some random ass rules for the next 50 years? That's fucking stupid. No one should want the Supreme Court like that ever.

As for Trump, lowering the credibility of the U.S., ruining relationships, tariffs, trade war, completely fucking over the government in a slew of ways by putting people who have no experience for the job, increasing the corruption inside the government, and so much more. It's hilarious you thought he's done literally nothing bad.
    We only love him because he is the most polarizing candidate we have had since Reagan.

Trump ruined relationships with him and other countries and that will change fast once he is out of office. The trade war and basically the american made push has been going on for years. Many have pushed for more american made products. The corruption is in plain site and gets attacked all the time. The only one that has stuck is Ukraine and the democrats couldnt evwn wait to put a better case forward so they either rushed or there wasnt much there.

Sad thing is hes done all this yet has lost no support because of people like AOC, Bernie and others. They are so far out there they make the Trump supports entrench themselves even deeper

Quote Originally Posted by Trunksee View Post
    Trump ruined relationships with him and other countries and that will change fast once he is out of office.
    So the argument is it's okay he fucks up everything for 4 or 8 years because somebody else will eventually fix it? He just signed that stupid EO to remove regulations (which protect people) because somehow he thinks that's what's wrong with the economy right now. That'll take years of court fights and fixes to undo this mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Nellise View Post
    So the argument is it's okay he fucks up everything for 4 or 8 years because somebody else will eventually fix it? He just signed that stupid EO to remove regulations (which protect people) because somehow he thinks that's what's wrong with the economy right now. That'll take years of court fights and fixes to undo this mess.
    He didnt cut any regulations personally. He just gave agencies the ability to do it as they see fit. So you dont even know which regulations will be cit yet and what effect they have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nellise View Post
    If he fucks it up bad enough everything will collapse and then we can have FREEDOMLAND!
    At least that's what the Kinderanarchists go with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

data about the wisconsin election earlier this year shows that repubs voter suppression may have not only failed, but backfired;

Indeed, there is some evidence that the particular tactic the Republican Party used in Wisconsin’s April election — targeting absentee voters who submit their ballots late in the election cycle — may have benefited Democrats. According to Michael McDonald, a political science professor at the University of Florida, data from Ohio’s recent primary election suggest that conservative, rural voters are especially likely to return absentee ballots late.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vox...-supreme-court

We only love him because he is the most polarizing candidate we have had since Reagan.

Trump ruined relationships with him and other countries and that will change fast once he is out of office. The trade war and basically the american made push has been going on for years. Many have pushed for more american made products. The corruption is in plain site and gets attacked all the time. The only one that has stuck is Ukraine and the democrats couldnt evwn wait to put a better case forward so they either rushed or there wasnt much there.

Sad thing is hes done all this yet has lost no support because of people like AOC, Bernie and others. They are so far out there they make the Trump supports entrench themselves even deeper
    it rather naive that once trump is out of office the rest of the world will just go back to following the USs lead, Trumps foriegn relations damage will NEVER be reversed, China will not return to buying the same levels of soy, and that isn't the only market that has lost huge ground for nothing more then Trump's rhetoric and ego.

his rubber stamping of incompetent activist judges will be felt for the rest of our lifetime, while I understand that is a bonus for you for now, when the democrats equally politicize the judicial branch to the same length, you and your fellow deplorables will be shitting bricks and howling like banshees.

Then we have the attacks on science, education and the very fucking bedrock of our agencies for nothing more then a campaign one liners for his cult.

I just read the last few pages (I don't even know why...) and am really impressed (or shocked) that you still argue with that troll... btw are trolls allowed here? Can't you just all report his posts? No way in hell Trunksee is not trolling, he can't be THAT un-/misinformed.

In other news:
    The Trump administration gave a drug-making contract worth up to $812 million to a small Virginia firm founded less than 6 months ago
    So anyone wanna take a guess?
    Firm of a donor? A golf buddy? Family member of a Republican senator?

10+ Year Old Account
    CNN, now accepted real news by these forums, [url=https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/20/politics/coronavirus-travel-alert-cdc-white-house-tensions-invs/index.html]has talked to CDC employees.

In interviews with CNN, CDC officials say their agency's efforts to mount a coordinated response to the Covid-19 pandemic have been hamstrung by a White House whose decisions are driven by politics rather than science.

The result has worsened the effects of the crisis, sources inside the CDC say, relegating the 73-year-old agency that has traditionally led the nation's response to infectious disease to a supporting role.

Rising tensions between CDC leadership and the White House over the perception that the agency has been sidelined has been a developing story in the media for weeks. But now, mid- and higher-ranking staff members within the agency -- six of whom spoke with CNN for this story -- are starting to voice their discontent. Those six spoke on condition of anonymity for fear of reprisals.

"We've been muzzled," said a current CDC official. "What's tough is that if we would have acted earlier on what we knew and recommended, we would have saved lives and money."

Sources say the origin of the trust issues between the CDC and White House traces back to the CDC's botched effort to distribute testing in early February, when contamination in the lab led to long delays. Relations between them soured further in late February, when high-ranking CDC official Nancy Messonnier warned the American public -- at a time when President Donald Trump was out of the country and downplaying the threat -- that "the disruption to everyday life might be severe."

As Covid-19 was racing across the globe, a March 2 CDC internal daily report attributed spread in the European region to Italy but also noted "evidence of local transmission in 29 other countries." In a follow-up report two days later, "85 international locations" had reported cases.

On March 5 -- with three of the top six countries outside of China affected by the disease in Europe -- the CDC was expecting to post a global travel alert that night, according to a CDC document that noted the alert had been cleared internally.

Although the CDC had already posted some travel warnings for individual countries, such as China, Italy, Iran and South Korea, the proposed alert would have urged precautions for international travel anywhere.

But it didn't happen that night. For unexplained reasons, the travel alert that was expected to be posted March 5 didn't occur until March 11 -- the same day Trump announced his sharp restrictions on travel from more than two dozen European countries.
    The article goes on and on, and they have the evidence to do so. Amongst other things, they call out the shelved CDC instructions that Trump replaced with far weaker ones. Normally, the federal guidelines are what the states follow, now it's the other way around, which is what "Trump doesn't have a plan" looks like.

And before anyone even thinks of dismissing unnamed sources (despite, you know, Trump firing people who question him), bear in mind Trump is already on record as saying that testing makes numbers go up. Once you accept that, pretty much any unnamed source who claims Trump is putting politics ahead of science doesn't need to say a thing. There's already proof out in the open. So even the rabid fanbase must accept CNN's sources as true.

Quote Originally Posted by Inuyaki View Post
    I just read the last few pages (I don't even know why...) and am really impressed (or shocked) that you still argue with that troll... btw are trolls allowed here? Can't you just all report his posts? No way in hell Trunksee is not trolling, he can't be THAT un-/misinformed.
    My mother unfortunately watches Fox News and listens to all those conservative radio hosts and makes the same arguments and I know she's not trolling. She's coming around a little bit with how badly everything has been screwed up recently, but I hear all the same stuff from her that I see conservatives here post (she doesn't use facebook or twitter either).

Quote Originally Posted by Inuyaki View Post
    So heres the thing. Its sad for me to believe that you think because its a video game site we all are some type of like minded group. To think that just because you dont agree it must be trolling. I mean i also dont see many construction workers on here so maybe i am an anomoly.

5+ Year Old Account
    So heres the thing. Its sad for me to believe that you think because its a video game site we all are some type of like minded group. To think that just because you dont agree it must be trolling. I mean i also dont see many construction workers on here so maybe i am an anomoly.
    Like minded as putting in effort on resource reading, critical thinking, and a healthy dose of scrutiny/skepticism?

10+ Year Old Account
    To think that just because you dont agree it must be trolling.
    It’s because things like this:

This is oppression due to the fact that if people dont want to work you can choose not to. But oh wait that means these low pay workers have to go back to work instead of collecting and making more money.
    This is attacking American workers, with current unemployment at nearly 20%. Its understandable that people might not believe that’s genuine.

I mean i also dont see many construction workers on here so maybe i am an anomoly.
    I also don’t see why your employers construction project is continuing, while you are getting paid. This isn’t an opinion of a ‘construction worker’, but a fox viewer.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Well I mean i have not seen 1 thing critical of any democrat on this site other than from a few select people. So how critical can you call yourselves? I mean it wasnt Trump who sent sick people back from the hospital to the nursing homes. That mostly happened in which states?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    It’s because things like this:

This is attacking American workers, with current unemployment at nearly 20%. Its understandable that people might not believe that’s genuine.

I also don’t see why your employers construction project is continuing, while you are getting paid. This isn’t an opinion of a ‘construction worker’, but a fox viewer.
    Im actually in my office on the job bud. It continues because if we dont we lose clients. If we lose clients all these leople we have employed wont have jobs. So you kind of have to keep the people who are spending large amounts of money happy or they will find someone else who will.

I would also like to add that construction is very low on the job loss scale right now. To keep it that way and not have 2008 all over again we need to continue to work. We need people to go back to offices so we can make more. We need to keep making housing around big developing areas. This could by all means crash the entire industry in a years time.
    Last edited by Trunksee; 2020-05-20 at 05:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I mean i have not seen 1 thing critical of any democrat on this site other than from a few select people.
    That’s your perception, but also the idea that Trump being a fuck up, requires making up shit to attack democrats, is absurd. There were 3 threads on ObamaGate alone...

So how critical can you call yourselves? I mean it wasnt Trump who sent sick people back from the hospital to the nursing homes. That mostly happened in which states?
    No, all Trump did is cut CDC funding by 19%, getting rid of the pandemic response team, fired all 30 members of his staff that attended Obama team’s briefing on pandemic response, is promoting a drug that shows increased chance to kill people, while demanding workers go to work without legal protection, so wallstreet doesn’t crash. I’m sorry, there isn’t much leverage in complaining that democrats were dumb to not use reverse psychology on Trump...

- - - Updated - - -

Im actually in my office on the job bud.
    Yep, sitting in your office, talking shit about people that just lost their jobs. You do not speak for construction workers.

It continues because if we dont we lose clients. If we lose clients all these leople we have employed wont have jobs. So you kind of have to keep the people who are spending large amounts of money happy or they will find someone else who will.
    Did your clients take back the money in their contracts?

I would also like to add that construction is very low on the job loss scale right now. To keep it that way and not have 2008 all over again we need to continue to work. We need people to go back to offices so we can make more. We need to keep making housing around big developing areas. This could by all means crash the entire industry in a years time.
    2008 wasn’t because of unwillingness to work. For some reason, despite social distancing and people losing their jobs, there is still construction. It’s as if workers don’t mean as much to Trump’s economy, as they used to.

Edit: Just a reminder and to be completely transparent. If you reply, I did read and remember you saying this:

I took a pay cut below what unemployment would pay me... I understand how economics work and how consumer confidence works so i kept working.
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-05-20 at 05:52 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    That’s your perception, but also the idea that Trump being a fuck up, requires making up shit to attack democrats, is absurd. There were 3 threads on ObamaGate alone...

No, all Trump did is cut CDC funding by 19%, getting rid of the pandemic response team, fired all 30 members of his staff that attended Obama team’s briefing on pandemic response, is promoting a drug that shows increased chance to kill people, while demanding workers go to work without legal protection, so wallstreet doesn’t crash. I’m sorry, there isn’t much leverage in complaining that democrats were dumb to not use reverse psychology on Trump...

- - - Updated - - -

Yep, sitting in your office, talking shit about people that just lost their jobs. You do not speak for construction workers.

Did your clients take back the money in their contracts?

2008 wasn’t because of unwillingness to work. For some reason, despite social distancing and people losing their jobs, there is still construction. It’s as if workers don’t mean as much to Trump’s economy, as they used to.
    You have no idea how the construction industry works so dont try to. And yes investors are holding their deadlines over our heads with liquidated damages over our heads. They have not backed off on deadlines at any time during this. Dont deliver we pay.

I am not fighting about what you think i am. We need the economy to get back on track. The construction industry is directly tied to how much money the rich are making. We don make money on a small residential home. Thats why joe rusty pick up makes those. I am talking about commercial construction. It dries up fast when people dont spend.

5+ Year Old Account
    You have no idea how the construction industry works so dont try to. And yes investors are holding their deadlines over our heads with liquidated damages over our heads. They have not backed off on deadlines at any time during this. Dont deliver we pay.

I am not fighting about what you think i am. We need the economy to get back on track. The construction industry is directly tied to how much money the rich are making. We don make money on a small residential home. Thats why joe rusty pick up makes those. I am talking about commercial construction. It dries up fast when people dont spend.
    Idk about you but I have found it very concerning how just a few months of reduction of business caused so much “damage” to the economy.

It is almost as if no company learned to make a rainy day fund in case something like 2008 happened again.

Now you might say “each individual should have had one too!” but how can each individual make one when companies owners/investors horde wealth and don’t make it a goal to provide living wages.

Wages where you don’t have to work 2 jobs or be forced to live in a home/apartment with multiple income because it’s not possible to survive on a single income.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...886_story.html

Irony is dead and the Republican Party is now the Conspiracy Theory Party. The candidate Oregon "Republicans" nominated in their primary is a Q-anon conspiracy nutter.

Modern conservatism in the US is well and truly dead. There is no party for it any longer, it's been successfully co-opted by the very nutters that they spend decades creating, and have now lost control of.

10+ Year Old Account
    You have no idea how the construction industry works so dont try to.
    Don’t try what? Make you explain?

And yes investors are holding their deadlines over our heads with liquidated damages over our heads. They have not backed off on deadlines at any time during this. Dont deliver we pay.
    Why did you take a pay cut?

I am not fighting about what you think i am.
    I didn’t realize you were fighting... do I wear gloves for this fight? A warning would have been nice...

We need the economy to get back on track. The construction industry is directly tied to how much money the rich are making. We don make money on a small residential home. Thats why joe rusty pick up makes those. I am talking about commercial construction. It dries up fast when people dont spend.
    Yet, you took a pay cut.......

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol i am out working everyday. There has not been 1 day i dont get up and go to the job site. So dont lump me in as a person working from home. I took a pay cut below what unemployment would pay me... I understand how economics work and how consumer confidence works so i kept working.

This is oppression due to the fact that if people dont want to work you can choose not to. But oh wait that means these low pay workers have to go back to work instead of collecting and making more money.
    Ouch, working out risking your safety. Sounds like much of constitutes as freedom of the US sounds to slavery to me.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...886_story.html

Irony is dead and the Republican Party is now the Conspiracy Theory Party. The candidate Oregon "Republicans" nominated in their primary is a Q-anon conspiracy nutter.

Modern conservatism in the US is well and truly dead. There is no party for it any longer, it's been successfully co-opted by the very nutters that they spend decades creating, and have now lost control of.
    I say it’s become the part of con artist, getting a conspiracy theorist to trust you is actually very easy.

All you have to do is “say yes I agree with your theory! It is right, there is a shadow government. Lets expose them!”