10+ Year Old Account
    If Trump got Banned from Twitter I am sure he would try to do something about it, but I am also sure Twitter stock would plummet. Trump is addicted to Twitter.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    So after possibly being advised that it was a little moronic to immediately threaten military action against US civilians, Trump climbed down by golf cart so as not to induce a cardiac arrest and clarified his statements by telling the nation's governors that, and I quote,

“General Milley is here who’s head of Joint Chiefs of Staff, a fighter, a warrior, and a lot of victories and no losses. And he hates to see the way it’s being handled in the various states. And I’ve just put him in charge"
    To cut a long story short, this letter is now circulating through the media:

Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    I mean sure if he wants to go into the election blind and deaf.
    There is a gain from being able to point to one self as another victim of the oh so conservative hating establishment, from being able to claim being the victim of liberal censorship

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    Saying votes matter is the oldest line in the book. It's cheesy and formulaic. Like a movie.

Let's face reality: there's more to it than telling people to vote. Because they won't.
    That doesn’t make any sense... I guess asking people to breath would be in bad taste, but everyone would do it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xarkan View Post
    There is a gain from being able to point to one self as another victim of the oh so conservative hating establishment, from being able to claim being the victim of liberal censorship
    What’s going to stop him from doing exactly that, even if he isn’t kicked off?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

There are obviously--ludicrously--more pressing concerns than A FUCKING PANDEMIC right now because a toddler with no impulse control was somehow handed the highest office in the land, so I'll just get this out of the way quickly...

106,925 dead, 730 on the 1st of June (GMT). "Lull" day, blah blah blah. Daily new cases STILL staying pretty flat nationwide--not good.

Massachusetts is changing their reporting based on CDC recommendations/guidelines so their numbers spiked big time today--but that's to include cases from the past few weeks that may not have been counted when they should have been, so don't panic if you live in the area.

N95 respirators are also good short-term against tear gas, incidentally, when coupled with sealed goggles. You won't want to hang around in it, but you should be able to retreat to a safe distance without succumbing, if need be. Just saying.

I know it's becoming harder to do so in this TRUMP SHITSHOW, but please, please stay safe, folks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    There are obviously--ludicrously--more pressing concerns than A FUCKING PANDEMIC right now because a toddler with no impulse control was somehow handed the highest office in the land, so I'll just get this out of the way quickly...

106,925 dead, 730 on the 1st of June (GMT). "Lull" day, blah blah blah. Daily new cases STILL staying pretty flat nationwide--not good.

Massachusetts is changing their reporting based on CDC recommendations/guidelines so their numbers spiked big time today--but that's to include cases from the past few weeks that may not have been counted when they should have been, so don't panic if you live in the area.

N95 respirators are also good short-term against tear gas, incidentally, when coupled with sealed goggles. You won't want to hang around in it, but you should be able to retreat to a safe distance without succumbing, if need be. Just saying.

I know it's becoming harder to do so in this TRUMP SHITSHOW, but please, please stay safe, folks.
    To use a football metaphor...

I literally cannot believe that corona fumbled a six month lead to racism.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

To use a football metaphor...

I literally cannot believe that corona fumbled a six month lead to racism.
    I cannot believe that all of this is happening WHILE a pandemic is ravaging the US (i will not talk about the cases in my country, as we're pretty fucked)
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    I cannot believe that all of this is happening WHILE a pandemic is ravaging the US (i will not talk about the cases in my country, as we're pretty fucked)
    I'll use a comparison from your country; remember during the last round of demonstrations against the government, a lot of people were trying to dismiss it as people complaining about having to pay train fares?

The reality is that it was just the straw that broke the camel's back. There were a whole lot of issues contributing to a volatile situation that only needed a spark to set it off; in this case, the tensions Trump has been stoking his entire presidency are now combusting as people seem to have finally had enough.

And strangely enough, the US' response to COVID hasn't helped. The fact that curfews weren't even an option being discussed as a public health measure but are being enforced violently in response to political demonstrations is...

A thing. That we will have to unpack at some point.

10+ Year Old Account
    In a move you'd expect from someone who took money from West Point to put towards Wall funds, and someone who took money from taxpayers and put it into his own properties by sending government officials and military there, [url=https://thehill.com/policy/national-security/500598-customs-and-border-patrol-deploys-troops-to-dc]Trump sends the CBP to protect national monuments. It might have to do with Trump lowering entrance requirements, making it easy for white Americans who like shooting brown people to sign up. Oh, and because he can order them to do not their job without invoking a law not used since 1992 and sending active-duty military into states they're not wanted or asked for.

When the head of CBP was asked for comment, he said "I don't exist".

When the acting head of CBP was asked for comment, he tweeted

CBP is currently deploying officers, agents and aviation assets across the country at the request of our federal, state and local partners confronting the lawless actions of rioters. CBP carries out its mission nationwide, not just at the border, consistent with federal laws.
    Yep, nothing says "abuse of power" like "I'm sending airport security guards to quell DC protests, because the letter of the law doesn't specifically prevent it yet".

"Surely Trump just wants the riots to end."

Then maybe he shouldn't have used the Arlington Police to tear gas/flash bang peaceful protestors for a photo op. They've been ordered to pull back.

No, really.

The Arlington County Police Department (ACPD) withdrew its officers from Washington, D.C., Monday night after being “put in a compromising position,” officials said.

The Arlington County Board, Arlington County Manager Mark Schwartz and ACPD Chief Jay Farr directed the county’s officers to leave the city at 8:30 p.m., according to a statement from the county.

“The County is re-evaluating the agreements that allowed our officers to be put in a compromising position that endangered their health and safety, and that of the people around them, for a purpose not worthy of our mutual aid obligations,” the statement reads.

Arlington County Board Chair Libby Garvey tweeted the officers were ordered “to immediately leave” the city.

Appalled mutual aid agreement abused to endanger their and others safety for a photo op,” she posted.
    "Well, to misquote Rubio, those protestors were surely staying behind to force police action, huh?"

We'll never know, they were forcefully dispersed 15 minutes before kerfew. Rubio is engaging in a Trump-level hypothetical. Tell you what, what if I claim George Floyd would have cured cancer? As long as we're talking about hypotheticals, I'm pretty sure I can use that.

So congratulations Trump, you just pissed off the police that patrols your backyard. Now you have to pull border guards from Canada Eh to protect the Lincoln Memorial.

At a time when our country cries out for unification, this President is ripping it apart. Tear-gassing peaceful protestors without provocation just so that the President could pose for photos outside a church dishonors every value that faith teaches us
    -- Pelosi and Schumer, in this joint letter

Ditto
    -- Anonymous poster who is totally not Pelosi

Meanwhile, Trump continues to lay the groundwork for active US military to fire on unarmed civilians by calling the protests domestic terrorism. Again, when he could shoot someone on 5th Avenue, I think everyone thought he meant pulling the trigger himself. Not order a commando strike on women and children while he hides in a goddam bunker.

In conclusion, I'll remind everyone that the last time the Insurrection Act was used was the Rodney King riots. Los Angeles was basically overrun, and yes, it was far worse than what we're seeing now (not excusing riots -- but these are Heroic while the 1992 riots were pushing a +12) and Bush Sr. sent in 10,000 National Guard and 4,000 actual Army soldiers, to join with police from all over California. It was bad. If you're too young to remember, look it up. If anything, I'm selling it short.

Why do I bring it up? Guess who these people are.

And, like I'm sure thousands upon thousands have already said, "If y'all wanted peaceful protests, you shouldn't have attacked Kaepernick". Sports Illustrated has more, as the first line of the article is "America is on fire, and Colin Kaepernick tried to warn us"

Are we tired of winning yet?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not even going to quote the text of the article. The headline speaks for itself.

There are as many National Guard members activated in the US as there are active duty troops in Iraq, Syria and Afghanistan.

We live in a police state. @Dacien, tired of winning yet?

I'll use a comparison from your country; remember during the last round of demonstrations against the government, a lot of people were trying to dismiss it as people complaining about having to pay train fares?
    My dude, i remember that. Remember when i told all of you that the police was shooting protesters and that at least 100+ of them lost one eye (or in worse cases, both of them)? well it seems that's happening in the US too.
    Also, if you see water cannons, the cannon part is quite fragile, you can break it, just as a reminder.
    Last edited by Thepersona; 2020-06-02 at 05:45 AM.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

10+ Year Old Account
    The reality is that it was just the straw that broke the camel's back.
    I think there's a lot of truth to this in the current situation. I hate saying this, because I hate it being true, but, some white cops kill a black guy in 2001-2016 and we don't see riots like this. We don't see the military called upon to fire on "domestic terrorist" unarmed civilians. We don't have the police being called back, in protest of being used for a goddam photo op. And we don't have the President of the United States crying under a bed in a bunker. It sucks to say this, but white cops being caught murdering a black guy would be...well...accepted. Like just another school shooting, just another vet suicide, just another senior unable to afford medicine.

Gosh. Kind of a lot has changed. And it's not all racial -- but yes, literal Nazis marching the streets with torches could not possibly have helped. Now, with so many low-income either overworked without PPE (God bless you, essential workers, I don't think I've said that yet) or changed into no-income workers (forty fucking million and counting) while the rich loot taxpayers for billions, while the man in charge puts himself above the law, lines his pockets with the taxes he personally raised more than any tax increase ever ever, and has the audacity to hold up a Bible (upside down), claim to represent Law and Order while sending heavily-armed troops to quell protests with lethal force while flash bangs and tear gas go off in the background, and they remember the line "What do you have to lose?"

Nothing.

There is nothing more left to lose.

And that's why Trump, who is not in charge of the cops who murdered George Floyd, is the target of tonight's ire as much as anyone else, if not more. He made things worse. He did it on purpose. And he blames the people whose lives he ruined, millions upon millions, for his words and actions.

That's why he'll never be assassinated. He'll spend the rest of 2020 living in absolute cowering bunker-pissing fear. Because he has something to lose. And they're coming for it in November.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollowlithic View Post
    Probably because everything is out of context as usual. Then again people on this forum actually believe someone with Alzheimer's is going to win big in November.
    See, you can say that about Biden, but it seems obvious Trump has it too.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    I already posted how the bishop in charge of the church was outraged (exact word).

There's more.

The bishop also tweeted. Probably so Trump might see it.

The Bible teaches us to love God and our neighbor; that all people are beloved children of God; that we are to do justice and love kindness. The President used our sacred text as a symbol of division
    "If you want Trump to see it, you have to go on FOX News."

The rector did that.

"There's no way--"

St. John's Church rector on aftermath of fire, impromptu Trump visit: 'Like I'm in some alternative universe'

"This is such an interesting moment to me when, we agreed to have this talk, I had no idea what was going to be going on at 7:00 tonight. I actually haven't seen any of it. I've been listening to it all, of course, and honestly, it feels, like so many ways, a surreal moment for me. I feel like I'm in some alternative universe in some way.
    When even a man of God says this is the worst timeline, you know it's bad.

Trump could have called. He didn't, probably because he knew the answer would be "no". So he did it anyhow, and while the trope is "easier to ask forgiveness than permission" we're talking about lying to a priest.

Remember when Trump said the Bible was his favorite book? I wonder if more religious leaders will speak up against this. "I never thought Trump would turn on me" has stopped being funny, but it hasn't stopped.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and here's a kicker.

This is a Detroit OP ED. It calls for Biden to pledge that his first act as President, would be to put Obama on the Supreme Court.

First of all, that's fucking genius.

Second of all, that's from Detroit. Trump pledged his love to Detroit, three years passed, they're calling for President Biden and SCObama.

Incidentally, this would make him the first ever Senator/President/SCOTUS judge.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    And, like I'm sure thousands upon thousands have already said, "If y'all wanted peaceful protests, you shouldn't have attacked Kaepernick". Sports Illustrated has more, as the first line of the article is "America is on fire, and Colin Kaepernick tried to warn us"

Are we tired of winning yet?
    This is such a frustrating part in all this... Trump had a path handed to him by Kap... all he had to do is feign interest. Fucking copy Obama and invite Kap for a beer. Instead, he proved that even a rich black man, from a white family, can’t find a solution through a peaceful protest.

Former NFL spokesman Joe Lockhart: Vikings should sign Colin Kaepernick
    https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...in-kaepernick/
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-06-02 at 06:38 AM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Remember when Trump said the Bible was his favorite book? I wonder if more religious leaders will speak up against this. "I never thought Trump would turn on me" has stopped being funny, but it hasn't stopped.
    The church is episcopalian. The church would never officially support trump in the first place. They have gay and female clergy to give you some idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

10+ Year Old Account
    I already posted how the bishop in charge of the church was outraged (exact word).

There's more.

The bishop also tweeted. Probably so Trump might see it.

"If you want Trump to see it, you have to go on FOX News."

The rector did that.

"There's no way--"

St. John's Church rector on aftermath of fire, impromptu Trump visit: 'Like I'm in some alternative universe'

When even a man of God says this is the worst timeline, you know it's bad.

Trump could have called. He didn't, probably because he knew the answer would be "no". So he did it anyhow, and while the trope is "easier to ask forgiveness than permission" we're talking about lying to a priest.

Now to be fair to trump...

I highly doubt he’s ever read the Bible. How was he supposed to know all that stuff about loving eachother and nonviolence is in it?

If he’s had to go off context clues from what his followers are spouting, he probably assumed it only said things about hating gay people and... building a wall in the desert? I mean, those walls of Jericho stood forever and kept the foreigners out, didn’t they?

This is a Detroit OP ED. It calls for Biden to pledge that his first act as President, would be to put Obama on the Supreme Court.

First of all, that's fucking genius.

Second of all, that's from Detroit. Trump pledged his love to Detroit, three years passed, they're calling for President Biden and SCObama.

Incidentally, this would make him the first ever Senator/President/SCOTUS judge.
    While Obama as a Supreme Court justice would be very interesting, there’s no way Obama would actually want to do it.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2020-06-02 at 06:46 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    That stupid fuck not even knowing how to properly use his mask...
    That seems to be a common trend at these protests. The protesters themselves all seem to be wearing masks, but the police aren't - and in some cases refused masks offered to them by protesters because...reasons, I guess? Looking like a big man while getting all Cs in high school?

Guys, I resubbed to WoW and was carried through a +15 because this timeline is the worst and I'm legit losing sleep over this shit and I need to turn my brain off for 45 minutes and figure out an Awakened affix I've never played before.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Guys, I resubbed to WoW and was carried through a +15 because this timeline is the worst and I'm legit losing sleep over this shit and I need to turn my brain off for 45 minutes and figure out an Awakened affix I've never played before.
    I'd pity you but I'm currently in a Youtube algorithm induced hole of DIY soap making videos so....Yeah.

Quarantine has made madmen of us all.