Meanwhile, because the GOP is apparently completely devoid of self-awareness:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    Meanwhile, because the GOP is apparently completely devoid of self-awareness:
    This is just some sad whataboutism on their part.

"You should be glad how the our police handle things, because look at China."
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

https://www.startribune.com/florida-...ord/571055812/

FOUND ANOTHER INSTANCE OF POSSIBLE VOTER FRAUD FOR TRUMP!!!!

It's Chauvin, the cop that murdered Floyd. Apparently he's been voting in Florida, as a Republican, despite living in Minnesota. He owns property in Florida, but does not pay taxes there nor is that his permanent residence.

Odd that it almost always seems to be a Republican that's committing voter fraud.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.startribune.com/florida-...ord/571055812/

It's Chauvin, the cop that murdered Floyd. Apparently he's been voting in Florida, as a Republican, despite living in Minnesota. He owns property in Florida, but does not pay taxes there nor is that his permanent residence.

Odd that it almost always seems to be a Republican that's committing voter fraud.
    Wow it sure is strange that Derek Chauvin, who have no reason to accuse of being racist according to certain posters, just keeps giving out all these red flags with a blue crosses and white stars...

Look can we just declare the GOP a hate group yet, I'm begging you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Do you have the link for that handy?
    https://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...hs/3153797001/
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

Jesus Christ, it really makes you wonder how often that happens and whether Trump would have won without fraud. This whole thing is messed up

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by friedburrito View Post
    Jesus Christ, it really makes you wonder how often that happens and whether Trump would have won without fraud. This whole thing is messed up
    He wouldn't have won without fraud, and Russia strategially changing votes in swing states.

https://thehill.com/policy/energy-en...e-at-lafayette

Interior is lying through their teeth to justify the Park Police assault on peaceful protesters to clear a way for Trump.

Fuck. All. These. People.

10+ Year Old Account
    A letter signed by more than 280 former senior U.S. diplomats and military leaders has condemned Trump's actions on Trump using military force on unarmed civilians.

We called out violations of human rights and the authoritarian regimes that deployed their military against their own citizens. We condemn all criminal acts against persons and property, but cannot agree that responding to these acts is beyond the capabilities of local and state authorities.

There is no role for the U.S. military in dealing with American citizens exercising their constitutional right to free speech, however uncomfortable that speech may be for somep
    ABC News' Jonathan Karl, the president of the White House Correspondents' Association, said Friday that the White House "needlessly put reporters' health at risk" by moving chairs closer together for President Trump's Rose Garden event in violation of the CDC's social-distancing guidelines.

Compare to the presser for which he was 46 minutes late. The White House responded with "they were all tested".

What @Edge- said, kinda: US Park Police said using “tear gas” in a statement was a “mistake.” It just used the term again.

A US Park Police spokesperson said Friday in an interview it was a “mistake” to insist in a statement on Tuesday that it didn’t use tear gas the day before in a Washington, DC, park to disperse a crowd ahead of President Trump’s photo op, explicitly noting that pepper balls shot by officials irritate the eyes and cause tears.

“The point is we admitted to using what we used,” Sgt. Eduardo Delgado said. “I think the term ‘tear gas’ doesn’t even matter anymore. It was a mistake on our part for using ‘tear gas’ because we just assumed people would think CS or CN,” two common forms of tear gas.
    And that ends the debate on these forums.

GEORGE FLOYD DEATH
    Goodell says NFL was wrong not to encourage players to protest peacefully

We, the National Football League, condemn racism and the systematic oppression of black people. We, the National Football League, admit we were wrong for not listening to NFL players earlier and encourage all players to speak out and peacefully protest.
    And the best, I must confess, I have saved for the last: Barr starts backing away cautiously, saying he didn't order the "tactical" command to use military force on unarmed civilians. Oh, so I guess nobody gave the order?

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    A letter signed by more than 280 former senior U.S. diplomats and military leaders has condemned Trump's actions on Trump using military force on unarmed civilians.

ABC News' Jonathan Karl, the president of the White House Correspondents' Association, said Friday that the White House "needlessly put reporters' health at risk" by moving chairs closer together for President Trump's Rose Garden event in violation of the CDC's social-distancing guidelines.

Compare to the presser for which he was 46 minutes late. The White House responded with "they were all tested".

What @Edge- said, kinda: US Park Police said using “tear gas” in a statement was a “mistake.” It just used the term again.

And that ends the debate on these forums.

GEORGE FLOYD DEATH
    Goodell says NFL was wrong not to encourage players to protest peacefully

And the best, I must confess, I have saved for the last: Barr starts backing away cautiously, saying he didn't order the "tactical" command to use military force on unarmed civilians. Oh, so I guess nobody gave the order?
    It's my understanding that they did use CS gas, given all the canisters shown all over the area being cleared.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    It's my understanding that they did use CS gas, given all the canisters shown all over the area being cleared.
    Yeah, I saw those empty cans too. Maybe they're trying to deflate the damage done when it's found out they used the real thing, by saying "we shouldn't have used the effectively same thing either"?

Yeah, I saw those empty cans too. Maybe they're trying to deflate the damage done when it's found out they used the real thing, by saying "we shouldn't have used the effectively same thing either"?
    You can also see people picking up cs grenades and chucking them back on the video of them being cleared.

111,390 deaths, 975 on the 5th (GMT). I believe this is the first time the daily total has been under 1k (on a "normal" report day) since the end of March. This is somewhat tempered, however, by Michigan reporting an extra 240 deaths due to a new adherence to national standards on reporting probable cases (I did not include these in the daily total). Thanks to @Lenonis for finding the information for me here.

California and Texas have both reported their highest daily new case totals for the entire pandemic to date. Florida--even though we know they are obscuring their numbers--have posted 3 of their 4 highest daily new case totals in the past three days, so evidently it's getting so bad there they can't even hide it all.

ACTIVE cases appears to still be dropping slowly, but I'll keep watching it for another week to see if it's a fluke or not. The numbers coming out of the South, Midwest and California would suggest it won't be dropping for too long.

So...anyone else unhappy to see Ebola making a comeback during the TRUMP SHITSHOW?

Stay safe, folks.

Some schools are pushing off in-person classes yet further, if they feel they're in this position.

Meanwhile there's a school bus outside my door every morning for...some reason.
    Is it a short bus ?

111,390 deaths, 975 on the 5th (GMT). I believe this is the first time the daily total has been under 1k (on a "normal" report day) since the end of March. This is somewhat tempered, however, by Michigan reporting an extra 240 deaths due to a new adherence to national standards on reporting probable cases (I did not include these in the daily total). Thanks to @Lenonis for finding the information for me here.

California and Texas have both reported their highest daily new case totals for the entire pandemic to date. Florida--even though we know they are obscuring their numbers--have posted 3 of their 4 highest daily new case totals in the past three days, so evidently it's getting so bad there they can't even hide it all.

ACTIVE cases appears to still be dropping slowly, but I'll keep watching it for another week to see if it's a fluke or not. The numbers coming out of the South, Midwest and California would suggest it won't be dropping for too long.

So...anyone else unhappy to see Ebola making a comeback during the TRUMP SHITSHOW?

Stay safe, folks.
    There will be a spike coming within the next two weeks but this time for the right cause. Not people crowding the beaches, the lakes, or rushing out to do their own selfish desires. There will be a spike because people are sick of the unmitigated power police have in this country and their complete lack of regard for the safety of the people they are suppose to protect. Better we get a spike from that then because Karen needed to get her hair highlighted or Kevin needed to go drink a beer at the bar.

Quote Originally Posted by pathora44 View Post
    There will be a spike coming within the next two weeks but this time for the right cause. Not people crowding the beaches, the lakes, or rushing out to do their own selfish desires. There will be a spike because people are sick of the unmitigated power police in the country and their complete lack of regard for the people they are suppose to protect. Better we get a spike from that then because Karen needed to get her hair highlighted or Kevin needed to go drink a beer at the bar.
    Yeah, I've been referencing that this week. The only positive is that most of the protesters seem to be wearing masks, at least, so it might not get too bad.

Yeah, I've been referencing that this week. The only positive is that most of the protesters seem to be wearing masks, at least, so it might not get too bad.
    Even with masks how crowded ,hundred if not thousands, people have been there will be spikes. How many people at the protests were asymptomatic?

Even with masks how crowded ,hundred if not thousands, people have been there will be spikes. How many people at the protests were asymptomatic?
    Oh I'm not saying it won't still be a problem. I'm just saying at least it was mitigated a little.

10+ Year Old Account
    There will be a spike coming within the next two weeks but this time for the right cause. Not people crowding the beaches, the lakes, or rushing out to do their own selfish desires. There will be a spike because people are sick of the unmitigated power police have in this country and their complete lack of regard for the safety of the people they are suppose to protect. Better we get a spike from that then because Karen needed to get her hair highlighted or Kevin needed to go drink a beer at the bar.
    Also because police are stealing masks.

https://www.commondreams.org/news/20...ect-protesters

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

It’s after midnight and @realDonaldTrump
    has clocked a new one day record according to NBC White House producer @WinstonNBC
    : 197 tweets or RT’s

I was off Twitter today, so idk what he is triggered about. I'm sure its everything and anything. But, its crazy we have a President who goes insane.

The thing is if he actually tweeted about how he is trying to help the American people, blah, blah, blah; it would be fine.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!