Maxwell docs have dropped https://s9503.pcdn.co/wp-content/upl...deposition.pdf

time to get reading

alan dershowitz is a fucking nonce
    Last edited by jonnysensible; 2020-07-31 at 02:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    Just finished watching the speeches that Bush Jr, Clinton, and Obama gave at the Lewis funeral. Good fucking god how have we fallen so far. I was never a big fan of Bush Jr (though, admittedly he seems like someone that would have been fun to have a beer with) but even Bush Jr makes trump look like a mental midget.

... and then there is the fact that Trump couldn't even be bothered to show at the funeral for such a prestigious figure. What a weak figure of a statesman.
    Bush's attempt at humor seemed a bit out of place to me.

Clinton was flat. Odd considering they have known each other for almost 5 decades.

Obama never failed to impress.

To me, Nancy Pelosi speech was the surprise of the day. It was heartfelt. Never thought the Ice Witch can shed tears.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    Maxwell docs have dropped https://s9503.pcdn.co/wp-content/upl...deposition.pdf

time to get reading

alan dershowitz is a fucking nonce
    Jesus what a shit show of an interview.

One of my personal favorites, when asked what Presidents he has met: I honestly can't remember his name at this time. I'm a very visual person so --

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    Bush's attempt at humor seemed a bit out of place to me.

Clinton was flat. Odd considering they have known each other for almost 5 decades.

Obama never failed to impress.

To me, Nancy Pelosi speech was the surprise of the day. It was heartfelt. Never thought the Ice Witch can shed tears.
    And all of Bush Jr. still worlds beyond what our current leader is capable of. It's just..... sad.

Jesus what a shit show of an interview.

One of my personal favorites, when asked what Presidents he has met: I honestly can't remember his name at this time. I'm a very visual person so --
    She was asked to recall which foreign presidents she had been with when she was a child. I don't think it's out of the realm of feasibility that she couldn't remember their name given that she was a child and went through a shitton of trauma. Don't know why you're so hung up on it, to be honest.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    She was asked to recall which foreign presidents she had been with when she was a child. I don't think it's out of the realm of feasibility that she couldn't remember their name given that she was a child and went through a shitton of trauma. Don't know why you're so hung up on it, to be honest.
    For a mental midget, sure.

edit:
    I like(d) the "hung up on it" part of your response. Made up conclusions ftw.
    Last edited by callipygoustp; 2020-07-31 at 03:07 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm having a bad pain day so I might just be too mentally preoccupied to parse that correctly, but it sounds like they took 225 deaths OFF the total and it's still 300+. Or am I reading that completely wrong?
    That's not how they do it, though; they make the appropriate historical corrections, they don't just add them in to today.

So, for example, on 7/28, you said:
    Texas: 10,698 new cases; 121 deaths
    ...but worldometers is now showing 185 deaths on 7/28.

And on 7/26, you said:
    Texas: 4,309 new cases; 86 deaths
    ...but now it's listed as 97.

7/25 is 154 instead of 137, 724 is 191 instead of 170, etc.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

prince andrew nonce
    Stephen Kaufmann nonce
    Glenn Dubin nonce
    Alan Dershowitz nonce
    George Mitchell nonce
    Jean Luc Brunel nonce
    Bill Richardson nonce
    Marvin Minsky nonce
    spanish president nonce
    large hotel chain owner nonce

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.nytimes.com/video/us/pol...udio-call.html

Wanna violate executive privilege? Here's the audio of Trumps discussion with Inhofe.
    Let's see, if I remember correctly from Republicans during the impeachment hearing regarding Lt Col Vindland overhearing Sondland's call, there's no way someone would put the phone on speaker, and no one could possibly have overheard the call. So obviously this audio I can listen to with my own ears is fake news and another DEMONRAT HOAX.

10+ Year Old Account
    This one has @Edge- all over it.

So Trump was "answering" questions, saying things like children are "almost immune" etc. Then he was asked if he could assure that school children would be safe at the in-person classes he was pushing.

Can you assure anybody of anything?
    I mean, "I take no responsibility" is bad, but that's worse. Hell, I think in-person classes are asking for a third wave on the second wave, and even I could give a better answer. See, watch:

Look, every school wants to see their students, the parents, and of course the teachers and staff safe. With proper guidance from the CDC and other federal programs, state education officials will be provided all the tools they need to be as safe, if not much safer, than everyone else. It was the same thing with seatbelts. When they were made mandatory, they did not lower the chance of death to zero, but auto accidental deaths dropped dramatically. This will be the same. And I'm putting the full power of the White House behind this, not just DeVos but everyone, to make sure that our children receive the education they deserve, in not just a safe environment, but the effective and caring one they've experienced in all the years leading up to this. If everyone, from the parents, to the school boards, to the state and the federal eduction officials, works together and does their part, we can get our kids safely back in those classrooms. Bigly, white power, hoax, no collusion, JOBS!
    See? That took me like 3 minutes. And it wasn't the hands-thrown-up "well nobody can promise anything" from the man who promised the impossible over and over while running for office. Also fuck DeVos, this is supposed to be her main focus and ain't nobody heard shit from her except lawsuits.

EDIT: Whoops, forgot the citation. https://thehill.com/policy/healthcar...can-you-assure

For a mental midget, sure.

edit:
    I like(d) the "hung up on it" part of your response. Made up conclusions ftw.
    If you consider children "mental midgets", I guess. And you were the one who brought it up as "a personal favorite", so I hardly made anything up. Bye now.

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    That's not how they do it, though; they make the appropriate historical corrections, they don't just add them in to today.
    You're right and I misread it. As I said, having a hard time parsing it today.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Trump campaign has apparently suspended most of its TV advertising at the moment, claiming that Brad Parscales firing/demotion requires the halt in order to 'reorganize' and come up with a new strategy.

Now, I am no political strategist but that does not sound like something a winning campaign does. You would think 15 days would be enough time for them to come up with even a guideline of a strategy but the Trump campaign is being run largely by unqualified sycophants and grifters.
    Last edited by Zaydin; 2020-07-31 at 04:10 AM.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

7+ Year Old Account
    If you consider children "mental midgets", I guess.
    Considering who they are and who they grew up with? I call bullshit. Normal children, maybe. In this case, no.

And you were the one who brought it up as "a personal favorite", so I hardly made anything up. Bye now.
    Finding something humorous is hung up on it? Someone was being unnecessarily hyperbolic and it wasn't me. But, go ahead, run away.

As I said, having a hard time parsing it today.
    This makes sense.

Considering who they are and who they grew up with? I call bullshit. Normal children, maybe. In this case, no.
    For someone who went through a shitload of trauma as a child? Yes.

Finding something humorous is hung up on it? Someone was being unnecessarily hyperbolic and it wasn't me. But, go ahead, run away.
    If you want to split hairs over the word choice be my guest, I'm just not derailing the thread further for it. Have fun.

This makes sense.
    I misread the COVID-19 data. I didn't misread your drivel.

As I said, I'm not derailing the thread further for it. Toodles.

7+ Year Old Account
    For someone who went through a shitload of trauma as a child? Yes.
    Of course, they're an idiot because of their childhood. What the fuck ever.

If you want to split hairs over the word choice be my guest, I'm just not derailing the thread further for it. Have fun.
    Says the guy who took issue of..... well you took issue of nothing of consequence. Talk about derailing.

I misread the COVID-19 data. I didn't misread your drivel.
    There's evidence that you're misreading (or misinterpreting) plenty of other things. The comment stands.

As I said, I'm not derailing the thread further for it. Toodles.
    You've said goodbye once. I bet you're one of those posters that just can't help but to keep responding over nothing. I look forward to another "goodbye" post after I finish my next mythic dungeon. See ya in about 30.

15+ Year Old Account
    So, out of curiosity because my mind is evil sometimes, and well it looks for solutions regardless of how bad the outcome might be, what can the President do to rig an election?

Like, let's imagine mail-in voting. Can he just let the ballots "vanish"? How much can Republican states/counties do to keep democrats from getting to vote?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    The Trump campaign has apparently suspended most of its TV advertising at the moment, claiming that Brad Parscales firing/demotion requires the halt in order to 'reorganize' and come up with a new strategy.

Now, I am no political strategist but that does not sound like something a winning campaign does. You would think 15 days would be enough time for them to come up with even a guideline of a strategy but the Trump campaign is being run largely by unqualified sycophants and grifters.
    It sounds more like throwing mud at the wall and see what sticks failed (aimed at Biden).
    My guess is that they will either go full blown horrible or try to focus more on the positive.

If in a short time we start seeing rumours of Biden having a illegitimate black son (maybe Obama.....!!!) then you know what direction the Trump campaign will go with.

BREAKING: Hong Kong's pro-Beijing government, citing coronavirus, postpones elections; pro-democracy opposition cries foul.

Oh this is magic. I can't wait for the US State Department and Trump himself comment on Hong Kong not being able to hold an election.
    "You think you just fell out of a coconut tree?’

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    He was crowdsourcing ideas from his rich buddies on Facebook - https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...acebook-127941

Great plan. Bigly.
    Exactly. Nothing if value to everyday citizens.just more grift. All they ever do.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Trump Shuffle continues.

So as Trump is mobilizing his brown shirts, including ICE, to grab citizens in unmarked vehicles without reading them their rights, the next most logical step is, of course, the department of ICE to have nobody at the helm. And that's due to happen come Labor Day.

"When reached for comment, what did the head of ICE have to say?"

He said "I don't exist." The acting head of ICE is Albence. He's the one due to depart.

"Okay, what about the head of ICE before him?"

Oh, he didn't exist either. Albence replaced acting head Morgan.

"What about the head before him?"

Oddly enough, it was Albence again, starting April 2019.

"Before him?"

Vitello. Also acting, from June 2018.

"Before him?"

Homan. Also acting.

"Before him?"

Ragsdale. Also acting. Lasted ten days. And he started Jan 20 -- yes, Trump had an acting head of ICE before doing anything else except his inauguration before taking the first weekend off. Ten days later, Trump fired Yates, demoted Ragsdale, who stayed for four months before joining one of the largest private prison companies on the motherfucking planet, GEO Group.

"Sounds familiar."

It should. Not only did they just lose a multiplayer match with Trump against California involving a massive no-bid federal contract that landed in their laps, they also have been called out for incompetence for spreading the lethal outbreak amongst their prisoners who I'm just going to assume are mostly minorities and not bother researching to see if I'm right.

To the best of my knowledge, Trump has never had anyeone at the head of ICE. It has always been acting. Please, if I'm wrong, show me -- near as I can tell we've had a chain of acting heads since Jan 20, 2017. Trump has made immigration crackdown one of his biggest dog whistle promises and can't keep anyone at the helm long enough to make them an actual department head, even though he had two people last over a year which you'd think would be a vote of confidence. Could field a half-decent inter-office basketball team, though.

So there you have it. Despite all his big promises while campaigning, his massive hiring of border guards by lowering standards, and the Wall itself, Trump has never actually had a permanent head of ICE. It's always been a hired goon with no accountability and no oversight. I do like the image of the current guy fleeing just before the election, though. Maybe Albence (who seemed to be a lifer until this article), hardliner though he may be, looked at ICE bring used to gas civilians and round them up said "I might put brown children in dog cages until they die, but I draw the line at literal Nazi-dom"?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Oh this is magic.
    Expected move from China, but the timing couldn't be better. Not only has every single person in Washington except Trump, Barr and Pompeo come out against moving the US election, now that China's moving their own, Trump can't. Or else Biden -- and everyone else, such as debate moderators and FOX News -- can say "We are the USA, not China"

- - - Updated - - -

Records. Records. Broken records.

U.S. records nearly 25,000 coronavirus deaths in July

U.S. coronavirus deaths rose by almost 25,000 in July and cases doubled in at least 18 states during the month, according to a Reuters tally, dealing a crushing blow to hopes of quickly reopening the economy.

The United States has recorded nearly 1.8 million new cases in July out of its total 4.5 million infections, an increase of 66% with many states yet to report on Friday. Deaths in July rose at least 19% to over 152,000 total.

The biggest increases were in Florida, with over 300,000 new cases in July, followed by California and Texas with about 250,000 each. Those three states also saw cases double in June.

Cases also more than doubled in Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nevada, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Carolina, Tennessee and West Virginia, according to the tally.

Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York had the lowest increases, with cases rising 7% or less.

The United States shattered single day global records in July by reporting over 77,000 new cases on July 16. During the month, 33 out of 50 states had one-day record increases in cases and 19 set records for how much deaths rose in 24 hours, according to a Reuters tally.
    The news follows the massive Q2 GDP loss, which in a single quarter put the US back into 2017 territory.

The only silver lining is, as @Benggaul has been kind enough to inform us, cases seem to be stabilizing which means in a week or so deaths will hopefully also level off. The economy should also see a partial recovery -- but expect 2020 to lose about 6.5% GDP and unemployment to remain the highest in five years.

(expands chart)

Ten years.

(expands chart)

Twenty-five years.

(expands chart)

Since Reagan chased Carter out of office.

Are cases stabling or are numbers getting fudged?

Is it simple coincidence that numbers start to stabilise after the WH took over data collection?
    Considering its Trump I'm inclined to go with it not being a coincidence...
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death