10+ Year Old Account
    Once again, it's time for Guess the Speaker!

I think he meant the deferral would be forgiven. I think he was saying that the savings on the deferral will be permanent. He did not mean that he was eliminating the Social Security tax
    "Holy shit, did WH staffers actually go on Sunday morning talk shows to say Trump wasn't really unilaterally ending Social Security?"

Funny how they had to do that, yes. As you can see from my posts on the subject, I did not get that read, but I've already seen FB ads that leapt to that conclusion -- or more likely, were leading old people to leap to that conclusion.

"But that's not what Trump meant, and it wasn't that unclear."

And, yet, here we are. Trump is so off-script, so unpredictable, and so random, that this tactic is now sound. "Read the words Trump said, this time but the last four years. Trump wants to end your Social Security" is seeded with enough truth to push that narrative.

"But you can't take one statement and twist it mal--"

Look at Trump's campaigns. Yes, you're allowed to do this. Sorry, rabid fanbase, I don't make the rules. I just point out when they're enforced fairly. You reap what you sow, motherfuckers.

"At least tell us who What He Meant Was'd, okay?"

I mean...does it really matter?

Oh for fuck's sake...

New York Times: White House reached out to South Dakota governor about adding Trump to Mount Rushmore

Welp, I'm pretty handy with a pickaxe. If I'm not needed for White House pest removal I'll happily apply my skills to removing stone boils.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Once again, it's time for Guess the Speaker!

"Holy shit, did WH staffers actually go on Sunday morning talk shows to say Trump wasn't really unilaterally ending Social Security?"

Funny how they had to do that, yes. As you can see from my posts on the subject, I did not get that read, but I've already seen FB ads that leapt to that conclusion -- or more likely, were leading old people to leap to that conclusion.

"But that's not what Trump meant, and it wasn't that unclear."

And, yet, here we are. Trump is so off-script, so unpredictable, and so random, that this tactic is now sound. "Read the words Trump said, this time but the last four years. Trump wants to end your Social Security" is seeded with enough truth to push that narrative.

"But you can't take one statement and twist it mal--"

Look at Trump's campaigns. Yes, you're allowed to do this. Sorry, rabid fanbase, I don't make the rules. I just point out when they're enforced fairly. You reap what you sow, motherfuckers.

"At least tell us who What He Meant Was'd, okay?"

I mean...does it really matter?
    And in reality if a president can just unilaterally abolish payroll taxes or defer then forgive them then that is in actual fact ending medicare and medicaid. That not being his intention does not mean that it is not actually what he is talking about because if a president can do that and the precedent is set then the gun is loaded and trigger pulled for ending medicare and medicaid and they should flog this one in ads constantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Oh for fuck's sake...

New York Times: White House reached out to South Dakota governor about adding Trump to Mount Rushmore

Welp, I'm pretty handy with a pickaxe. If I'm not needed for White House pest removal I'll happily apply my skills to removing stone boils.
    I say do it. But make him look like a total clown (more than he is already that is).

Oh for fuck's sake...

The delusion of grandure is just... "throws hands in the air" I give. The madness has reached rock bottom yet again, and it will somehow continue straight down.

10+ Year Old Account
    "What He Meant Was," explains White House Chief of Staff Meadows, "is that the RNC acceptance speech will not be held at the White House at all."

"Really?"

Well, no. Meadows said he wanted it to be miles and miles away from the White House. He did say Trump wanted it at the White House and they'd do it if he insi--

"So Meadows didn't say that, did he?"

Well, no. I believe he was trying to both deflect from the outcry even GOP Senators are part of, while also pushing Trump in that direction by saying such on FOX News where Trump would see it.

Oh for fuck's sake...

His shit eating grin immortalized would kill me.

But if they have to do it it should be done in Arizona where the rocks are more.... orange.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post

But if they have to do it it should be done in Arizona where the rocks are more.... orange.
    Guaranteed any monument featuring him instantly becomes the most defaced monument in US history. The stench of urine alone will be dizzying.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post

I'm not much into destroying national monuments and historical sites, but I could be persuaded to destroy that fucking thing.
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

Guaranteed any monument featuring him instantly becomes the most defaced monument in US history. The stench of urine alone will be dizzying.
    Is it legal for US citizens to own tanks or rocket launchers? Asking out of curiosity
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    Is it legal for US citizens to own tanks or rocket launchers? Asking out of curiosity
    As far as tanks are concerned, it depends on the state, and the permit you have.

look whats going on in belarus

that will happen here if trump is re elected
    in fact it might already to be too late
    hes already going to use any executive order he can to rig the election

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    In all fairness, hastily made flu vaccines are known to have issues. Finnish government was forced to pay massive amounts of money to people because teens had massive complications with the vaccine related to swine-flu in 2009 or so. It caused a narcolepsy wave that the people have to suffer from up to this date and they keep getting monetary compensation for it.
    It should be noted that the virus itself also caused a spike in narcolepsy cases.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Blame the mainstream media all you want, they're like this because so many idiots were crying that their side was being treated poorly when the truth of them was reported on while the other side fell right along with it saying that the news needed to be fair, failing to realize that it was and reporting on a political party being dicks isnt political, but truthful.
    I 100% agree with this.

The mainstream media gets away with being so dishonest and corrupt because corporate America benefits from it, and the people getting shafted don't fight back. Corporate America pays for the mainstream media - look at who buys the ads, it's the pharmaceutical companies not Walmart workers. And they MORE than get their money's worth.

Trump and his supporters have piggy backed on this basic structure to majorly distort the media even further in their direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega10 View Post
    I 100% agree with this.

The mainstream media gets away with being so dishonest and corrupt because corporate America benefits from it, and the people getting shafted don't fight back. Corporate America pays for the mainstream media - look at who buys the ads, it's the pharmaceutical companies not Walmart workers. And they MORE than get their money's worth.

Trump and his supporters have piggy backed on this basic structure to majorly distort the media even further in their direction.
    mainstream media was fine
    if anything mainstream media is too soft on trump in an attempt to look neutral
    and "new media" ( on left and right)is actually just political hackery
    breitbart, the young turks, oann, pim tool
    Last edited by arandomuser; 2020-08-10 at 12:43 AM.

#TrumpCantRideABike

What was it about Sleepy Joe again? I don't think Trump can even balance himself on a bike.

47,849 new cases, about 2k fewer than last Sunday.

California: 6,836 new cases; 67 deaths
    Florida: 6,229 new cases; 77 deaths
    Texas: 5,803 new cases; 103 deaths
    Georgia: 3,169 new cases; 13 deaths
    Louisiana: 2,653 new cases; 56 deaths
    Tennessee: 2,127 new cases; 8 deaths
    Illinois: 1,382 new cases; 5 deaths
    North Carolina: 1,166 new cases; 9 deaths
    Alabama: 1,161 new cases; 13 deaths
    Indiana: 1,041 new cases; 5 deaths

As usual it's the weekend so there's very little that can be done with the data available since it's woefully incomplete. It does, however, look like Indiana is heading for a bad week given that its Sunday total of 1,041 is its second-highest total to date. Fuck Florida.

535 deaths is higher than the previous Sunday by 12-13% if my off-the-noggin' math is correct, putting the US total at 165,617. If the current trends hold we'll see 170k by the next weekend.

It's been 30+ degrees (Celsius) here for the past few days and my standing fan just overheated (YOU HAD ONE JOB), so since it's a "lull" day I'm not going to sit here boiling any longer.

Stay safe, folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    #TrumpCantRideABike

What was it about Sleepy Joe again? I don't think Trump can even balance himself on a bike.
    I don't think Trump can even drive a car.

Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    I don't think Trump can even drive a car.
    And Joe was riding a bike with mask on.

Maybe instead of asking Joe to take a cognitive test, we should ask Trump to ride a bike.
    Last edited by Rasulis; 2020-08-10 at 02:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    And Joe was riding a bike with mask on.
    "BUT NO HELMET OMG RECKLESS AND IRRESPONSIBLE!" -- Trumptards on Twitter