Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    On the flipside, Trump is attacking Harris now... but there's evidence he and his family donated to her campaign some 5+ years ago. Pretty funny.
    Yes, he donated a total of $6000 to her over two of her campaigns for CA Attorney General. And as recently as 2 weeks ago, when asked about her as a potential VP pick, he said "I think she’d be a fine choice. Kamala Harris. A fine choice." It's almost as if he had no idea who she was so he just said something generic.
    “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” -- Donald J. Trump, 2013

"I don't take responsibility at all."
    -- Donald J. Trump, 2020

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Trump the racist. Race baiting piece of bleep.
    With the added damage, of course, from Trump's policies, words and actions, the suburbs are already low-income neighborhoods.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonogo View Post
    Lol, the bolded is a dead giveaway of the "independent" nature of the independent sentinel.
    "Open borders" is the biggest give away ever.

No democrats, not even AOC and "the Squad" want open borders.

What most of us want is a reformed immigration policy that helps people enter while maintaining border security without bullshit like useless border walls, immigration courts where migrants don't get representation, and detention centers that separate families and hold people indefinitely.

Literally no one wants the border to be completely open to let anyone just wander in.

- - - Updated - - -

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...798960640?s=19

Trump the racist. Race baiting piece of bleep.

Many have asked why would he single out Corey Booker, who has no policy affecting the suburbs. Plus he posts this after Kamala Harris pick.

Was something on Fox, which he tagged? Not surprising either.
    At this point, I'd be relieved if he came out to a presser in full KKK regalia because at least he'd finally be admitting to a truth we've all known since . . . forever.
    Putin khuliyo

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    "Open borders" is the biggest give away ever.

No democrats, not even AOC and "the Squad" want open borders.

What most of us want is a reformed immigration policy that helps people enter while maintaining border security without bullshit like useless border walls, immigration courts where migrants don't get representation, and detention centers that separate families and hold people indefinitely.

Literally no one wants the border to be completely open to let anyone just wander in.
    And let's not forget that border security has never, ever been the issue for immigration "problems". IIRC, it's mostly always been about visa expirations and people over staying. Something the GOP can't bring up because their First Lady was an illegal undocumented immigrant at one point.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ursus View Post
    Yes, he donated a total of $6000 to her over two of her campaigns for CA Attorney General. And as recently as 2 weeks ago, when asked about her as a potential VP pick, he said "I think she’d be a fine choice. Kamala Harris. A fine choice." It's almost as if he had no idea who she was so he just said something generic.
    Interesting - if that quote re Harris from two weeks ago is on tape, I would expect the Lincoln Project to have that out in a jiffy.
    Last edited by cubby; 2020-08-12 at 04:51 PM.

"At this point, I'd be relieved if he came out to a presser in full KKK regalia because at least he'd finally be admitting to a truth we've all known since . . . forever.
    To give Trump credit if I have to, is how much he tiptoes up to the racism. Now we can probably say he is blatant about it, but as such a piece of crap he is, I am waiting for a straight racial slur. I men even Tucker Carlson and what's her name are as blatant as Trump is right now. I guess it's the new age of racism where they know that a slur is too farm but using every dog whistle and saying everything but a slur is the New Racism.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

At this point, I'd be relieved if he came out to a presser in full KKK regalia because at least he'd finally be admitting to a truth we've all known since . . . forever.
    The most frustrating part of such a hypothetical scenario, is you'd still have Trump supporters or "Independents" insisting that it was just a joke. Or if it wasn't a joke, it's not that big of a deal. Or if it is a big deal...the Klan used to vote Democrat! Clearly, they're just as bad!

And so on, and so on....
    "Go back...I just want to go back...!"

Quote Originally Posted by RadasNoir View Post
    The most frustrating part of such a hypothetical scenario, is you'd still have Trump supporters or "Independents" insisting that it was just a joke. Or if it wasn't a joke, it's not that big of a deal. Or if it is a big deal...the Klan used to vote Democrat! Clearly, they're just as bad!

And so on, and so on....
    You'd also have GOP members of Congress going something like this:

Reporter: "President Trump showed up to the press conference today wearing a KKK robe and hood. Do you think that is an acceptable thing to do?"
    GOPer: "You know, I didn't see it happen, this is actually the first time I'm hearing about it, so I can't really comment."
    Reporter: "Well he showed up dressed like a KKK member, what more do you need to know about it?"
    GOPer: "I'd really have to see the video of it so I can put it into context, I'm not going to comment without having seen it."
    Reporter: "Well actually I do have the video right here, I can play it for you."
    GOPer: "I'm busy, I don't have time to watch videos."
    Reporter: "It will only take 10 seconds."
    GOPer: "We're done here."
    “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” -- Donald J. Trump, 2013

"I don't take responsibility at all."
    -- Donald J. Trump, 2020

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    On the flipside, Trump is attacking Harris now... but there's evidence he and his family donated to her campaign some 5+ years ago. Pretty funny.
    His family has donated to the Clintons, even having them at his wedding. Yes, Trump Corporation lobbied everyone... just like corporations tend to do... He still chanted “lock her up”, will still claim Harris is an anarchist. But... you don’t care...

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, he can post “White power” screaming supporter, with GOP crying it was an “accident”... oh... wait... that did happen...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...ubpoena-394256

So Ron Johnson's Senate Intel Committee's look into the origins of the Russian investigation? It's kinda a mess, because Johnson wants to haul in Comey and Brenan, amongst others.

It's not Democrats stopping it, they literally can't as they're the minority. His own party is stopping it.

"We had a number of my committee members that were highly concerned about how this looks politically," the Wisconsin GOP senator told conservative radio host Hugh Hewitt, who pressed Johnson to identify Republicans standing in the way of a wave of high-profile subpoenas.

"Hugh, I'm just not going to be naming names that way," Johnson replied.

"If there's a senator who is blocking a subpoena, we need to know who that is so we throw them out," Hewitt said later.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    "We had a number of my committee members that were highly concerned about how this looks politically,"
    What? That's not LOCK HER UP! LOCk HER UP! at all! I think Don Johnson there might not have understood the question. Could it be phrased in the form of a racist tweet?

- - - Updated - - -

The “suburban housewife” will be voting for me. They want safety & are thrilled that I ended the long running program where low income housing would invade their neighborhood. Biden would reinstall it, in a bigger form, with Corey Booker in charge! @foxandfriends @MariaBartiromo
    -- Donald Trump
    You spelled my name wrong
    -- CORY Booker, in this tweet

- - - Updated - - -

Oddly enough, FOX News is getting out in front of Republicans calling Harris a safe/not very far left choice, and even saying "some Republicans will say she's far left when she is not".

"Well one such comment doesn't--"

Oh, I have two more. Add Fiorina to the list. For those of you wondering why I still call Trump a fat fatass fatty fat morbidly obese fatass without body shaming anyone else (anymore...) it's because Fiorina was the opponent that Trump said was too ugly to be elected to her face. Once Trump opened that door, any and all attacks against his physical appearance are now permanently fair game. His massive bulk, his bloated ass, his unnatural skin color, that hair he claims is real, and how fat he is. All of it. Forever, or until he apologizes, whichever comes first.

"You said three, that's two."

The interview in which Fiorinia was on Wharton Business Daily.

"...didn't Trump go to--"

Yes.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/t...nment-n1236515

The Ambassador to the UK, remember the one who tried to get the British Open hosted at Trump's property, is, unsurprisingly, also apparently a racist, sexist piece of shit. And a fucking snowflake.

The clash damaged morale at the embassy, and staff told the inspector general that "when the Ambassador was frustrated with what he interpreted to be excessive staff caution or resistance to suggestions about which he felt strongly, he sometimes questioned their intentions or implied that he might have them replaced," the report said. "This caused staff to grow wary of providing him with their best judgment."
    But embassy staff told the inspector general's office that Johnson "sometimes made inappropriate or insensitive comments on topics generally considered Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)-sensitive, such as religion, sex, or color," the report said, citing interviews with staff members.
    The IG aqreed and said the State Department should carry out a review. Pompeo didn't.

The State Department, however, rejected the recommendation, saying a formal assessment was not required, according to the report. The department said the ambassador had watched a government video on workplace harassment and instructed senior officials to do the same, and also encouraged staff to take a training course on "mitigating unconscious bias."
    Well, I guess if he watched the corporate mandated training video it's all fine!

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.mlive.com/public-interes...l-reports.html

Since launching an investigation into the U.S. Postal Service, Peters said he’s heard from “hundreds” of Michigan residents who are receiving lifesaving medicines, bills, checks and election ballots later than usual. Peters and U.S. Rep. Brenda Lawrence, D-Southfield, told reporters Monday they suspect Postmaster General Louis DeJoy, a Republican donor and businessman without prior experience in the Postal Service, isn’t acting in the best interests of Americans who rely on the timely delivery of mail.
    In which Trump's lackies attempts to ratfuck the USPS could very well end up killing people or financially fucking them over.

right wingers
    "my problem with libruls is all they do is identity politics"

"now let me tell you everything i know and think about kamal harris identity"

i mean sure yes it is true liberals do it
    but i would argue saying " oh its great a black woman is VP" vs this https://twitter.com/RealCandaceO/sta...83740035186690
    one version is less harmful
    Last edited by arandomuser; 2020-08-12 at 06:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do not share your hatred of him or think he is responsible for the deaths from the virus. So like 76% of the Americans ( from a poll taken ) I blame China for the pandemic, not Trump.
    Noone said blame Trump for the Pandemic. He obviously isn't at fault for that. He is directly responsible for thousands of deaths due to neglecting his job and failure to act. Also, you rubbing your face into Marijuana blossoms isn't someone making a poll, it's you getting high of pollen. Pretty big difference.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    McConnell is playing this one backwards. Either he's doing so intentionally, because he knows Trump won't budge from Trump's nonsensical position or because he thinks the Democrats will somehow damage themselves in the process...or he's tired of winning and wants to go home. None of those are winners, just losing by less. I can't think of any good reason why inaction is the right move here.
    I think he's attempting to set up the Dems for failure by playing against Trump's unerring Ego to make sure nothing happens. And when no deal is struck, the GOP campaign machine can without a hint of irony spin more of the 'Unreasonable, Do nothing Democrats!!' talking points.

Or he's expecting the Democrats to get desperate in their wanton pursuit of 'making sure Americans aren't going homeless and destitute in the middle of a fucking pandemic' and think pitting them directly against Trump's unreasonable demands will make them fold just to get something passed.

Congress should just push it through and make it the senates fault for not doing anything. If the senate caves then Trump will be forced to veto it and be blamed for not doing anything. If he lets it through everyone wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Congress should just push it through and make it the senates fault for not doing anything. If the senate caves then Trump will be forced to veto it and be blamed for not doing anything. If he lets it through everyone wins.
    Dems can't force the senate to vote on anything. So the senate basically will just sit on their hands going la la la. It is why Mitch has basically dissappeared and wants nothing to do with the negotiations he does not want his finger prints on anything unless its 100% guaranteed to pass so he can pass off any blame on the whitehouse.

Quote Originally Posted by kaid View Post
    Dems can't force the senate to vote on anything. So the senate basically will just sit on their hands going la la la. It is why Mitch has basically dissappeared and wants nothing to do with the negotiations he does not want his finger prints on anything unless its 100% guaranteed to pass so he can pass off any blame on the whitehouse.
    If the senate doesn’t act then it’s their fault instead of congress.

The Senate and the House are both parts of Congress.

The house already acted they passed the bill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post
    I think he's attempting to set up the Dems for failure by playing against Trump's unerring Ego to make sure nothing happens. And when no deal is struck, the GOP campaign machine can without a hint of irony spin more of the 'Unreasonable, Do nothing Democrats!!' talking points..
    Except, during the upcoming heated part of the election, that won't work. At least, not very well. The Democrats passed a relief bill with a relief check months ago. Yes, some Republicans will just pretend that didn't happen, but those people were going to vote R anyhow. Actual Republicans like @Skroe used to be should be the target, and that tactic you suggested won't work on them.