10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wunksta View Post
    The GOP hurts itself in its confusion!
    That's been their story since McCain lost in 2008.

Strangely it seems to work for them. Example: Donald J Trump.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    So Iran is to blame.....I've kind of gotten immune to this shadow boogeyman argument.
    It;s far more likely that Israeli government, who's right-wing politicians have become more extreme over the years, just found it convenient to nominalizme relationships with certain parties.
    I mean, it is what it is, you can hit whatever your favorite opinion piece that will list same reason because that is that. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sure you can say that both sides have other incentives, but Iran pressure is a big one there for everyone. It might be a bogeyman for you over there over the pond, but for us and neighboring states it is an actual concern and a very real now.

But of course you can be you instead and go push Erdogan propaganda here, not that any sane person cares about that one.

Over all this is a pretty great week for Israel, first Kamala Harris as VP and then this, things are pretty good.

So Iran is to blame.....I've kind of gotten immune to this shadow boogeyman argument.
    It;s far more likely that Israeli government, who's right-wing politicians have become more extreme over the years, just found it convenient to nominalizme relationships with certain parties.
    Yes the arab countries see iran as a greater enemy these days and it should come to no ones surprise.

It's a sweet deal.

Also lol at turkey yet again threatening nations this time to break with the UAE over this. Then the whole greece and turkey border issues, france just sent some ships and jets to reinforce greece.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2020-08-14 at 05:14 PM.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I mean, it is what it is, you can hit whatever your favorite opinion piece that will list same reason because that is that. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sure you can say that both sides have other incentives, but Iran pressure is a big one there for everyone. It might be a bogeyman for you over there over the pond, but for us and neighboring states it is an actual concern and a very real now.

But of course you can be you instead and go push Erdogan propaganda here, not that any sane person cares about that one.

Over all this is a pretty great week for Israel, first Kamala Harris as VP and then this, things are pretty good.
    Propaganda from Erdogan is at least better than propaganda from Trump and Netanyahu. And frankly, at this point what actual sane person would go around and believe crap that comes from the Trump administration?

Just let this really sink in for a moment. The Trump administration is going around and making a victory tour. This fact alone should make people skeptical of the long term benefits of this so called peace deal.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Yes the arab countries see iran as a greater enemy these days and it should come to no ones surprise.

It's a sweet deal.

Also lol at turkey yet again threatening nations this time to break with the UAE over this. Then the whole greece and turkey border issues, france just sent some ships and jets to reinforce greece.
    Just pointing out that one has nothing to do with the other.
    Both Greece and Turkey have been pulling similar crap for years regarding the territorial waters between the two countries.

No country will ever really go to war and no allied country wants to be involve themselves really. Military wise speaking Greece wouldn't stand a chance and if Turkey fired the first shot instead sanctions would end Erdogan once the rally behind the flag fades away.

Propaganda from Erdogan is at least better than propaganda from Trump and Netanyahu. And frankly, at this point what actual sane person would go around and believe crap that comes from the Trump administration?

Just let this really sink in for a moment. The Trump administration is going around and making a victory tour. This fact alone should make people skeptical of the long term benefits of this so called peace deal.

- - - Updated - - -

Just pointing out that one has nothing to do with the other.
    Both Greece and Turkey have been pulling similar crap for years regarding the territorial waters between the two countries.

No country will ever really go to war and no allied country wants to be involve themselves really. Military wise speaking Greece wouldn't stand a chance and if Turkey fired the first shot instead sanctions would end Erdogan once the rally behind the flag fades away.
    Well they are both nato members so i doubt anything will happen but they seem to side with greece in this as it's just unnecessary shit pulled by turkey in the whole drilling stuff and the whole immigration stunt they pulled with greece a while back and libya and syria to name a few things and they also killed some high ranking iraqi military guys 3 days ago while hunting kurds.

I like turkey and will perhaps travel there soon well after this whole corona thing goes away plus they love cats there, it's erdogan i got issues with he's just a huge idiot starting shit with everyone.

Greece is also a amazing travel destination one of the best on this planet it's just beautiful there with all the islands but i want to see turkey too and i think it's pretty cheap there now as their currency is pretty bad last i heard.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2020-08-14 at 05:57 PM.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Montana is a GOP State. I would think if it was done as a form of voter suppression they'd exclude their own base.

He’s not hurting the people he needs to be hurting.
    https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...-voter-florida

Said by one of his supporters during the Trump caused shutdown. It wouldn't be the first time Trumps actions caused some friendly fire with his own base.

Quote Originally Posted by Molis View Post
    This mail in ballot thing is hilarious because all it will do is keep old people from voting.

Younger "progressives" tend to show up
    just the opposite, as shown by history of elections and this years dem primary, while the youth vote was up, it was drastically lower then expected (and what Sanders needed)

Quote Originally Posted by Molis View Post
    This mail in ballot thing is hilarious because all it will do is keep old people from voting.

Younger "progressives" tend to show up
    In normal elections, this is actually the opposite. Older folks make a day of going to the polls, they do it in groups. And younger, working people either try and squeeze in voting before or after work, or vote mail-in as a convenience (or they don't vote, which is the majority of young voters).

With a pandemic, this might be flipped so that elders are seriously concerned about going to the polls. Younger voters might be discouraged as well, but might be more willing to risk it.

The interesting thing is that older conservative voters might go to the polls as normal because they dismiss the threat of COVID, while more liberal older voters (yes, they exist) might be disenfranchised by mail-in suppression. As an example of the former, my mother's best friend's uncle has HAD COVID, was hospitalized for weeks, has lost a handful of friends to COVID......and still plans to go to the polls, unmasked, on November 3rd, to vote for Trump.

10+ Year Old Account

What's the point of being so salty just because a team you don't like was behind something genuinely good? That's just dishonest.

You can go ahead and do what Biden did, as any sane person, and congratulate both sides, instead of spewing some silly conspiracy theories. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You can't be a Trump supporter and support democracy at the same time.

7+ Year Old Account
    Montana is a GOP State. I would think if it was done as a form of voter suppression they'd exclude their own base.

- - - Updated - - -

Mayyyyybe not during a deadly pandemic.
    The senate race in Montana is competitive:
    https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...enate/montana/

Anything to give doubt to the results gives Trump ammo to whine some more and try to discard those results.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    In normal elections, this is actually the opposite. Older folks make a day of going to the polls, they do it in groups. And younger, working people either try and squeeze in voting before or after work, or vote mail-in as a convenience (or they don't vote, which is the majority of young voters).

With a pandemic, this might be flipped so that elders are seriously concerned about going to the polls. Younger voters might be discouraged as well, but might be more willing to risk it.

The interesting thing is that older conservative voters might go to the polls as normal because they dismiss the threat of COVID, while more liberal older voters (yes, they exist) might be disenfranchised by mail-in suppression. As an example of the former, my mother's best friend's uncle has HAD COVID, was hospitalized for weeks, has lost a handful of friends to COVID......and still plans to go to the polls, unmasked, on November 3rd, to vote for Trump.
    Exactly, the Conservatives who have been repeatedly told Covid is not real and that mail-in votes are fraud will go to the polls and vote. The liberals who understand the country is in a pandemic will vote by mail and get fucked over by tampering inside the USPS.

Boom Trump wins. Democracy falls and the US becomes a banana republic.

We can hope it won't happen but the seeds are being sown right before our eyes and Trump is keeping the attention on if mail-in votes are fraud or not, and not on how to ensure all those mail ballots get handled properly.

My serious advise to anyone in the US that is afraid of this happening. Start looking into emigration, just incase.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Exactly, the Conservatives who have been repeatedly told Covid is not real and that mail-in votes are fraud will go to the polls and vote. The liberals who understand the country is in a pandemic will vote by mail and get fucked over by tampering inside the USPS.

Boom Trump wins. Democracy falls and the US becomes a banana republic.

We can hope it won't happen but the seeds are being sown right before our eyes and Trump is keeping the attention on if mail-in votes are fraud or not, and not on how to ensure all those mail ballots get handled properly.

My serious advise to anyone in the US that is afraid of this happening. Start looking into emigration, just incase.
    Already planning to start looking for jobs in Canada. The border is like a day's drive north.
    Putin khuliyo

Regardless of what actually happens in November, this was already my plan.

Even if by some miracle Biden becomes president without incident, that doesn't change the fact that there are still way too many people who voted for and continue to support Trump. Far more distressing are all the people who refused to take Covid-19 seriously.

It's going to take a lot of work on my part, since I'm not exactly a skilled or wealthy individual, but somehow, I have to find a way out of this God-forsaken country.
    "Go back...I just want to go back...!"

What I am planning to do is get my mail in voting packet, filling it out and then hand delivering it to the nearest polling place. I avoid the lines and make sure the vote is collected.

Not sure if this tactic is available everywhere though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    What I am planning to do is get my mail in voting packet, filling it out and then hand delivering it to the nearest polling place. I avoid the lines and make sure the vote is collected.

Not sure if this tactic is available everywhere though.
    That's exactly what I plan to do, too.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Umm... bye I guess. I don't see much point in running, if you want to make the world a better place, you don't just run from the nastiness. I fully intend to stay no matter what. There is a fight worth winning here, and we are winning. If we run away, we won't win obviously, lol.

USPS warns 46 states, DC that delayed mail-in ballots could disenfranchise voters - The Washington Post

https://t.co/q1cNsXsjF6
    https://twitter.com/DavidJollyFL/sta...076288002?s=19

Hey this is the US President trying subvert our American Democracy. No really he is trying to make sure people can't vote or their vote don't count.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Already planning to start looking for jobs in Canada. The border is like a day's drive north.
    If Canada is allowing Americans in at that point. Right now they aren't thanks to the US's COVID-19 problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    If Canada is allowing Americans in at that point. Right now they aren't thanks to the US's COVID-19 problem.
    Yeah that's kind of a problem.
    Putin khuliyo