Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Have you heard him recite it? It’s amazing... This doesn’t do it justice, but it’s better than giving Shapiro hits:
    I have enough nightmares and disconcerting dreams as it is, I don't need Ben Shapiro reading the lyrics to WAP added to that : |

Oh no, conservatives and women talking about sex... That's not a viable combo, I'm afraid, back to the kitchen with ya!
    Formerly Howeller, lost my account.

They just never experienced how good sex is with a WAP, if only they knew.

43,999 new cases, about 10k fewer than last week...maybe.

Texas: 7,872 new cases; 178 deaths
    California: 5,350 new cases; 179 deaths
    Florida: 3,838 new cases; 223 deaths
    Georgia: 2,816 new cases; 67 deaths
    North Carolina: 1,903 new cases; 61 deaths
    Illinois: 1,740 new cases; 26 deaths
    Alabama: 1,357 new cases; 11 deaths
    Missouri: 1,185 new cases; 15 deaths
    Tennessee: 1,034 new cases; 39 deaths

At this point I'm seriously considering just dropping Florida from the reports altogether because it's become really fucking obvious they have no intention of reporting anywhere near reality. They shut down temporary testing centers on July 30th ahead of the storm and were supposed to have them open again on August 4th. It's now been two weeks past that and their daily testing keeps dropping--not increasing. They went from daily tests well above 40k to just about 20k today, so there's no way in hell they're catching many of the cases they have. I'm inclined to say it's at least double of what they're reporting based off of their trends before the testing stopped, especially in relation to where Texas and California are now. Saw it off and drop it into the sea. Fuck Florida.

Apart from that, the trends seem to be continuing from last week. Illinois might be leveling off its second wave, which is a plus, though it comes just in time for the school year to start. The same goes for most of the rest of the country. Taking Florida out of the equation, cases continue to come down nationally though increasing slowly over time in several states still. It's not how I would have liked to have seen September starting (less than two weeks away), but it's better than I feared it would.

Back up over 1k deaths at 1,358, though that's down a bit from last Wednesday. The total stands at 175,074 US deaths. As a reminder, of the "resolved" cases in the US that's a death total of 5-6%. Meanwhile Trump is devoting his energy to whipping his brainless supporters into a frenzy about "mail-in voter fraud" which, in the past 20 years, has been about 1,300 cases out of 250 million mail-in votes, or .0005%.

Priorities.

Stay safe, folks.

Quote Originally Posted by wunksta View Post
    It's probably due to how you consistently try to sandbag other Democrats and tell them not to vote. No one gives a shit if Trump pardons someone from history compared to what he is doing right now. It was a completely meaningless gesture meant to act as a PR smokescreen. How is that not obvious? You constantly complain how the Democrats lack sincerity and expect praise for this?
    I'm still almost positive it's true anarch on an alt account. Same fake bullshit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

10+ Year Old Account
    So let's talk about oleander.

"...why?"

Because a major Trump donor, The My Pillow Guy, said that an extract from this plant would be helpful for curing the coronavirus.

"Who cares what he says?"

Well, because he claims Trump is on board with the plant extract. Claims Trump is "enthusiastic".

"Yeah but anyone could claim they talked to Trump and that Trump would back them."

Yeah, but reporters asked Trump directly. He said they'd look into it.

"There is no way he--"

Wanna see the video?

"What medical experts have recommended this?"

Oh, none. The My Pillow Guy does not have a science background. He is on a biotech board and claims the CEO told him this was good stuff, on Easter Sunday.

"And...he just sat on that information? He thought there was a prospective cure that he had stock in, and he did nothing until two days ago?"

Apparently. Also the CEO hasn't said anything publicly that I can find. They have an in-house study of a proprietary product from July but, of course, nothing published, nothing peer reviewed, and nothing signed off on by the FDA.

"Um...is it like rhubarb, where only parts of the plant are --"

The entire plant's toxic.

"Has it been tested on humans?"

Well, in that in-house study, no. The My Pillow Guy claims he's been taking it since August, and he said so on CNN.

"That can't have gone well."

It did not. Andersoon Cooper called him a snake oil salesman to his face.

"Did he use those ex--"

Wanna see the video?

So, having moved past hydrometichlorians to literal bleach, Trump is now suggesting plant toxins.

What do you have to lose?

"Wait wait wait. Aren't some real medicines made from things that are toxic?"

I'm sure there are currently-used pharmaceuticals that use a chemical that happens to be part of a poisonous plant, yes. And I'm sure any medicine is toxic if you take too much of it. I mean, technically you can OD on aspirin. I don't think any toxic plant turned into a medical treatment in the span of 3 months, however, the time between

It’s one person coming in from China. We have it under control. It’s going to be just fine
    and the Easter Sunday in question.

Now, it is possible that, somehow, a Trump supporter with no science or medical background just happens to have insight on what just happens to be the only non-lethal part of a plant that just happens to work on COVID-19 and this time when Trump says there's a cure, he actually means it. But the evidence is nowhere near there.

So for this time I will now issue, not a 24-hour challenge, but a two year challenge. If/when oleandrin turns out to be an effective COVID-19 treatment or cure, signed off on by the FDA for that purpose (mandatory part of the challenge) I encourge, I welcome you to shove this post in my face. In public. If not, you lose literally nothing. So bookmark it and hope for the best.

But don't hold your breath.

The lead researcher on that study is pushing back against the company's claims. Dr. Scott Weaver, a virologist at University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston, said in a statement to CBS News that the lab results are "only the first step" and do not necessarily predict that a drug made from the substance would be effective in humans.

Quave, an assistant professor at Emory University who was not involved in the study, noted that this test doesn't address the "well-known cardiac toxicity of the chemical when consumed by an animal or human."

She worries that some might ingest the plant, hoping to cure COVID-19, pointing out that it has in the past caused accidental poisoning.
    "Who would be stupid enough...oh. Right. Bleach."

Yeah. Good luck. Like most Trump "we'll see" this will probably turn into nothing, but it's once again Trump grasping at toxic straws, hoping for something, anything, to undo the damage his own actions caused.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    At this point I'm seriously considering just dropping Florida from the reports altogether because it's become really fucking obvious they have no intention of reporting anywhere near reality. They shut down temporary testing centers on July 30th ahead of the storm and were supposed to have them open again on August 4th. It's now been two weeks past that and their daily testing keeps dropping--not increasing. They went from daily tests well above 40k to just about 20k today, so there's no way in hell they're catching many of the cases they have. I'm inclined to say it's at least double of what they're reporting based off of their trends before the testing stopped, especially in relation to where Texas and California are now. Saw it off and drop it into the sea. Fuck Florida.
    Texas is probably about as bad. I was talking to a brother that lives there, about 80% of his workplace got sick (Including him) and only the guy that got hospitalized got tested, which was positive for Covid-19. The others just stayed home until they recovered, then went back to work. So despite it obviously being the same disease they all had, it only counts as one case instead of 50ish cases.

South Carolina hasn't been great, but it has been leagues better then Texas, Georgia and Florida in just taking things seriously and reporting accurately.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    They just never experienced how good sex is with a WAP, if only they knew.
    Ok, i'm out of the loop. What is WAP?
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    https://twitter.com/Mediaite/status/1295886844106858497

I thought the right was past the whole sexual morality thing when they elected trump
    guess they have no introspection
    The Ben Shapiro tweets have been a goldmine of laughs however

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    Wet Ass Pelican...

Edit:

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post

It's a new Nickie Manaj (? I think) "song"
    Uhm... Cardi B... but... I do believe Manaj is in it... might be a good choice for your next DnD session... yes, I know that song exists because I own the album...
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-08-19 at 02:24 AM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    Wet ass pussy.

It's a new Nickie Manaj (? I think) "song"

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Whoa, and I thought Round One of the Democrat's convention was brutal.

I'll save my applause until the event is over, but um...I might have to call my friend back.
    I'm working late tonight - what happened that was brutal?

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Posting from CNN because HAHAHAHAHA emoluments case against Trump allowed to continue.

The lawsuit, the plaintiffs of which include a hotel operator and a group of restaurants, argues that Trump's "vast, complicated and secret" business arrangements violate a constitutional provision, the Emoluments Clause, which bars the president from accepting gifts from foreign governments without the permission of Congress.

This is one of several cases about the Emoluments Clause and whether Trump's business holdings violate it while he serves as President. All have progressed slowly in court and dealt with major questions that courts largely haven't interpreted since the Founding Fathers wrote the anti-corruption clause into the Constitution.

The 2nd US Circuit Court of Appeals voted Monday not to take it up, according to a court filing. That means the case can continue in a lower court.
    Perhaps @cubby has more to explain, but to me, it looks pretty clear-cut.
    It's interesting that the article says the case is continuing to a lower court - it could be just my first initial quick pass, but the thrust of the ruling seems to indicate that the 2nd Circuit was essentially saying, "well no fucking shit this goes to SCOTUS, why the hell would we even try?".

But very interesting, and there are several of these cases in various stages. Of course, even if SCOTUS grabs it tomorrow, while out of session, and rules on it Wednesday, Trump will just ignore the ruling.

November can't get here quickly enough.
    Last edited by cubby; 2020-08-19 at 03:56 AM.

Wait I'm confused. Why are Republicans upset over a song that just has some locker room talk in it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Justank View Post
    Wait I'm confused. Why are Republicans upset over a song that just has some locker room talk in it?
    God damn it... I already said, because she is giving her consent, very clearly. The issue is consent... it’s like the lawsuit trying to get Trump’s DNA, due to his WAP dripping on a dress. The issue is consent...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Justank View Post
    Women aren't allowed to enjoy sex.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't get these people. I really don't.

I saw a small part of My Pillow Guy's interview with Anderson Cooper and what floors me is the whole "Donald Trump is the greatest president ever!" Like . . . I guess if it was just Pillow Guy saying that, then I'd probably just eyeroll and move on. But I hear it so much from so many MAGAhats and it's just mind boggling.

Like you mean to tell me that Donald Trump, Donald FREAKING Trump, is a better president than the likes of George Washington? Abraham Lincoln? Either of the Roosevelts? John F Kennedy?

I don't get it.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post

I saw a small part of My Pillow Guy's interview with Anderson Cooper and what floors me is the whole "Donald Trump is the greatest president ever!" Like . . . I guess if it was just Pillow Guy saying that, then I'd probably just eyeroll and move on. But I hear it so much from so many MAGAhats and it's just mind boggling.

Like you mean to tell me that Donald Trump, Donald FREAKING Trump, is a better president than the likes of George Washington? Abraham Lincoln? Either of the Roosevelts? John F Kennedy?

I don't get it.
    They think he's hurting "the right people".

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    So some insight into what Oleander can do to you if you injest it:

Quote Originally Posted by Effects of Consuming Oleander
    "Ingestion of this plant can affect the gastrointestinal system, the heart, and the central nervous system. The gastrointestinal effects can consist of nausea and vomiting, excess salivation, abdominal pain, diarrhea that may contain blood, and especially in horses, colic.[14] Cardiac reactions consist of irregular heart rate, sometimes characterized by a racing heart at first that then slows to below normal further along in the reaction. Extremities may become pale and cold due to poor or irregular circulation. The effect on the central nervous system may show itself in symptoms such as drowsiness, tremors or shaking of the muscles, seizures, collapse, and even coma that can lead to death."
    So it pretty much can do everything COVID already does to the human body, minus destroy blood vessels.

I can't tell if its desperation or if these guys are actually out to try and kill people at this point. Because what really sucks is I'm sure there are thousands of people who don't know what the fuck Oleander is and what it can do who might try and get their hands on it (Which you can buy online from certain garden stores, so that'll be fun).
    Last edited by Xyonai; 2020-08-19 at 03:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    The Ben Shapiro tweets have been a goldmine of laughs however
    Lol.
    Shapiro, train your tongue skills, and focus on her pleasure, not yours.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    Women aren't allowed to enjoy sex.
    So, according yo them, is it wrong for us men to be into edging, and loving when they climax?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post

I don't get it.
    Easy. They shut down all info that contradicts their (50+ year old) worldview, in which the white man can do no wrong, and boasting/being "rough" is the way to do things. Even when reality is obliterating everything else, it still cant penetrate the wingnut-forcefield
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    Texas is probably about as bad. I was talking to a brother that lives there, about 80% of his workplace got sick (Including him) and only the guy that got hospitalized got tested, which was positive for Covid-19. The others just stayed home until they recovered, then went back to work. So despite it obviously being the same disease they all had, it only counts as one case instead of 50ish cases.

South Carolina hasn't been great, but it has been leagues better then Texas, Georgia and Florida in just taking things seriously and reporting accurately.
    We'll just never know the full extent of the virus with Trump-the-science-denier leading us over the cliff. Even if Biden wins, we'll probably never have good numbers, outside statistical probabilities. One more treasonous act by our Dipshit-in-Chief.