Quote Originally Posted by horus19 View Post
    No I thought most of then regular posters here were cunts long before that.
    also this quote seems a fitting response You know, you're always calling people "cunts" or "twats," but I just— I never really got how that's an insult? They're flexible, take a pounding, and they're the reason behind, like, 98% of my life decisions
    Last edited by rayvio; 2020-08-22 at 12:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rayvio View Post
    also this seems a fitting response
    You are free to take it as a compliment with my blessing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did lockedout make another burner or is it someone else?
    /s

It's the same guy who makes the burner accounts with random letters strung together like "fandwath." People really need to stop dignifying it with a response and letting it derail threads.
    Last edited by s_bushido; 2020-08-22 at 01:09 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    And I was named Sexiest Man Alive of 2019 if we are going to spout obvious lies.
    I think Trump may have a fake magazine cover hanging in one of his offices, saying the same thing... for every year... excluding when Jesus and Reagan were alive... and... ah... that’s about it... Godwin, take it away...

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    People really need to stop dignifying it with a response and letting it derail threads.
    The insults are easy to ignore... but... the self owns... damn... I got to try harder to ignore those.

I mean look at this stuff, its like fucking Shakespeare! I think I'm getting hard!
    You get hard for Shakespeare?... classy... lol

See... how am I supposed to resist such ridiculous self owns... fuck it... off to watch NBA final, since I cannot control my self from replying.
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-08-22 at 01:20 AM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    It's the same guy who makes the burner accounts with random letters strung together like "fandwath." People really need to stop dignifying it with a response and letting it derail threads.
    Yeah your automated corporate democrat talking points are SO interesting. We really need another cunt posting that shit, having 20 other people do it just isn't enough!

I mean look at this stuff, its like fucking Shakespeare! I think I'm getting hard!

Thread: Mayor Lori Lightfoot defends ban on protesters on her block
    by s_bushidoReplies26 Views860
    People still running with that "defunding the police means no police at all!!!" thing? Interesting.

Whether or not you think blocking protesters from specific areas is ethical, providing for the safety of politicians would still most likely be within the purview of a police force whose task of murdering dealing with non-violent offenders and community social problems had been assigned to people more qualified.
    Yesterday, 05:12 PM
    Thread: Mega-Thread: Trump Focused Discussion
    by s_bushidoReplies55,611 Views4,494,917
    huh. You mean taking your ball and going home isn't a good idea if you also want to pretend you're the "leader of the free world?" Interesting.
    Yesterday, 01:31 PM
    Thread: The Mass Humiliation Of Ben Shapiro
    by s_bushidoReplies49 Views2,528
    Which aspect of Ben Shapiro should we take seriously? The misrepresentation of facts? The lying? The just plain being wrong about nearly every subject he speaks about? The pearl-clutching over dirty words? The inspiring of mass shooters? Well...ok...maybe that last one.
    2020-08-20, 09:35 PM
    Thread: Should we be able to sue lawmakers for damages?
    by s_bushidoReplies26 Views730
    But if we did that no one would ever run on a Republican platform ever again...

No, that's a terrible idea. Politicians should be culpable for the crimes they commit, not the policies they were elected to implement. If you don't want shitty policies, stop voting for shitty politicians.
    2020-08-20, 06:58 PM
    Thread: Netflix September 9 movie "Cuties" for pedophiles, twerking 11 year old kids..
    by s_bushidoReplies21 Views1,101
    French filmmakers are part of Hollywood now? Interesting.

Also, from your own article:

Also also, given that this was posted in politics by this particular OP, I don't want to hear one more fucking word about the left's supposed "cancel culture" after this. Not one.
    2020-08-20, 02:08 PM
    Thread: Goodyears new zero-tolerance policy slide controversy
    by s_bushidoReplies348 Views7,607
    Yeah, but that's why they try to spin the addressing of the issues effecting minority groups as some sort of attack on themselves. It was most obvious when the religious freedom arguments were trotted out in defense of denying gay people their rights. But the same continues with deflections to the damage caused by rioters, and the idea that white people are somehow under attack.
    2020-08-20, 02:49 AM
    Sure...right up until they start losing money because purposefully staying silent on the issue is supporting the status quo. Assuming, of course, that their customers who aren't ok with abuses of police power and systemic bigotry happen to outnumber those who think those things are just fine.
    2020-08-20, 02:16 AM
    You forgot some way to work the (((echoes))) into this somewhere.

I have no problem acknowledging that human rights are a political issue. Because invariably there is always one side of the aisle opposed to granting them to those groups they despise.
    2020-08-20, 12:03 AM
    Given that they exist solely as reactions by conservatives either to the highlighting of issues facing minority groups, or the extension of rights to those minority groups, yes.
    2020-08-19, 09:11 PM
    Thread: The Mass Humiliation Of Ben Shapiro
    by s_bushidoReplies49 Views2,528
    Shapiro's "success" on Facebook is, at least in part, a result of basically buying exposure with a network set up to distribute his material. So while conservative talking heads complain about the media being biased against him, he's a walking example of that being a blatant lie. You know...if the success of Fox news and the plethora of conservative talk radio shows wasn't already enough evidence of that.
    2020-08-19, 05:10 PM
    Maybe if the conservative platform wasn't based entirely around some variation on "fuck you, I got mine," their slogans and merchandise might be seen as acceptable from a human resources/public relations standpoint. Stop holding shitty views, and maybe other people would be more receptive to them. Just an idea.
    2020-08-19, 02:14 PM
    Thread: Conservatives and Right Wingers go after W.A.P song by Cardi B ft Megan Thee Stallion
    by s_bushidoReplies51 Views1,682
    It is slowly going that way. But the Evangelicals are clinging on with tooth and nail...and they still have a lot of influence in culture and public policy.
    2020-08-19, 01:24 PM
    Thread: Conservatives and Right Wingers go after W.A.P song by Cardi B ft Megan Thee Stallion
    heh, this whole thing actually reminds me of this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgigpC-xAB8

Specifically one of the comments:
    "so 1996 is when it all went downhill"

Pretty funny, if you ask me.
    2020-08-19, 12:45 PM
    You really don't want to turn this into a thread about the policies and realities in our society that make people feel like they have no other option than to go into a life like that in order to put food on the table. It wouldn't turn out very well for you.

But hell, you'd think conservatives would be all about someone who started off stripping and stealing but managed to pull themselves up by their bootstraps to be someone worth right-wing pseudo-intellectuals and pundits talking about as if they're a major influence on our culture.
    2020-08-19, 12:32 PM
    I don't care about the vast majority of pop music, and I don't care about this. If it hadn't been this song, it would have just been something else for the perpetually offended to get offended about. It's their job.
    2020-08-18, 11:16 PM
    After 4 years in office never being held accountable for a damned thing, I'm not sure why. This is to be expected. The only thing left to be done is let his cult chant while everyone else votes the piece of shit out of office. The delusional moron can't get a third term if he never gets a second.
    2020-08-18, 07:46 PM
    Thread: Mega-Thread: 2020 United States General Election
    by s_bushidoReplies10,984 Views396,114
    And does this mean they're going to replace the drop boxes they removed?
    2020-08-18, 03:41 PM
    No, you forgot the "and I should get a do-over on this whole term because of it" part.
    2020-08-18, 03:13 PM
    So did Trump pardon someone famous for working to get people the vote, while simultaneously working as hard as he can to deny as many people as possible their vote in the upcoming election?
    2020-08-18, 05:53 AM
    Thread: Another "I can't breath" death: Police Reform & Protests in the USA
    by s_bushidoReplies11,141 Views364,940
    You know what else gets people upset? When the cops murder other people. But sure, tell us more about how important your "things" are.
    2020-08-17, 08:01 PM
    Thread: Do You Still Consider Pluto To Be A Planet?
    by s_bushidoReplies72 Views1,891
    So...once every 20 years or so their orbits intersect...and that's why people are saying this? It's like claiming Earth isn't a planet because asteroids will occasionally come close.
    2020-08-17, 07:30 PM
    Thread: Do You Still Consider Pluto To Be A Planet?
    by s_bushidoReplies72 Views1,891
    Why do people keep saying this.
    2020-08-17, 05:11 PM
    Thread: How much crime can a nuclear state can get away with without shots fired?
    by s_bushidoReplies18 Views591
    Or, adults realize that war is terrible for everyone involved, and isn't something you should just flippantly toss around. Especially given how interconnected the economies of the world are today.
    2020-08-17, 05:04 PM
    Thread: How much crime can a nuclear state can get away with without shots fired?
    by s_bushidoReplies18 Views591
    I'm sure there are better places for you share your fantasies about global armageddon.
    2020-08-17, 03:25 PM
    Thread: Mega-Thread: 2020 United States General Election
    by s_bushidoReplies10,984 Views396,114
    So you don't believe the 2nd Amendment is required to secure your safety from tyrannical government behavior?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    There are lots and lots of people who don't like you Jeb. It is not one guy or half a dozen guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    The insults are easy to ignore... but... the self owns... damn... I got to try harder to ignore those.
    Cool, except when you allow it to derail a thread for several pages it becomes a problem for everyone. Report it, ignore it and move on. If you guys MUST interact with it take it to PMs so it can continue demonstrating why it doesn't deserve a platform there.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Cool, except when you allow it to derail a thread for several pages it becomes a problem for everyone. Report it, ignore it and move on. If you guys MUST interact with it take it to PMs so it can continue demonstrating why it doesn't deserve a platform there.
    You have literally never posted anything of any interest at all from what I can see.

Even such a monumentally fucking tedious pathetically nerdy human being as yourself must somewhere possess the fraction of self-knowledge that would allow you to understand this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    You get hard for Shakespeare?... classy... lol

See... how am I supposed to resist such ridiculous self owns... fuck it... off to watch NBA final, since I cannot control my self from replying.
    That's not what a self-own is. Jesus.

You have literally never posted anything of any interest at all from what I can see.

Even such a monumentally fucking tedious pathetically nerdy human being as yourself must somewhere possess the fraction of self-knowledge that would allow you to understand this.

- - - Updated - - -

That's not what a self-own is. Jesus.
    How would you know? You're brand new here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, when you're wrong you're wrong. And you just need to admit it.

Earlier this week, I posted thta Trump's move at the UN to end the Iran Nuclear Deal that Trump removed the US from, would fail with a vote of 2-10 and 3 absentions.

Thirteen members have voiced opposition. Not ten.

"Wait, who was the other one siding with the US?"

Oh, nobody. The Dominican Republic hasn't officially taken a side yet. It could potentially end 1-14.

So I was off, off enough not to handwave it. But I wasn't 100% wrong.

A 2015 Security Council resolution enshrining the nuclear deal states that if no council member has put forward a draft resolution to extend sanctions relief on Iran within 10 days of a non-compliance complaint, then the body’s president shall do so within the remaining 20 days.

The United States would be able to veto this, giving it a cleaner argument that sanctions on Iran have to be reimposed.

However, the 2015 resolution also says the council would “take into account the views of the states involved.” Given the strong opposition, some diplomats say the council president - Indonesia for August and Niger for September - would not have to put up a draft text.

Faced with this very strong view of a majority of Security Council members that the snapback process has not been triggered, as the presidency they are not bound to introduce the draft resolution,” said a U.N. Security Council diplomat, speaking on condition of anonymity.
    This translates to "Fuck you fatty, this is a stupid idea and we're not doing it". Think of it as...um...planning to introduce a resolution to invade Iraq, but finding out it won't pass, so invading Iraq without UN permission.

Sorry. I don't make the rules. But I do take immense pleasure in watching someone trying to cheat get stuffed.

10+ Year Old Account
    does it matter?
    you seen one insult spewing burner, you've seen them all.
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Trump's court request to delay his tax return being handed over to NYState criminal investigation is denied.

"You already posted that."

This was the appeals court.

Again, Trump is trying the defense that the public seeing his taxes would cause permanent, irreversible harm. The fact that this is his defense, means there's stuff in his taxes he is admitting would be at least embarrassing, possibly flat-out illegal. I believe @cubby has suggested before it wouldnt' be illegal or the IRS would have found it, but considering NYState has subpoena'd them for a fraud investigation, I'm wondering if he's changed his mind.

Also, a grand jury is not public. So not only has Trump admitted there's something horrifying in there, his defense is still invalid, as per both court rulings.

And for good measure, I ask again: if a court subpoena's me for records or testimony for a crime I committed, am I, too, allowed to say "It would cause permanent and irreversable harm" and just not do it? Because I don't think that's how subpoenas are supposed to work, even if it would make court cases that much easier.

"Mr. Defendant, you are required by this court to turn over any records."
    "Sure, here you go."
    "Really? Well I guess he's not guilty. Case dismissed!"

"Mr. Defendant, you are required by this court to turn over any records."
    "Your Honor, that would cause me permanent and irreversable harm."
    "Ah, that sounds like a guilty plea to me! SIEZE HIM!"
    So - this is fucking YUGE. The Second Circuit ruling so quickly and so definitively on this issue essentially makes it over. SCOTUS already ruled on the issue and asked the lower courts to handle it, cowardly but clear, and now we're done.

There is no place for Donnie-Dipshit-in-Chief to hide. His tax records should be handed over forthwith.

For those that don't know, the Federl Circuit Court of Appeals is the middle section of the federal judiciary, ruling on cases in their areas, all appeals from the District Courts. They are all notoriously slow. The 2nd Circuit could have taken a YEAR to rule on this if they wanted, but instead they took a DAY. And in doing so told Trump and any remaining delaying tactics to go fuck themselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    So - this is fucking YUGE. The Second Circuit ruling so quickly and so definitively on this issue essentially makes it over. SCOTUS already ruled on the issue and asked the lower courts to handle it, cowardly but clear, and now we're done.
    What about the new defense Trump is trying? SCOTUS hasn't ruled on that yet.
    \

50,455 new cases, again about 10k fewer than last Friday.

California: 6,539 new cases; 166 deaths
    Texas: 5,753 new cases; 226 deaths
    Fuck Florida.
    Georgia: 2,889 new cases; 94 deaths
    Illinois: 2,293 new cases; 22 deaths
    North Carolina: 2,042 new cases; 44 deaths
    Tennessee: 1,669 new cases; 61 deaths (new record)
    Missouri: 1,342 new cases; 15 deaths
    Oklahoma: 1,077 new cases; 6 deaths
    Ohio: 1,069 new cases; 31 deaths
    South Carolina: 1,058 new cases; 58 deaths
    Indiana: 1,040 new cases; 17 deaths

I'm inclined to believe that MOST of the national decline in new cases is legitimate given that for the most part I'm seeing that decline happening in states whose governors aren't complete Trump sycophants. There are, of course, outliers. Out, liars.

I neglected to mention it yesterday but Iowa hit a new record in cases. They've not yet breached 1k, but yesterday they came their closest at 959. They've been relatively flat on average the past month so I hadn't been paying attention. Time will tell if this is the start of a spike or just a one-day blip.

There are about a dozen states where cases are going up, generally in a slow incline rather than the huge jumps we saw in the South. It's still not good since schools are opening and flu season is approaching, but they might have a prayer of getting it under control as long as the increase remains gradual.

Deaths were exactly one fewer than last week at 1,170, putting the national total at 179,200. The US will hit 180k by the end of the weekend, possibly by the end of tomorrow.

Meanwhile, hopefully Oklahoma learned a thing or two from the Tulsa debacle given that there's a 3-day music festival going on there. They say all safety precautions are being observed--which is immediately untrue given that they are allowing a festival to go on in the middle of a pandemic, but whatever.

Stay safe, folks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    I triggered him by stating the simple fact his IQ is less than Trump's.
    Just want to make it clear that it's not me.

JUST IN: Tennessee governor signs bill that would punish some protesters with loss of voting rights

Trying to step on 2 Constitutional Amendments at once. Eff these people.

The law is of course some shady shit only Republicans can think of by making it a Class E Felony in Tennessee and thus one of the stipulations is they can take away your right to vote.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm? I wonder who will get punished under this law. Obviously the people who may storm a capital because they have to wear masks or they think their gun rights are being taken away.

Now many would say this seems pretty easy to rule on but remember we have to maneuver through the court system possibly and SCOTUS. So this is some scary possiblities.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    JUST IN: Tennessee governor signs bill that would punish some protesters with loss of voting rights

Trying to step on 2 Constitutional Amendments at once. Eff these people.

The law is of course some shady shit only Republicans can think of by making it a Class E Felony in Tennessee and thus one of the stipulations is they can take away your right to vote.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm? I wonder who will get punished under this law. Obviously the people who may storm a capital because they have to wear masks or they think their gun rights are being taken away.

Now many would say this seems pretty easy to rule on but remember we have to maneuver through the court system possibly and SCOTUS. So this is some scary possiblities.
    I'd love to see protestors come from out-of-state to protest this one.

Think that one is gilrak.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    What about the new defense Trump is trying? SCOTUS hasn't ruled on that yet.
    \
    Good question.

The thrust of Trump's argument is that turning over the documents will cause Trump "irreparable harm" if the stay on the order to turn over the documents was not upheld. The problem is that the request by the NYST criminal division is valid on it's face, and the SCOTUS ruled that the President enjoys no absolute immunity - which means in this present case, turning over the documents must show demonstrable harm.

Which is false, on it's face.

Because the documents aren't being publicized. They are being turned over to the Grand Jury, which will hold the documents in secret. The Federal District Court's ruling makes clear that no irreparable harm will take place in the [secret] release of the documents to the prosecutors and therefore the Grand Jury. So no harm.

SCOTUS ruled that Trump enjoys no immunity as President in this situation, and therefore must adhere to the subpoena. Applying that ruling to this case, Trump cannot seek irreparable harm because there is none to be had - and he enjoys no special protection outside the normal law as Resident, so the current case law can be readily applied. So while SCOTUS hasn't ruled specifically on this issue, the ruling itself can be readily applied to Trump's current argument.

With the 2nd Circuit upholding the District Court's ruling, Trump can appeal to SCOTUS. I would imagine, given the 7-2 ruling, that certiorari will not be granted, making the lower court's ruling the final say. In this case, because the 2nd essentially passed and upheld, that would be the Districts.

What I don't know is how long Trump can continue to obfuscate and appeal, and delay and delay - at some point the District Court is going to drive over to the accounting firm and get them himself.

There are other hearings scheduled, including a Sept 1 hearing at the 2nd Circuit, on the meat of the case - which was not the injunction.

Quote Originally Posted by masterhorus8 View Post
    Just want to make it clear that it's not me.
    You're good. It's some guy from UK somewhere with OCPD or something similar.