Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Well, I'm pretty sure Trump doesn't know, either.

Let's look at it from another angle. Let's pretend that Trump is correct: that it's anti-American, that it's a sickness, that --

"Sickness?"

Yeah, here it is from FOX News so there will be no blaming Fake News today! He seems upset that it contains information about white privilege which --

"Isn't he the physical embodiment of the subject? Like, in the book they were using, wasn't there just a picture of Trump and the chapter says 'basically this'?"

We're getting off topic, we're pretending Trump is right. So anyhow, under the assumption that Trump was right and this training was this big anti-American false sickness...

...why did he wait until September of his final year before doing anything about it?

I mean, at this point, doesn't @Zeth Hawkins have to say "Trump let this anti-American false narrative sickness stay in his own White House for nearly four years, and even though it was wrong and false and racist he did literally nothing until last week"? I mean, if Trump is right, doesn't even a Trump supporter have to denounce Trump for leaving it in the White House?

I think they do.

Siri, set timer for 24 hours.
    To be honest, the reason it's likely coming up now is that there are a few very vocal senior level employees throughout the federal government that are pushing back very strongly on some efforts that have been ramped up since all these protests started. None of these types of training are new and several are even required by federal law and enforced by the EEOC. It's just that in most cases the bare minimum was done in order to be legally compliant. Since the protests, there's been a push to go beyond just compliance. For instance, the law requires that there be adverse impact studies done for any processes for which there have been complaints about. If an issue is found then it can be addressed. Now, instead of being reactive people are being proactive and doing these studies not only on current process prior to any complaints but doing validation studies before implementing any new practice (which is actually already required by law).

These efforts have upset those few very vocal senior level employees and I'm guessing their whining has now reached the President's office. I'm sure the things he was told were far from the truth as well, if it even matters. They have such a warped perception about these matters that they might as well be living in some kind of fantasy land.

I've even personally talked to some of these people and it's insane how offended they are by efforts to ensure equity and inclusiveness. For example, I created a statistical model using today's hiring practices to show how long it would take for our workforce's minority race/ethnicity population to mirror that of what's expected based on the demographics of the american population in those work-roles. For one, most of them don't even understand the math behind it and have outright claimed it's all made up just so we hire less white people. Then another was offended that it focused only on minority race/ethnicity and not didn't include white people. Even though the entire purpose of the model is to display how it would take literally decades for us to match the demographics of the US with our current practice that has adverse impact against minorities. He also failed to understand that there's no reason to show white people because it's the literal complementary group. If it's too low for minorities then it's too high for white people and vice/versa.

The absolute worst part about this is how many people have already used Trump's position as a "told you so" directly to our face that we've been acting racist ourselves. It's empowered them beyond belief and I seriously expect a huge backlash within the federal workforce. We're going to lose a tremendous amount of talent during an extremely difficult time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coolthulhu View Post
    Geography and the characteristics of EVD (such as people not being contagious until they develop very easily identifiable symptoms coupled with very high mortality rates) might've factored in a little more than whoever was sitting in the Oval Office.
    Perhaps.

But do consider that Trump is a president that rallied against the no-brainer, nigh-globally agreed upon health statute of mask wearing because he thought it would hurt his chances of reelection and who continually pitched quack science against the advice of medical professionals in an attempt to spin a sort of miracle cure, before ultimately throwing his hands up in defeat over the whole thing.

So like I said... I'm glad we had a competent president handling a far more deadly disease.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Geography and the characteristics of EVD (such as people not being contagious until they develop very easily identifiable symptoms coupled with very high mortality rates) might've factored in a little more than whoever was sitting in the Oval Office.
    Obama started the pandemic response team, Trump defunded it.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter3000 View Post
    We're going to lose a tremendous amount of talent during an extremely difficult time.
    You mean, in the Trump transition when he fired everyone and replaced 1/3rd of them with empty seats?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Perhaps.

But do consider that Trump is a president that rallied against the no-brainer, nigh-globally agreed upon health statute of mask wearing because he thought it would hurt his chances of reelection and who continually pitched quack science against the advice of medical professionals in an attempt to spin a sort of miracle cure, before ultimately throwing his hands up in defeat over the whole thing.

So like I said... I'm glad we had a competent president handling a far more deadly disease.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Obama started the pandemic response team, Trump defunded it.
    I wasn't defending Trump, he handled things miserably. Just pointing out some rather relevant differences between the EVD outbreak(s) and the current pandemic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adolecent View Post
    I'm getting infracted by an American moderator on an American topic promoting/advocating weapons on a childrens forum, what else to expect on an American forum. I'm done here and i'm going to leave you one thing to remember:
    [extremely graphic picture of dead children]
    Hope you sleep well. With the lack of empathy the majority of you show i guess that won't be a problem. BB

Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter3000 View Post
    I mean honestly their views aren't illogical but they're just not being honest. It makes perfect sense that someone wants to keep the advantages they have in life. It just makes you a selfish prick and racist.
    Sure, in England that kinda behaviour is called being a Tory.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wasn't defending Trump, he handled things miserably. Just pointing out some rather relevant differences between the EVD outbreak(s) and the current pandemic.
    Didn’t say you were... I’m just stating the difference...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

31,110 new cases, a little under 3k less than last Sunday.

California: 3,076 new cases; 22 deaths
    Fuck Florida.
    Texas: 2,268 new cases; 81 deaths
    Tennessee: 1,764 new cases; 3 deaths
    Missouri: 1,702 new cases; 32 deaths (new record)
    Georgia: 1,651 new cases; 60 deaths
    Illinois: 1,403 new cases; 5 deaths
    Louisiana: 1,395 new cases; 58 deaths
    Virginia: 1,199 new cases; 1 death

It's an underreport day and I'm having a bad pain day from the physical therapy so I'm not going to waste much time on analysis. The numbers make the situation look better than they really are largely due to them coming down for places like California and Texas--which were getting double the amount in weeks previous. As time goes on I expect the curve will start heading upwards again with the aggravating factors we already hear too much about.

Deaths were up from the previous week by a little over 50, at 433. The total now stands at 193,250 I do expect that to drop overall in the coming week or so to mirror the drop in cases over the course of the past month but we're still on pace to pass 200k within 7-10 days. 200k that the GOP have decided is okay to handwave away and commend Trump for a "job well done". And it's only going to get worse in this TRUMP SHITSHOW.

Stay safe, folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    You mean, in the Trump transition when he fired everyone and replaced 1/3rd of them with empty seats?
    Well, I mean the actual federal workforce, especially in the cyber-security sectors. Not the appointed positions.

I'll just leave this here...

https://english.alaraby.co.uk/englis...t0KgyT3Glow9_k

The niece of slain terrorist Osama bin Laden has thrown her weight behind US President Donald Trump in the run up to the November elections.
    This is just... oh so yummy. The trifecta is complete. The US has abandoned its long time allies in favour of courting favors with Russia, North Korea and Al Quaida. This is so delicious. As far as plot twists go... touché, history. This is a good one. I did not see this coming for 2020 at all.

Enjoy your discussion of a traitor running the US.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post

This is just... oh so yummy. The trifecta is complete. The US has abandoned its long time allies in favour of courting favors with Russia, North Korea and Al Quaida. This is so delicious. As far as plot twists go... touché, history. This is a good one. I did not see this coming for 2020 at all.

Next up: Emperor Palpatine endorses Trump because they both love law and order.

she lives in switzerland and is massively into Qanon and anti vax lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    The fucking gull to warn of another 9/11, by a Bin Laden relative if Trump is not elected, is precious...

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    I mean, I'm not saying she's a radical Islamist. But her name still should disqualify her from commenting on US politics, if only out of respect for the victims her uncle caused.

- - - Updated - - -

The fucking gull to warn of another 9/11, by a Bin Laden relative if Trump is not elected, is precious...
    Meanwhile on reddit they are defending her. She can't be blamed for her uncle, etc. etc.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

10+ Year Old Account
    Meanwhile on reddit they are defending her. She can't be blamed for her uncle, etc. etc.
    They are correct... the problem is optics and self awareness. She could literally have said... ‘talk to my uncle about what happens if Trump isn’t elected’...

10+ Year Old Account
    Once again...sure. Why not.

Circle that, bookmark that, and be ready to bring it back up the second Hunter Biden's name is brought up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Sorry, weird tangential metaphor based on the stupid WAP outrage.
    Anna Chapman, one of the Russian spies that was traded for Skripal in 2010, is also a huge Trump advocate. She is also a model and social media influencer... I like to show what happens to Russian spies caught in US.

10+ Year Old Account
    McConnell finally crawls out to work on a Senate GOP relief bill, which will be $500-$700 billion and pretty much only have what he wants.

It has zero chance of passing the House. This is purely posturing. The idea still seems to be "we dare you Democrats to vote against this" to which the obvious reponse will be "of course we'll vote against this, it doesn't help the average American, we'll be proud to vote against this, we'll campaign on voting against this".

Just to remind everyone on the timeline:
    1) Democrats wrote up something that's like $3 trillion or more.
    2) McConnell said he wanted a much lower price tag, but still over $1 trillion.
    3) Then McConnell gave up, and said "talk to the White House, if they don't agree there's no point" and just sat out for months. Plural. Months.
    4) Pelosi went to the WH with a "meet in the middle" price tag of $2 trillion and change. Trump responded with even less than McConnell's offer. That's not negotiating. That's actively discouraging negotatiion.
    5) Trump then tried to act like the hero with executive orders, including unemployment boosts, which most states didn't take because they couldn't afford to. So that failed.
    6) And now, McConnell is trying a bill even lower than Trump's insultingly low counteroffer.

Every single step the Party of Trump took was to say "we are trying to use less and less money" but this 100% translates into "and therefore we are trying to provide less and less help to Americans". Remember that job "growth" Trump bragged about for three months? CARES was in full force. That's all gone now. No relief, the job "growth" (rebranded recovery) slows or possibly stops -- don't forget, 1.4 million jobs was balanced by 800k+ new claims -- as the school year continues to create new cases.

Trump is in charge, and the fact remains, that any mark on his record becomes his responsibility. "I tried, but the Demorats --" is not a valid excuse to make when there's proof you're not trying in full view.

Leaders make results. Losers make excuses.

They are correct... the problem is optics and self awareness. She could literally have said... ‘talk to my uncle about what happens if Trump isn’t elected’...
    No, she should could literally have shut the fuck up. If it wasn't for her uncle killing 3k people in those twin towers, nobody on the planet would know who she is or care even remotely what her crazy ass opinion is. It's a very dubious move to not only use the infamous reputation her family got to get attention for herself but also lean into it and go "oh and if you don't, 9/11 may make a comeback!"

I mean, that's beyond indefensible...

10+ Year Old Account
    Just going to throw this out there.

1) W allowed 9/11
    2) Obama killed bin Laden.
    3) The niece's opinion is not just contrary to existing evidence,, but also irrelevant.