Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    He already sacrificed 100k to the economy, what’s another 100k?
    From April:

President Donald Trump said Friday that the projected number of deaths related to the coronavirus will be “substantially under” early estimates that indicated 100,000 people in the U.S. could die from COVID-19

“The minimum number was 100,000 lives and I think we’ll be substantially under that number,” Trump said during a White House press conference. “Hard to believe that if you had 60,000, you can never be happy, but that’s a lot fewer than we were originally told and thinking.”

Trump said early estimates indicated the U.S. could have 100,000 to 220,000 deaths from the coronavirus and up to 2.2 million if the U.S. didn’t take any action to control the pandemic. He said states like New York have recently reported declining hospital admissions and nationwide the number of new cases is flattening, “substantially suggesting we’re near the peak.” He added that hard-hit cities like Detroit and New Orleans appear to be stabilizing.

“We’ll see what it ends up being, but it looks like we’re headed to a number substantially below the 100,000 that would be the low mark, and I hope that bears out,” Trump said.
    Hope is not a strategy.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, I guess there is no more trying to deny it.

With our reliable and effective self-defensive nuclear deterrent, there will be no more war on this earth, and our country's safety and future will be secured forever
    Trump's move to disarm North Korea would have been the worst thing in history. North Korea has ended war with their nuclear weapons. If Trump had succeeded in disarming NK like he said he would, there would still be war.

How lucky we are that Trump is such a failure. Now the planet will have peace, and it's all thanks to North Korea and their nukes.

Okay, okay, all joking aside, North Korea is once again completely throwing Trump's failure in his face. They're rebuking Trump openly and flaunting it in public. And they're flat-out proclaiming "there's nothing you can do about it". And while Trump and China are getting further and further apart, this just means China would be more and more liley to defend NK against any US actions against NK's interests.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    first the rent collapses :

then the landlords get foreclosed.

Mass unemployment, mass homelessness, mass disease. ----> mass looting, mass squatting, mass death.

capitalism killing itself because the upper classes take all the cash and the workers cant afford to buy anything. You hate to see it.
    Good god, that's the freaking apocalypse.
    Hail Lilith and see you in Hell!

Trump thinks trendings should be illegal
    and is very offended and triggered by them
    https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...80895051907072
    And the whole "anti sjw" free speech crowd worships this man as a "free speech warrior"
    another clue they are really just fascist sympathizers

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    first the rent collapses :

then the landlords get foreclosed.

Mass unemployment, mass homelessness, mass disease. ----> mass looting, mass squatting, mass death.

capitalism killing itself because the upper classes take all the cash and the workers cant afford to buy anything. You hate to see it.
    Glad to see my plan to not live past 31 is still going strong. 5 more months.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    The people who have been laid off and who cannot find a job, because the jobs don't exist, will eventually run out of money, and die.
    Not to mention the "Essential Workers" who have to work getting sick and some of whom die. Or say "Fuck this shit" and end up like Breccia stated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    The people who have been laid off and who cannot find a job, because the jobs don't exist, will eventually run out of money, and die.
    Or will run out of money and kill people for it. Survival is an instinct. I say they start with the administration and then try the bankers.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Or will run out of money and kill people for it. Survival is an instinct. I say they start with the administration and then try the bankers.
    I think you'll find petty crime comes before jumping straight to murder. But sure, the first thing most people do when they run out of money is "kill someone".

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    I think you'll find petty crime comes before jumping straight to murder. But sure, the first thing most people do when they run out of money is "kill someone".

I'd like to say I was obviously exaggerating to make a point but then I remembered which forum this is so . . .sorry?
    But yeah a mass increase in homelessness is most likely to be tied with an increase in crime rates, mostly out of desperation. And those are some alarming numbers of possible evictions. Do you have any eviction protection laws in the US? Is it by state?

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    That’s why you mix it with football and patriotism... to make it less communist... here is an example... Workers rights and adequate compensation is a touchdown for America!
    Please...no. Our state just elected for the primary, a former football coach with zero political experience...

Hydroxychloroquine is back trending, and the reason is due to Russia and/or Breitbart. Sad part is they can't even spell it properly.

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    You know what gets me the most about shit like this? These people are willing to embrace any random quack who tells them what they want to hear...but when it comes to things that everyone in the field agrees on, like...I don't know... "vaccinate your children, idiots" they refuse to accept it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I'd like to say I was obviously exaggerating to make a point but then I remembered which forum this is so . . .sorry?
    But yeah a mass increase in homelessness is most likely to be tied with an increase in crime rates, mostly out of desperation. And those are some alarming numbers of possible evictions. Do you have any eviction protection laws in the US? Is it by state?
    Nope not really. Not if is due to nonpayment of rent.

A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    You know what gets me the most about shit like this? These people are willing to embrace any random quack who tells them what they want to hear...but when it comes to things that everyone in the field agrees on, like...I don't know... "vaccinate your children, idiots" they refuse to accept it.
    Most people are happy to listen to whoever tells them what they want to hear. Plenty of people suddenly decided Bolton was credible when he started talking shit about Trump as well. Granted not everyone did, most people remained properly skeptical, but accepting information you agree with is a basic human response we have to guard against.

Usually this level of quackery is a pretty obvious tell, but then look at who we had as an acting AG before Barr. This level of insane quackery has been normalized by this administration.
    "We have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China. We have it under control. It’s going to be just fine." DJT- Jan 22, 2020
    "And again, when you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that’s a pretty good job we’ve done." DJT- Feb 26, 2020
    “It’s going to disappear. One day — it’s like a miracle — it will disappear.” DJT- Feb 27, 2020

Umm is this an Enquirer Headline? Even tho, of course The Enquirer is in the back pocket of Trump.

Oh wait....

A video featuring a group of doctors making false and dubious claims related to Covid-19 was removed by Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube after going viral
    US President Trump shared multiple versions of the video with his 84 million Twitter followers.

A video featuring a group of doctors making false and dubious claims related to the coronavirus was removed by Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube after going viral online Monday.

The video, published by the right-wing media outlet Breitbart News, featured a group of people wearing white lab coats calling themselves "America's Frontline Doctors" staging a press conference in front of the US Supreme Court in Washington, DC.
    President Trump shared multiple versions of the video with his 84 million Twitter followers Monday night despite the dubious claims running counter to his administration's own public health experts. Spokespersons for the White House did not immediately respond to requests for comment.
    Oh Geez! This guy is an effin loon. An old senile guy tweeting out the dumbest crap and he is our President.

Well, lets hope this President stays on focus about Covid and wearing masks

The president also shared a post from the Twitter account for a podcast hosted by Steve Bannon, a former top White House adviser to Trump, accusing Fauci of misleading the public over hydroxychloroquine.

I give up!
    “There is a cult of ignorance in the United States…. [It is] nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that ‘my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.’”

-Isaac Asimov

Looks like he went on a massive disinformation spree, tweeting all sorts of conspiracy videos. Twitter removed at least 6 of his posts, his feed is speckled with "This post is no longer available" notifications.

Poor Trump, I feel like someone told him he needs a miracle, so he turned to all the Quasi-religious quacks that promise miracles. And of course twitter removed them all because that sort of shit is going to get thousands of people killed. It is truly amazing that we are this far into a pandemic, and the President is still railing about conspiracy theories.
    "We have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China. We have it under control. It’s going to be just fine." DJT- Jan 22, 2020
    "And again, when you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that’s a pretty good job we’ve done." DJT- Feb 26, 2020
    “It’s going to disappear. One day — it’s like a miracle — it will disappear.” DJT- Feb 27, 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post

There's also the French revolution, there's a history of violence by the oppressed and impoverished especially in a society with a large and visible wealth gap.
    Also if i have to consider how one can use fire arms to defend themselves, if i am robbing a place and i hear something i fire before someone fires on me, because that appears to be common sense for your own survival in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    Looks like he went on a massive disinformation spree, tweeting all sorts of conspiracy videos. Twitter removed at least 6 of his posts, his feed is speckled with "This post is no longer available" notifications.

Poor Trump, I feel like someone told him he needs a miracle, so he turned to all the Quasi-religious quacks that promise miracles. And of course twitter removed them all because that sort of shit is going to get thousands of people killed. It is truly amazing that we are this far into a pandemic, and the President is still railing about conspiracy theories.
    Our President is just some crazy person who flings his own feces at his walls and rage tweets. Thank You America.
    “There is a cult of ignorance in the United States…. [It is] nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that ‘my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.’”

-Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post

Trump demanded that Obama be removed from office over Ebola. It was one of the leading issues in GOP taking over congress in 2014. Trump was leading the charge in demanding that Obama be punished for mishandling a virus that will kill everyone in America

When covid hit in January, two things happened for Trump. First, Kushner confirmed that the covid virus, was just democrats trying to sway the election, the same way Trump successfully did in 2014. You may have seen Trump call it a hoax, as a result. Second, Trump believes that Obama didn’t do anything and assumed that Ebola disappeared like magic, instead of the work done by health officials. Thus, his approach to combating the virus, was instead to say shit, with the assumption it will go away without effort... just like Ebola, SARS and MERSA...

You couple that with Trump both, believing he knows better than anyone else and being stubborn beyond any reason. That’s a perfect combination for the disaster we see... he fucked up, because he thought nothing was done about previous pandemics being contained and was convinced that democrats were using the same tact GOP used in 2014, to in effect steal an election based on a fabricated concern.

There is another factor that a lot of people seem to ignore, that forces Trump into this predicament. He is a real estate mogul, with majority of his property being in the hospitality industry. The industry that happens to be the one most impacted by lock downs and preventative measures of containing a pandemic. Things like hotels and golf courses, would be one of the most impacted financially, if we were to take action against the virus that would actually help people.

We elected a real estate mogul, than wonder why he is doing so much stupid shit, to keep his real estate business open. What did you think was going to happen?
    "Dave did everything he was supposed to do, but you did not. Shame on all of you, and may Karma find you all!"
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    Don’t click random links on forums.

Each time it goes deeper and more insane, each time and yet I am still surprised.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Trump demanded that Obama be removed from office over Ebola. It was one of the leading issues in GOP taking over congress in 2014. Trump was leading the charge in demanding that Obama be punished for mishandling a virus that will kill everyone in America

When covid hit in January, two things happened for Trump. First, Kushner confirmed that the covid virus, was just democrats trying to sway the election, the same way Trump successfully did in 2014. You may have seen Trump call it a hoax, as a result. Second, Trump believes that Obama didn’t do anything and assumed that Ebola disappeared like magic, instead of the work done by health officials. Thus, his approach to combating the virus, was instead to say shit, with the assumption it will go away without effort... just like Ebola, SARS and MERSA...

You couple that with Trump both, believing he knows better than anyone else and being stubborn beyond any reason. That’s a perfect combination for the disaster we see... he fucked up, because he thought nothing was done about previous pandemics being contained and was convinced that democrats were using the same tact GOP used in 2014, to in effect steal an election based on a fabricated concern.

There is another factor that a lot of people seem to ignore, that forces Trump into this predicament. He is a real estate mogul, with majority of his property being in the hospitality industry. The industry that happens to be the one most impacted by lock downs and preventative measures of containing a pandemic. Things like hotels and golf courses, would be one of the most impacted financially, if we were to take action against the virus that would actually help people.

We elected a real estate mogul, than wonder why he is doing so much stupid shit, to keep his real estate business open. What did you think was going to happen?
    The Ebola outbreak really doesn't get the attention it deserves in hindsight, because you are absolutely right about what happens. The GOP managed to do their revisionist history bullshit on it right in front of our eyes. The current impression of Ebola is either 1) It was no big deal; or 2) It went away on its own; or somehow 3) Obama horribly mishandled it, but was saved by 1 or 2.

I was actually secondarily involved in handling that outbreak when it happened. I was in the 101st at the time, and we were assigned mission command in West Africa for it. I didn't deploy for that one, but I was on the stateside logistics front for it. I can assure you the response was absolutely massive, and decisive. We deployed tens of thousands of military personnel to contain it where is started, enlisted and led a truly unified international effort against it, instead of some petty America-centric response. Countries like Russia and China were cooperating with us, because everyone understood the threat, and was working hard to contain it. We listen to the medical experts, engaged in proper diplomacy, acted proactively, and contained in almost entirely in the area of the initial outbreak.

A few people carried it to other countries, and those isolated cases were taken extremely seriously, and locked down instantly. A woman in Dallas sued the government for the extremely draconian lockdown procedures that were put on her when her boyfriend died of Ebola, and while she does have a point, it was necessary to stop the spread of the virus. Ebola was the perfect example of how the international community handles a potential pandemic early and effectively. It was marked by taking it seriously early, and stopping it before it spread too far. America was the centerpiece of that response for logistics and medical guidance, but it certainly didn't do it alone, that is what the "Leader of the Free World" title means. Compare to Covid, where the US harassed, interfered, endangered, and tripped up the responses of other nations, stole their resources, and mocked them when they failed.

Two Americans died of Ebola. Two. Because the government did its damn job.