Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    No, we should spend 300 million on telling people to not worry about a virus, instead of sending out masks and disinfectant that people need to worry less about the virus.
    Don't worry, he's totally not downplaying the virus.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Except those voters vote for people who are concerned with bullshit like public transportation, bicycle lanes, public housing, beautifying and maintaining unnecessary city parks (like central park, which should be paved over and made into the worlds largest parking lot so people who do go to and live in the city have somewhere to park. It could make money instead of cost money to maintain), etc... and people who dont live in the one big city doesnt give a shit about that kind of crap and doesnt have any need for it, and will never use it, yet things they do need never get any of the tax money that they pay in, and they are stuck driving on pothole ridden roads, or dirt roads, last roads to get plowed if they get plowed at all when it snows. There are never any police presence so everyone drives like maniacs knowing they will never get a ticket and so on
    Hi, I live in upstate NY.

I'm fine with NYC being the bellweather for NY politics, because it generates by far the most revenue for the state than anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by For_The_Horde View Post
    Should have gone with Randy Quaid instead, really sells the crazy better.

(I'm not kidding about the crazy btw)

https://twitter.com/RandyRRQuaid/sta...70565677563904
    He's probably blaming the Democrats for the anal probing the aliens in Independence Day gave him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    He's probably blaming the Democrats for the anal probing the aliens in Independence Day gave him.
    That movie about a virus wiping out an entire alien armada? Cool.......
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Not specifically Trump, but related to the state of people that are emboldened by him....

.... The batshit crazy people like DeAnna.
    Who the fuck is George Soros and why is the right so obsessed with him? I get that he's a Hungarian-born currency speculator but otherwise I have no idea why the right acts like he's some sort of puppet master.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Who the fuck is George Soros and why is the right so obsessed with him? I get that he's a Hungarian-born currency speculator but otherwise I have no idea why the right acts like he's some sort of puppet master.
    You are not using enough ((bracket))...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

10+ Year Old Account
    He's a rich (((globalist))), and therefore controls society from the shadows, if you catch the drift.

German WW2 sentiments never truly died out.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been told that he's a former Nazi that funds BLM and other "anti-American" groups. So he's the right's boogie man.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post

German WW2 sentiments never truly died out.
    It’s not just German... this is people who believe that black people are so inferior, that they need secret financial assistance to not be living in swamps like animals. Jews in their theory, happen to be the cunning, financially savvy group, that is propping up the black people, using them in an underground war against the righteous WASP.

These people are fucking lunatic scum...

Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    I've been told that he's a former Nazi that funds BLM and other "anti-American" groups. So he's the right's boogie man.
    He was also funding the caravan invasion from Mexico that were carrying plagues, were terrorists, rapist and gays too in 2018, thanks to Trump magic they disappeared just after the election.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    Because he's a rich jewish immigrant. It's everything a poor rural conspiracy nutter hates.
    https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/George_Soros
    Also an Anti-Semitic dog whistle.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    Also an Anti-Semitic dog whistle.
    It's really the anti-semitism that's behind it. There are a lot of people who fund activism on the left, and Soros rarely breaks the top 10. The fact that they only single out the jew says a lot.

Imo it's way too blatantly obvious to be a dog whistle, but yeah.
    That's the age of Trump, people are getting old and cannot hear the high notes from dog whistles so they need it spelled out in big letters.

"Border security" is sort of a dog-whistle.
    "They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.” is Trump.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because he's a rich jewish immigrant. It's everything a poor rural conspiracy nutter hates.
    https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/George_Soros
    Meanwhile the right has their own George Soros:

Charles and David Koch, two multi-billionaires who regularly donate to conservative causes, could buy and sell Soros' peasant ass two times over due to having a combined net worth of $90 billion.[4] Moreover, in 2001-2012, 92 out of 100 richest U.S. billionaires contributed to a political cause; they have combined wealth of $2200 fucking billion, and they mostly contributed to conservative causes[5]. Why all the fuss about Soros, not about them?
    I fucking hate the Kochs but I also don't think they're running round like some sort of crazy puppetmaster trying to control the world in some secret cabal. They're just shitty assholes, and Charles makes David look an angel.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    And now it begins and it isnt even October yet. 9 votes for Trump discarded (ironically none for Biden. This is just the beginning of why Trump says Mail in voting is a scam and should be banned unless you have a disability or something preventing you from going to the polls.

https://www.pennlive.com/news/2020/0...t-say-why.html
    Oh look seems that huge conspiracy the lesser educated is trying to start over these 9 envelopes just turned out to be errors by a new employee.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...officials.html

A temporary contractor in the battleground state of Pennsylvania mistakenly threw mail-in ballots for President Donald Trump in the trash, county officials revealed.

Gee everyone is shocked.... /s
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    Oh look seems that huge conspiracy the lesser educated is trying to start over these 9 envelopes just turned out to be errors by a new employee.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...officials.html

A temporary contractor in the battleground state of Pennsylvania mistakenly threw mail-in ballots for President Donald Trump in the trash, county officials revealed.

Gee everyone is shocked.... /s
    You know the funny part. With all of the things that have gone wrong this year with mail in voting attempts people still think it will work and be fine. After NY and NJ's debacles in their attempts people still think its a good idea at this point. I won't even get into the 100's of documented cases of mail in voting issues over the years (and that is without it being a thing in most states).

I will state the statistics.

1% of in person votes fail to be counted for whatever reason.
    2% of absentee votes fail to be counted for whatever reason. This is already a couple of million.
    In the 2 attempts at mail in voting in NY and NJ (both democrat run, in democrat districts) they had a failure rate of over 20%. This is from a city and a borrow, not even a whole state.

But don't actually research and read things like local news or papers, listen to the democrats and the big media that everything with it is perfect.

Funny that people are trying to accuse Trump of stealing the election before it happens when he is pushing for the same rules that apply every year and its the democrats trying to force a new way no matter how many times it proves unreliable. Even though the "Top Doctors" that the media likes say that in person can be safely just like anything else at this point with social distancing.

It is interesting that I heard that they said they expect 80+ million votes by mail and it to be a majority for Biden. It would be funny if that 20% failure continues and the 16 million votes that won't count cause Biden to lose.

I am all for mail in voting if it can be done securely and timely. But the facts seem to be that we don't have the time to make it work right this year.

This is the democrats blocking the second republican "relief bill" because it was only about providing funds. The Democrat bill had lovely pieces like making voter id laws in states illegal and removing signature verification for absentee ballots.... HUH What exactly did those have to do with extending the funds for people and business in this crisis? I have no idea, but like its been said, never let a good crisis go to waste.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by silveth View Post
    That's nice, can you source them? Because chances are you can't given aforementioned nonsense about "all the things that have gone wrong this year" with no citations, kek. Like hun, I live in Washington; we've been using mail in voting by default for 15 years now - we saw all this bullshit scaremongering before and it did not materialise.

As it turns out, the only people who were protesting it were the same Republicans who make it a point of policy to make it harder to vote. Funny that.
    Last edited by Elegiac; 2020-09-26 at 08:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by silveth View Post
    You know the funny part. With all of the things that have gone wrong this year with mail in voting attempts people still think it will work and be fine. After NY and NJ's debacles in their attempts people still think its a good idea at this point. I won't even get into the 100's of documented cases of mail in voting issues over the years (and that is without it being a thing in most states).

1% of in person votes fail to be counted for whatever reason.
    2% of absentee votes fail to be counted for whatever reason. This is already a couple of million.
    In the 2 attempts at mail in voting in NY and NJ (both democrat run, in democrat districts) they had a failure rate of over 20%. This is from a city and a borrow, not even a whole state.

But don't actually research and read things like local news or papers, listen to the democrats and the big media that everything with it is perfect.

Funny that people are trying to accuse Trump of stealing the election before it happens when he is pushing for the same rules that apply every year and its the democrats trying to force a new way no matter how many times it proves unreliable. Even though the "Top Doctors" that the media likes say that in person can be safely just like anything else at this point with social distancing.

It is interesting that I heard that they said they expect 80+ million votes by mail and it to be a majority for Biden. It would be funny if that 20% failure continues and the 16 million votes that won't count cause Biden to lose.

I am all for mail in voting if it can be done securely and timely. But the facts seem to be that we don't have the time to make it work right this year.

This is the democrats blocking the second republican "relief bill" because it was only about providing funds. The Democrat bill had lovely pieces like making voter id laws in states illegal and removing signature verification for absentee ballots.... HUH What exactly did those have to do with extending the funds for people and business in this crisis? I have no idea, but like its been said, never let a good crisis go to waste.
    You got links to those numbers and data and studies...and actual facts?
    Because everything else people have linked state they are WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY lower than that, i mean waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay lower
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    You got links to those numbers and data and studies...and actual facts?
    Because everything else people have linked state they are WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY lower than that, i mean waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay lower
    Notice how they're deliberately distorting the timeline of events too, too.

The bit about "Funny that people are trying to accuse Trump of stealing the election before it happens when he is pushing for the same rules that apply every year and its the democrats trying to force a new way no matter how many times it proves unreliable. Even though the "Top Doctors" that the media likes say that in person can be safely just like anything else at this point with social distancing" - ignoring the fact that this conflates things that happened months apart.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.