Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    He ran a gold selling company in WoW, then used the xenophobia of WoW players bitching about Chines gold sellers, as he counted the money... as his literal strategy to get Trump elected. Never forget!!! Fucking gold sellers...
    Didn't he say something like that's how he realized gamers are a particularly activate-able group?
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch-Angel of Riots View Post
    Until then, I honestly don't care about anything else much. Until then it can all burn down to the ground for all I care.
    Quote Originally Posted by Levelfive View Post
    Yeah, I think it's fair to conclude that "Fuck the poor" "Arch-angel of Riots" is just in it with the hope of inflicting maximum harm for maximum chaos, and since they've shown no particular attachment to any guiding moral, ideological, or political principle, it seems to be for the sake of maximum fun.

He ran a gold selling company in WoW
    Burn him at the stake.

On topic: those who follow the Federal Reserve note hints that the Fed will, yes, continue stimulating the economy, because the economy still needs it and that's their job.

More liquidity from the Fed could mean more gains for stock and bond prices and further erosion of the dollar.

The Fed has tapered off its quantitative easing bond-buying program and additions to its balance sheet in recent months as credit markets have smoothed and the S&P 500 has risen back to record highs.

But worries about a languishing economy, a lack of action from Congress and rising long-dated bond yields could spur action.

"Noting the increase in uncertainty about the economic outlook over the intermeeting period, several participants suggested that additional accommodation could be required," the minutes noted.

The Fed's staff also warned "that a more pessimistic projection was no less plausible than the baseline forecast."

Analysts at TD Securities said they "continue to expect the Fed to ease in September."

"The Fed's failure to pre-commit left markets disappointed today, but we don't think easing has been ruled out."

"We believe that forward guidance will be strengthened and QE purchases will occur in the long end."
    I have zero problems with a federal program doing their job and helping when required. That's kind of the point. But it does rather punch a massively obese hole in Trump's "the economy is bigly" argument, if the Fed is continuing to bail out the stock market in late August or September.

Didn't he say something like that's how he realized gamers are a particularly activate-able group?
    Young, angry, white men... to be specific... but, yes... Basically, he saw an environment in which social norms about xenophobia were broken. His strategy was to recreate barrens chat, as US politics. Check Trump’s twitter or QAnon popularity and tell me it didn’t work...
    As above, so below.
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    That which is Below corresponds to that which is Above, and that which is Above corresponds to that which is Below, to accomplish the miracle of the One Thing.

I mean, a lot of gamers have depression, unhappy (sexless) lifes, and hidden anger at the world?
    That's a hell of a concoction.

- - - Updated - - -

Young, angry, white men... to be specific... but, yes... Basically, he saw an environment in which social norms about xenophobia were broken. His strategy was to recreate barrens chat, as US politics. Check Trump’s twitter or QAnon popularity and tell me it didn’t work...
    I'd love to see anal theory, blessed blade of the windseeker in the Qanon circles, tbh
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    I'd love to see anal theory, blessed blade of the windseeker in the Qanon circles, tbh
    Dude. Same.
    Until then, I honestly don't care about anything else much. Until then it can all burn down to the ground for all I care.
    Yeah, I think it's fair to conclude that "Fuck the poor" "Arch-angel of Riots" is just in it with the hope of inflicting maximum harm for maximum chaos, and since they've shown no particular attachment to any guiding moral, ideological, or political principle, it seems to be for the sake of maximum fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    We have more information about the Trump subpoena thing.

Basically, the case isn't over, but Trump's claims of absolute immunity have been absolutely rejected. It also needs to be said NYState is going after pre-President Trump anyhow. Trump is going to have to find a way to block the subpoena on the merits of the case. Considering his history, the crimes he's accused of, and the testimony of an informed expert witness, I don't think that's going to be easy.
    Wait, so Trump's lawyers are going to appeal the rejection of their appeal?
    Interested in joining Star Citizen? https://robertsspaceindustries.com/e...STAR-4NBQ-QV6X Get $5 of in game credits when enlisting with that link!

And if you want to make a complaint about my sig, then too bad. You'll likely be on my ignore list with the 2 other idiots anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by masterhorus8 View Post
    Wait, so Trump's lawyers are going to appeal the rejection of their appeal?
    You can't be surprised. They need to stall this as long as they can. It's late August. It's no longer realistic to just deal with the fallout of Trump committing fraud and hoping to change the narrative afterwards. Therefore, their only hope is to take then-candidate Trump's felonies, which again we have a willing expert witness about, and push off their discovery until after the election.

I'm no law expert, note ven close, but I suspect the idea is to push this all the way to the Trump-stacked SCOTUS where judges Trump picked agree that Trump does, in fact, have absolute immunity. Anyone watching SCOTUS for the last month or so know that's a long shot, but each delay is a gift to them. The very real risk here is that NYState prosecutors just happen to find objective evidence that Trump is a serial felon, right around the time Trump extorts information from Ukraine suggesting Hunter Biden might have jaywalked or something, neutering Trump's offensive without simply saying "Um, you put your children in the White House after they failed security checks, you don't get to claim other people give their kids favoritism".

On the Bannon thing...

MAN TRUMP SURE DOES SEEM TO SURROUND HIMSELF WITH A BUNCH OF FOLKS THAT GET IN TROUBLE FOR BEING CRIMINALS AT SOME POINT, THAT'S REALLY FUCKING WEIRD AND I DON'T KNOW WHY

I will share this one amusing bit of information though - https://twitter.com/margbrennan/stat...45655699918857

From CBS' Pat Milton: Steve Bannon was taken into custody today by US Postal Service agents. He's expected to be arraigned today before a US magistrate. @SDNYnews alleges he had a role in defrauding donors as part of an online crowdfunding campaign known as “We Build the Wall"
    USPS saves the day. Again.

He ran a gold selling company in WoW, then used the xenophobia of WoW players bitching about Chines gold sellers, as he counted the money... as his literal strategy to get Trump elected. Never forget!!! Fucking gold sellers...
    Yes! Yes! Yes! I remember posting a article when Bannon became popular. We actually tied MMO-C and politics together!

As you stated below there was a nefarious ( Neferian anyone?) behind him seeing what Wow player are and how focused they can become. Most definitely there was a certain demographic. Sorry Trumpkins it's true.

Then let's also point out the 'at-globalist' Steve Bannon using Chinese labor to farm the gold.

Have I ever mentioned you have been conned Trumpkins?
    “There is a cult of ignorance in the United States…. [It is] nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that ‘my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.’”

-Isaac Asimov

Here's Trump describing Steve Bannon as something akin to a coffee boy

I vaguely recall something about this wall nonsense where they claimed Trump gave his blessing.

In a turn of events that surprises nobody, Trump has already been asked about Bannon's arrest. Trump said he feels badly for the guy -- probably because Bannon likes him so much, just like Trump's support for QAnon -- but knows nothing about the project.

For no reason at all, I will now cite this July 12 article.

President Donald Trump complained via Twitter on Sunday that a privately constructed border wall in Texas was a bad idea and poorly done — not mentioning that his administration has awarded the builder a $1.7 billion contract to build more walls.

With the backing of Trump supporters, Tommy Fisher built a 3-mile border fence along the Rio Grande, calling it the “Lamborghini” of fences. But just months after completion of his showcase piece directly on the banks of the river, there are signs of erosion along and under the fence that threatens its stability and could cause it to topple into the river if not fixed, experts told ProPublica and The Texas Tribune.

I disagreed with doing this very small (tiny) section of wall, in a tricky area, by a private group which raised money by ads. It was only done to make me look bad, and perhsps it now doesn’t even work. Should have been built like rest of Wall, 500 plus miles,” Trump tweeted with a typo in reaction to the news organizations’ report about the wall.

Trump’s tweet, however, is belied by actions his administration has taken to support the wall’s builder.

The administration gave Fisher the billion-dollar contract in May to build additional stretches of the wall in Arizona, despite a lawsuit around the South Texas project and an ongoing audit by the Pentagon’s inspector general of a previous border wall contract that is looking into possible “inappropriate influence.”

On Sunday, the congressman who called for the audit responded to the president’s tweet.

"The President isn’t telling the truth again. The Administration has awarded huge contracts to the same company, which is under Federal investigation, that built this fence,” Rep. Bennie Thompson, D-Miss., wrote in an email. “His Administration has also entertained outsourcing to private firms to get more mileage done before the election at the expense of proper oversight. There is no reason for construction to continue during a pandemic."

The Army Corps of Engineers has said Fisher won the federal contract to build a segment of the border fence in Arizona because it was the lowest bid.

U.S. Attorney Ryan Patrick of the Southern District of Texas called the private wall a “vanity project’ and a “scam.”

His office sued Fisher Sand and Gravel, its subsidiaries, and We Build the Wall on behalf of the International Boundary and Water Commission, to stop it from building the fence until it submitted a detailed engineering study to determine its impact on the flow of the Rio Grande and nearby properties. The commission is a binational body that regulates development in the floodplain between the U.S. and Mexico to ensure boundary treaties aren’t violated.
    Wait a minute, that can't be right! Trump said he didn't know anything about the project, but he spoke up about it -- negatively in fact -- July 12.

Well Trump supporters, you have 24 hours to explain this gap. Did Trump know about the project, as he said July 12, or not, as he said today? Did he forget about it, part of his biggest campaign promise -- the ones people cosplayed as -- in a month and change? Please explain how Trump can say he knew about the project enough to disagree with it (and cite their revenue source) July 12, but now knows nothing about it. Pehaps if you make an honest attempt at this, I might even deem you a genuine enough poster to answer one of your challenges, even retroactively. If not, once again, I get to answer for you, and you admit your cowardice by refusing to answer.

That's the best you're going to get. Maybe this would be easier if you hadn't packed an objectively lying loser.

United-Ninja'd!

Welp: https://www.nationalreview.com/news/...trumps-pardon/

"The Susan B. Anthony Museum and House has rejected President Donald Trump’s pardon, arguing that the move would go against the late women’s suffrage leader’s wishes.

“On news of a presidential pardon for Susan B. Anthony on August 18, 2020: Objection! Mr. President, Susan B. Anthony must decline your offer of a pardon today!” the museum tweeted.

Trump pardoned Anthony, who was arrested and charged in 1872 for voting illegally as a woman, on Tuesday, the 100th anniversary of the 19th Amendment, which granted women the right to vote.

The museum said Anthony thought her trial was “the greatest outrage History ever witnessed” as she was not allowed to speak in her own defense, because she was a woman, and also because the judge dismissed the jury in her case before pronouncing her guilty and ordering her to pay a fine.

The museum tweeted, “She was outraged to be denied a trial by jury. She proclaimed, ‘I shall never pay a dollar of your unjust penalty.’”

“To pay would have been to validate the proceedings. To pardon Susan B. Anthony does the same,” it continued.

Some elected officials and historians echoed the museum’s criticisms and have called on Trump to rescind his pardon.

New York Lt. governor Kathy Hochul, a Democrat, said Anthony was “guilty of nothing” during a press conference outside the museum on Tuesday.

“I was deeply troubled to learn that Trump went ahead and treated her like a criminal,” Hochul said. “She was proud of her arrest to draw attention to the cause for women’s rights, and never paid her fine. Let her Rest in Peace.”

The Democratic mayor of Rochester, where the museum is based, also said that the pardon would go against Anthony’s wishes and called on Trump to take back his action.

The museum proposed instead, ““if one wants to honor Susan B. Anthony today, a clear stance against any form of voter suppression would be welcome.”

“Support for the Equal Rights Amendment would be well received,” it continued. “Advocacy for human rights for all would be splendid.”

“Anthony was also a strong proponent of sex education, fair labor practices, excellent public education, equal pay for equal work, and elimination of all forms of discrimination,” the museum said."

Looks like I was wrong, dead people can still refuse pardons. Not winning.
    /s

"The Susan B. Anthony Museum and House has rejected President Donald Trump’s pardon, arguing that the move would go against the late women’s suffrage leader’s wishes."
    That's basically what everyone predicted, except in far more detail with context and evidence.

At least she can speak in her own defense now -- and against a serial adulterer has both called women too ugly to be elected, and "nasty", when he can't counter their arguments.

I'll buy that for a dollar!

- - - Updated - - -

Well, I owe the morbidly obese failure of a dictator an apology. I assumed he was still a fan of Bannon. As he's said today, and in events prior, that's just not the truth. Trump apparently fired Bannon after a few months, and didn't care for what Bannon said about him in those books he tried to stop.

This does not absolve Trump supporters from the 24-hour challenge, of course, because Trump still did say he knew nothing about it when he spoke specifically about it last month. But, if presented with objective information that contradicts my assumptions, I have no choice but to admit I was wrong. Anything less would be hypocrisy.

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    -snip-
    I just had a thought.......do you think they found Stephen Miller in WoW? He fits the demographics perfectly, and he came from literally nowhere in terms of political insider-ness. Jesus, my mind just exploded.

"The Susan B. Anthony Museum and House has rejected President Donald Trump’s pardon, arguing that the move would go against the late women’s suffrage leader’s wishes.

“On news of a presidential pardon for Susan B. Anthony on August 18, 2020: Objection! Mr. President, Susan B. Anthony must decline your offer of a pardon today!” the museum tweeted.

Trump pardoned Anthony, who was arrested and charged in 1872 for voting illegally as a woman, on Tuesday, the 100th anniversary of the 19th Amendment, which granted women the right to vote.

The museum said Anthony thought her trial was “the greatest outrage History ever witnessed” as she was not allowed to speak in her own defense, because she was a woman, and also because the judge dismissed the jury in her case before pronouncing her guilty and ordering her to pay a fine.

The museum tweeted, “She was outraged to be denied a trial by jury. She proclaimed, ‘I shall never pay a dollar of your unjust penalty.’”

“To pay would have been to validate the proceedings. To pardon Susan B. Anthony does the same,” it continued.

Some elected officials and historians echoed the museum’s criticisms and have called on Trump to rescind his pardon.

New York Lt. governor Kathy Hochul, a Democrat, said Anthony was “guilty of nothing” during a press conference outside the museum on Tuesday.

“I was deeply troubled to learn that Trump went ahead and treated her like a criminal,” Hochul said. “She was proud of her arrest to draw attention to the cause for women’s rights, and never paid her fine. Let her Rest in Peace.”

The Democratic mayor of Rochester, where the museum is based, also said that the pardon would go against Anthony’s wishes and called on Trump to take back his action.

The museum proposed instead, ““if one wants to honor Susan B. Anthony today, a clear stance against any form of voter suppression would be welcome.”

“Support for the Equal Rights Amendment would be well received,” it continued. “Advocacy for human rights for all would be splendid.”

“Anthony was also a strong proponent of sex education, fair labor practices, excellent public education, equal pay for equal work, and elimination of all forms of discrimination,” the museum said."
    Haha! Denied.
    “There is a cult of ignorance in the United States…. [It is] nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that ‘my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.’”

-Isaac Asimov

So Trump could be in yet another tough decision of his own making.

By all credible accounts, Trump is going to try to force the UN to end the Iran Nuclear Deal, despite having left it and losing any legitimate claim to make. Pompeo is on record saying there would be new evidence revealed at that time.

Thing is, Trump doesn't believe his own US Intelligence, as proven by his inaction on Russian bounties paid to the Taliban for killing Americans -- and Trump has made serious attempts to work with both groups, one led by a dictator for life, the other terrorists.

Now it is possible Trump/Pompeo will use these bounties as evidence against Iran. But doing so would force him to admit they happened, and therefore not just admit he worked with Russia and the Taliban who were plotting with each other to murder Americans, but also by today's statement, force him to retaliate against Russia who is helping him in the election -- unless they have a reason to change their minds.

Or, Trump could ignore this evidence and continue to work with Putin For Life and the terrorists of the Taliban, trying to fulfill other campaign promises, but that means he'd need something else about Iran would be presented as evidence instead...and, yes, it'd reek of Colin Powell's yellowcake.

- - - Updated - - -

Cuomo signs legislation allowing every New York voter to use an absentee ballot this election.

Absentee. Not mail-in.

Jordan fades back! Swish! And that's the game!

Damn. /10

We all know Rule 34 is that if it exists, then there's porn of it.

Well, I believe there should be a Rule 45, which is if Trump is bitching/crying about something, then there's a tweet of his defending that same act or if he's defending something then there's a tweet of his bitching/crying about it.

https://twitter.com/pbump/status/129...567083522?s=20

Philip Bump
    @pbump
    ·
    33m
    Reviewing old Trump comments for something I'm writing and came across this, from April 26, 2016:

"In business, they put you in jail for collusion. In politics, you're allowed to get away with it."
    When I despair, I remember that all through history, there have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they seem invincible.
    But in the end, they always fall. Always.- Mahatma Gandhi

It's always funny to see hypocrites trip over themselves, as @Bodakane says.

Which is why I'm adding on.

This GOP-ED is titled "fact-shaming Obama" or something and includes this paragraph:

“When my husband left office with Joe Biden at his side, we had a record-breaking stretch of job creation.” Obama-Biden did add jobs, 8.9 million by the end of December, 2016. But The Balance ranked that ninth among job-creating presidents. Even Richard Nixon and Jimmy Carter, with only one term, added more jobs than Obama-Biden. Needless to say, “We’re number nine!” doesn’t sound like the best campaign slogan.
    Well, that's interesting.

*cracks knuckles*

How many has Trump created?

The source the OP ED cites mysteriously ends 2019, claiming Trump creaated 4.7 million jobs. They give the tax cut for the rich credit, by the way.

But the article was written in June. As in, June 2020. Which means they ignored the damage done so far when mentioning Trump's numbers.

"Oh but surely the OP ED is claiming the jobs lost from the lethal outbreak don't count!"

Interesting theory. Here's why it's wrong. They started Obama's count at the start of his tenure. While W's recession was ongoing. Jan 2009 saw hundreds of thousands of jobs lost, and Obama hadn't even been sworn in until the 20th. If we were to, say, start at peak unemployment -- Oct 2009 -- until the end of his tenure, Obama would have created 15.5 million jobs. That'd be third, behind Clinton and Reagan, in that order. Third out of 45 is impressive. Incidentally, Clinton was third-highest percentagewise, so yeah, he did a great job. OP ED didn't mention that, but their source did.

Which means, if the OP ED author wants to be genuine, they either have to admit Obama did better than they claimed...or, admit Trump has now lost 6 million jobs.

And for added fun, since the source they quoted was from June not July, it would not have July's job report -- and Trump would have lost 7.7 mllion jobs.

Sorry. I don't make the rules. But I do insist that they're enforced. If Obama created 8.9 million jobs, Trump lost 7.7 million. By contrast, if Trump created 4.7 million jobs, Obama created 15.5 million, and not only was Trump on pace to fail his 25 million job promise, but also, to fall behind Obama. Again.

There is no objective metric by which Trump is doing better than Obama in job creation. The only way he comes close, is if you change the rules. And y'all know how I feel about changing the rules just because you're losing.

- - - Updated - - -

Ladies and gentlemen, is has arrived.

The DOJ is asking SCOTUS to allow Trump to block people on Twitter.

Yep. That's what it's come to.

This relates to what I shall forever call the Chrissy Teigen case, because a lower court already said "No, Trump can't call his Twitter account both the official mouthpiece of the Executive Branch yet also block people from it, that's the First Amendment".

"Wasn't that years ago?"

Yes. The DOJ, acting as Trump's personal lawyer, are claiming this is necessary to stop harassment.

"Didn't Trump personally and directly call for a boycott of Goodyear on Twitter for political differences?"

Don’t buy GOODYEAR TIRES - They announced a BAN ON MAGA HATS. Get better tires for far less! (This is what the Radical Left Democrats do. Two can play the same game, and we have to start playing it now!).
    "Didn't Goodyear also ban all Democrat attire?"

Horrible pun, but yes, yes they did. Trump didn't mention that part, of course.

"And that somehow doesn't count as harassment?"

Evidently not, to Trump supporters.

"If Trump is allowed to block people like any other Twitter account, wouldn't that mean Twitter could rule violations like any other account, including taking him down for hate speech?"

I suppose they could, yes.