Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://thefederalist.com/2020/09/30...acy-at-debate/

Fact Check: Transcript Shows Trump Did Not ‘Refuse’ To ‘Denounce’ Or ‘Condemn’ White Supremacy At Debate - The Federalist

Man, they're fuckin desperate. Trump refused to say the words in any way, shape or form, and a "sure" is what you say when you kid asks for an extra cookie for the 20th time and you just want him to shut the fuck up.

Man, conservative media are desperately trying to find any way to defend Trump's open embrace of white supremacy on national TV last night.

Notice the red text, which contradicts them because Trump is "prepared" to do it, but didn't actually do it.
    The Federalist is basically Das Reich. So it's no surprise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man, they're fuckin desperate.
    Indeed. I'm "prepared" to kill a bear with a pocketknife, but I'm about as likely to actually do it as Trump is to honestly condemn white supremacists.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://thefederalist.com/2020/09/30...acy-at-debate/

Fact Check: Transcript Shows Trump Did Not ‘Refuse’ To ‘Denounce’ Or ‘Condemn’ White Supremacy At Debate - The Federalist

Man, they're fuckin desperate. Trump refused to say the words in any way, shape or form, and a "sure" is what you say when you kid asks for an extra cookie for the 20th time and you just want him to shut the fuck up.

Man, conservative media are desperately trying to find any way to defend Trump's open embrace of white supremacy on national TV last night.

Notice the red text, which contradicts them because Trump is "prepared" to do it, but didn't actually do it.

I swear to god, the transcript basically reads like this Friends meme iteration; https://i.redd.it/ktg7l9yeoaq51.png

Linking rather than embedding because it's still a meme image, even if super relevant.

Edit: link fixed

Sad thing, I linked the footage to one of the only black Trump supporters I have ever known (And also ignores everything she doesn't like too).

She responded that the Proud Boys weren't white supremacists and 40% of them weren't even white.

Rather than try and go into it on that, I pointed out that if she was correct, then they should be even more pissed than anyone else. Because when asked about white supremacists and they came up, he did not rebuke that. Instead he used them by name to not condemn white supremacists.

So, if they weren't, that would mean that Trump had no clue who they were and thought they were white supremacists and gave them a pass anyways or he did and kept it to himself and used them to deflect from white supremacists to keep from condemning them. So even if what she claimed was true, that still wouldn't make Trumps response any better.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    So what else happened today?

1) Six former Trump officials filed a whistleblower complaint, alleging they were fired for being Deep State.

2) US troops are being hit by rocket attacks in Iraq.

3) Pascale is stepping away from the Trump campaign, probably due to the stress of fixing what Trump did to his chances last night (hint: it's what I did to Graham's wife last night)

4) Moderna says its vaccine won't be ready this year. This is bad news of course, but it also directly refutes yet another Trump debate/campaign claim.

5) I already posted Biden rose a record-breaking $3.8 million in one hour of the debates. It was $10 million in three hours. I'm sure Trump got some money too, this is the best kind of advertising after all (displaying the product and explaining why you should get it), but I can't seem to find the totals.

6) This Trump campaign email bragged about how he was done debating Biden and he did super great. It was dated 6:30, a full Avengers' movie length before the debate began.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I wonder what the limit is as to when you can no longer call this kind of talk a joke.
    Dude at his age with his health is lucky if he'll make it another ten, let alone sixteen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump campaign posts FB ads that say immigrants raise the risk of COVID-19.

FB took them down for violating policy on fake news.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's been officially decided that those 9 ballots thrown away was a mistake and not fraud.

The end.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    It's been officially decided that those 9 ballots thrown away was a mistake and not fraud.

The end.
    File that under 'No shit, Sherlock'.

Not that the Trumphadi cult will believe it.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

The end.
    Hey @Orlong, remember when u were whining about that yesterday?
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    Hey @Orlong, remember when u were whining about that yesterday?
    The odds of him admitting he was wrong seem fairly low.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    The odds of him admitting he was wrong seem fairly low.
    Something something deep state is probably what's next, until some trouser stain from Youtube tells otherwise.
    Last edited by Santti; 2020-10-01 at 07:58 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Its not about a peaceful transfer of power. Of course it would be peaceful. But Trump isnt going to say so because that means he is expecting to lose. He wont lose so there will be no transfer of power to be done peacefully. He didnt mean it would be violent. But hes not going to let the headlines say when Trump loses he will gracefully walk away.
    He said exactly what he meant. He went on about how he was treated when he won the previous election and how it was not a peaceful transfer. How he was being attacked for a fraudulent victory for months, and investigated for his entire term. He plans on doing the same thing. If he loses, he will not let it go. He will obviously leave the white house as expected, but he will not let go of the results.

- - - Updated - - -

4)Moderna says its vaccine won't be ready this year[/url]. This is bad news of course, but it also directly refutes yet another Trump debate/campaign claim.
    As someone with inside information on how the vaccine testing is progressing, I laughed my ass off anytime he said there would be one soon. We will not see one until middle of next year. The only way it will be sooner, is if the FDA relaxes protocol enough to accept a poorly tested product. And if that does happen, I'll wait and see how the fools react to the injection first before I even think about getting it.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Trump requires food aid boxes to come with a letter from him - via ⁦@hbottemiller⁩ https://t.co/6MwQTXUIIe
    https://twitter.com/KateBennett_DC/s...929947136?s=19

Such a conman piece of crap. Takes credit for something he has no credit, which is standard.

Also the irony is he wants to take food away from people in need.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Frankly, anything short of;
    1> Abject and heartfelt apology for misspeaking during the debate,
    2> Absolute condemnation of the Proud Boys specifically and all other white supremacists in general as cowardly, pathetic, weak people who deserve nothing but scorn and condemnation until and unless they give up those views, and
    3> A promise to strongly prosecute white supremacist violence and give up his horseshit scapegoating of left-wingers,

is not enough. That's the bottom of the barrel, the bare minimum anyone should expect. If Trump won't pull himself up to that level, we can be comfortable describing him as a white supremacist himself, and one who is encouraging and promoting lawless violence against his political opponents.

He's never gonna do it. But that's because Trump is a chickenshit, weak-ass white supremacist. That's why he's promising to fight his loss in the election; because he's too weak to admit he might legitimately fail. Everything about Trump speaks of weakness and impotence, and a desperate desire for everyone else to see him otherwise. It's all the desperate flailings of a weak man who does not understand what actual strength even is.
    As silly as it is, I like paraphrasing Xuen on this topic (though I shouldn’t feel too bad seeing as how this is a WoW forum). Strength and power are not the same thing. Strength is about knowing where and when to use power, and knowing when to not. Anyone can have power, far fewer have real strength. Trump and people like him think that power and strength are the same thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Takes credit for something he has no credit, which is standard.
    Yeah, he also insisted on signing the relief checks that he now fights a second round of.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post
    As silly as it is, I like paraphrasing Xuen on this topic (though I shouldn’t feel too bad seeing as how this is a WoW forum). Strength and power are not the same thing. Strength is about knowing where and when to use power, and knowing when to not. Anyone can have power, far fewer have real strength. Trump and people like him think that power and strength are the same thing.
    Agreed, but psychologically it goes a bit deeper. Trump, and much of his base, fundamentally cannot fathom the concept of moral strength. The idea of having power and wielding it with empathy and restraint is totally alien to their world view, to the point where they literally cannot comprehend anyone doing it. They believe that everyone is out to wield power as cynically and self serving as they do.

To them, Trump is refreshingly honest, because he wields his power aggressively and for his own benefit, and he does so blatantly and in the open. He acts exactly as they would in that position, and doesn't hide it behind even pretending to have empathy. Since they assume everyone actually behaves that way, they trust the guy that is open about it. There is about a 100% overlap between Trump supporters and people that thing we should "Turn Iran/Afghanistan/Syria/France into a sheet of glass!" over any disagreement we have with them. People that think carpet bombing towns and cities is acceptable, because we have the power to do so, and they deserve it by virtue of disagreeing with someone that wields that power.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post
    Philistines!!! I guess posting a spoiler image wouldn’t be a good idea... so... tell me about the rabbits, Lennie...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    According to a new poll, 75% of people worry that politics is rushing a vaccine and worry about its safety if approved too quickly.

While a majority of people said they'd get the vaccine anyhow, it's under 60%.

Simply put, Trump's big showy push of promising a vaccine soon, that nobody else wants to back up, isn't working.

10+ Year Old Account
    According to a new poll, 75% of people worry that politics is rushing a vaccine and worry about its safety if approved too quickly.

While a majority of people said they'd get the vaccine anyhow, it's under 60%.

Simply put, Trump's big showy push of promising a vaccine soon, that nobody else wants to back up, isn't working.
    To put in tact, I am hoping Biden will use on the next debate... Would Trump tell us the truth about the vaccine, if he felt it would create a panic? Let’s say the vaccine is only 20% effective... how effective would Trump claim it is?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi