10+ Year Old Account
    Okay so...I don't see @Benggaul posting in a while, I hope he's okay. But I've seen the source he used, and I think I can write up something kinda close.

If I'm reading this right, today we had about 47,000 more cases and 920 deaths. That's lower than 1,000 but not lower enough for me to say "cases are definitely on the decline" and we've seen projections from people who know what they're talking about that say "it's not going to decline".

I already posted about South Dakota, Wisconsin, and Florida. Wait, no, hold on.

Fuck Florida State University cancels spring break because 1,000 students had a massive party.

Now that I see the full list, I will again say that, if S.D.'s rate was applied to a state the size of New York, it'd be double the next closest state. South Dakota is proportionately fucked -- like a smurf ganked by Azrael. Texas leads over California (so, yeah, what does that tell you) with about 100 eacha, Georgia, North Carolina and Tennessee WITH TWO Ns each have 40 or more, Illinois/NYState/Missouri and Wisconsin have 20 plus, hold on.

(does napkin math)

No, Wisconsin is bad, but SD is still worse. But if Wisconsin was the size of New York, it's rate would cause 111 deaths, more than any state actually got.

I posted a couple days back that 27 states are on the rise, the Midwest in particular. I should have said "Mid" because that shit runs allllllll the way down the Mississippi WITH TWO S's TWICE. Y'all know someone in Alabama or Arkansas? Send them Netflix and a case of Spaghetti-O's and tell them to hide for a week.

I took a quick look at NYState county breakdown, but it doesn't seem to be shifting or anything. The city's still the hotbed. There are some spikes in some upstate areas but the city is still doing just okay. As proud resident who's followed the rules at least 95% of the time (I won't say 100% because that's Hubris Comics) I can say that the increasing rate in NYState is alarming, because we're fucking trying, dammit. I was at three food banks today, nobody wants to take canned food. (Yes I gave them cash, but I don't particularly like Spaghetti-O's).

It's not getting any better. It's not skyrocketing, which considering the school year is great news really, but it's not going down.

"Stay safe, folks".

- - - Updated - - -

Following the same time frame as Charlottesville, Trump takes two entire days between being asked to condemn white supremacists, to condemning white supremacists.

He did mention the Proud Boys specifically, taking only one day, and if you're going to use that to his defense I want you to think about what that means.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    And its a fake number. They count people dying of things other than Covid a Covid death because of things like suicide because they are depressed by the Covid stay at home orders, If someone died with Covid but not due to Covid such as colon cancer, they called it a Covid death, and I could go on and on.
    How are you not banned?

Also let me explain to you how this works.

Let's say you are obese, diabetic, have a heart condition, you also happen to have cancer and the herpes.

If I then take a 12 gauge shotgun and shoot you in the face, hypothetically speaking, what killed you?

Your half dozen preexisting conditions or the shotgun blast to the face?

You do understand that all those people with other conditions are counted to have died to Covid because the Covid was the proverbial shotgun blast.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    The October Surprises keep on coming.

One of Melania's "friends" leaked tapes of their phone calls to CNN and they aren't pretty.

Underlined for War on Christmas, lol.
    "...who gives a fuck about Christmas stuff and decoration?"

I mean, if it wasn't obvious already that she gave precisely zero fucks in her white and/or red Christmas hellscapes, we now have her word on the matter.

Trump just took the rapid test
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

10+ Year Old Account
    So Trump signs another E.O. --

"Deferring more taxes?"

No.

"Moving money from one account into another to quickly make payments before the courts stop him?"

No.

"PPE Procurement Acting?"

No.

"Mask use in the White House mandatory?"

Fuck, no. To remove gender-neutral terms from Navy paperwork.

"You can't be serious."

You're right, that's not true.

It wasn't an E.O. He just said he'd do it eventually.

Hey, remember when Trump went golfing over the weekend?

Trump's going to quarantine. He loses 2 weeks of campaigning

Edti: And that probably means he tested positive

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Assuming he actually goes for the proper procedure of 2 weeks and ignores the rallies he has scheduled already.

Good thing this virus is a hoax, right?
    I mean, you have to actually be alive to campaign, right? Or at least able to breathe with your own lungs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    Trump's going to quarantine. He loses 2 weeks of campaigning

Edti: And that probably means he tested positive
    Do not.

Say shit like this.

Without sourcing it.

Even if it's just Twitter. Please. I'm begging you. It's not a forum rule, it's just for my sanity.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh my God there it is on CNBC @Thepersona you are on FIRE how did you catch this?

10+ Year Old Account
    Assuming he actually goes for the proper procedure of 2 weeks and ignores the rallies he has scheduled already.

Good thing this virus is a hoax, right?
    Maggie Haberman
    So much for quarantining/waiting for his test results to come back - POTUS daily schedule has him going to a donor event at the Trump Hotel in DC and then Fla for a rally.

hear me out here, but maybe trump superspreading covid-19 to the entire republican donor class is not all downside.
    Government Affiliated Snark

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Do not.

Say shit like this.

Without sourcing it.

Even if it's just Twitter. Please. I'm begging you. It's not a forum rule, it's just for my sanity.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh my God there it is on CNBC @Thepersona you are on FIRE how did you catch this?
    Having ASD and US politics being one of my special interests do pay some dividends, you see.

But to be more precise, i was surfing onto the megathread on the politics subreddit.
    Last edited by Thepersona; 2020-10-02 at 02:58 AM.

The covid denial is very real with some local Trump supporters too. They come up with every excuse imaginable for why covid actually isn't that big of a deal.

It reminds me of Trump's behavior. They take a position early on and no matter what they can never, ever admit to being wrong. Makes it impossible to course correct or learn from mistakes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm. That probably means he tested negative. That post is way too cheerful to someone handed a political death sentence.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, I guess a side effect of this is the CPD could change the rules of the remaining debates and just not allow the two men in the same room. Pretty easy to cut the mic when both people are on webcam.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Hmm. That probably means he tested negative. That post is way too cheerful to someone handed a political death sentence.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, I guess a side effect of this is the CPD could change the rules of the remaining debates and just not allow the two men in the same room. Pretty easy to cut the mic when both people are on webcam.
    This is president "i have no clothed" here. Of course he'll say that.

Speaking of which, will we get the Kim treatment right now?

If he's done a rapid test, which are often shit, he may also be waiting for results from a better test. He wouldn't outright admit he has it so soon, imo. I expect he won't test positive, though.

This will also now dominate the news. Detracting from Melania stuff and the debates. May even get him out of debates lol
    Even if he was exposed he likely wouldn't test positive at this point since it just happened a few days ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    May even get him out of debates
    He does not want this to be the reason he missed. Remember, Trump spent the entire outbreak downplaying it. To then use it as an excuse to get out of what little of his job he does? Plus of course, Biden could make all the ads, speeches, jokes and T-shirts that don't get banned on Amazon about it.

Imagine being challenged to a duel because someone caught you sleeping with his wife, and giving the excuse for bailing "I can't, I have gonhorrea". That's Trump, missing the debates for COVID-19.

Umm... Guys... Was pence too on the helicopter? Because we may see president Pelosi by the end of the week.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    Even if he was exposed he likely wouldn't test positive at this point since it just happened a few days ago.
    They let Hicks on the plane -- she could not possibly have been symptomatic or they would never have taken the risk. There is an incubation time, that's true, Trump is doing the right thing by hiding in his bunker. Which is a lot like saying "well at least you grabbed the cat before you fled your own house you burned down".

downside is he will spend a shit load of time tweeting
    upside is he might die

swings and roundabouts innit
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-10-02 at 01:31 PM. Reason: Minor Trolling

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    Umm... Guys... Was pence too on the helicopter? Because we may see president Pelosi by the end of the week.
    Pence is in much better health than Trump. He might be in much better health than me. And he has the best health care on the planet.

Pence won't die to this.

Can we start calling her Hoax Hicks yet?
    Looking for <Good Quotes for Signature>.