Presented without context:
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Let’s test this theory...

What is the point of these debates?
    To generate advertising dollars for whichever media outlet is holding the debate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    To generate advertising dollars for whichever media outlet is holding the debate.
    Okay... acceptable answer for a Trump victory. I will also accept, drowning out everything, other than him self.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Cynicism helps no one.

The point is for the candidates to present their views to the public in a setting where the can be challenged by the opponent in a coherent way.

Don't look at the RNC debates in 2016, or the general election debates. Look at the DNC primary debates for both.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Throwing this in here because this is a direct following of Trump's COVID policy -- Michigan gets Whitmer's mask mandate and executive orders ruled unconstitutional. Guess we're going to see more cases in Michigan again soon.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...HCKCbK8y69kWyE

The Michigan Supreme Court ruling invalidates orders ranging from business restrictions to mask mandates, and will require Whitmer to compromise with Republicans on any health emergency orders that extend 28 days.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Antiganon View Post
    Cynicism helps no one.

The point is for the candidates to present their views to the public in a setting where the can be challenged by the opponent in a coherent way.

Don't look at the RNC debates in 2016, or the general election debates. Look at the DNC primary debates for both.
    I took it as a fun answer...

I was going to go with Biden actually speaking to the people, instead of screaming conspiracy theories at clouds.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    This is my guess on what happens he makes out alive but will need to be put on ventilators to survive.

As study’s have shown being put on ventilators will mostly likely cause Trump to have serious mental and physical decline.

He will no longer be fit to be the president. He will be ready for a nursing home.
    If he goes on a ventilator he'll be temporarily removed from office vis a vis the 25th Amendment.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    Thomas Tillis tests positive for COVID-19:

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (WNCT) Senator Thom Tillis has tested positive for COVID-19.

Senator Tillis (R-NC) issued the following statement:

“Over the last few months, I’ve been routinely tested for COVID-19, including testing negative last Saturday, but tonight my rapid antigen test came back positive. I will be following the recommendations of my doctor and will be self-isolating at home for 10 days and notifying those I’ve been in close contact with

https://www.wnct.com/news/north-caro...-for-covid-19/

He's on the judiciary Commitee. They dont have enough votes for the SCOTUS nominee to pass it.
    I was wondering about both the number of votes and at some point a quorum if enough GOP Senators are out and the Democrats boycott (you need 51 to do anything in the Senate).

I feel like people are slightly overstating the seriousness of Trump being hospitalised. Yes, it's not good but it's almost certainly a precautionary measure. The guy is the leader of the nation (unfortunately) and is particularly at risk of the virus. They'll be shoving his ass in hospital as a just in case measure to maximise the chances he'll survive

10+ Year Old Account
    NK trolls Trump. But what else is new.

WHCA says three of their own tested positive. That Rose Garden thing is looking to be the cause.

House passes coronavirus relief bill but neither McConnell and now Trump touch it. House leaves for recess having done their job and also fleeing DC before Trump infects them, too.

And of course, it's time for Guess the Speaker!

Q: You're risking getting it, of course. The way you move around and have those briefings and deal with people. Are you worried about that?

A: No, I'm not. I don't know why I'm not. I'm not.

Q: Why?

A: I don't know. I'm just not.
    "Obviously Trump in an interview with someone who isn't Hannity so...Woodward?"

Correct.

Trump has admitted how deadly and contagious the disease is. During his April 13 interview with Woodward, Trump told the journalist that the virus is "so easily transmissible, you wouldn't even believe it."

CNN has previously reported that Trump told Woodward a story about a meeting of about 10 people in the Oval Office where someone in the room sneezed.

"You know, just a sneeze, the entire room bailed out, OK? Including me, by the way," Trump said

Quote Originally Posted by Waniou View Post
    I feel like people are slightly overstating the seriousness of Trump being hospitalised. Yes, it's not good but it's almost certainly a precautionary measure. The guy is the leader of the nation (unfortunately) and is particularly at risk of the virus. They'll be shoving his ass in hospital as a just in case measure to maximise the chances he'll survive
    maybe? maybe not, we have no actual idea, because nobody is telling anyone anything. the only thing i'm certain of, is that Trump fought tooth and nail not to go to the hospital because he knew it would make him look weak, instead of the strength that he's known to preclude. If a doctor convinced him to go to the hospital, even at the very best case a precautionary measure, it's not good.

Kellyanne Conway's Daughter just announced via TikTok that her mom has COVID.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    The White House currently has more hospitalizations due to COVID than the entire country of New Zealand.
    People are going to read this, laugh a bit, and then move on. But they really won't SEE it. People need to read this over and over again - even if you've already internalized.

What Trump did to this country in reaction to the COVID-19 crisis was almost literally a crime against humanity. Nuremberg would certainly string him up.

Petition to change White House to Plague House.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    Petition to change White House to Plague House.
    Temple of Nurgle?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Please do, I'm very interested. I recall reading/hearing a report on this earlier in the year (around mid-summer) that most of the complications for folks on ventilators were not specifically caused by the ventilators themselves, but by how bad the virus was wrecking their bodies to the point that ventilation was required. I have vague memories of some of that being attributed to the ventilator, but by way of, "the only reason for this is because the body is so weakened" to the point where not being on one would likely lead to death.
    I was able find this NPR article on side effects of ventilators.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...id-19-patients

“Unfortunately, Osborn says, "the ventilator itself can do damage to the lung tissue based on how much pressure is required to help oxygen get processed by the lungs."

And coronavirus patients often need dangerously high levels of both pressure and oxygen because their lungs have so much inflammation.”

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    Remember, he was diagnosed only yesterday.

- - - Updated - - -

Vaccines do not cure the disease. It just prevents it. There're a lot of experimental treatments though. The problem is his obesity and heart problems
    But they know of Hope being sick for longer, I think? But they still went to that indoor hate rally, even after they found out she was symptomatic.

Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    I was able find this NPR article on side effects of ventilators.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...id-19-patients

“Unfortunately, Osborn says, "the ventilator itself can do damage to the lung tissue based on how much pressure is required to help oxygen get processed by the lungs."

And coronavirus patients often need dangerously high levels of both pressure and oxygen because their lungs have so much inflammation.”
    I mean, they can just oxigenate their blood and leave the lungs to heal for themselves (via a machine that eludes my name ATM)

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    But they know of Hope being sick for longer, I think? But they still went to that indoor hate rally, even after they found out she was symptomatic.
    There is a good possibility that she is not patient zero and that Trump ha been infected for a while, he has been holding these super spreader rallies for a while now. Even if it's not that Hicks got it from someone else and most of the people she has contact with are high ranking white house people.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Ehh, I think that's a rather rosy characterisation of Biden's performance. Not that I think Biden can't debate, but from what I've seen the merit in Biden's performance is that for the most part he managed not to be phased by all the shit thrown at him from Trump's direction.
    Trump was stumbling over himself, and looked like an ass. For all the talk about Biden having dementia, Trump is the one who looked like an old guy yelling at clouds.