1. #57041
    The Insane Kathandira's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ziltoidia 9
    Posts
    17,667
    Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Trump angry with democrats not implementing a national mask mandate:

    https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1306041359308996610
    What a jack ass.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

    Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

  2. #57042
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    I mean, it's like Trump said, 'herd mentality'.

    [video=youtube;LFcNmFw9naI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFcNmFw9naI[/vieo]

    People give Don Lemon shit for whatever reason, but he's knocked this out of the park. Any Trump supporter who actually disagrees with this is an utter moron. 'I agree with him on things, mostly'. Like 200k dead because of incompetence? You're okay with that mostly?
    "....So that was called action, not with the mouth, but an actual fact..."

    What the hell does "action, not with the mouth" even fucking mean?

    Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

  3. #57043
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Biden is senile
    No evidence to support that other than feels bro. But Trumps issues lie in his insecurities, narcissism, and megalomania, on top of being enabled his whole life to act this way without consequence. If you think for a min that this whole Biden secret government shit is Trump losing cognitive functions you are dead wrong. It all part of the narrative Trump's team has been pushing since day one, not so much with Biden, it started with Hillary and Obama still running things from the shadows. That is a well played strategy that plays to his base.

  4. #57044
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    What the hell does "action, not with the mouth" even fucking mean?
    Means actually doing something, rather than just saying you're going to do something, I suppose.

  5. #57045
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    solve coagula
    Posts
    52,566
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Means actually doing something, rather than just saying you're going to do something.
    It’s “actions speak louder than words”, when your brain is fried.

    If this was any other president, this would be Bush saying “fool me once, shame on you... full me... well... not going to full me again.”
    As above, so below.
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    That which is Below corresponds to that which is Above, and that which is Above corresponds to that which is Below, to accomplish the miracle of the One Thing.

  6. #57046
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    It’s “actions speak louder than words”, when your brain is fried.
    Pretty much, yeah. Just gotta de-Trump it lol

  7. #57047
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    solve coagula
    Posts
    52,566
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Pretty much, yeah. Just gotta de-Trump it lol
    I’ve been around a lot of fried pot heads, it’s a similar dialect.
    As above, so below.
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    That which is Below corresponds to that which is Above, and that which is Above corresponds to that which is Below, to accomplish the miracle of the One Thing.

  8. #57048
    Merely a Setback Breccia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    27,860
    When talking about Trump's intentional downplaying of the virus (just one person from China etc etc) I suppose we--

    It is a monumental, catastrophic leadership failure
    -- Woodward himself

    Nevermind, we're good.

  9. #57049
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    solve coagula
    Posts
    52,566
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    When talking about Trump's intentional downplaying of the virus (just one person from China etc etc) I suppose we--

    -- Woodward himself

    Nevermind, we're good.
    I just want to highlight that the Woodward issue, is very similar to Comey, in the sense of how you get in with Trump. Woodward was extremely critical about Hillary, which likely is why Trump believed he could trust him. The same way he was comfortable with Comey, in asking to remove the Russian cloud from his administration. You can get in with Trump, by simply shitting on his opponents. This should also explain why Trump seems to trust US adversaries, more that our own intelligence. After all, they have been on Obama and Hillary side for decades, while our adversaries hated them.
    As above, so below.
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    That which is Below corresponds to that which is Above, and that which is Above corresponds to that which is Below, to accomplish the miracle of the One Thing.

  10. #57050
    Merely a Setback Adam Jensen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Sarif Industries, Detroit
    Posts
    28,098
    Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Trump isn't doing anything with the vaccines but rushing a vaccine that for all intents and purposes, will not have the proper trials in place to have it out by the end of the year. Most vaccines take YEARS of development and trials before they are approved.
    The FDA is short-tracking a number of vaccines right now.

    What they're doing is running many of the steps in the approval process for the vaccines concurrently, rather than one after another. The earliest estimate I remember reading was spring of 2021.

    Trump claiming there'll be one before November is just bullshit to win votes.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Trump angry with democrats not implementing a national mask mandate:

    https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1306041359308996610
    Trump's whole speech is incoherent, and they say Biden has dementia. First he accuses the DNC and Biden of not doing what they don't have the power to do, which is mandate masks. Then he goes on a rant about how "many people are saying" that they don't like masks, that masks aren't effective (they are). Like . . . if you don't agree with a mask mandate, why are you blasting Joe Biden for not implementing a mask mandate? Which, might I repeat, Joe Biden doesn't have the authority to do?

    And how come no one calls him out? His first impulse to the question wasn't to answer it, but to immediately deflect to Biden.

  11. #57051
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    The FDA is short-tracking a number of vaccines right now.

    What they're doing is running many of the steps in the approval process for the vaccines concurrently, rather than one after another. The earliest estimate I remember reading was spring of 2021.

    Trump claiming there'll be one before November is just bullshit to win votes.
    I fully expect Trump to proclaim there is a vaccine in early November. Might even try to force through the Russian one into the US by ordering the FDA to declare it approved.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

  12. #57052
    Merely a Setback Adam Jensen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Sarif Industries, Detroit
    Posts
    28,098
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    I fully expect Trump to proclaim there is a vaccine in early November. Might even try to force through the Russian one into the US by ordering the FDA to declare it approved.
    I'm actually terrified of that.

    Because of course the rubes will fall for it, then the vaccine gets released, then people get sick and die from a vaccine that wasn't well tested.

  13. #57053
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    And how come no one calls him out?
    Its simple:


  14. #57054
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    I'm actually terrified of that.

    Because of course the rubes will fall for it, then the vaccine gets released, then people get sick and die from a vaccine that wasn't well tested.
    Even if one was rushed through without proper testing, it would be in such short supply that distribution would be limited to the elderly and healthcare workers (and republican politicians of course). Personally I'm going to wait a bit until other countries sign off on it.

  15. #57055
    Merely a Setback Adam Jensen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Sarif Industries, Detroit
    Posts
    28,098
    Quote Originally Posted by For_The_Horde View Post
    Even if one was rushed through without proper testing, it would be in such short supply that distribution would be limited to the elderly and healthcare workers (and republican politicians of course). Personally I'm going to wait a bit until other countries sign off on it.
    Saw one terrifying article saying we might not have global distribution until 2024.

  16. #57056
    Merely a Setback Breccia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    27,860
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Saw one terrifying article saying we might not have global distribution until 2024.
    I mean, "global distribution" does that mean every single human on Earth? Because 2024 to reach the smallest villages in Asia seems realistic.

    The working vaccine(s) will be developed by industrial countries, duh, and distributed amongst themselves soonest. The USA is the safest bet but not the only option.

  17. #57057
    Merely a Setback Adam Jensen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Sarif Industries, Detroit
    Posts
    28,098
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I mean, "global distribution" does that mean every single human on Earth? Because 2024 to reach the smallest villages in Asia seems realistic.

    The working vaccine(s) will be developed by industrial countries, duh, and distributed amongst themselves soonest. The USA is the safest bet but not the only option.
    I think global distribution is more along the lines of, I don't know, having it as readily available as say the MMR or flu vaccines?

    I mean obviously some small village in the wilds of Siberia that can only be accessed by a 30 day trek through the woods isn't going to get it in a timely fashion.

  18. #57058
    https://thehill.com/policy/healthcar...ce-amid-uproar

    And Michael "science is seditious" Caputo is taking a much needed leave of absence from HHS for the next two months. This is good, because he's a dangerous fuckin lunatic who can't even do his job correctly by his own admission. This is also good because hopefully he'll get some mental health treatment while he's taking his leave.

  19. #57059
    Cross-posting this with the GE thread because it fits both.

    Rasmussen just released a new poll showing Trump in the lead so expect the usual 5 trolls to pop in for a shitpost crowing about it.

    I'm sure Rasmussen will be Trump's favorite pollster again over Gallup until their numbers slip back closer to reality.

  20. #57060
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Cross-posting this with the GE thread because it fits both.

    Rasmussen just released a new poll showing Trump in the lead so expect the usual 5 trolls to pop in for a shitpost crowing about it.

    I'm sure Rasmussen will be Trump's favorite pollster again over Gallup until their numbers slip back closer to reality.
    I'm curious as to how he's gaining any ground at all.
    Interested in joining Star Citizen? https://robertsspaceindustries.com/e...STAR-4NBQ-QV6X Get $5 of in game credits when enlisting with that link!

    And if you want to make a complaint about my sig, then too bad. You'll likely be on my ignore list with the 2 other idiots anyways.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •