Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    A RAY OF HOPE. Grassley and Collins have joined Romney and Murkowski in committing to not confirming a new Justice until after the inauguration. There is NOTHING to hold them to their promises, of course, but they've all now made these statements publicly as far as I can tell so it's likely the most we're going to get at this point.
    Wow. Got a source for that?

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Let's not pretend that they won't try to ram this through ASAP, regardless of averages.

And even if they don't make it before the election, they'll have plenty of time during the in-between of November and January.
    they will probably wait until after the election- but before inauguration, because they dont want certain senators to have a vote on record for another trump judge, especially susan collins, but it will still be a trump nominee with the same senate makeup just as sleezy
    Last edited by arandomuser; 2020-09-19 at 01:41 AM.

Yeah, I get that. Sorry for bursting your bubble. At this point I'm wondering if I'm going to have to travel back to the States to try to get my parents out. They're outnumbered in a Trump-heavy neighborhood and this shit is getting worse and worse. With a SCOTUS that will rubber-stamp Trump's insane decrees there's no way the US won't be heading for total fucking disaster. Even if Trump loses 3 months is more than enough time for him and a GOP-led Senate to firebomb the country on their way out.

EDIT:

A RAY OF HOPE. Grassley and Collins have joined Romney and Murkowski in committing to not confirming a new Justice until after the inauguration. There is NOTHING to hold them to their promises, of course, but they've all now made these statements publicly as far as I can tell so it's likely the most we're going to get at this point.
    If its true about Collin's that at least is 1 less vote if they try to ram it before the election. all bets off on all 4 after the election though i believe none of them on anything.

Yeah, I get that. Sorry for bursting your bubble. At this point I'm wondering if I'm going to have to travel back to the States to try to get my parents out. They're outnumbered in a Trump-heavy neighborhood and this shit is getting worse and worse. With a SCOTUS that will rubber-stamp Trump's insane decrees there's no way the US won't be heading for total fucking disaster. Even if Trump loses 3 months is more than enough time for him and a GOP-led Senate to firebomb the country on their way out.

EDIT:

Only confidence I have is Romney for some reason in keeping his words. The others no confidence. This is the Republicans we are talking about and if I ever give them credit is they have no morals or scruples. Not one of them.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Drutt View Post
    Wow. Got a source for that?
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    If its true about Collin's that at least is 1 less vote if they try to ram it before the election. all bets off on all 4 after the election though i believe none of them on anything.
    Unfortunately I'm going to have to edit that previous post. The commitments from Grassley and Collins are apparently from statements they made earlier in the year so there's no telling if they're hold to them. Sorry, I, too, am grasping at any positives.

In my Twitter timeline and someone has commented to this already which to paraphrase people in my timeline and the media treating this a serious debate or discussion. Yeah right. The Republicans will do this.

For instance of the people just posted a vid of Lindsey Graham talking about Garland and basically the bullshit of wait til next President. The person I follow says "we will see". Now we won't. Such a stupid post. We know what Graham is going to do.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Given the news, I'm just not up to doing a full COVID-19 report today. My entire body is shaking with barely-contained rage at what Trump and the GOP have done to my country and what the implications of the death of warrior Ruth Bader Ginsburg are. If I drank, I'd be drunk. If I used, I'd be high. If I was abusive my walls would be full of holes. Instead I'm just grinding my teeth, listening to my heart in my ears and wondering if I'm going to be tasked to fight for my country WITHIN my country.

Here's the crib notes:

51,345 new cases, 958 deaths; not a substantial difference from two weeks ago. The total is now 203,171.

Wisconsin broke another record peaking above 2.5k.
    Minnesota had their second-highest record at just over 1k.
    Utah set a new record at a little under 1.2k.
    North Dakota set a new record at about 500.

The Midwest continues spiking.

Stay safe, folks.

Whats actually sad is that theres very little gratitude or admiration for what an exceptional person she was. The conversation seems to have skipped that in some circles and has moved right on to machinations on her replacement.

We should take more time to appreciate people like her.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Unfortunately I'm going to have to edit that previous post. The commitments from Grassley and Collins are apparently from statements they made earlier in the year so there's no telling if they're hold to them. Sorry, I, too, am grasping at any positives.
    Worse news https://twitter.com/LJ0hnson/status/1307129082971385858 "Romney's communications director shoots down one rumor."
    Last edited by Nurasu; 2020-09-19 at 02:20 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Boy, I hope Elaine Chao is psychologically ready for the nation's reaction when McConnell finally kicks the bucket.
    I hope the McConnell's know to keep Mitch's grave a secret, because I know I'm not the only one with plans to piss on it.
    Putin khuliyo

so whens it gonna be illegal for women to fuck?

sure is awesome to live in a democracy where your rights are dependent on a 200 year old women surviving winter

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    I hope the McConnell's know to keep Mitch's grave a secret, because I know I'm not the only one with plans to piss on it.
    Whats the legality of leaving a toliet on top of someone's grave

not using it, (wont stop others if they choose it as a port in a storm)
    just make a foundation that just buys toliets to leave on Mitch's grave, replaced weekly till the sun burns out
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

To repeat myself from the last page
    "He is the one person I would pay for a plane ticket just for a chance to piss on his grave and shit on his tombstone."
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Rung View Post
    https://www.reddit.com/r/cringe/comm...ittle_girl_on/

Why is trump trying to kiss a young girl on the lips?
    Yeah, but he didn't try to smell her hair like creepy Joe. Smelling hair is way worse. Or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    To repeat myself from the last page
    "He is the one person I would pay for a plane ticket just for a chance to piss on his grave and shit on his tombstone."
    I hope they bury Trump and McConnell next to each other so I can save myself a trip.
    Putin khuliyo

I hope they bury Trump and McConnell next to each other so I can save myself a trip.
    They might as well just install a toilet seat to save people the trouble of squatting as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    You put a guy like that in a position of power and authority like that and lemme tell you, civil war is coming.
    And you told us it would happen earlier this year, and nothing happened, and you tell us it will happen every week. You've only been wrong a few dozen times so eventually it has to happen, right? Right?

Seriously, do you just get up and start thinking about a civil war or do you have to get into it like an exercise routine?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    I am NOT civil war cheerleading.

When people are deeply concerned about climate change and try to raise awareness on climate change, they don't do it because they want the climate destroyed. You would a stupid moron to suggest so.
    Difference being there is evidence of one, the other is you coming into every thread talking about how the people with riding mowers will take over everything with the help of the Chinese and Russia.

Seriously, what's your fascination with it?

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

I'd be ok with giving toilets the new nickname of "trumps" and using that insteada "johns."

I don't think the idea of civil war, or rather something akin to it is too out there, I think it is more likely than not that nothing of the sort will happen, however.... I wouldn't go as far as civil war, I am not even sure what that would look like in the modern USA, certainly not what it looked like before. However I will be shocked if there isn't massive civil unrest, including not just riots but running battles, on an unprecedented scale in the USA. I don't think it really matters who wins. If Harris wins (I honestly think it is really a vote for her, I can't see Biden serving out a full term) there is just no way that the Trumpsters are going to accept that, and I don't think it is insane or scare mongering to suggest this, or to fear that things really could get very ugly. Trump wins (I think he will win), an awful lot of people are angry and perplexed and I think it will be too much for too many people. I think some of the protests and riots you see in parts of the country will escalate and spread. It is a fucking dark time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    I'd be ok with giving toilets the new nickname of "trumps" and using that insteada "johns."
    Someone’s been on a Mel Brooks kick.
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.