1. #57841
    Scarab Lord PhaelixWW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Washington (né California)
    Posts
    4,961
    Quote Originally Posted by silveth View Post
    1% of in person votes fail to be counted for whatever reason.
    2% of absentee votes fail to be counted for whatever reason. This is already a couple of million.
    You're already wrong, here.

    From the Comprehensive Report on the 2016 Election, only 318,728 out of the 33,378,450 submitted absentee ballots were rejected. That's 0.95%.

    From the Comprehensive Report on the 2012 Election, only 258,380 out of the 27,624,254 submitted absentee ballots were rejected. That's 0.94%.

    So I guess, then, that you should agree that absentee ballot voting is better than in-person voting, right?


    "The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

    --Alexandre Dumas-fils

  2. #57842
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    You're already wrong, here.

    From the Comprehensive Report on the 2016 Election, only 318,728 out of the 33,378,450 submitted absentee ballots were rejected. That's 0.95%.

    From the Comprehensive Report on the 2012 Election, only 258,380 out of the 27,624,254 submitted absentee ballots were rejected. That's 0.94%.

    So I guess, then, that you should agree that absentee ballot voting is better than in-person voting, right?
    There is a reason he won't cite his sources.

  3. #57843
    43,206, about the same as last Saturday.

    California: 3,404 new cases; 51 deaths
    Wisconsin: 2,817 new cases (new record); 7 deaths
    Fuck Florida.
    Illinois: 2,441 new cases; 25 deaths
    Texas: 2,227 new cases; 100 deaths
    North Carolina: 1,759 new cases; 31 deaths
    Missouri: 1,476 new cases; 39 deaths
    Minnesota: 1,470 new cases (new record); 10 deaths
    Tennessee: 1,437 new cases; 22 deaths
    South Carolina: 1,371 new cases; 26 deaths
    Georgia: 1,359 new cases; 40 deaths
    Indiana: 1,142 new cases; 11 deaths
    Ohio: 1,101 new cases; 6 deaths
    Utah: 1,017 new cases; no deaths reported
    New York: 1,007 new cases; 4 deaths

    Pretty self-explanatory for the most part. The Midwest continues being a shitshow. South Dakota broke their new cases total record for the third time in four days--no word yet on whether Governor Kristi Noem (R) regrets saying "Less COVID; more hunting" while mocking social distancing 4 days ago. The numbers suggest Kentucky will be on my list again at some point next week (970 today and trending upward for the past couple weeks). About half of the states are currently experiencing increasing daily totals of various degrees. Alabama went back down below 1k today suggesting their huge total yesterday was just a correction but I haven't been able to confirm that anywhere. Feel free to chime in if you know something.

    737 deaths is up a bit from last Saturday, putting the total at 209,177. We might still have a 1k+ day next week on Tuesday or Wednesday but I'm expecting the numbers to continue dropping a bit more overall. For now, at least.

    Related news:

    Wildfires and Labor Day celebrations are causing spikes in cases in Oregon.
    The US could see an explosion of Covid-19 cases as fall and winter set in--(The IMHE model suggests deaths per day might jump to 3k in the winter)
    Ex-care home bosses charged over dozens of Covid deaths in Massachusetts--good thing that GOP bill removing liability hasn't gone through yet.

    Stay safe, folks.

  4. #57844
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    43,206, about the same as last Saturday.

    California: 3,404 new cases; 51 deaths
    Wisconsin: 2,817 new cases (new record); 7 deaths
    Fuck Florida.
    Illinois: 2,441 new cases; 25 deaths
    Texas: 2,227 new cases; 100 deaths
    North Carolina: 1,759 new cases; 31 deaths
    Missouri: 1,476 new cases; 39 deaths
    Minnesota: 1,470 new cases (new record); 10 deaths
    Tennessee: 1,437 new cases; 22 deaths
    South Carolina: 1,371 new cases; 26 deaths
    Georgia: 1,359 new cases; 40 deaths
    Indiana: 1,142 new cases; 11 deaths
    Ohio: 1,101 new cases; 6 deaths
    Utah: 1,017 new cases; no deaths reported
    New York: 1,007 new cases; 4 deaths

    Pretty self-explanatory for the most part. The Midwest continues being a shitshow. South Dakota broke their new cases total record for the third time in four days--no word yet on whether Governor Kristi Noem (R) regrets saying "Less COVID; more hunting" while mocking social distancing 4 days ago. The numbers suggest Kentucky will be on my list again at some point next week (970 today and trending upward for the past couple weeks). About half of the states are currently experiencing increasing daily totals of various degrees. Alabama went back down below 1k today suggesting their huge total yesterday was just a correction but I haven't been able to confirm that anywhere. Feel free to chime in if you know something.

    737 deaths is up a bit from last Saturday, putting the total at 209,177. We might still have a 1k+ day next week on Tuesday or Wednesday but I'm expecting the numbers to continue dropping a bit more overall. For now, at least.

    Related news:

    Wildfires and Labor Day celebrations are causing spikes in cases in Oregon.
    The US could see an explosion of Covid-19 cases as fall and winter set in--(The IMHE model suggests deaths per day might jump to 3k in the winter)
    Ex-care home bosses charged over dozens of Covid deaths in Massachusetts--good thing that GOP bill removing liability hasn't gone through yet.

    Stay safe, folks.
    Kristi Noem is a fucking dipshit.

  5. #57845
    Quote Originally Posted by silveth View Post
    You know the funny part. With all of the things that have gone wrong this year with mail in voting attempts people still think it will work and be fine. After NY and NJ's debacles in their attempts people still think its a good idea at this point. I won't even get into the 100's of documented cases of mail in voting issues over the years (and that is without it being a thing in most states).

    I will state the statistics.

    1% of in person votes fail to be counted for whatever reason.
    2% of absentee votes fail to be counted for whatever reason. This is already a couple of million.
    In the 2 attempts at mail in voting in NY and NJ (both democrat run, in democrat districts) they had a failure rate of over 20%. This is from a city and a borrow, not even a whole state.

    But don't actually research and read things like local news or papers, listen to the democrats and the big media that everything with it is perfect.

    Funny that people are trying to accuse Trump of stealing the election before it happens when he is pushing for the same rules that apply every year and its the democrats trying to force a new way no matter how many times it proves unreliable. Even though the "Top Doctors" that the media likes say that in person can be safely just like anything else at this point with social distancing.

    It is interesting that I heard that they said they expect 80+ million votes by mail and it to be a majority for Biden. It would be funny if that 20% failure continues and the 16 million votes that won't count cause Biden to lose.

    I am all for mail in voting if it can be done securely and timely. But the facts seem to be that we don't have the time to make it work right this year.

    This is the democrats blocking the second republican "relief bill" because it was only about providing funds. The Democrat bill had lovely pieces like making voter id laws in states illegal and removing signature verification for absentee ballots.... HUH What exactly did those have to do with extending the funds for people and business in this crisis? I have no idea, but like its been said, never let a good crisis go to waste.
    Where'd you go??? Hello?
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

  6. #57846
    Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    People verifying signatures aren't all handwriting experts and it's a great way to toss ballots from people that you suspect are voting for democrats.

    Even putting all of that corruption aside, people don't write exactly the same for their entire lives. They change naturally, people get injuries or other disabilities that alter their writing style, etc...

    It doesn't make any sense.
    This is true if you show up in person at the polls too. All you have to do is sign your name and they compare the signatures. Hell, it might even be easier to be fraudulent there, because you can at least see the signature they have on file for you to try and copy.

  7. #57847
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    Where'd you go??? Hello?
    He won't come back, at least not to actually back up his claims.

  8. #57848
    Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    He won't come back, at least not to actually back up his claims.
    Pretty much. Several of them do it. They get countered with questions as to the validity of their statements and requests for link/sources, and then they vanish for a little while until they see people have moved on to the next thing. Then they start the process over again with a new in-topic subject because people have already forgotten that they were asked for evidence of other shit, so they get to avoid actually providing said evidence.

    - - - Updated - - -

    All you really get from a MAGA rally is contamination....
    Fully support violence in the streets because you're too comfy sat at home in another country behind your PC screen to actually do anything about things you claim to be against Nobody is obsessed with you. Nobody really even cares about you. You're simply the joke that keeps on giving.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pro-Violence/Arch-Angel of Riots/rmfAcc/Rochana View Post
    I admit I'm an absolute lunatic who is in favor of chaos, because I don't like what is currently going on - despite being in a privileged and elated position in this supposed state of "normalcy".

  9. #57849
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    The US could see an explosion of Covid-19 cases as fall and winter set in--(The IMHE model suggests deaths per day might jump to 3k in the winter)
    On a separate note:

    Is the IMHE model useful now?

    The first variant was plain ridiculous and useless, and I wouldn't even call it a model (but used a lot in the US, since it was made in the US - and by Trump since it predicted small numbers for the US).
    I know that the new variant is a bit improved, but has anyone verified whether the new predictions are actually useful?

    (I tried to look a bit, and I'm very sceptical.)

  10. #57850
    The Undying Breccia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    30,095
    Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    Is the IMHE model useful now?
    I mean, it could be like 538 -- just look at all the projections and average. You're right, Trump did use it back in the day. It predicted 160k total -- whoops -- and 60,000 by August.

    But was the model wrong? Or did people just not follow medical/scientific advice?

    At time of writing, the IMHE model for the US predicts daily death counts rising from 750 to 900 over the next couple weeks, no matter what happens. Only there does it predict three ways: 1) current projection 2) easing and 3) masks worn. Spoiler alert: "current project" and "easing" are within a basketball team of each other until mid November, both ramping up well past 1,000 deaths/day effectively indefinitely. And it predicts deaths/day rising in December to higher than the US has ever had ever ever.

    And the CDC shows only the next couple weeks -- gee, why would the CDC be wary of showing high death counts -- but basically every model agrees with this. Projected deaths are on the rise. IMHE is actually in the middle ground of those predictions.

    The IMHE was showing low values before, low enough that Trump latched onto them like a $130,000 Rasmussen poll. Problem is, they predict 410k deaths by Jan 1 and--

    "Whoa Breccia, that can't be right. You said the deaths would double in three months."

    Yes.

    "...doesn't that mean--"

    Yes. To kill 200,000 people in the next three months, deaths on average will be over two thousand. And considering they're 1,000 now....that means, yeah, they'll have to climb to about 3,000 per day to have that happen. Per day.

    "Okay, but that's the worst-case scenario, with mandates easing. What's the middle ground?"

    Um...that was the middle ground.

    "...is th--"

    The worst case scenario calls for over 600,000 dead. For example, if mandates ease and state open up beaches, bars, and restaurants. Like Florida just did.

    Manymodels have predicted a mid-October death count that will need to be updated. JH for example predicted 205-212k by Oct 17. Yeah... Others predicted 215 to 225k at about that time, If we have 700 dead/day from here till then, we'll hit the low end of that range. If we grow steadily to 1,000 dead per day, we'll hit the high end of that range.

    Keep your eye on the Dakotas. For whatever reason, these states are showing a proportionately high rise in cases and deaths.

  11. #57851
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    Where'd you go??? Hello?
    He's too busy posting shitty takes in other threads.

  12. #57852
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I mean, it could be like 538 -- just look at all the projections and average. You're right, Trump did use it back in the day. It predicted 160k total -- whoops -- and 60,000 by August.

    But was the model wrong? Or did people just not follow medical/scientific advice?
    The original "model" was ridiculously wrong. It was just just a curve fitted to data from Wuhan.

    Nothing about susceptible, spread, etc.

    I tried to look at it, and it got country after country wrong.

    The new model has more realistic-looking parameters I understand - but I don't know if someone has checked the predictions.

  13. #57853
    Scarab Lord Zaydin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    FL, USA
    Posts
    4,057
    The New York TImes got its hands on Trumps tax information and hoo boy, it explains why he has been fighting tooth and nail for years to hide his tax returns.

    In 2016, he paid a whopping 750 dollars in federal income taxes. He paid the same amount in 2017. For 10 of the previous 15 years he paid no income tax at all because he claimed he lost more money than he made. He also has hundreds of millions of dollars in debt coming due.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

  14. #57854
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    The New York TImes got its hands on Trumps tax information and hoo boy, it explains why he has been fighting tooth and nail for years to hide his tax returns.

    In 2016, he paid a whopping 750 dollars in federal income taxes. He paid the same amount in 2017. For 10 of the previous 15 years he paid no income tax at all because he claimed he lost more money than he made. He also has hundreds of millions of dollars in debt coming due.
    man either he's been pulling millions out of all these companies or he is the worst businessman around.

    Remember these are not his personal taxes just his business related taxes but they give a clear picture why he is hiding his personal returns.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

  15. #57855
    “Trump paid $750 in federal income taxes the year he won the presidency. In his first year in the WH, he paid another $750. He had paid no income taxes at all in 10 of the previous 15 years — largely because he reported losing much more money than he made” https://t.co/8vUofZIlJi
    https://twitter.com/jaketapper/statu...517426696?s=19

    So Trump is the broke, failure of a businessman that his losses are so tremendous he barely pays taxes. Another possibility is he is just taking advantage of the tax system.

    I know Trumpkins, that your cult leader is so brilliant he takes advantage of the system. Again I always ask why do you cheer for someone who can have advantages that you will never have?

    Also if we go with he was broke, Trump was sure making large investments and loans. I believed Trump spent $400 million in cash to by Turnberry in Scotland and other properties. Hmm, wonder how he got hold of the cash or bank backed loans?
    “There is a cult of ignorance in the United States…. [It is] nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that ‘my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.’”

    -Isaac Asimov

  16. #57856
    The Undying Breccia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    30,095
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    The New York TImes got its hands on Trumps tax information
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

    *deep breath*

    MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Another possibility is he is just taking advantage of the tax system.
    You know this is Trump. It could be both. Remember, we already saw one of his far earlier returns -- he lost so much money in one year, the losses could be spread out for a dog's lifespan. He could be broke, and using that being broke to break the system.

  17. #57857
    Fake news!
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

  18. #57858
    Void Lord Elegiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Late Capitalism
    Posts
    52,326
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    man either he's been pulling millions out of all these companies or he is the worst businessman around.

    Remember these are not his personal taxes just his business related taxes but they give a clear picture why he is hiding his personal returns.
    I'd recommend giving the entire article a read because there are a lot of facets to how he's been abusing excessive business deductions in order to get out of paying taxes, particularly for transfers of wealth to people in his circle. For instance:

    Examining the Trump Organization’s tax records, a curious pattern emerges: Between 2010 and 2018, Mr. Trump wrote off some $26 million in unexplained “consulting fees” as a business expense across nearly all of his projects.

    In most cases the fees were roughly one-fifth of his income: In Azerbaijan, Mr. Trump collected $5 million on a hotel deal and reported $1.1 million in consulting fees, while in Dubai it was $3 million with a $630,000 fee, and so on.

    Mysterious big payments in business deals can raise red flags, particularly in places where bribes or kickbacks to middlemen are routine. But there is no evidence that Mr. Trump, who mostly licenses his name to other people’s projects and is not involved in securing government approvals, has engaged in such practices.

    Rather, there appears to be a closer-to-home explanation for at least some of the fees: Mr. Trump reduced his taxable income by treating a family member as a consultant, and then deducting the fee as a cost of doing business.

    The “consultants” are not identified in the tax records. But evidence of this arrangement was gleaned by comparing the confidential tax records to the financial disclosures Ivanka Trump filed when she joined the White House staff in 2017. Ms. Trump reported receiving payments from a consulting company she co-owned, totaling $747,622, that exactly matched consulting fees claimed as tax deductions by the Trump Organization for hotel projects in Vancouver and Hawaii.
    It honestly appears more that the entire Trump organization is less a business empire and more a gigantic tax evasion scheme.
    "Multiculturalism has failed!" angrily types a person of European descent living in the Americas in a Germanic language using Roman characters on a device coded with Arabic numerals before leaving in a huff to go watch cartoons made in Japan.

  19. #57859
    The Unstoppable Force Belize's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Gen-OT College of Shitposting
    Posts
    20,269
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    The New York TImes got its hands on Trumps tax information and hoo boy, it explains why he has been fighting tooth and nail for years to hide his tax returns.

    In 2016, he paid a whopping 750 dollars in federal income taxes. He paid the same amount in 2017. For 10 of the previous 15 years he paid no income tax at all because he claimed he lost more money than he made. He also has hundreds of millions of dollars in debt coming due.
    He also ows 300 million to... Who in the next 4 years.

    What country is he indebted to?

  20. #57860
    So Trump paid less in taxes than average working people. A supposed billionaire.

    System is fucking broken even if you want to pretend Trump didn't break the law.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •