10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Bush is still on the shit list but Trump jumped the queue, basically.
    Exactly. There's the added irony of Trump negotiating with the terrorists that Bush went to war with. Say what you want about how the war in Afghanistan continued since, the Taliban protected Osama bin Laden. There is only one response to that.

Well I guess there's two now, because Trump.

This animation pretty much says all that needs to be said about Trump and the GOP's "leadership" during the pandemic.

https://twitter.com/SethAbramson/sta...964759040?s=20

Im just wondering how conservative Trumpers feel about him coming out of the closet, dancing to YMCA and saying hed like to kiss all the men?

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Im just wondering how conservative Trumpers feel about him coming out of the closet, dancing to YMCA and saying hed like to kiss all the men?
    They'll obviously say it fake news.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    This was on my Youtube feed today:

I don't miss Bush, and I don't forgive him his crimes. The guy should be in jail for warcrimes. But with that said, 4 years under Trump has made me miss even the most basic of professionalism and civility. Bush was gracious and welcoming of his political opponent taking office. He knew the occasion was grander than his own political party and gave Americans a message of hope to try to get us all behind President (then -Elect) Obama.

I highly doubt Trump will give such a speech when (and if) Biden wins.

Not once did Bush brag about himself. Not once did he make disparaging comments on the Democrats. Not once did he make wild or inaccurate claims on what the Democrat president was going to do to us.

I'm pissed off that Trump manages to make Dubya look good.
    For all that i dislike what Bush did as president, he wasn't tone deaf to what was going on in the country. Going off of how he reacted to the things which happened during his terms, if he were president today his re-election would be all but assured right now. Even a small response to the pandemic and the racial issues in the country combined with some actual empathy for the people would have done it. Bush is so often given grief for not being very smart, even trump has done so, and yet he would have been smart enough to do what Trump cannot even give a pretense of doing.

Thinking of Bush does give me one bit of gratitude for the Trump administration. Thank god Pence is trump's vp and not cheney. I get shivers thinking of what someone like cheney would do as vp under Trump.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinfoy Lat View Post
    For all that i dislike what Bush did as president, he wasn't tone deaf to what was going on in the country. Going off of how he reacted to the things which happened during his terms, if he were president today his re-election would be all but assured right now. Even a small response to the pandemic and the racial issues in the country combined with some actual empathy for the people would have done it. Bush is so often given grief for not being very smart, even trump has done so, and yet he would have been smart enough to do what Trump cannot even give a pretense of doing.

Thinking of Bush does give me one bit of gratitude for the Trump administration. Thank god Pence is trump's vp and not cheney. I get shivers thinking of what someone like cheney would do as vp under Trump.
    Ah yes, not being tone deaf while murdering over a million Iraqi, that is what a true president is.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I wouldn't say "completely". Just because you've seen something worse, doesn't make something bad still bad.
    I didn’t say he wasn’t bad I said it changed how he’s viewed. Public perception of Bush has changed drastically.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Bush is still on the shit list but Trump jumped the queue, basically.
    Ill wait till his kill count is actually higher than Bush.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBrown1917 View Post
    Ill wait till his kill count is actually higher than Bush.
    https://www.iraqbodycount.org/

I mean, his domestic kill-count is getting close to the total Iraq war death total to-date. And Trump's done this in under a year.

So...yeah, about that...

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/10/13/trum...x-returns.html

There is still more? We already learned so much about his taxes

Quote Originally Posted by Inuyaki View Post

So much more, because the taxes the NYT got are apparently only for his businesses.

This is his last attempt, can't appeal further than the SCOTUS so if they decline to hear the case or hold the ruling he's outta options.

Granted that won't be until after the election, likely, so it will be kinda pointless by then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Inuyaki View Post

The NYT said they'd release piecemeal bits of info over the month. I'm sure there's plenty we don't know about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.iraqbodycount.org/

I mean, his domestic kill-count is getting close to the total Iraq war death total to-date. And Trump's done this in under a year.

So...yeah, about that...

If you exclude the other wars the US was involved in and the disasters that Bush fucked u on.

..Oh right we are still far away from even the 1 million Iraqi. Whitewashing Bush sure sounds fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Granted that won't be until after the election, likely, so it will be kinda pointless by then.
    I'd settle for SDNY to throw the book at the whole Trump family so that we don't even have to hear from them again.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you exclude the other wars the US was involved in and the disasters that Bush fucked u on.

..Oh right we are still far away from even the 1 million Iraqi. Whitewashing Bush sure sounds fun.
    The thing is, none of you complain as it happens. Trump has expanded and killed more people through his drone program, than Obama did in 8 years... and you bitching about Bush to downplay Trump. Let me guess, you were downplaying Bush, because of Reagan? Give it 10 years and you’ll bitch about Trump?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Ah yes, not being tone deaf while murdering over a million Iraqi, that is what a true president is.
    Who said fuck all about Bush being what a true president is? My post simply says he would have had the political intelligence to use the crap that has happened this year. Quit trying to create things to take offense to.

If we update this to include both wars Trump is about halfway there - https://www.businessinsider.com/how-...nd-afghanistan

500K combined estimated deaths, which include civilians, combatants, and international forces over more than a decade.

Trump has 200K domestic deaths alone in less than a year, which is far, far higher than the combined deaths of American servicemembers in both wars combined.

I wonder what he'll do if we give him another 4 years? And that's not counting deaths from military actions taken under Trump, or the continued death toll from both wars under his watch. That's just the coronavirus deaths.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Wait, are you not an American?
    Nope, he's just a "concerned" European Trump supporter.

Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    Trump endorses Rapists.

That far left radical Francisco de Bobadilla even arrested Columbus! THE RADICAL LEFT HAS TIME TRAVELERS NOW!

But for real, what Columbus was doing was seen as abhorrent even in his own time.

Also Lief was the first European to discover America.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    We're really arguing which is worse? A puppeteered mass murderer or an incompetent mass murderer? Republicans sure know how to pick them; "independents" sure know how to let them.