1. #58221
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    And the Democrats platform is force people to wear a stupid mask, raise taxes and bash Trump and republicans. They have no plans unless they arent announcing them because they know we will hate it
    Oh the irony....

    Trump still owns the biggest tax increase ever on US citizens thanks to Tariffs.
    Still waiting for those healthcare, infrastructure, etc etc plans.
    "The American people should have a voice in the selection of their next Supreme Court Justice. Therefore, this vacancy should not be filled until we have a new president," - McConnell
    Karma 1 Trump 0 -Feel as bad for trump as trump did for Hillary- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iIBw-_0T6I

  2. #58222
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    His example is Chaz, from months ago...
    Did someone say Chaz?


  3. #58223
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Why haven’t you provided evidence of even 1 death during a PEACEFUL protest? Still waiting kiddo.
    By definition it isn't peaceful if people die. But you know there can be 1 guy get his head smashed in for being a fascist 1 block away from a peaceful demonstration while the 3rd block has nike shops being lifted and on the 4th block a retired black police officer gets shot by some more intense protesters fighting against injustice..

  4. #58224
    Immortal Thepersona's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Puerto Montt, Chile
    Posts
    7,322
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    I think we should just take a moment to remind ourselves of exactly what we stand to witness here.

    Donald Trump in televised room with no live audience to play off of or appeal to, after four years in office with nothing to show for it, just after the NYT dropped a story exposing him as one of the most indebted tax frauds in American history.

    Not gonna lie I personally wouldn't be showing my face in that situation either. Doesn't seem winnable.
    With the backdrop of a deadly pandemic, in which he witheld information and lied to the public, in order to maintain wall street happy (and i suspect, his hotels afloat).
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker



  5. #58225
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    We all pay too much in taxes. Taxes were initially instituted to pay for national defense and to build infrastructure (railways and roads) and that is what they should still be used for. We should ALL be paying less than 10% of our income in taxes. There should be no welfare (corporate or personal), there should be no foreign aid, there should be no grants, government funded research,or donations, there should be government healthcare. People should be responsible for themselves
    750 dollars is too much on a couple hundred million in income?

    If people should be responsible for themselves then we should do away with the military and just give everyone a tank!
    "The American people should have a voice in the selection of their next Supreme Court Justice. Therefore, this vacancy should not be filled until we have a new president," - McConnell
    Karma 1 Trump 0 -Feel as bad for trump as trump did for Hillary- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iIBw-_0T6I

  6. #58226
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    solve coagula
    Posts
    52,496
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    By definition it isn't peaceful if people die. But you know there can be 1 guy get his head smashed in for being a fascist 1 block away from a peaceful demonstration while the 3rd block has nike shops being lifted and on the 4th block a retired black police officer gets shot by some more intense protesters fighting against injustice..
    4 blocks... ey? That’s what this meant:

    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    I can link you a hundred videos and articles. It isn't worthy though because you're so deep inside your echo chamber you've probably already watched them and scuffed at them as being irrelevant.

    It's very sad watching from the outside how tribal this is.
    210000 dead to virus Trump lied about, because he needed to panic people for the election.
    As above, so below.
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    That which is Below corresponds to that which is Above, and that which is Above corresponds to that which is Below, to accomplish the miracle of the One Thing.

  7. #58227
    Immortal Thepersona's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Puerto Montt, Chile
    Posts
    7,322
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    By definition it isn't peaceful if people die. But you know there can be 1 guy get his head smashed in for being a fascist 1 block away from a peaceful demonstration while the 3rd block has nike shops being lifted and on the 4th block a retired black police officer gets shot by some more intense protesters fighting against injustice..
    You still have not provides any evidence. I will do the @Breccia treatment and challenge you. You have 12 hours (i'm not that kind) to provide any decent evidence for your claims.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker



  8. #58228
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    solve coagula
    Posts
    52,496
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    You still have not provides any evidence. I will do the @Breccia treatment and challenge you. You have 12 hours (i'm not that kind) to provide any decent evidence for your claims.
    Oh come on... if we keep him talking, we can narrow this down from a US problem, to a couple of blocks. But, there will be hundreds of videos and articles...

    @tikcol what’s the math in that? More than 25 videos and articles per block? Was Anita Sarcisian on one of those blocks or something?
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-09-29 at 05:40 PM.
    As above, so below.
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    That which is Below corresponds to that which is Above, and that which is Above corresponds to that which is Below, to accomplish the miracle of the One Thing.

  9. #58229
    Merely a Setback Breccia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    27,840
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Not gonna lie I personally wouldn't be showing my face in that situation either. Doesn't seem winnable.
    There's a scene in The Boys where, to avoid spoilers as much as possible, a metahuman tears up two out of three bad guys and the third just offs himself.

    Trump has three choices. #2 is to continue the fight and likely be torn up. #3 is to refuse to show, which is declaration of cowardice and failure. Techincally he could show up prepared and win (option #1) but he'd have to bring kryptonite, by which I mean "cherry-picked facts Biden doesn't have responses to". Which is going to be tough. The trick is
    a) they have to be true (or fact-checking ruins everything)
    b) they have to be something Biden doesn't have a quick response for, but
    c) they also have to be meaningful. Trump might say, fictional example, that the median household income of elementary school principals grew 4.5% and well above the past few years. Um, okay, so what? That's too niche to be useful. For every specific ag product that might be doing better in 2020, I can name five that dropped in 2019.

    It's not enough to bring a kryptonite bullet, you also have to hit the target. And Trump has proven he hates doing any kind of work or reading.

    You're right, it doesn't sound winnable. It's possible, but I don't like those odds. So now it's risk assessment. How sure are you, that the metahuman is not just going to kill you, but also do so far more painfully than a gun to the chin? Yes, yes, Trump could be trying to set the stage where he forfeits but somehow still wins. Nobody's going to accept that -- not even his own rabid fanbase, though they'll pretend.

  10. #58230
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    First of all, Medicare isnt welfare. We pay thousands into it through the course of our working life. Ive paid at least $60,000 into it through 30 years of working. Secondly Id rather have kept that $60,000 and dissolve Medicare and pay for my own insurance
    Yes it is.

    42% of Medicare's funding last year came from non-Medicare employment tax sources.
    That means that everyone in the country is helping 60 million seniors pay for Medicare above and beyond the employment taxes meant to fund it.
    You know the same place "welfare" programs are funded.

    Unfortunately 60,000 will not cut even half the cost of your Medicare over your lifetime unless of course you die before you hit 65-67.


    BTW people pay thousands every year in taxes. Those taxes fund welfare. Thus they are "paying into the system" and when they need it they are getting back some of what they paid in.
    "The American people should have a voice in the selection of their next Supreme Court Justice. Therefore, this vacancy should not be filled until we have a new president," - McConnell
    Karma 1 Trump 0 -Feel as bad for trump as trump did for Hillary- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iIBw-_0T6I

  11. #58231
    Merely a Setback Breccia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    27,840
    This just in: Biden has responded to Trump's challenge.

    "He agreed to a drug test?"

    Fuck no. He released his taxes.

  12. #58232
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Boy wouldn't it just be a chad move if Biden just agreed to being frisked on stage as long as Trump did the same.
    I have heard that twice and no clue what it means.

    What is a "Chad" move? I say this as a guy named Chad.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

  13. #58233
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    solve coagula
    Posts
    52,496
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    There's a scene in The Boys where, to avoid spoilers as much as possible, a metahuman tears up two out of three bad guys and the third just offs himself.

    Trump has three choices. #2 is to continue the fight and likely be torn up. #3 is to refuse to show, which is declaration of cowardice and failure. Techincally he could show up prepared and win (option #1) but he'd have to bring kryptonite, by which I mean "cherry-picked facts Biden doesn't have responses to". Which is going to be tough. The trick is
    a) they have to be true (or fact-checking ruins everything)
    b) they have to be something Biden doesn't have a quick response for, but
    c) they also have to be meaningful. Trump might say, fictional example, that the median household income of elementary school principals grew 4.5% and well above the past few years. Um, okay, so what? That's too niche to be useful. For every specific ag product that might be doing better in 2020, I can name five that dropped in 2019.

    It's not enough to bring a kryptonite bullet, you also have to hit the target. And Trump has proven he hates doing any kind of work or reading.

    You're right, it doesn't sound winnable. It's possible, but I don't like those odds. So now it's risk assessment. How sure are you, that the metahuman is not just going to kill you, but also do so far more painfully than a gun to the chin? Yes, yes, Trump could be trying to set the stage where he forfeits but somehow still wins. Nobody's going to accept that -- not even his own rabid fanbase, though they'll pretend.
    Biden just needs to let Trump go on rants. “Speak softly and carry a big stick” should be the Biden tact... give Trump rope, then choke him with it... verbally... Although, if Biden lasso’s Trump during the debates, it would be a win...

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    I have heard that twice and no clue what it means.

    What is a "Chad" move? I say this as a guy named Chad.
    It’s kids slang for jock...
    As above, so below.
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    That which is Below corresponds to that which is Above, and that which is Above corresponds to that which is Below, to accomplish the miracle of the One Thing.

  14. #58234
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    I mean.. I can understand where people come from when they tell me the protests have been mostly peaceful with people respecting heath guidelines, etc.

    Asking me for proof while living in 2020 in front of a pc with access to the internet that there's been a lot of social unrest with pillaging, burning and deaths on the USA for a few months.. that's some next level dishonesty
    "a lot"

    damn son i guess you were not alive in the 1960-1970-1980-1990s if you think this is "a lot"

    You also do not really understand how tiny of a fraction it is, even if you add up both peaceful and violent protest.

    on top of all that violent protest are even a fraction of that tiny fraction.

    You are right, next level dishonesty.
    "The American people should have a voice in the selection of their next Supreme Court Justice. Therefore, this vacancy should not be filled until we have a new president," - McConnell
    Karma 1 Trump 0 -Feel as bad for trump as trump did for Hillary- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iIBw-_0T6I

  15. #58235
    Void Lord Elegiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Late Capitalism
    Posts
    51,409
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    I have heard that twice and no clue what it means.

    What is a "Chad" move? I say this as a guy named Chad.
    There's a lot of cultural context but the shortest answer it's slang derived from incel subculture and the belief that men can be divided into 'Virgins' or 'Chads' - so a 'chad move' is one that establishes your superiority and desirability as a mate, basically.
    "Multiculturalism has failed!" angrily types a person of European descent living in the Americas in a Germanic language using Roman characters on a device coded with Arabic numerals before leaving in a huff to go watch cartoons made in Japan.

  16. #58236
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    This is a Fox News debate to boot... imagine what happens in a couple of weeks, when it’s not Fox...
    my bet is he never shows up to another one after this one.

    i also put 10 bucks down on a 100-1 that he walks out of tonight's debate
    "The American people should have a voice in the selection of their next Supreme Court Justice. Therefore, this vacancy should not be filled until we have a new president," - McConnell
    Karma 1 Trump 0 -Feel as bad for trump as trump did for Hillary- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iIBw-_0T6I

  17. #58237
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    solve coagula
    Posts
    52,496
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    "a lot"

    damn son i guess you were not alive in the 1960-1970-1980-1990s if you think this is "a lot"

    You also do not really understand how tiny of a fraction it is, even if you add up both peaceful and violent protest.

    on top of all that violent protest are even a fraction of that tiny fraction.

    You are right, next level dishonesty.
    Can’t we all just get along? RIP...

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    my bet is he never shows up to another one after this one.

    i also put 10 bucks down on a 100-1 that he walks out of tonight's debate
    I think there are a few key words that would make Trump storm off, but I don’t think Biden will go for the jugular.
    As above, so below.
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    That which is Below corresponds to that which is Above, and that which is Above corresponds to that which is Below, to accomplish the miracle of the One Thing.

  18. #58238
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    I think there are a few key words that would make Trump storm off, but I don’t think Biden will go for the jugular.
    Yah, he is better off keeping trump there talking...lying...in the long run then getting him to storm off.
    "The American people should have a voice in the selection of their next Supreme Court Justice. Therefore, this vacancy should not be filled until we have a new president," - McConnell
    Karma 1 Trump 0 -Feel as bad for trump as trump did for Hillary- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iIBw-_0T6I

  19. #58239
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    "a lot"

    damn son i guess you were not alive in the 1960-1970-1980-1990s if you think this is "a lot"

    You also do not really understand how tiny of a fraction it is, even if you add up both peaceful and violent protest.

    on top of all that violent protest are even a fraction of that tiny fraction.

    You are right, next level dishonesty.

    Even if 1 person was killed during a riot caused to protest the death of another, it is 1 too many.

  20. #58240
    Merely a Setback Breccia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    27,840
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    I don’t think Biden will go for the jugular.
    I disagree. Biden's a brawler. This isn't "save all your CDs for Phase Three". This is "kill the motherfucker right now". He will exploit every opening Trump gives him, rather than hoping there'll be another one later. If Trump leaves or cancels other debates, again, that's a Biden victory. In boxing, it's a KO if the other boxers chooses not to get up during the ten-count. They don't need to be unconscious to lose.

    Trump admits he's lost if he leaves or flakes out. The only realistic reason he'd do that, is if he believes the beating he takes will be worse than merely losing. I think he's more likely to just ignore time limits and whose turn it is and just start shouting over everything Biden says, like a fucking toddler, daring Wallace to put him in his place, before he actually concedes and walks out.

    But boy is it a close call.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •