Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://nypost.com/2020/09/29/eric-t...gbt-community/

Don't worry, LGBTQ+ community, Eric ain't one of yours and remains resolutely heterosexual.

He's clarified his remarks to state that he was sharing an indicative anecdote of what his LGBTQ+ friends say.
    And he also struck out the B. I'm unsure if he considered T, Q and +.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    The thing that bothers me is that if masks don't work, why the hell do surgeons and nurses wear them?

its great for the skin!

- - - Updated - - -

damn that's going to be awkward tonight.

Biden’s return shows that he and his wife, Jill, made $944,737 in taxable income last year and paid $299,346, or a 31% tax rate, in federal income taxes

299,346 - 750 = oh shit.

Harris and her husband, attorney Doug Emhoff, reported $3,018,127 in taxable income, the majority of it via Emhoff’s partnership at the global law firm DLA Piper. They paid federal income taxes of $1,185,628, or an effective tax rate of 39%

1,185,628 - 750 = fuck fuck fuck.....

In 2016 and 2017, Biden paid far more in taxes than Trump did, despite making nowhere near as much money.

In 2016, the Bidens paid $87,000 in federal income taxes on income of $338,000. That year, Trump paid $750.

The following year, the Bidens paid $3.7 million in federal income taxes on earnings of just over $11 million. The same year, Trump paid $750.

YIKES, HOLY DAMN
    "The American people should have a voice in the selection of their next Supreme Court Justice. Therefore, this vacancy should not be filled until we have a new president," - McConnell
    Karma 1 Trump 0 -Feel as bad for trump as trump did for Hillary- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iIBw-_0T6I

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    The thing that bothers me is that if masks don't work, why the hell do surgeons and nurses wear them?

- - - Updated - - -

It's almost as if institutionalized racism is a real thing . . .
    Your first reply, yeah Trump supporters don't understand science, that is pretty clear.

And it wasn't really surprising with your 2nd post, because they are all up in arms about this Parscale arrest.

I just thought this guy was funny:
    https://twitter.com/AugustTakala/sta...51420421566472

But then you look at his pinned Tweet, that he apparently removed:
    https://twitter.com/zakcancio/status...085632/photo/1

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    I can link you a hundred videos and articles.
    I'd settle for fifty.
    “There you stand, the good man doing nothing. And while evil triumphs, and your rigid pacifism crumbles to blood stained dust, the only victory afforded to you is that you stuck true to your guns.”

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    There is plenty of science that says the masks are useless too but youll just claim they are from right wing lying doctors without even reading the studies. Additionally they cause many people to have headaches and hypoxia and for people like me who have asthma and COPD it makes it very hard to breathe while wearing one. But if you want to read them here they are:

https://www.rcreader.com/commentary/...-social-policy

https://www.maciverinstitute.com/202...d-of-covid-19/
    You're free to your unique opinions but please don't post such misinformation.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Your first reply, yeah Trump supporters don't understand science, that is pretty clear.

And it wasn't really surprising with your 2nd post, because they are all up in arms about this Parscale arrest.

I just thought this guy was funny:
    https://twitter.com/AugustTakala/sta...51420421566472

But then you look at his pinned Tweet, that he apparently removed:
    https://twitter.com/zakcancio/status...085632/photo/1
    Man, the victim complex, ignorance, and stupidity of all this is physically painful.

Yep, I lost a friend of over 30 years as well. Because my friend listened to that dumbass Hitler Defending bitch Candace Owens. He said I had "white privilege" for not listening to her racist rant of George Floyd. He wasn't all that political until the virus hit and he was literally out of work because of it because he is a manager at a restaurant. Tried to educate him, but then he started posting Trump bullshit. So I know kinda how you feel.
    I lost a friend over this too. Had been friends for 16 years. He’s not even American. He’s as brown as I am, born and brought up in India. But I suppose the alarm signs were always there. He wrote an essay in 2005 on why Donald Trump was an ace mogul. He was ambivalent about supporting Trump until COVID. Now it’s China Virus, FOX is the truth and QAnon is a real thing because ‘you never know’ and Trump is a ‘great leader’. He’s rich, lives in the US on an ‘investor’ visa funded by his Dad. Does bugger all but research conspiracy theories and blame everyone for Trump’s issues. It’s really odd. But I’m glad not to be around it, because it’s just toxic as fuck. Not gonna do that to myself.

Man, the victim complex, ignorance, and stupidity of all this is physically painful.
    The lack of self awareness is staggering.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    I lost a friend over this too. Had been friends for 16 years. He’s not even American. He’s as brown as I am, born and brought up in India. But I suppose the alarm signs were always there. He wrote an essay in 2005 on why Donald Trump was an ace mogul. He was ambivalent about supporting Trump until COVID. Now it’s China Virus, FOX is the truth and QAnon is a real thing because ‘you never know’ and Trump is a ‘great leader’. He’s rich, lives in the US on an ‘investor’ visa funded by his Dad. Does bugger all but research conspiracy theories and blame everyone for Trump’s issues. It’s really odd. But I’m glad not to be around it, because it’s just toxic as fuck. Not gonna do that to myself.
    Yeah, I wish I could kinda rub it in his face after it came out that Trump knew that the virus was dangerous, but he doesn't talk to me anymore, blocked me on Facebook and lives a few states over.

Dude. It's like... There's a movement that decries police brutality, and ask for having people other than them attending those events.
    He's almost there, almoest seeing the light...
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

The lack of self awareness is staggering.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, I wish I could kinda rub it in his face after it came out that Trump knew that the virus was dangerous, but he doesn't talk to me anymore, blocked me on Facebook and lives a few states over.
    We haven’t blocked each other. I just made the personal decision to stop staying in touch. He’s probably claiming that Trump didn’t want to ‘cause panic cos he’s a good leader’. ‘Stay in your home. It’s fine. The fire will not burn your flat!’ *Cinder*

What I find funny is that Twitter seems to be blowing up over Trump's personal fluffer Ratcliffe declassifying a document, that they claim says that Hillary Clinton made up the whole Russian hacking thing with Trump and Russia colluding.

Even though we have the Republican led Senate Intel Report that directly contradicts this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    We haven’t blocked each other. I just made the personal decision to stop staying in touch. He’s probably claiming that Trump didn’t want to ‘cause panic cos he’s a good leader’. ‘Stay in your home. It’s fine. The fire will not burn your flat!’ *Cinder*
    Oh, yeah, no my friend went full Trumptard and blocked me because I called Candace Owens a Hitler Defending Bitch because she is. He said I had "white privilege" for not listening to that bitch about her stuff about the George Floyd incident. He started sharing Trump stuff on his page, and I gave him sources that directly refuted everything he posted, and he ignored it.

What I find funny is that Twitter seems to be blowing up over Trump's personal fluffer Ratcliffe declassifying a document, that they claim says that Hillary Clinton made up the whole Russian hacking thing with Trump and Russia colluding.

Even though we have the Republican led Senate Intel Report that directly contradicts this.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, yeah, no my friend went full Trumptard and blocked me because I called Candace Owens a Hitler Defending Bitch because she is. He said I had "white privilege" for not listening to that bitch about her stuff about the George Floyd incident. He started sharing Trump stuff on his page, and I gave him sources that directly refuted everything he posted, and he ignored it.
    Fuck that guy. My friend denied the facts I gave him as well. I just backed off and walked away when he said, ‘Fox is the only honest media agency left’.

https://twitter.com/NatashaBertrand/...41870634586114

Because the assessment was rejected as having no factual basis.

Man, the US government is officially getting into the misinformation game. Wonder if Ratcliffe is chatting with colleagues at the Kremlin for pointers.

Man, the US government is officially getting into the misinformation game. Wonder if Ratcliffe is chatting with colleagues at the Kremlin for pointers.
    Ratcliffe is just Devin Nunes lite. They’re both cunts.

I think this was the big bombshell that Lady G was trying to say was going to be a game changer. And that is fucking funny that even the Republicans were like, nah, this is bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    Everyone needs to stay on topic. This thread is to relate to Trump, not a dumping ground every politicized recent event.
    Additionally, don't help disingenuous posts derail your own discussion.
    Dont mods often state that things loosely related to Trump or the election belong in the megathreads?

Mod Edit: The appropriate mega-threads. This prevents further derailing whether intentional or not.
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-09-30 at 01:32 AM.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

I think this was the big bombshell that Lady G was trying to say was going to be a game changer. And that is fucking funny that even the Republicans were like, nah, this is bullshit.
    I fully anticipate this being a Trump attack angle during the debates tonight, and part of the reason the release was timed to this afternoon was either part of that planning/a reaction to the NYT piece on Trump's taxes.

Trump lost control of the media narrative with the taxes and is desperately trying to claw it back.

I fully anticipate this being a Trump attack angle during the debates tonight, and part of the reason the release was timed to this afternoon was either part of that planning/a reaction to the NYT piece on Trump's taxes.

Trump lost control of the media narrative with the taxes and is desperately trying to claw it back.
    Wouldn't surprise me. But I fully expect Biden to hammer home the taxes thing over and over.

A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Wouldn't surprise me. But I fully expect Biden to hammer home the taxes thing over and over.
    If he is smart, he will pick something that isn't in the current news cycle, and beat Trump over the head with it. Something that makes people uncomfortable about Trump. Like his low opinion of the Troops. The more he gets Trump defending himself on that, the more likely it is for Trump to get all flustered and say something confirming it. Likewise he could hit him on his Sexual assault charges, or his complete failure to save coal, or basically anything that isn't in the cycle.

Trump is used to controlling the narrative, and knowing what the conversation will be. Throw old shit in his face, touch as many nerves as you can. Trump has no self control.
    "We have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China. We have it under control. It’s going to be just fine." DJT- Jan 22, 2020
    "And again, when you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that’s a pretty good job we’ve done." DJT- Feb 26, 2020
    “It’s going to disappear. One day — it’s like a miracle — it will disappear.” DJT- Feb 27, 2020

My hope is that he leans into populism, because it’s all Trump has and his is the embodiment of the elite targeted by populism. I think his Park Ave vs Scranton is a preview...
    As above, so below.
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    That which is Below corresponds to that which is Above, and that which is Above corresponds to that which is Below, to accomplish the miracle of the One Thing.