1. #58501
    Over 9000! PhaelixWW's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Washington (né California)
    Posts
    9,043
    What a SHITSHOW...

    Trump's new favorite covid advisor, Dr. Scott Atlas, has been "censored" (/s ) by Twitter. Atlas, it should be pointed out, is not an immunologist, an epidemiologist, or even a public health expert. He's a radiologist. Oh, and he's a Trump yes-man, which is honestly the only reason anyone is even bothering to read his tweets on covid.

    Forbes: Twitter Removes Tweet From Top Trump Covid Adviser Doubting Mask Effectiveness

    I won't even bother posting the article itself. You know all you need to from this title.


    "The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

    --Alexandre Dumas-fils

  2. #58502
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    The best part is Trump would have to be in protective custody and be virtually in isolation for security reasons, if he's put in jail. Can you imagine how mad that'd make him?

    FWIW, I don't think he'll see jail time, even if convicted of tax fraud. White collar criminals generally have the lightest sentencing ever, he can probably escape with house arrest in Trump Tower, if NY still wants his dumb ass.
    I could see him getting house arrest instead of actual jail time because of the issues surrounding protecting a former President in jail.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

  3. #58503
    The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    34,588
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    The best part is Trump would have to be in protective custody and be virtually in isolation for security reasons, if he's put in jail. Can you imagine how mad that'd make him?

    FWIW, I don't think he'll see jail time, even if convicted of tax fraud. White collar criminals generally have the lightest sentencing ever, he can probably escape with house arrest in Trump Tower, if NY still wants his dumb ass.
    It would be fantastic - and I agree, he won't see actual jail time, but rather house arrest - and that would be about the same as jail for him. Never leaving. Never traveling.

  4. #58504
    How about actually first making sure Biden wins? This will all be a gigantic waste if Trump doesn’t lose, which is still highly possible.

  5. #58505
    Old God Captain N's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    New Resident of Emerald City
    Posts
    10,991
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    It would be fantastic - and I agree, he won't see actual jail time, but rather house arrest - and that would be about the same as jail for him. Never leaving. Never traveling.
    So he'll have to endure what his failure at leadership during COVID-19 has done and will again do to the population of the country? I see nothing wrong with this.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

    I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

  6. #58506
    Void Lord Breccia's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    40,218
    Panicked and desperate, Trump calls Biden's family corrupt and criminal and leads a chant of "lock him up".

    Forgeting, of course, that the family facing criminal charges is his.

  7. #58507
    Scarab Lord Zaydin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    FL, USA
    Posts
    4,670
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    How about actually first making sure Biden wins? This will all be a gigantic waste if Trump doesn’t lose, which is still highly possible.
    Possible, sure, but I'm not so sure about the 'highly possible' part. Five Thirty Eight currently gives Trump a 12 in 100 chance of winning. Pollsters corrected their models for the errors in 2016 and the odds of them being wrong again two elections in a row seems slim.

    That being said I am still terrified that he might win again somehow. I won't rest easy until Joe Biden is sworn in if he wins, god willing.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

  8. #58508
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    That being said I am still terrified that he might win again somehow. I won't rest easy until Joe Biden is sworn in if he wins, god willing.
    This is the bit really for me. I’m not going to rest easy until it’s completely done. And I’m not even American. I just know full well the damage a second Trump term will do on the world.

  9. #58509
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    That being said I am still terrified that he might win again somehow. I won't rest easy until Joe Biden is sworn in if he wins, god willing.
    Until the votes are counted I'm not celebrating. There are still plenty of ways for the GOP and their lackeys to fuck the process between now and November. I want to see MORE early voting happening and more mail-in votes being verified. It's going to take a record-breaking turnout in several battleground states to overcome the USPS fuckery, voter suppression and voter intimidation in the works.

  10. #58510
    Scarab Lord Zaydin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    FL, USA
    Posts
    4,670
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    This is the bit really for me. I’m not going to rest easy until it’s completely done. And I’m not even American. I just know full well the damage a second Trump term will do on the world.
    For what it's worth, Trump has an extremely steep battle to have a chance at winning according to 270 to Wins Consensus Electoral Map.

    Like I said, I'm not going to rest easy until Biden takes office. I already cast my vote here in Florida; dropped my mail in ballot off at my counties election supervisors office last Saturday and got confirmation on Tuesday that it got counted.
    Last edited by Zaydin; 2020-10-19 at 12:48 AM.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

  11. #58511
    The Unstoppable Force Belize's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Gen-OT College of Shitposting
    Posts
    21,992
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    Like I said, I'm not going to rest easy until Trump takes office.
    Um


    Typo there.

  12. #58512

  13. #58513
    Scarab Lord Zaydin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    FL, USA
    Posts
    4,670
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Um


    Typo there.
    Bleh, I'm too anxious/nervous for my own good. Fixed it.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

  14. #58514
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    For what it's worth, Trump has an extremely steep battle to have a chance at winning according to 270 to Wins Consensus Electoral Map.

    Like I said, I'm not going to rest easy until Biden takes office. I already cast my vote here in Florida; dropped my mail in ballot off at my counties election supervisors office last Saturday and got confirmation on Tuesday that it got counted.


    Assuming it goes down to the proper wire, this is the least Biden needs to win.

  15. #58515
    Void Lord Breccia's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    40,218
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    I mean, there's a fine line between "attacking someone by going their family is ruthless" and "Trump's family are also criminals and freely attacking so it's fair game".

  16. #58516
    Merely a Setback Kaleredar's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    phasing...
    Posts
    25,781
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Until the votes are counted I'm not celebrating. There are still plenty of ways for the GOP and their lackeys to fuck the process between now and November. I want to see MORE early voting happening and more mail-in votes being verified. It's going to take a record-breaking turnout in several battleground states to overcome the USPS fuckery, voter suppression and voter intimidation in the works.
    As I've said before, we've not heard anything about votes being tossed out en masse or any of their attempted voter suppression amounting to anything. No stories of people being turned away from polls or dozens of ballot boxes being dumped.

    Which I presume is good news; unless Trump and his lackeys really pulled up their big-boy evil pants to work in the background sight unseen, they've never been able to accomplish any of their attempted ratfuckery in silence or anonymity, and I presume that means that any that is going on is small and ineffective... so far, at least.


    But I definitely share the sentiments of others here. I wont chalk anything up as a victory until Biden is being sworn in.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

  17. #58517
    The Unstoppable Force Belize's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Gen-OT College of Shitposting
    Posts
    21,992
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    [img] https://i.ibb.co/ZfHcS9R/D2-E29-D52-...B97-A7-AEB.jpg[/i]

    Assuming it goes down to the proper wire, this is the least Biden needs to win.
    Preferably more than this to avoid any kind of court fuckery.

    Biden needs to have a clear and decisive win.

  18. #58518
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I mean, there's a fine line between "attacking someone by going their family is ruthless" and "Trump's family are also criminals and freely attacking so it's fair game".
    Is the latter. They’re dripping with corruption. I think Meghan McCain’s fucking scum but I wouldn’t have advocated going after her in 2008 because her Dad was a good man and she’s not a criminal.

    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Preferably more than this to avoid any kind of court fuckery.

    Biden needs to have a clear and decisive win.
    Aye, that’s the least he needs. He’s ahead in other states I painted red just for the model.

  19. #58519
    Over 9000! PhaelixWW's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Washington (né California)
    Posts
    9,043
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    Aye, that’s the least he needs. He’s ahead in other states I painted red just for the model.
    This is basically what you mean; I've marked the toss-up states, all of which are in play for the Democrats (even Texas). Trump would have to win them all and even steal one of the other blue states in order to take this election.



    "The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

    --Alexandre Dumas-fils

  20. #58520
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    As I've said before, we've not heard anything about votes being tossed out en masse or any of their attempted voter suppression amounting to anything. No stories of people being turned away from polls or dozens of ballot boxes being dumped.

    Which I presume is good news; unless Trump and his lackeys really pulled up their big-boy evil pants to work in the background sight unseen, they've never been able to accomplish any of their attempted ratfuckery in silence or anonymity, and I presume that means that any that is going on is small and ineffective... so far, at least.


    But I definitely share the sentiments of others here. I wont chalk anything up as a victory until Biden is being sworn in.
    There is already a confirmed gigantic slowdown of the USPS which impacts mail-in voting. It WILL result in some votes not being counted because they'll get through the system too late. That's already a given. It's why I'm happy to see so many people voting at the earliest opportunity and why it needs to continue. In record numbers.

    There have also already been Trump supporters blocking people from voting. In the case of what happened in Virginia they were eventually coerced to leave by local law enforcement. Will it happen that way all over the nation--specifically in those places where LEOs have been more supportive of Trump? Hard to say, but I doubt it. In this election in particular I will not take it for granted that instances like these will always be resolved peacefully or in a manner timely enough to prevent the disenfranchisement of many voters. The GOP and Trump supporters KNOW they can not win this election fairly. I will not rest easy until Biden has a comfortable lead at the end of November 3rd, and even then I'll be a little on edge until everyone outside of the Trump family acknowledges that Trump fucking lost.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •