1. #58661
    Pandaren Monk masterhorus8's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    1,797
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    isn't hydrosonoic what they did to the car in Grease?

    - - - Updated - - -



    well technically his campaign is supposed to pay for the flight if its to a campaign related thingy, but we know the law and order party will follow up to make sure....right? right?
    For what it's worth, he's not using the 747 Air Force One right now, or at least wasn't on Sunday and likely Monday. So it's only slightly cheaper for us tax payers?
    10

  2. #58662
    Over 9000! PhaelixWW's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Washington (né California)
    Posts
    9,043
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I was going to post this CBS News article about Ohio, but it mostly turned into individual accounts like this one:
    "There's an increasingly growing gap with suburban women," Miller said. "And, you know, it is so much harder to run as the incumbent. It's very easy to run as, 'I am something different, I see you. I'm going to help you.'"
    I mean... what the fuck? It's quite literally the opposite. Incumbents have huge advantages when it comes to re-election. They have a pre-established voter base, allowing them to focus on bringing in new voters. They have a public platform with which to stump more readily. They have more name recognition with constituents. They get more news cycles than any opponent. They even have an easier time fundraising, which naturally has a synergistic effect on funding more targeted adds at undecideds. Plus, people in general are worried or nervous about change.

    The only reason Trump is having so much of problem while being the incumbent is because he's so damn bad at his job.


    "The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

    --Alexandre Dumas-fils

  3. #58663
    People have begun noticing that Melania Trump has been absent - now it's explained as due to lingering cough caused by covid:

    https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wire...id-19-73716606

  4. #58664
    Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    People have begun noticing that Melania Trump has been absent - now it's explained as due to lingering cough caused by covid:

    https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wire...id-19-73716606
    Did Trump not get her the same treatment he got? I thought he promised everyone would get that treatment for free?

    Hey, if this cough lingers maybe she won't have to bother with Christmas decorations. Because really, who gives a fuck about Christmas? I don't care. Do u?

  5. #58665
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    isn't hydrosonoic what they did to the car in Grease?

    - - - Updated - - -



    well technically his campaign is supposed to pay for the flight if its to a campaign related thingy, but we know the law and order party will follow up to make sure....right? right?
    I half wonder if the hydrosonic stuff is some half heard stuff he got from a briefing that got jumbled up on him. I know there has been some work on very fast torpedos and his brain worms may just be jumbling it all up into a mush on him.

  6. #58666
    Over 9000! PhaelixWW's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Washington (né California)
    Posts
    9,043
    Quote Originally Posted by kaid View Post
    I half wonder if the hydrosonic stuff is some half heard stuff he got from a briefing that got jumbled up on him. I know there has been some work on very fast torpedos and his brain worms may just be jumbling it all up into a mush on him.
    We get enough "what he meant was", I'm not sure we really want to dive even further down into "what his brain was mixing up when he said".


    "The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

    --Alexandre Dumas-fils

  7. #58667
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    I actually disagree with this - I think shutting off all his social media accounts post-conviction is the exact right thing to do.
    1. Freedom of Speech protects the rights of assholes to spout bullshit diatribes, and absent crimes where social media is a factor (cyberstalking, etc) the state doesn't have a compelling interest to restrict that speech that would hold up to strict scrutiny.

    2. I seriously doubt he can make it through the inauguration without tweeting something horrible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.

  8. #58668
    Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    I raise you a Randy Rainbow.
    I raise you Tom McGovern.

    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

  9. #58669
    Merely a Setback Adam Jensen's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Sarif Industries, Detroit
    Posts
    29,064
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Did Trump not get her the same treatment he got? I thought he promised everyone would get that treatment for free?

    Hey, if this cough lingers maybe she won't have to bother with Christmas decorations. Because really, who gives a fuck about Christmas? I don't care. Do u?
    TBF, do we really need period trees this year? Or ever?

    Putin khuliyo

  10. #58670
    Void Lord Breccia's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    40,213
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Incumbents have huge advantages when it comes to re-election.
    Maybe some do. But Trump literally ran as an outsider, and people defend him as "not a politician" to this day.

    In this specific case, of course, Trump cannot run on his own record. Trump has a lot of explaining required, which he will not do. Hence, fleeing from the debates like a whiny little bitch.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I thought he promised everyone would get that treatment for free?
    He promised seniors. And be honest, do you expect Trump to remain married to a woman who looks senior?

  11. #58671
    The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    34,586
    Quote Originally Posted by Antiganon View Post
    1. Freedom of Speech protects the rights of assholes to spout bullshit diatribes, and absent crimes where social media is a factor (cyberstalking, etc) the state doesn't have a compelling interest to restrict that speech that would hold up to strict scrutiny.

    2. I seriously doubt he can make it through the inauguration without tweeting something horrible.
    I was speaking if he was a convicted felon. At that point he loses those rights.

    (love your sig)

  12. #58672
    Merely a Setback Adam Jensen's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Sarif Industries, Detroit
    Posts
    29,064
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Maybe some do. But Trump literally ran as an outsider, and people defend him as "not a politician" to this day.
    Oh hi Kirstie Alley

    - - - Updated - - -

    So some whiny General Hospital has-been came out in support of Alley's pro-Trump stance and . . . it's pretty pathetic.

    https://www.foxbusiness.com/media/an...ing-trump-2020

    We're voting for someone you're not voting for. We're voting for no socialism, we're voting for protecting our borders, to make our lives a lot better, [and] lowering taxes.
    For the ten millionth time, Joe Biden is not a socialist, he's not going to open the border and he's not raising taxes on most of us. Maybe this Antonio Sabato guy. But he's rich so he'll be fine.

    Then we have this:

    Hollywood is always bullying us. This is out of control
    Typical right wing victimhood.

    And of course, the only answer to political bias in the media is . . . more political bias in the media:

    In July, Sabato announced plans to start a conservative movie studio, saying he feels there's a void in Hollywood that he believes his projects will fill.

    “If you want to make movies about good police officers, [Hollywood] will not allow that to happen so I’m creating this so we can make movies about America and our patriotism for our flag and our country,” Sabato told Fox Business.
    First of all, there are dozens of Hollywood movies about good police officers. Again, more victimhood and nonsense. Secondly, why is it always, when a right winger sees bias in something, to recreate it with bias from the right? Like . . . why not try to make an unbiased thing?

    Boo hoo Antonio Sabato.
    Putin khuliyo

  13. #58673
    Void Lord Breccia's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    40,213
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    "we're voting for protecting our borders"
    Hey Deux Ex MMO-china, how many miles of new Wall have been built where there was no Wall before?

    And also, how do you feel about augmented questions?

  14. #58674
    Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    People have begun noticing that Melania Trump has been absent - now it's explained as due to lingering cough caused by covid:

    https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wire...id-19-73716606
    Trump told me to dominate COVID. If his wife can't do it, how am I suppose too?
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

  15. #58675
    Void Lord Breccia's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    40,213
    If a presidentially supported bill clears the House at some point we’ll bring it to the floor
    -- Mitch McConnell, Trump's lapdog bitch

    Yep, that's some craven bootlicking right there.

    So I guess the question is, is there any chance whatsoever that Pelosi and Trump will not just agree on a bill, but also, get it to the Senate before the election? And would the Senate have any chance at all of voting before the election?

    McConnell knows Trump sold him out. He knows he has two options, both bad. One, sigh and sign whatever Pelosi sends him. Two, break ranks with Trump. He probably didn't see this coming, but too bad.

  16. #58676
    Merely a Setback Adam Jensen's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Sarif Industries, Detroit
    Posts
    29,064
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Hey Deux Ex MMO-china, how many miles of new Wall have been built where there was no Wall before?

    And also, how do you feel about augmented questions?
    Five whole miles
    Putin khuliyo

  17. #58677
    Void Lord Breccia's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    40,213
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    And for added fun, SCOTUS might strike down the funding. At best, Trump can get a "win" which is the status quo -- stealing money from other military projects because the Wall is National Security Lol. At worst, he can have his biggest campaign promise torn into shreds right before the election.

  18. #58678
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    If a presidentially supported bill clears the House at some point we’ll bring it to the floor
    -- Mitch McConnell, Trump's lapdog bitch

    Yep, that's some craven bootlicking right there.

    So I guess the question is, is there any chance whatsoever that Pelosi and Trump will not just agree on a bill, but also, get it to the Senate before the election? And would the Senate have any chance at all of voting before the election?

    McConnell knows Trump sold him out. He knows he has two options, both bad. One, sigh and sign whatever Pelosi sends him. Two, break ranks with Trump. He probably didn't see this coming, but too bad.
    Depends how desperate Trump is. If he just full on caves and then some to pelosi it could happen short of that I don't know.

  19. #58679
    Void Lord Breccia's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    40,213
    Quote Originally Posted by kaid View Post
    Depends how desperate Trump is. If he just full on caves and then some to pelosi it could happen short of that I don't know.
    Right, but that's part of the problem. If Trump full-on caves, and says "anything Pelosi wants she gets" McConnell might oppose that purely on image and principle.

  20. #58680
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    I was speaking if he was a convicted felon. At that point he loses those rights.

    (love your sig)
    I thought he keeps them if under house arrest, rather than in prison.

    At any rate, I think the over/under on Twitter banning him before the FBI or NY State Police take his phone away is pretty good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •