Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    Potus is positive. I repeat, POTUS is positive
    Thoughts and prayers.

Elemental Lord
    Quote Originally Posted by Eviscero View Post
    His personal doctor? Would that be Dr. harold Bornstein, the admitted liar who lets Trump dictate his health status? Or would that be Sean Pm Coneley whose statement says he "received information that Trump tested positive"? Odd way to put it, don't you think?

Then again, it makes sense Hope Hicks would be the vector, since Trump probably played fast and loose with interacting with her since he wants nothing more than to bury his chode in her.

Send your prays he really does have it and for slow and painful deaths for all of these vile of human beings.
    yes, that's exactly why i'm saying to believe it. cause i believe they would lie and say he didn't have it even if he did. them saying he does have it, like why lie? what does it get? his cultist don't even think it exists.

Then again, it makes sense Hope Hicks would be the vector, since Trump probably played fast and loose with interacting with her since he wants nothing more than to bury his chode in her.
    Dude that's not very nice. Trump would never fuck the First Daughter of the United States. He's saving his dick for First Lady of the United States Ivanka Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Flower Milk View Post
    There is no way he survives COVID.
    Trump has the best medical care on the planet. No way he dies from this.

It could realistically put him down for a while.

"It affects virtually nobody," Trump says of the coronavirus, which has now killed 200,000 Americans and counting https://t.co/qHrZvUWNhX
    We will see how nobody fares.
    “There is a cult of ignorance in the United States…. [It is] nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that ‘my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.’”

-Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post

For a few weeks to a month and a half.
    Hey @Breccia, you know what happens in about a month? And how do you feel about leading questions?
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post

Might be the best thing possible for his reelection efforts (him being put down for awhile).

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    The bot replies are amazing.
    I can't read whatever the fuck language that is, but I'm seeing a lot of Simpsons screen shots, goat heads, two Dave Chapelles and a Mr. Popo.

I don't know what the bots are smoking, but I'm going to order some.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    yes, that's exactly why i'm saying to believe it. cause i believe they would lie and say he didn't have it even if he did. them saying he does have it, like why lie? what does it get? his cultist don't even think it exists.
    It gets him 1) sympathy, 2) a fake recovery that 2a) makes him look strong and/or 2b) downplays the threat of the virus, and 3) stops the media from talking about his horrible debate performance and the fact that he's a white supremacist.

Seems like a lot to gain to just stay inside for 14 days.

Study Finds ‘Single Largest Driver’ of Coronavirus Misinformation: Trump
    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/30/u...formation.html

This story broke today. Oh the irony.
    “There is a cult of ignorance in the United States…. [It is] nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that ‘my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.’”

-Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Might be the best thing possible for his reelection efforts (him being put down for awhile).
    I honestly think that if he's put down for a while, then its curtains for him.

If Trump somehow survives it then I won't believe he actually had it and was just some ploy to get people to take it less seriously or something. There is no way he survives COVID.
    I've seen less healthy people (like my grandfather) survive covid. Fat chance our POTUS dies from the virus considering his healthcare quality will be 2nd to none.

As others stated, his inevitable recovery from the virus will only give him ammo to use for sympathy and/or strength.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Elemental Lord
    It gets him 1) sympathy, 2) a fake recovery that 2a) makes him look strong and/or 2b) downplays the threat of the virus, and 3) stops the media from talking about his horrible debate performance and the fact that he's a white supremacist.

you think he wants to stay inside for 14+ days really? really? no he wants to do rallies to feed his ego. he wants to play golf cause he loves that probably more than he loves ivanka. I do not believe Trump is capable of playing 4d chess to fake this and lose everything he loves to do, even for a couple weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    I've seen less healthy people (like my grandfather) survive covid. Fat chance our POTUS dies from the virus considering his healthcare quality will be 2nd to none.
    People far healthier than trump have died of it too. Quality of care only amounts to so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/30/u...formation.html
    Study Finds ‘Single Largest Driver’ of Coronavirus Misinformation: Trump
    This story broke today. Oh the irony.
    Holy hell that's hysterical.

I donth think it will get him simpathy. It will show him as a weak person, that failed and lied to the public.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    you think he wants to stay inside for 14+ days really? really? no he wants to do rallies to feed his ego. he wants to play golf cause he loves that probably more than he loves ivanka. I do not believe Trump is capable of playing 4d chess to fake this and lose everything he loves to do, even for a couple weeks.
    And yeah, that is a really solid point. He can't stop the love fest COVID-19 super-spreader events. And 14 days of him sitting in front of the tv watching people mock him - the tweet-rages will be epic.

If Trump somehow survives it then I won't believe he actually had it and was just some ploy to get people to take it less seriously or something. There is no way he survives COVID.
    the mortality rate is a lot higher for older individuals with comorbidities, but unless he is already suffering from some form of pneumonia or clotting issues, he still has a better chance of living than dying.

Also, to the people worried that this will make him sympathetic, it won't. Sympathy isn't a given because something bad has happened to a person, that person has to first be of the quality that people can find them sympathetic. A man who whines about people constantly being unfair to him, constantly belittling everyone, and consistently downplaying the severity of COVID-19 is not a sympathetic person. People are growing weary of Trump, even his supporters (I was eavesdropping in on a Trumper discussing how well Trump did in the debate, and he was not surprisingly singing the praises of how Trump owned Biden, but he did mention unprovoked that he could have done without all the interrupting and that it was very off-putting).

But Trump wouldn't see it that way. Trump would see it as weakness. And Beanman's point is spot on - Trump couldn't give up what he loves doing the most, he never has, and he never will.

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    you know what happens in about a month? And how do you fe--
    Yeah yeah.

Honestly, I'm sticking with this. Nobody wants to be the doctor who broke the bad news to the next President, even if the news is "Don't worry, Mr. Pence, Trump won't fuck up the next two debates."

If the positive quick result is accurate, they'll basically seal him in a Walt Disney level cryochamber and force vitamins into any opening that isn't speaking. Nobody is going to be better treated in the next however many days than Trump.

This will cost him rallies and, yes, the fact that he's now quarantined with a case of the disease he handwaved will cost him. I disagree with some of my fellow posters: he will not garner sympathy, for he's the man who showed none. There is nobody in America who is undecided, but will be swayed to vote for Trump because Trump is sick. Nobody. People who care about the life of other people, because they're good people and not because they follow a religion already voting for Trump, tend to have negative feelings about people who kill two hundred thousand then shrug.

This is the time to press the attack.

This is the time to go to America and tell them your plan on how to fix this mess, without fear of being shouted over.

This is the time to attack Trump on his failures in diplomacy, in economics, in his personal life, and hope that some PAC points out the medical stuff so you don't get your hands dirty.

This is the time to get his taxes.

Full court press. Blitz. Zerg rush. Gates of Orgrimmar. Fire blue particle cannons full, red particle cannons full, gannet magnets fire them left and right, and let ‘em run all chutes. Give him both barrels. Burn it down and salt the earth. No survivors.

The man who ruined the debates by pretending to be strong could spend a few days bed-ridden with what he called the flu. There won't be another chance like this.