10+ Year Old Account
    Taking on Google wasn't enough of an obstacle for Trump. Now he's being sued by Wal-Mart.

Apparently, Wal-Mart doesn't like the implication they were handing out prescriptions like candy and are suing the DoJ/DEA to block actions against them.

Man, can you imagine fighting both Google and Wal-Mart at the same time? You'd barely have time to go golfing!

(Trump went golfing twice last weekend)

- - - Updated - - -

The NYTimes reports that voters have started getting threatening "vote for Trump, or else!" emails.

The address claims the emails are from the Proud Boys. Turns out, they're actually from Iran and Russia.

Any casual glance at the emails shows they are clearly obvious junk/scam emails. But I'll tell you this, very little would make an undecided voter more likely to vote for Biden, than being told Russia, or Iran, or the Proud Boys, want you to vote for Trump.

- - - Updated - - -

STAHL: "You promised that there was gonna be a new health package.

TRUMP: "Yeah."

STAHL: "You said it was gonna be great, you said it'll be ready, it'll be here in two weeks, it was gonna be like nothing you've ever seen before...and of course we haven't seen it...so why didn't you develop a health plan?"

TRUMP: "It is developed. It is fully developed, it's going to be announced very soon, when we see what happens with Obamacare, which is not good. And...when we see what happens with Obamacare.

STAHL: "But...if the Supreme Court...

TRUMP: "And it will be much less expensive than Obamacare, which is a disaster, and it will take care of people with pre-existing conditions."

STAHL: "But your plan was to repeal & replace...and if the Supreme Court finishes Obamacare, there will be all these people stranded."

TRUMP: "No there won't. We will make a deal, and we have a great healthcare plan...

STAHL: "But you keep saying that..."

TRUMP: "...with less expensive, much less expensive, and a much better plan."

STAHL: "Why haven't we seen it?"

TRUMP: "You have seen it! I've been putting out pieces all over the place. And we actually have plans! And we have...180 million people, right now, have a plan. And you haven't been watching. You haven't been watching."

STAHL: "But...what about the pre-existing...people with pre-existing conditions...if the Supreme Court...

TRUMP: "...are protected! Will be totally protected!"

STAHL: "But...how??"

TRUMP: "They'll be protected!"

STAHL: "How?"

TRUMP: "I mean, people with pre-existing conditions are going to be protected..."

TRUMP: "...as they are now!"

TRUMP: "...In any plan we do, they will be protected. Leslie...people with pre-existing conditions will be always protected. Always"

STAHL: "But if the Supreme Court ends this...Obamacare..."

TRUMP: "...we'll have to see what happens! It's got a ways to go...we'll see what happens...I think it'll end...I hope that they end it! It'll be so good if they end it!"

STAHL: "But if they end it..."

TRUMP: "...because we will come up with a plan..."

STAHL: "Will?..."

TRUMP: "...yes, we will!"

STAHL: "...but you said..."

TRUMP: "We have large sections of it already done! And we've already come up with plans! Take a look at...your...various Secretaries! Various plans we've already come up with! And also...you know, a large part of this country is on private health insurance. 180 million people. And under that...Biden...he doesn't have any clue...but under that, 180 million people will lose their healthcare. And they'll go to socialized medine. And that's not gonna be acceptable. 180 million people, Leslie, will go to socialized medicine. It will all be...it will not e acceptable."

STAHL: "...and if the Affordable Care Act is determined to be unconstitutional..."

TRUMP: "...then we're gonna have a new, and it's gonna be very good, and..."

STAHL: "But you keep saying that and you don't show it to us, and so people with pre-existing conditions..."

TRUMP: "We've come up many plans, Leslie! And they're already in existence. I'll tell you what...after this interview, I will show you short term, long term, longer term, I'll show you different plans! We've come up with many plans! And we've cut the individual mandate out. You know, the individual mandate is done. That was the worst part of Obamacare, it's gone."

STAHL: "OK...on all of that...I grant you...but if...if there's no plan...a replacement plan...and the Supreme Court says that Obamacare goes away...people with pre-existing conditions will be stranded. That's just a fact!"

TRUMP: "It's new! A new plan will happen!"

STAHL: "But when? "Will?'"

TRUMP: "We will do anything...will? It is!..we will do anything on no plan unless we have pre-existing conditions covered. And the individual mandate, which you don't want to mention, was terminated. It was terminated! Individual mandate was terminated. That was the biggest thing that happened...and that actually makes Obamacare...not Obamacare. Because under that, you would pay a fortune for the privilege of not having to pay for bad health insurance! We got it terminated. Terminated! Through the legislature side. Done! That means Obamacare is no longer Obamacare. We got rid of the most important element of Obamacare and it was the worst element of Obamacare that nobody wanted, nobody liked! So Obamacare was essentially terminated as we know it. Now, we have the carcass of Obamacare..."

STAHL: "But part of the carcass is..."

TRUMP: "Well...Leslie, we managed it well. You know, I had a choice to make. When we get rid of the individual mandate...nobody thought we could do it, and we did it...do I manage the remainder of whatever's left of this whole thing called Obamacare, which is no good, do I manage it well or do I manage it badly? If I manage it well...maybe politically that's not good. I decided to manage it well."

STAHL: "But...do you want to leave it?"

TRUMP: "No, I don't want to leave it. I wanna see what happens. Here's what happens...we may be stuck with it if we lose in the Supreme Court...in which case, we've wasted a lot of words. If we win, we will come up with--and we will do that--a much better healthcare for much less money while always protecting people with pre-existing conditions."
    I can't help but wonder why Trump is so afraid to talk about the health care he says he's already given so many people.

So you know what that means, 24-hour challenge.

Trump supporters, including @lockedout @Hammerfest @Ghostpanther @GreenJesus @Thwart and others, Trump seems adamant that "look at your Secretaries!" is all you need to find the health care he's already delivered. You have two categories:

1) Bills that he signed into law, and
    2) Executive orders

Trump seems to think he's done so much for so many, so I think I'm being pretty generous when I say "name three".

Special note: announcements of policy or opinions are not health care. They are plans to eventually create health care. I need to see changes that actually happened and actually did things.

Failure to come up with three means Trump is lying, but at least you tried.

Failure to come up with anything is admission you are a coward.
    Last edited by Breccia; 2020-10-22 at 11:12 PM.

Man, I'm tired of media trying to remain neutral. If Trump is going to treat them as the opposition party and ignore agreements they made, treat him as the same. Go fucking nuclear on his ass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Man, I'm tired of media trying to remain neutral. If Trump is going to treat them as the opposition party and ignore agreements they made, treat him as the same. Go fucking nuclear on his ass.
    I have to admit, there's a certain nonlogic to attacking media sources after spending $55 million on TV ads.

oops posted in wrong thread.

INB4 @Benggaul gives the bad news, we hit record high here in illinois. New high which was previously just set just last week, Bulk of the population is in Chicago, overwhelming bulk of the cases is Surburban Chicago and southern state. Not to say it isn't bad here in Chicago, it is, we've gone from an avg of 300 new cases just 3 weeks ago to 600, and our mayor putting in more restrictions on restaurants and bars and curfews on non essential businesses. Don't think it's enough. When the state was in phase 3, we had it under control. stage 4 has been a catastrophe.

Fuck you Trump Virus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Fuck you Trump Virus.
    If you call it Trump’s virus, it’s factually true... It is the virus he had... make it possessive and it’s more difficult to complain.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    @Breccia
    Yep, Apparently now there is a report that the emails were going around Ukraine with a price tag of $5 million, trying to get them to the Trump campaign.
    https://www.businessinsider.in/polit...w/78802604.cms

The business insider links to the Time article, but I don't think the $5 million was mentioned in the Time article.
    I wonder which expenditure column that $5M fell into in his campaign accountancy....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    I wonder which expenditure column that $5M fell into in his campaign accountancy....
    The "Try to unfuck this" column.
    Stormy was paid from this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    "Bribes for information", right next to his expenses to Putin and Wikileaks.

So, before people go get engrossed--accent on the "gross"--in the debates in half an hour (over in the General Election thread), can I ask someone to try to look up Missouri's COVID-19 numbers for today? I haven't been able to access them in a couple days and I can't go to any local sites because I'm geo-blocked (yes, even through "Incognito mode"). It's looking like they've been delayed again like they were yesterday (I still don't know yesterday's) and it's getting irritating trying to ferret them out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    can I ask someone to try to look up Missouri's COVID-19 numbers for today?

Bear in mind, the NYTimes uses different numbers than you, but that upward path for all three issues isn't something you can blame on that.

So, before people go get engrossed--accent on the "gross"--in the debates in half an hour (over in the General Election thread), can I ask someone to try to look up Missouri's COVID-19 numbers for today? I haven't been able to access them in a couple days and I can't go to any local sites because I'm geo-blocked (yes, even through "Incognito mode"). It's looking like they've been delayed again like they were yesterday (I still don't know yesterday's) and it's getting irritating trying to ferret them out.
    here are two links from local news.
    yesterday - https://fox2now.com/news/coronavirus...tional-deaths/1244 cases 26 deaths
    today -https://fox2now.com/news/coronavirus...apacity-at-33/ 1854casees 16 deaths

both with the caveat of
    Please keep in mind that not all cases and deaths recorded occurred in the last 24 hours.
    edit geoblocked put in the numbers
    Last edited by beanman12345; 2020-10-23 at 12:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Bear in mind, the NYTimes uses different numbers than you, but that upward path for all three issues isn't something you can blame on that.
    Thank you! I tried using that map just a few moments ago and it keeps telling me they only had 500-something new cases which I know is bullshit. Even refreshing the page isn't changing it for me. If my normal sources haven't updated properly by report time I'll just use these.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    here are two links from local news.
    yesterday - https://fox2now.com/news/coronavirus...tional-deaths/
    today -https://fox2now.com/news/coronavirus...apacity-at-33/

both with the caveat of
    Yeah, I'm not able to see these because of my location. A lot of localised US sites have not updated to reflect European laws about cookies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I'm not able to see these because of my location. A lot of localised US sites have not updated to reflect European laws about cookies.
    I’ve been using express VPN for a week... it’s solid. Just sayin...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Thank you! I tried using that map just a few moments ago and it keeps telling me they only had 500-something new cases which I know is bullshit. Even refreshing the page isn't changing it for me. If my normal sources haven't updated properly by report time I'll just use these.

- - - Updated - - -

saw that late sorry edited in the numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    I’ve been using express VPN for a week... it’s solid. Just sayin...
    Unfortunately between extra expenses due to my leg and some unexpected expenses the past 2-3 years paying for a VPN isn't something I can justify right now. But yes, I'm aware they exist.

In other news, looks like the Trump admin's penchant for getting rid of whistleblowers is traveling down the food chain.

Second whistleblower fired from Texas attorney general's office after accusing Ken Paxton of bribery

Several people in Paxton's office have reported shady activity to the police...but let's get rid of the people coming forth about it, I guess.

Debate starts in 6 mins but i have work in the morning and its nearly 2am here,

but good luck Americans, lets hope this time it isnt as much of a complete national embrassement for you guys.....

Unfortunately between extra expenses due to my leg and some unexpected expenses the past 2-3 years paying for a VPN isn't something I can justify right now. But yes, I'm aware they exist.

In other news, looks like the Trump admin's penchant for getting rid of whistleblowers is traveling down the food chain.

Second whistleblower fired from Texas attorney general's office after accusing Ken Paxton of bribery

Several people in Paxton's office have reported shady activity to the police...but let's get rid of the people coming forth about it, I guess.
    So uh...how many whistleblowers need to be fired before there's an independent/federal investigation?

Isn't that violating whistleblower protection laws to begin with?

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    So uh...how many whistleblowers need to be fired before there's an independent/federal investigation?

Isn't that violating whistleblower protection laws to begin with?
    Honestly would likely depend if it was a right to work state or not. And if they were making their complaint as a whistleblower (legal channels) opposed to just "gon go to the media". I'd also be curious at what the employer's specific handbook might say on the topic.

It came from Chyna and it's going away! Please believe me!

Quote Originally Posted by Radux View Post
    Honestly would likely depend if it was a right to work state or not. And if they were making their complaint as a whistleblower (legal channels) opposed to just "gon go to the media". I'd also be curious at what the employer's specific handbook might say on the topic.
    From the article:

Brickman and Mase were among seven top aides in Paxton’s office who alerted law enforcement weeks ago that they believed their boss had run afoul of the law. In internal emails obtained by the Tribune, they accused Paxton of using the power of his office to serve the financial interests of a donor, Nate Paul.
    Employment attorneys say by firing the employees who alleged he had broken the law, Paxton may be walking directly into a lawsuit for violating the Texas Whistleblower Act, which protects state employees from retaliation after they accuse their superiors of crimes.

“This situation looks like what the Texas Whistleblower Act was designed to prevent. And the timing looks bad,” Jason Smith, a North Texas employment attorney, told The Texas Tribune this week.
    Paxton has denied the allegations as false and dismissed the whistleblowers as “rogue employees.”