1. #60361
    The Undying Breccia's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    39,969
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Haha, comedy gold.
    Sorry, were you talking about "deplorables" or "LOCK HER UP!" Because I think you were talking about "LOCK HER UP!" which pre-dates the "deplorables" comment, and therefore, neuters your entire argument.

  2. #60362
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I mean, you say that after this whole Clinton's "deplorables" catch-phrase thing? That's rich.

    The blue side hardly has the moral superiority there. I think you guys and gals need to do a bit of soul searching there and figure out just where it really went wrong and how to fix this, instead of having this silly wheel of gloating going rotating every 4 years.
    The only thing Clinton got wrong was deplorable was not a strong enough word. The rest of the US should not have to cater to Trump supporters who live in a different reality.

  3. #60363
    Merely a Setback Adam Jensen's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Sarif Industries, Detroit
    Posts
    29,063
    Putin khuliyo

  4. #60364
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    He sure broke all records when it comes down to negative and bad things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

    Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

  5. #60365
    Quote Originally Posted by Azadina View Post
    Been hearing that for over a decade. Trumpkins went from 63 million to 71 million in 4 years. Where's the shrinking? Oh, relative to population you say? Well, we can hope, but I guess we can check that too -> US population in 2016: 323M. US population in 2020: 331M. Now, unless my math is off, it's an increase of roughly 2.5% in 4 years. Now, shall we compare the increase of Trumpkins in 4 years? 63M to 71M is....12.7% Or 5 times the increase compared to population in other words.
    I really wouldn't look to much into the increase in votes Trump had because at the same time Biden got 10M more votes then Clinton/Obama and 5M votes more then 2008 Obama.

    What you saw this election is a historic turnout and honestly it's to both sides credit. It's hard right now without having the polster look into this more on why they where off but I can imagine that allot of Trump voters showed up after all those news reports that showed historic early voting numbers, people that really wouldn't have shown up. Just look at Texas that had 2.6M more people voting this time.

    To me it looks like we just saw the total number of Republican voters, the bottom of the barrel if you will. People that would probably never voted this time voted.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by passingthrew View Post
    The only thing Clinton got wrong was deplorable was not a strong enough word. The rest of the US should not have to cater to Trump supporters who live in a different reality.
    Clinton got more things wrong.
    I mean her VP who even remembers him?

    Both Biden and Warren should have ran in 2016 instead both got intimidated by H. Clinton.

  6. #60366
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    the other
    Posts
    58,334
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Haha, comedy gold.

    Keep up the good fight then! I'll just stock on popcorn as usual.
    They claimed she was eating babies... what the fuck? She called the deplorable... that’s the least she can call them...

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by passingthrew View Post
    The only thing Clinton got wrong was deplorable was not a strong enough word. The rest of the US should not have to cater to Trump supporters who live in a different reality.
    She said half... that was the mistake...

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Sorry, were you talking about "deplorables" or "LOCK HER UP!" Because I think you were talking about "LOCK HER UP!" which pre-dates the "deplorables" comment, and therefore, neuters your entire argument.
    The lock her up chants were in part because they thought she ate babies... that’s not normal...
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-11-08 at 06:09 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

  7. #60367
    Immortal Poopymonster's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Neverland Ranch Survivor
    Posts
    7,103
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    The lock her up chants were in part because they thought she ate babies... that’s not normal...
    On #MAGA it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok


    If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

  8. #60368
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    I really wouldn't look to much into the increase in votes Trump had because at the same time Biden got 10M more votes then Clinton/Obama and 5M votes more then 2008 Obama.

    What you saw this election is a historic turnout and honestly it's to both sides credit. It's hard right now without having the polster look into this more on why they where off but I can imagine that allot of Trump voters showed up after all those news reports that showed historic early voting numbers, people that really wouldn't have shown up. Just look at Texas that had 2.6M more people voting this time.

    To me it looks like we just saw the total number of Republican voters, the bottom of the barrel if you will. People that would probably never voted this time voted.
    And what will you say in 2024 if god forbid, cultist votes are 70-75million, while the non cultist votes drop down to Hillary Clintons voting level? "woops, well shit"? The cult has been whipped to a frenzy the past 4 years. What guarantees do you have that they intend on giving up now, rather than keep on self radicalizing, much like they did during Obamas tenure?

    Short point is: democrats are far less reliable voters than cultists are. It might cost the very next election already.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    The lock her up chants were in part because they thought she ate babies... that’s not normal...
    Extremely ironic that it was Trump who was being injected and treated with "murdered babies". Just one more thing that's complete projection on their part. Also, it's the death of any pro-lifer excuses for being in it for the babies, rather than against womens rights. It's the most definitive nail on that coffin. Not a single "pro-lifer" could support Trump after, if they weren't lying about their agenda.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

    Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

  9. #60369
    Quote Originally Posted by Azadina View Post
    And what will you say in 2024 if god forbid, cultist votes are 70-75million, while the non cultist votes drop down to Hillary Clintons voting level? "woops, well shit"? The cult has been whipped to a frenzy the past 4 years. What guarantees do you have that they intend on giving up now, rather than keep on self radicalizing, much like they did during Obamas tenure?

    Short point is: democrats are far less reliable voters than cultists are. It might cost the very next election already.
    Time will have to tell; sometimes after a demagogue/populist losses an election, it can burst and lead to mass apathy amongst people.

    But it is likely it could be the same as under Obama, if Biden is lazy and doesn't actually do any improvement (which is a whole other discussion), that they'll then seek out yet another one that promises everything, and to make America great again, again.
    Formerly Howeller, lost my account.

  10. #60370
    Quote Originally Posted by Howel View Post
    Time will have to tell; sometimes after a demagogue/populist losses an election, it can burst and lead to mass apathy amongst people.

    But it is likely it could be the same as under Obama, if Biden is lazy and doesn't actually do any improvement (which is a whole other discussion), that they'll then seek out yet another one that promises everything, and to make America great again, again.
    Actually there's a greater problem. The US have three things that will potentially cause a recession: Trump Tax Cuts, Trump Trade Wars and Covid19. All three of those problems will come to a head within the next couple years. Biden, being a Democrat, will fix those problems but even if he does a good job there's a pretty good chance that he'll be blamed for them anyways. This could potentially cause a problem in 2022 where he could lose the House and not make any Senate gains. The GOP doesn't need a demagogue to get elected, they just need a toaster (ex Romney2012) that can point the finger at Biden.

  11. #60371
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    Actually there's a greater problem. The US have three things that will potentially cause a recession: Trump Tax Cuts, Trump Trade Wars and Covid19. All three of those problems will come to a head within the next couple years. Biden, being a Democrat, will fix those problems but even if he does a good job there's a pretty good chance that he'll be blamed for them anyways. This could potentially cause a problem in 2022 where he could lose the House and not make any Senate gains. The GOP doesn't need a demagogue to get elected, they just need a toaster (ex Romney2012) that can point the finger at Biden.
    my memory might be bad... didn't trump actually say something along the lines of him not having to deal with those problems because he wouldn't be in office by then?

  12. #60372
    Herald of the Titans D Luniz's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    The Coastal Plaguelands
    Posts
    2,950
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I mean, you say that after this whole Clinton's "deplorables" catch-phrase thing? That's rich.

    The blue side hardly has the moral superiority there. I think you guys and gals need to do a bit of soul searching there and figure out just where it really went wrong and how to fix this, instead of having this silly wheel of gloating going rotating every 4 years.
    so when she said

    You know, to just be grossly generalistic, you could put half of Trump’s supporters into what I call the basket of deplorables. Right?” Clinton said. “The racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamaphobic—you name it. And unfortunately there are people like that. And he has lifted them up.
    which group are you saying arent deplorable?
    The racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamaphobic?
    Which one should we not call a spade cause it hurts their feelings?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Resurgo View Post
    my memory might be bad... didn't trump actually say something along the lines of him not having to deal with those problems because he wouldn't be in office by then?
    I think I remember him saying that about the budget issues he was causing

    Edit:
    found it, he said that about the deficit explosion he and his GOP backers were causing

    Last edited by D Luniz; 2020-11-08 at 07:39 PM.
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

  13. #60373
    Quote Originally Posted by Resurgo View Post
    my memory might be bad... didn't trump actually say something along the lines of him not having to deal with those problems because he wouldn't be in office by then?
    GOP economic policies usually take some time for their problems to surface. Even if it happens when they’re in office, they’ll still blame the subsequent Dem administration for it.

  14. #60374
    The Undying Breccia's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    39,969
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    The lock her up chants were in part because they thought she ate babies.
    And pizzagate and Benghazi and had a stroke and got a rapist off and laughed in joy bla bla bla.

    Clinton was right to call Trump's supporters "deplorable". Anyone who says Clinton was in the wrong for name-calling, when Trump is on the menu, is not a genuine poster.

  15. #60375
    Quote Originally Posted by D Luniz View Post
    ...
    I think I remember him saying that about the budget issues he was causing

    Edit:
    found it, he said that about the deficit explosion he and his GOP backers were causing
    Ahh, thanks... definitely need to keep that one in the memory banks, because we all know what's going to come

  16. #60376
    The Undying Breccia's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    39,969
    Trump administration plans "flood" of sanctions on Iran by Jan. 20

    The Trump administration’s envoy for Iran Elliott Abrams arrived in Israel on Sunday and met Prime Minister Netanyahu and National Security adviser Meir Ben-Shabbat to discuss the sanctions plan.

    Abrams will meet on Monday with Minister of Defense Benny Gantz and Foreign Minister Gabi Ashkenazi to brief them on the plan.

    Abrams didn’t respond to a request for comment.

    The Trump administration believes such a “flood” of sanctions will increase pressure on the Iranians and make it harder for the Biden administration to revive the 2015 nuclear deal, the Israeli sources told me.

    Behind the scenes: In the last several weeks, the Trump administration — with the encouragement and assistance of part of the Israeli diplomatic and security establishment — has prepared a “target bank” of Iranian entities that will be sanctioned.

    Abrams said in a closed briefing several days ago that the Trump administration wants to announce a new set of sanctions on Iran every week until Jan. 20, a source who was privy to the briefing told me.

    The Israeli sources told me the planned sanctions are not connected to the Iranian nuclear program — such sanctions are more likely to be canceled by a Biden administration and open the door to reviving the 2015 nuclear deal.

    Instead, the goal is to impose sanctions on Iran that are connected to its ballistic missile program, Iranian assistance to terror organizations and Iranian human rights violations.
    Well, he's not bombing them. Iran can just wait it out while Trump flips the table.

  17. #60377
    The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,072
    Wouldn’t be surprised if trump decides to declare war on Iran by nuking them in an attempt to stay in power.

  18. #60378
    Quote Originally Posted by Rustedsaint View Post
    Wouldn’t be surprised if trump decides to declare war on Iran by nuking them in an attempt to stay in power.
    That wouldn't keep him in power. It would just be creating more shit for the Biden administration to clean up--so I wouldn't put it past him.

  19. #60379
    The Undying Breccia's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    39,969
    Quote Originally Posted by Rustedsaint View Post
    Wouldn’t be surprised if trump decides to declare war on Iran by nuking them in an attempt to stay in power.
    I'd said that, over and over, in the context of a few months ago.

    But I think, at this point, if he ordered such a strike, it's possible people would just, you know, not do it.

    "But the military follows orders or --"

    The military is fully aware what's going on. If a "nuke Iran" order comes out of nowhere, in these circumstances, they're not robots.

  20. #60380
    As President Trump is poised to return to life as a private citizen, an ailing family business in the midst of intense legal scrutiny — and a potential influx of television opportunities — await him. https://t.co/zYjKUiB6QQ
    https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1...633587719?s=19

    Admit I did not read the article. Does seem to me that Trump accomplished what he set out to do. He should be able to setup some type of media and profit off it.

    Would Trump ever vanquish Fox News. Likely not. Fox is basically an institution now and Trump crazier from right. I guess it's Trump and he could destroy it.

    Now people will talk about his crippling debts and legal matters. As a pessimist I can see this pretty much nothing but an inconvenience. As far as debts, if he can establish his media, the banks might settle for cents on the dollar. Him again being President might keep most of the legal problems away. No confidence from Biden pressing actions.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •