41,576 new cases, about 4k more than last Monday. I wasn't expecting that.

Texas: 3,819 new cases; 59 deaths
    California: 3,123 new cases; 31 deaths
    Tennessee: 2,489 new cases; 20 deaths
    North Carolina: 2,258 new cases; 3 deaths
    Illinois: 1,853 new cases; 14 deaths
    Wisconsin: 1,696 new cases; 4 deaths
    Michigan: 1,455 new cases; 15 deaths
    Fuck Florida.
    Kansas: 1,270 new cases; 8 deaths
    New York: 1,154 new cases; 18 deaths
    Utah: 1,105 new cases; 4 deaths
    Ohio: 1,071 new cases; 6 deaths

First of all fuck all of you for not at least giving me a courtesy laugh for my joke a couple pages back. You bastards. Anyway, this is the highest Tennessee has been since the end of July, North Carolina's beginning to hit their highs from that period as well, the Midwest keeps Midwesting and it seems New York is pretty much going to be a permanent fixture on the list again now. The second wave has begun in Europe and it's looking like it's sweeping along the US as well--though admittedly it's hard to tell in some spots because the US is still largely dealing with the first wave thanks to shitty leadership. A 4k jump on an underreport day isn't fantastic news. Last week we had an 8k jump on Tuesday so ideally I'd like to see it remain largely unchanged. If it jumps up again tomorrow compared to last Tuesday then we'll be heading back into 50k territory regularly.

Deaths were also higher than I anticipated, 423, meaning we hit 215k a day sooner than I expected. The total stands at 215,032. I'm still optimistic that we'll avoid hitting 1k daily totals this week but depending on how the next few days go in terms of cases the upward turn in deaths might also be happening sooner than I expected.

Related news:

Wisconsin's COVID-19 outbreak continues to grow--The positivity is still double the recommended amount meaning not enough people are being tested which in turn means there's likely a LOT more cases as yet undiscovered.
    Coronavirus worsens Arizona's teacher shortage --We already kinda knew this, but COVID-19 is exacerbating existing problems.
    White House COVID-19 outbreak shows the limits of testing; even the most accurate ones can miss the coronavirus early--For the "they get tested so they don't HAVE to wear masks!" crowd.

Stay safe, folks.
    Last edited by Benggaul; 2020-10-06 at 02:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fwc577 View Post
    There is a reality where Donald Trump dropped off the 2020 GOP ticket and ran 2020 as a Democrat and is criticizing all the bad stuff the Republicans did in the last 4 years.
    That's not an alternate reality, that's 2001 - 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenGoldSharpie View Post
    Hey guys, what's Trump's favorite band?
    Air Supply?

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    On TikTok?! She must be a Chinese spy!!
    She is a normal kid, that isn’t comfortable with all the shit she is getting right now.
    As above, so below.
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    That which is Below corresponds to that which is Above, and that which is Above corresponds to that which is Below, to accomplish the miracle of the One Thing.

Quote Originally Posted by For_The_Horde View Post
    Man, Giuliani looks like he's about to drop.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/rudy-g...-mask-advocacy
    Republicans are really going to fight masks until they all die of covid, aren't they?

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Air Supply?
    I swear to god Breccia...

I'd say "I'm wheezing" but that wouldn't be polite.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    Republicans are really going to fight masks until they all die of covid, aren't they?
    If Herman Cain's twitter account is an example, they might keep fighting them even afterwards.

"Multiculturalism has failed!" angrily types a person of European descent living in the Americas in a Germanic language using Roman characters on a device coded with Arabic numerals before leaving in a huff to go watch cartoons made in Japan.

Pit Lord

If only it were so easy.

Oh, and by all accounts Trump has ordered himself discharged. Neat. Hey Biden, you can turn the attack ads back on.
    Why?

Trump is smearing Trump far better than Biden ever could, and his positive commercials are completely off the wall AWESOME.

I watched just a little of his town hall. The bit I saw complemented his positive ads and presented him as forceful and knowlegable, and also someone who understands the needs of people in this country. And the part about Trump also being invited to do a Town Hall but so far not accepting the invitation was also a very strong anti-Trump ad in its own way.

Air Supply?
    weezer.....

Every time I seem him he gets more and more bronze.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Every time I seem him he gets more and more bronze.
    That's just his outer shell slowly vitrifying. Soon he will enter his chrysalis and begin his final metamorphosis.
    "Multiculturalism has failed!" angrily types a person of European descent living in the Americas in a Germanic language using Roman characters on a device coded with Arabic numerals before leaving in a huff to go watch cartoons made in Japan.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    That's just his outer shell slowly vitrifying. Soon he will enter his chrysalis and begin his final metamorphosis.
    So what you're saying is...this isn't even his final form?

Oh, and by all accounts Trump has ordered himself discharged. Neat. Hey Biden, you can turn the attack ads back on.
    He did.
    https://twitter.com/JoeBiden/status/...092997125?s=19

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    So what you're saying is...this isn't even his final form?
    America 2020 is being directed by Ryan Murphy so yes, expect the twist in the final act to be the killer bees that were foreshadowed earlier in the year being instrumental him achieving ascension as the incarnation of Barry Goldwater that can only be sealed away with the power of K-Pop.

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    Those tweet replies from Trumpers are aggravating.

I want those people to lose in November. I want them to lose so fucking badly.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    Those tweet replies from Trumpers are aggravating.

I want those people to lose in November. I want them to lose so fucking badly.
    Happy October 5th, by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    WOW that's a powerful ad.

I can't even step away for a AQ20 raid and he is tweeting dangerous info.
    “There is a cult of ignorance in the United States…. [It is] nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that ‘my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.’”

-Isaac Asimov