The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Yeah actually I can because it’s true. The left likes to go after the right about social distancing, but the left has protests, riots, and parades. I definitely can “both” sides this. Everyone on both sides of the aisle is responsible for Covid running rampant.
    Patently false - you cannot "both" sides this at all. Remind us again who fucked up the entire response to this pandemic? And which party/group enabled that fuck up, over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again? In the face of objective science.

The only way you can "both" sides this is if you embrace ignorance and side with liars and grifters. Let us know what you choose.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Biden is calling for a mask mandate. He has no authority at this time, and the states that don't have one won't listen. "Coincidentally" these states also had a large proportion of in-person voters.
    While I am glad that a record number of citizens were able to cast their vote this election, it would make sense that the polling stations would add on to the COVID spread. Even those who are infected and coughing their lungs out have the right to cast their vote.

Again, I am never against voting but there are simple causes and effects.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Even those who are infected and coughing their lungs out have the right to cast their vote.
    I agree. It's called absentee ballots.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree. It's called absentee ballots.
    To be fair, it's possible to get sick after the deadline to request an absentee ballot but before election day.

Also to be fair, we could move to 100% mail-in voting and it wouldn't be a problem.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    To be fair, it's possible to get sick after the deadline to request an absentee ballot but before election day.
    True. But then, a few states (cough NY cough) let EVERYONE mail their vote.

10+ Year Old Account
    True. But then, a few states (cough NY cough) let EVERYONE mail their vote.
    Some states *cough Washington cough* do even better. We're already 100% mail-in voting.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    125,689 new cases, about 36k more than last Monday. For a Monday that's bad news.

New York: 3,662 new cases; 32 deaths
    Colorado: 3,553 new cases (new record); 14 deaths
    Connecticut: 3,338 new cases (new record); 27 deaths
    Washington: 2,365 new cases (new record); 24 deaths
    New Jersey: 2,357 new cases; 10 deaths
    Utah: 2,247 new cases; 2 deaths

We spiked this last week to a new record after doing so freaking well the last 3 months.

Sigh, just ran out got my hair cut. said fuck it told them to buzz it on #2 since it will most likely be my last haircut still spring. Was also my first haircut outside of a friend buzzing it (bastard moved to PR last month).
    Got my supplies for the long winter haul

Thanks for doing this and keeping up with it, it helps drive the point home!
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    Sigh, just ran out got my hair cut. said fuck it told them to buzz it on #2 since it will most likely be my last haircut still spring.
    Shave it, coward! You won't.

Sigh, just ran out got my hair cut. said fuck it told them to buzz it on #2 since it will most likely be my last haircut still spring. Was also my first haircut outside of a friend buzzing it (bastard moved to PR last month).!
    Jokes on COVID, I bought clippers years ago and have been buzzing my whole head to a 0.5(1.5mm) every two weeks since. Saved a lot of money honestly, $50 Wahl clippers have lasted all this time with just basic cleaning/oiling.

10+ Year Old Account
    hmm so that makes what, 100% of his non white administration whom have tested positive for Covid?
    No there's also . . . um . . . there's . . . uh . . .

Huh.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Trump wanted Esper to order active duty military to maintain order (Insurrection Act) at the White House and on the streets when people were protesting. Esper refused, Trump got mad.

Link: https://www.militarytimes.com/news/y...-to-the-force/

Link: https://www.defensenews.com/pentagon...ry-of-defense/
    Not fucking surprising.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...not-washington

Not sure if this was posted yet, but the vaccine Pence was claiming credit for was funded by Germany, not the US. So thank you, Germany.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Shave it, coward! You won't.
    After my winter beard, I'm going back to shaving my head all year. I think I'd look a touch silly with no hair but a full beard. I also don't trust me to even out the sides between sideburns and hair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had considered going back through this thread for a "worst of the worst" list. Who knows, I may yet do that.

However, it's fun when someone does the work for you.

GQ lists the top 50 worst things, I put the timer at #10. It's not an exhaustive list, other than the fact it was exhausting to live through, and you might not agree with the order 100%. But, if any Sea Lion out there were to ask "I don't support Trump, but did he really do anything all that bad?" just grab a handful from the list and shove it right up their virtual ass.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    So thank you, Germany.
    I am shocked, shocked I tell you, to learn Germany took COVID seriously and focused on science.

Wait, no, not shocked. What's the word...relieved.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably not a real thing. But now Trump fans are saying Trump should become a governor, and then they all move to that state...

Maximun Copium

I wondering, which state do you hate the most and wish for them to takeover?

Me, I'm ready to completely write off Kentucky.
    Government Affiliated Snark

Sigh, just ran out got my hair cut. said fuck it told them to buzz it on #2 since it will most likely be my last haircut still spring. Was also my first haircut outside of a friend buzzing it (bastard moved to PR last month).
    Got my supplies for the long winter haul
    They just reopened hairdressers and theaters here. I'm just waiting for the crowds to die down and the weather to improve, and I'm finally going to get my Corona mop cut off. What a relief it'll be. Also I can start watching all those crappy movies I've been unable to see.

Melbourne fought long and hard to get to this point, and our outbreak was a tiny fraction the size as the US's. I honestly don't know if the US can stop it at this point, even if you got the whole country to pull their finger out and commit to a lockdown. Trump and all his Republican cronies have fucked the situation so badly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PresidentElectMilchschake View Post
    Probably not a real thing. But now Trump fans are saying Trump should become a governor, and then they all move to that state...

Maximun Copium

How about the middle of the Pacific Ocean, Ben Shapiro can tell them he leased it from Aquaman.

I can't wait for all these fucks to get to the "Trump who?" stage like they did with Bush Jr lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wondering, which state do you hate the most and wish for them to takeover?.
    I don't hate North Dakota, but their response to COVID makes them the ideal fit.

10+ Year Old Account

Maximun Copium

Send them all to Florida.
    The gators and the methheads will sort things out in no time.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Trump wanted Esper to order active duty military to maintain order (Insurrection Act) at the White House and on the streets when people were protesting. Esper refused, Trump got mad.

Link: https://www.militarytimes.com/news/y...-to-the-force/

Link: https://www.defensenews.com/pentagon...ry-of-defense/
    That was the root of the tension way back in April and May, not anything new. We don't know what specifics caused this firing, I highly suspect it is that Esper lobbied to begin transitioning (Since the DoD is a very complex organization to transition.)

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Yeah actually I can because it’s true. The left likes to go after the right about social distancing, but the left has protests, riots, and parades. I definitely can “both” sides this. Everyone on both sides of the aisle is responsible for Covid running rampant.
    We had protests here in Australia. Massive ones. Almost none of the community spread of the disease was ultimately tracked to protests though - people wore masks and practiced social distancing where possible - but also it's likely that (a) the demographic that attends protests isn't likely to carry a case to the protest and (b) protests are not conducive to their spread. Almost all of our cases came from a failed quarantine policy for overseas arrivals, as it turns out.

So I'm not going to say protests can't exacerbate the spread, but the data seems to indicate they aren't a major factor.

Also you can't conflate the riots with the protests. Riots are an uncontrolled reaction to a breakdown of law and order. Ultimately the authorities are responsible for riots.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.