Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    What are you talking about? Military Generals will follow their chain of command, but they aren't going to be crowning Trump king. Or President.
    - - - Updated - - -
    No. Absolutely not.
    That's good news! pfew. Don't know enough about the workings of the military.

Quote Originally Posted by Mifuyne View Post
    What are the chances the military generals will do what Trump tells them to do?
    After the way he has denigrated the military, including the war dead? Next to none.

Besides, the military is sworn to defend the constitution, not the president.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mifuyne View Post
    Keep him in his cozy seat in the white house.
    Unsure if a coup is even possible, that's why I'm asking.
    NPR: Gen. Mark Milley Says The Military Plays 'No Role' In Elections
    As the presidential election looms, Gen. Mark Milley, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, tells NPR's Morning Edition that the military plays no role in politics, and that he has complete trust in America's institutions to manage election disputes.

"We have established a very long 240-year tradition of an apolitical military that does not get involved in domestic politics," Milley told NPR's Steve Inskeep on Sunday.

Milley's comments represent the first time he has addressed the potential for a disputed election in depth in an on-the-record interview.

"We, the U.S. military, we are sworn to obey the lawful orders of our civilian leadership," he said. "And we want to ensure that there is always civilian leadership, civilian control of the military, and we will obey the lawful orders of civilian control of the military."

This comes as politicians prepare for the possibility of a contested election. President Trump has suggested that he might not accept the results if he is not declared the winner. He has made baseless claims about voter fraud being widespread. Voter fraud is actually extremely rare.

Milley, who has said in statements to Congress that he wants to stay out of all election disputes, tells NPR that he is "very confident in the resilience of the American institutions and the American government and the American people's adherence to the principles of rules of law."

"This isn't the first time that someone has suggested that there might be a contested election," Milley said. "And if there is, it'll be handled appropriately by the courts and by the U.S. Congress. There's no role for the U.S. military in determining the outcome of a U.S. election. Zero. There is no role there."

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

We shall see

[Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-11-11 at 04:05 AM. Reason: Infraction for text now removed
    RRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEE

Quote Originally Posted by JustinJgh View Post
    *deleted since they deleted*
    You really need to cool it with this shit.
    Last edited by Benggaul; 2020-11-11 at 05:42 PM.

I suggest you delete your post, but it’s probably too late. Don’t be surprised if you just perma’d yourself. RIP

delete this post
    Do it. If you dont wanna be perma banned.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Say whatever you want but it's the truth. I prefer not to raise children in an authoritarian dictatorship and by this family merely existing the threat of that will always exist.

Just wait until someone smarter than Trump comes along. The blueprint has been laid out before us.

You want democracy? You want a free country? We've got one option.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    You really need to cool it with this shit.
    If you're sensitive brain can't handle it, block me.

If you don't understand the prescidence that has been set you aren't really paying attention.

We have right wing news networks telling Trump supporters that a second Trump term is absolutely happening and they need to fight till the last drop of blood to see it through.

Sorry dude but there really is only one way to fix it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    With the election over and celebrations / protests winding down, hopefully the rate of transmission will decrease. I know I'm sure as hell being extra cautious here in MAGA country.

My big worry is that Trump is going to spend the next three months litigating over the election and firing people who don't bend the knee instead of dealing with the issues affecting the American people.

Which, let's be honest, wouldn't be too different from his standard MO.

I'm curious to see if Biden's team will be able to affect policy at all, or if we're gonna have to wait for his inauguration to start getting executive orders.

Meh its just a grifter grifting.
    He's raising as much money as he can for his own PAC slush fund that he will use for personal gain.

All one need to do is look at the fine print of his request for money.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

How is your horseshit any different from the lunatic ramblings of the good ol' boys hoarding their gunz because they think da gub'ment is going to come get them any day now?

There are serious problems with the political divide in this country. Problems that aren't going to be solved with "fuck it, kill 'em all!"

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post

How is your horseshit any different from the lunatic ramblings of the good ol' boys hoarding their gunz because they think da gub'ment is going to come get them any day now?

There are serious problems with the political divide in this country. Problems that aren't going to be solved with "fuck it, kill 'em all!"
    The damage is done bud. If you can't see the lines that have been drawn in the sand you need better glasses.

Go to YouTube and look up OAN. Go and watch for yourself the Trump party messaging that is being spewed out to all of his rabid supporters.

Maybe I'm wrong. But if you think a koombya circle and "coming together!" Is going to work in the age of social media echo chamber then you're also wrong.

The real solution?

Split the country up. Blue states join Canada. Red states can form JesusLand.

Make everybody happy.

135,574 new cases; about 41k more than last Tuesday. A new national record and the Tuesday record's been shattered.

Top 20:

Illinois: 12,623 new cases (new record); 82 deaths
    Texas: 12,212 new cases; 123 deaths
    California: 8,352 new cases; 65 deaths
    Wisconsin: 7,073 new cases (new record); 66 deaths (new record)
    Michigan: 6,944 new cases (new record); 84 deaths
    Ohio: 6,508 new cases (new record); 23 deaths
    Minnesota: 4,893 new cases; 23 deaths
    Indiana: 4,829 new cases; 67 deaths
    Fuck Florida.
    Pennsylvania: 4,322 new cases; 58 deaths
    Georgia: 4,319 new cases; 53 deaths
    New Jersey: 4,251 new cases; 22 deaths
    New York: 3,955 new cases; 26 deaths
    Iowa: 3,903 new cases; 23 deaths
    Colorado: 3,890 new cases (new record); 19 deaths
    Arizona: 3,434 new cases; 28 deaths
    North Carolina: 2,582 new cases; 45 deaths
    Utah: 2,517 new cases; 11 deaths
    Massachusetts: 2,154 new cases; 21 deaths
    Kentucky: 2,079 new cases; 14 deaths

Nebraska continues to vex me by not reporting on time and Missouri's been doing the same a lot lately. So, since I can't report their numbers, I'll just link their Twitters and you can read the comments from the constituents of GOP Governors Mike Parson and Pete Ricketts. Enjoy.

Special mention: Wyoming: 1,232 new cases (new record); 13 deaths (new record) First time for Wyoming in the 1k+ club.

Texas and New Jersey have both hit numbers within their top 5 and both will likely be setting new records in short order. This isn't their first rodeo, but somehow I don't think even Texas is prepared for this one.

36 states had over 1k new cases today. Honestly, if the delta keeps increasing like this 170k by the end of the week isn't out of the realm of possibility. We'll also likely see an extra bump in a few days from Election day given the 10-14 day incubation period. The US as a whole is failing this response by every measure and hundreds of thousands more are going to die or be left with lifelong complications as a result.

1,345 deaths is over 150 more than last Tuesday and brings the total to 245,799. Texas continues topping the list but they're likely to have company in the 3-digit region soon enough.

Related news:

US sets new record for COVID-19 hospitalizations at more than 60,000--Another record, except this one will have more tangible consequences.

Transition delay hampers Biden’s ramp-up of Covid-19 response--Even once Trump is out of office his slaughter through inaction will continue.

28 Election Workers in Missouri's Second-Largest County Test Positive for COVID as State Reports Over 4,200 Cases--I think we're going to see a lot of these stories over the coming week.

Stay safe, folks.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, I'll block you for being an ass to me, but you'll likely be banned permanently for this. It's happened to several posters before. Don't get pissy with me for giving you fair warning.

10+ Year Old Account
    135,574 new cases; about 41k more than last Tuesday.

Nebraska continues to vex me by not reporting on time and Missouri's been doing the same a lot lately.
    Realistically, those two states will ultimately add another 7k or so onto today's already-ridiculous total.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Jesus, and we're not even really seeing the full effects of in-person voting yet, are we?

Fuck man, I'm getting increasingly more worried about needing to go out to the store and shit. CA's numbers aren't outrageous (especially not proportionally compared to most other states) and IIRC I'm not in a hotspot at all, but this shit still fuckin scares me.

Can it be January 20 with a group of competent adults leading the national response to a pandemic, yet? I know shit won't change overnight, but I just want some kind of hope at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Realistically, those two states will ultimately add another 7k or so onto today's already-ridiculous total.
    Maybe not that much, but certainly several thousand. But I decided not to artificially add to the total when the states fail to report because it tends to muddle things later when it gets corrected. I just note their absence.

10+ Year Old Account
    1,345 deaths
    Oh, shit. That's a huge jump. Matches what you said about hospitalizations, and completely refutes the "lol more testing" defense.

Maybe not that much, but certainly several thousand. But I decided not to artificially add to the total when the states fail to report because it tends to muddle things later when it gets corrected. I just note their absence.
    2182 for today's new case total here in NE. It's not a new high for us, but is the second highest day so far.

The state's covid dashboard for reference

Looks like Missouri came in at 4256 for today making the total for the US 142,012

Also, Gov. Ricketts and his wife entered quarantine today after covid exposure this weekend. Trying hard to avoid statements concerning his refusal to allow cities or counties to implement indoor mask mandates.
    Last edited by Tinfoy Lat; 2020-11-11 at 03:29 AM.

It probably would have been close to 5k between the 2 states, but really at this point it doesn’t matter. The fact that we broke a record on a Tuesday is a really bad sign for how things are accelerating. We’ve gone from Friday being the record setting day of the week, to potentially Tuesday through Friday all setting records. Given the delta between weeks, I think there is a real possibility for 170-180k this Friday, and we will likely be breaking into the 200k bracket next week already. I mean, even with my previous less pessimistic estimate of around a 30k increase per week we would have still reached 200k by Friday next week, but at this point, we should be smashing right through that barrier.
    Last edited by swiftowner; 2020-11-11 at 03:15 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Deaths are a lagging indicator. Expect 2K within 2 weeks.
    ...I do. I have for some time. It's just a senseless loss of human life that could have been prevented.

Trump wanted a good economy to help him get re-elected. It might have cost him the election. And, yes, an unimaginable number of civilians killed.

5+ Year Old Account
    Obviously so people are aware, do not make comments threatening anyone with violence.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."