Quote Originally Posted by Warning View Post
    Can't wait for January 20th. The day delusional Trump supporters will be forcefully ripped back into reality, and America can finally start real work on turning this crisis around.
    Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but that's not going to happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Can't wait for January 20th. The day delusional Trump supporters will be forcefully ripped back into reality, and America can finally start real work on turning this crisis around.
    Wouldn't count on it. They will just declare Mar a lago the new Executive Mansion, and keep worshiping "The true president".

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    Wouldn't count on it. They will just declare Attica Correctional Facility the new Executive Mansion, and keep worshiping "The true president".
    Fixed.
    /10

The delusion is deeper than you think, they honestly STILL think Trump is winning and will be the next president one way or another.

(taken from conservative reddit)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    135,574 new cases; about 41k more than last Tuesday.

Nebraska continues to vex me by not reporting on time and Missouri's been doing the same a lot lately.
    Realistically, those two states will ultimately add another 7k or so onto today's already-ridiculous total.
    Yep, ugh, called it. Late-night corrections have brought yesterday's total to 142,214 new cases, which is 6,640 more than when @Benggaul originally posted the total.

That means that yesterday was actually 47.5k more than last Tuesday. Also...
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    1,345 deaths is over 150 more than last Tuesday
    ...has been updated to 1,465 deaths, which is 275 more than last Tuesday. There were only three days that marked a higher tally than that back in the summer spike of late July / early August. Before that, you'd have to go back to May to find a higher day's total.

...I can't even begin to tell you just how "tired of winning" I am right now.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Yep, ugh, called it. Late-night corrections have brought yesterday's total to 142,214 new cases, which is 6,640 more than when @Benggaul originally posted the total.

That means that yesterday was actually 47.5k more than last Tuesday. Also...

...has been updated to 1,465 deaths, which is 275 more than last Tuesday. There were only three days that marked a higher tally than that back in the summer spike of late July / early August. Before that, you'd have to go back to May to find a higher day's total.

...I can't even begin to tell you just how "tired of winning" I am right now.
    Thanks for this. The official cutoff time is supposed to be around 2-3am my time at which point all reports should be in for the day, but a handful of states have been missing that deadline more and more often in recent weeks. Since I'm back to work in some capacity I actually have to worry about getting some sleep in between so I don't get to stay up for the late corrections/additions.

Herald of the Titans DocSavageFan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    ...you have no idea how drug development works do you?

Feel free to ask me as I do.

- - - Updated - - -

Not how that works. Again if you are confused on how clinical trials work please ask. Happy to educate.
    Operation Warp Speed has indeed allowed the clinical trials to proceed more quickly...that's what the experts say anyway. You need to set them straight and "educate" them as well it seems.

https://www.nih.gov/about-nih/who-we...avirus-vaccine
    Testimony on Operation Warp Speed: Researching, Manufacturing, & Distributing a Safe & Effective Coronavirus Vaccine

To accelerate development while maintaining standards for safety and efficacy, OWSha s been selecting the most promising countermeasure candidates and providing coordinated government support. Protocols for the demonstration of safety and efficacy are being aligned, which will allow the trials to proceed more quickly, and the protocols for the trials will be overseen by the federal government, as opposed to traditional public-private partnerships, in which pharmaceutical companies decide on their own protocols. Rather than eliminating steps from traditional development timelines, steps will proceed simultaneously, such as starting manufacturing of the vaccine at industrial scale well before the demonstration of vaccine efficacy and safety, as happens normally. This increases the financial risk, but not the product risk.
    NIH, in collaboration with the Foundation for the NIH, recently launched an innovative public-private partnership to speed the development of COVID-19 therapeutics and vaccines. The ACTIV public-private partnership brings together stakeholders from across the U.S. government, industry, and the European Medicines Agency to develop an international strategy for a coordinated research response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Other federal partners include BARDA, DoD, the Department of Veterans Affairs, CDC, and FDA. The ACTIV working groups are making rapid progress. For example, the Therapeutics Clinical Working Group developed and openly shared master protocols with agreed upon endpoints, sampling, and analysis for evaluating monoclonal antibody and vaccine candidates, in order to enhance trial efficiency.
    "Never get on the bad side of small minded people who have a little power." - Evelyn (Gifted)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DocSavageFan View Post
    Operation Warp Speed has indeed allowed the clinical trials to proceed more quickly...that's what the experts say anyway. You need to set them straight and "educate" them as well it seems.

Testimony on Operation Warp Speed: Researching, Manufacturing, & Distributing a Safe & Effective Coronavirus Vaccine
    What part of "Pfizer is not part of that program" do you not understand?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    What part of "Pfizer is not part of that program" do you not understand?
    Oh really? What was that $1.95B deal with Pfizer all about then if it wasn't part of Operation Warp Speed?

https://www.hhs.gov/coronavirus/expl...eed/index.html

https://www.hhs.gov/about/news/2020/...9-vaccine.html

The facts are crystal clear...Pfizer is indeed part of the OWS strategy. Why is this so difficult for you to accept?
    "Never get on the bad side of small minded people who have a little power." - Evelyn (Gifted)

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh really? What was that $1.95B deal with Pfizer all about then if it wasn't part of Operation Warp Speed?

The facts are crystal clear...Pfizer is indeed part of the OWS strategy. Why is this so difficult for you to accept?
    Because you're talking about something different.

The 1.95B is for manufacturing and distribution not development. It's black and white in your own sources.

I know you're the king of self-owns, but you keep topping yourself with the amount of clownery you provide.

The $1.95B is for the vaccine after it's ready -

HHS announced up to $1.95 billion in funds to Pfizer for the large-scale manufacturing and nationwide distribution of 100 million doses of their vaccine candidate. The federal government will own the 100 million doses of vaccine
    They're earmarking that money to buy and distribute the vaccine after it's been developed.

Because as your second link clearly shows -

Pfizer is collaborating with BioNTech, a German biotechnology company, to develop COVID-19 investigational vaccines without U.S. government financial support. Phase 1/2 clinical trials are underway for the investigational vaccines in the United States and Germany.
    They're not a part of it. They even say they're not a part of it.

Others, however, pointed to the fact that Pfizer's senior vice president and head of vaccine research and development, Kathrin Jansen, publicly distanced the company from the Trump administration's Operation Warp Speed vaccine initiative. Jansen was quoted Monday by The New York Times as saying, "We were never part of the Warp Speed. We have never taken any money from the U.S. government, or from anyone."
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/10/polit...nce/index.html
    Last edited by Edge-; 2020-11-11 at 06:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know the best part... You are admitting that Trump should have contributed fund to development of the vaccine. Your argument that money Pfizer hasn’t even received helped development, just exposes Trump failure to assist with development.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Did you go to clown school or does this just come natural to you? Jesus fucking Christ.
    The length people go to, to give credit to Trump, for a vaccine developed by people he claims are democrat agents pushing a hoax, is amazing.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Because you're talking about something different.

The 1.95B is for manufacturing and distribution not development. It's black and white in your own sources.

I know you're the king of self-owns, but you keep topping yourself with the amount of clownery you provide.
    Those are ALL parts of the OWS strategy. What the fuck is wrong with you?

Anyway, the HSS fact sheet page that I linked previously linked has the Pfizer deal listed under the Development section. Why would that be? Maybe because $1.95B is an incredibly compelling incentive to speed development? Hmmmm.

What color is the sky in your alternate reality?

"DocSavageFan" is an anagram of "Face Gonads A.V.". How is this relevant? Hell if I know, but it's probably about as worthy of discussion as the nonsense they're bringing up judging from the quotes I'm seeing.

Anyway, the HSS fact sheet page that I linked previously linked has the Pfizer deal listed under the Development section. Why would that be? Maybe because $1.95B is an incredibly compelling incentive to speed development? Hmmmm.

Jesus, this is, "TRUMP DIDN'T LOSE THE ELECITON OR POPULAR VOTE" levels of delusion and/or dishonesty. It's been repeatedly pointed out to you that Pfizer has received no money and is not a part of OWS. It's been pointed out that they will be a part of OWS once the vaccine is ready and the US government spends that $1.95B on buying and distributing the vaccine, which has not happened yet.

And throwing money at a vaccine doesn't speed up trials, my dude. Those simply take time. This is pure fantasy on your part. 100% fantasy, and bad fantasy at that.

10+ Year Old Account

What sort of incentive do drug companies need, to provide a vaccine to a disease, that just hit 1 million people in Texas alone?

How about this... I’m preordering one million dollars of a unique vaccine from you. Let me know how much this helps you...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    And throwing money at a vaccine doesn't speed up trials, my dude. Those simply take time. This is pure fantasy on your part. 100% fantasy, and bad fantasy at that.
    Also, a cure to a pandemic, does not need additional financial incentive. The consumer base is built into the word... pandemic...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Definitely not red like in your fictional world

10+ Year Old Account

Pfizer.Did.Not.Partake.In.The.Development.Part.Of.Operation.Warp.Speed.

Full stop.

Stay in your own lane cause you clearly don't understand how this works and your arguments are just highlighting that ignorance, not winning you any actual points.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Jesus, this is, "TRUMP DIDN'T LOSE THE ELECITON OR POPULAR VOTE" levels of delusion and/or dishonesty. It's been repeatedly pointed out to you that Pfizer has received no money and is not a part of OWS. It's been pointed out that they will be a part of OWS once the vaccine is ready and the US government spends that $1.95B on buying and distributing the vaccine, which has not happened yet.

Did you look even at the links I provided? The Pfizer deal is indeed part of the OWS strategy. Why is this so fucking hard for you to understand?

10+ Year Old Account
    Did you look even at the links I provided? The Pfizer deal is indeed part of the OWS strategy. Why is this so fucking hard for you to understand?
    Pfizer did not gain any OWS benefit up to this point. Ergo there is nothing for Trump to take credit for.

Now, when the doses of vaccine are administered to people in record time THEN you can come in and brag. But until then sit down.
    Forum badass alert:
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Also, one day the tables might turn.