10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DocSavageFan View Post
    Did you look even at the links I provided? The Pfizer deal is indeed part of the OWS strategy. Why is this so fucking hard for you to understand?
    Because that’s not what your article states... you are using the fact that government would buy a vaccine to a pandemic to give credit to Trump. That’s absurd... imagine if he spent the money he invested into chloroquine, into developing a vaccine, instead of trusting shaman screaming about demon spunk. Absurd... Trump failing upwards is over...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Herald of the Titans DocSavageFan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    Pfizer.Did.Not.Partake.In.The.Development.Part.Of.Operation.Warp.Speed.

Full stop.

Stay in your own lane cause you clearly don't understand how this works and your arguments are just highlighting that ignorance, not winning you any actual points.
    So..you do admit that Pfizer was part of OWS...but you just don't consider the $1.95B deal as a development incentive. Correct?
    "Never get on the bad side of small minded people who have a little power." - Evelyn (Gifted)

10+ Year Old Account
    So..you do admit that Pfizer was part of OWS...but you just don't consider the $1.95B deal as a development incentive. Correct?
    What? No, 2 billion is not an incentive to create a vaccine depended by every human in the word. WTF? Every human currently living and living in the future, in the word buying a vaccine > 2 billion...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

10+ Year Old Account
    Correct. Because in this situation every company who thinks they have a viable vaccine would rush development ASAP regardless of government incentive. Profit motive.

And this approach makes sense. There is little the government can do to accelerate clinical trials without reducing benefit and safety profiles below an acceptable standard but the logistics of widespread manufacturing and distribution make sense for the gov to help with given every company alone has limited line capacity and distribution capacity.

That doesn't change the reality that the current administration has nothing to take credit for with where Pfizer is at with the vaccine. Pfizer gets the credit.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

but you just don't consider the $1.95B deal as a development incentive. Correct?
    It's not. That's not how clinical trials work. Please understand science.

I could promise them $200B for an AIDS vaccine or a therapeutic effective at combating all types of cancer. That doesn't mean that they'll develop or get it through clinical trials any faster.

7+ Year Old Account
    Pfizer did not gain any OWS benefit up to this point. Ergo there is nothing for Trump to take credit for.

Now, when the doses of vaccine are administered to people in record time THEN you can come in and brag. But until then sit down.
    Ah...like a complete hack you're hung up on giving Trump any credit for OWS. How fucking small can a person be?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    It's not. That's not how clinical trials work. Please understand science.

I could promise them $200B for an AIDS vaccine or a therapeutic effective at combating all types of cancer. That doesn't mean that they'll develop or get it through clinical trials any faster.
    What part of science am I not understanding?
    "Never get on the bad side of small minded people who have a little power." - Evelyn (Gifted)

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah...like a complete hack you're hung up on giving Trump any credit for OWS. How fucking small can a person be?
    That's not what I said. I said there is no credit due up until this point. which is reality. You demanding Trump gets credit for Pfizer's vaccine development is what being a political hack really is.

I already said the manufacturing and distribution part of OWS makes sense and when that kicks in I'll be happy to give that program credit for helping.

Also reported for flaming.
    Forum badass alert:

10+ Year Old Account
    Why are you posting this in the Trump thread? Why aren’t you posting this in corona thread? No self awareness? To quote Gulliani as he pushed a sex offender from NJ to claim he was cheated out a vote in Philly... Do you think we are stupid? Oh wait... you flame as much...

- - - Updated - - -

That's not what I said. I said there is no credit due up until this point. which is reality. You demanding Trump gets credit for Pfizer's vaccine development is what being a political hack really is.

What is the point of posting this here, if not to give Trump credit? What about Trump him self taking credit? WTF?

Trump isn’t the problem... we are...

Did you look even at the links I provided? The Pfizer deal is indeed part of the OWS strategy. Why is this so fucking hard for you to understand?
    What about 'no it isn't' is so hard for you to grasp? The 1.95 billion USD are a proposed purchase for 100 million units of vaccine, resulting in 19.50 USD per dose. A common price tag on any vaccine, and what they would have asked for in any case.

A) You're missing an 'any';

B) Trump will get credit for getting thousands of US citizens killed because of his failure, reluctance, or inability to act. Don't worry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    What is the point of posting this here, if not to give Trump credit? What about Trump him self taking credit? WTF?
    We all know what his purpose here is. It's just a contest to see who gets the infraction first. Likely him as his last post went too far.
    Last edited by Lenonis; 2020-11-11 at 06:57 PM.
    Forum badass alert:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    "DocSavageFan" is an anagram of "Face Gonads A.V.".
    Hey! That's enough of that nonsense!

You clearly missed "Advance of Gas".

On topic: for those people worried about extracting Hairpiece to the Chief, fear not. A long-time friend and confidtant says Trump will go to Mar-a-lago for Christmas and...just stay there.

After Christmas, he usually comes back January 5th, January 6th. He likes to go to Mar-a-Lago. I suspect he doesn't even come back to Washington. I don't believe he's going to go to the inauguration because he himself fundamentally cannot sit in a chair knowing that the cameras are on him and that the world is looking at him as a loser. He cannot do that.
    -- a non-anonymous source that's worked closely with Trump for years

Unrelated: the growing suspicion is that Trump is swapping out long-term competent Pentagon officials with yes-men, because he wants to rush through a troop withdraw without dealing with the consequences. See also: "invited the Taliban to picnick on the White House lawn".

P.S. "As Dog Van Cafe"

7+ Year Old Account

I already said the manufacturing and distribution part of OWS makes sense and when that kicks in I'll be happy to give that program credit for helping.

You're a hack...own up to it ffs instead of crying and running to Mom when called on it.

What part of science am I not understanding?
    That money makes science faster (it can, but doesn't always). That money makes clinical trials faster (it doesn't). That there's not already a MASSIVE incentive for ANY company to produce an effective vaccine that can be distributed both domestically and globally to tens/hundreds of millions of people, so $2B is pretty paltry compared to the potential global revenue they're looking at.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're a hack...own up to it ffs.
    Can you be specific own up to what? Remember, this is a Trump related thread and you were the one who started it. Please... do... go on...

Docsavagefan is like trump and needs an interpreter. When he says "trump deserves credit for Pfizer vaccine" what he means is "I'm ignorant."

10+ Year Old Account
    You're a hack...own up to it ffs.
    I'm not the one who keeps lying in this thread.

You seem to be under the misconception that pharma companies laze about and take their sweet time developing drugs and bringing them to market and they need some incentive to get them to do so quickly.

In reality, every single drug is a mad dash to get to market as soon as possible as to maximize profits -- this goes 100000x for any drug that's first to market. Some companies even pay the FDA millions of dollars for vouchers they can redeem for priority reviews so they can shave off a few months of review time with the agency.

If OWS didn't exist nothing up until this point would look differently. That's not being a hack, that's being educated and informed about that industry works.

OWS will accelerate the time from approval to dosing in patients. And for that we will be grateful.
    Forum badass alert:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    That money makes science faster (it can, but doesn't always). That money makes clinical trials faster (it doesn't). That there's not already a MASSIVE incentive for ANY company to produce an effective vaccine that can be distributed both domestically and globally to tens/hundreds of millions of people, so $2B is pretty paltry compared to the potential global revenue they're looking at.
    2 billion isn’t even what is good about Warp Speed... it’s not it’s point... 2 billion is like rhetoric to sooth the glib... the goal will be to distribute in an efficient manner. Something that I hope works... because I have a lot of doubt in current GOP leadership...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Docsavagefan is like trump and needs an interpreter. When he says "trump deserves credit for Pfizer vaccine" what he means is "I'm ignorant."
    No, he thinks we are morons. He didn’t say Trump deserves credit... he just posted it in this thread, instead of the covid or election thread, for shits an giggles. We are supposed to be morons that can’t read between the lines...

7+ Year Old Account
    OWS is working and it's a damn good strategy....Pfizer is just the beginning. Deal with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    OWS is working and it's a damn good strategy....Pfizer is just the beginning. Deal with it.
    OWS has literally done nothing... prove me wrong... what is the OWS plan to distribute a vaccine at the temperature this vaccine requires, since we do not have readily available equipment for it? What will they use for distribution? Am all ears...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    No...I'm saying he deserves credit for OWS....Pfizer is just the beginning.