1. #60701
    Over 9000! PhaelixWW's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Washington (né California)
    Posts
    9,059
    Quote Originally Posted by DocSavageFan View Post
    Maybe because $1.95B is an incredibly compelling incentive to speed development? Hmmmm.
    How utterly and ridiculously hilarious.

    Do you actually believe that the incentive was to speed development? Do you actually think that any vaccine-manufacturing company needs any incentive to speed development? Do you think any vaccine-manufacturing company is worried about having enough buyers should they be the first to come out with a well-tested and -regarded vaccine?

    No, lol.

    That $2B purchase order isn't an incentive to speed development, because no incentive is needed; it's just the US calling dibs.


    "The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

    --Alexandre Dumas-fils

  2. #60702
    Quote Originally Posted by DocSavageFan View Post
    OWS is working and it's a damn good strategy....Pfizer is just the beginning. Deal with it.
    Throwing money at everyone is not a damn good strat.

    its like betting on all 30 baseball teams then claiming you did great because you picked all the winners.

    and then take credit for the Steelers winning because of your bet on the 30 baseball teams.



    p.s they also fired the guy running the distribution side of the program.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

  3. #60703
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    the other
    Posts
    58,334
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    Pfizer has specifically stated that they have NOT recieved money from operation No gellar fields warp speed.
    A good strategy, even though we don’t know what the strategy limits there are. It’s why I brought up the temperature. The reply was to mock me because they are working on it... ignoring that he is saying it’s a good strategy, even though they a started working on it this week and they don’t know what it is yet... how is it a good strategy? Shouldn’t we know what it is first?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by DocSavageFan View Post
    She said they received no money from the US government for RESEARCH. She never denied that Pfizer made a deal the US government that was related to our OWS strategy.

    We really need to do a better job of teaching context and reading comprehension in our schools.
    They have not received any money from government. Stop it...

    We need to teach better at school? You don’t approve of Trump’s Betsy?
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-11-11 at 07:31 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

  4. #60704
    Herald of the Titans DocSavageFan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    86th Floor, Empire State Building
    Posts
    2,501
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    Throwing money at everyone is not a damn good strat.

    its like betting on all 30 baseball teams then claiming you did great because you picked all the winners.

    and then take credit for the Steelers winning because of your bet on the 30 baseball teams.



    p.s they also fired the guy running the distribution side of the program.
    Do Democrats have a better plan? I must have missed it.
    "Never get on the bad side of small minded people who have a little power." - Evelyn (Gifted)

  5. #60705
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    the other
    Posts
    58,334
    Quote Originally Posted by DocSavageFan View Post
    Do Democrats have a better plan? I must have missed it.
    Biden even has his staff ready... not a single relative... not a single lobbyist... not a single big money elite donors. Here is the plan Biden put out on Monday:

    https://joebiden.com/covid19/

    All of them are named Dr... I do admit that is strange...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

  6. #60706
    Herald of the Titans DocSavageFan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    86th Floor, Empire State Building
    Posts
    2,501
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Fauci said that was his estimate, though others had more varying timelines - https://www.livescience.com/coronavi...-timeline.html

    And based on comments from Azar - https://time.com/5902460/covid-19-vaccines-spring-2021/
    And Fauci - https://www.cnn.com/videos/health/20...v-lead-vpx.cnn

    The vaccine will likely be broadly available publicly by April 2021. Which is...within that 12 month window.

    Because the vaccine isn't going straight into the public, there are still more steps before that - https://www.cnet.com/how-to/will-a-c...-what-to-know/
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/31/us/co...nvs/index.html
    The timetable for a coronavirus vaccine is 18 months. Experts say that's risky

    Ever since, that estimate of 12-18 months has become gospel, its appearance in media stories ubiquitous. But medical experts and scientists with firsthand experience developing vaccines are skeptical.

    "Tony Fauci is saying a year to 18 months -- I think that's optimistic," said Dr. Peter Hotez, a leading expert on infectious disease and vaccine development at Baylor College of Medicine. "Maybe if all the stars align, but probably longer."

    Dr. Paul Offit, the co-inventor of the successful rotavirus vaccine, put it more bluntly.
    "When Dr. Fauci said 12 to 18 months, I thought that was ridiculously optimistic," he told CNN. "And I'm sure he did, too."
    "Never get on the bad side of small minded people who have a little power." - Evelyn (Gifted)

  7. #60707
    Titan Lenonis's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    14,396
    Quote Originally Posted by DocSavageFan View Post
    Last April, the experts told us 12 months minimum and likely 18+ months as an optimistic timeline for developing a vaccine for COVID.
    And we're tracking to that timeline so I'm not sure what your point is?
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

  8. #60708
    Quote Originally Posted by DocSavageFan View Post
    She said they received no money from the US government for RESEARCH. She never denied that Pfizer made a deal the US government that was related to our OWS strategy.

    We really need to do a better job of teaching context and reading comprehension in our schools.
    They haven't received any money. Jesus Christ.

    https://www.hhs.gov/about/news/2020/...9-vaccine.html

    The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and the Department of Defense (DoD) today announced an agreement with U.S.-based Pfizer Inc. for large-scale production and nationwide delivery of 100 million doses of a COVID-19 vaccine in the United States following the vaccine’s successful manufacture and approval.
    All that says is they've got a couple billion dollars earmarked to help speed up the MFG IF they are successful in producing a vaccine.

    No money has exchanged hands at this point

    also from the same source

    Pfizer is collaborating with BioNTech, a German biotechnology company, to develop COVID-19 investigational vaccines without U.S. government financial support.
    Stop with the bullshit already.

  9. #60709
    Titan Lenonis's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    14,396
    Quote Originally Posted by Hadriker View Post
    They haven't received any money. Jesus Christ.
    Look how he phrased what you are replying to. He knows he's wrong here and he's playing semantic games to try to goad someone into getting an infraction. We just need the mods to hurry up and take action against his posts and we can move on.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

  10. #60710
    Herald of the Titans DocSavageFan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    86th Floor, Empire State Building
    Posts
    2,501
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Biden even has his staff ready... not a single relative... not a single lobbyist... not a single big money elite donors. Here is the plan Biden put out on Monday:

    https://joebiden.com/covid19/

    All of them are named Dr... I do admit that is strange...
    How does Item 4 significantly deviate from OWS? Be specific.
    "Never get on the bad side of small minded people who have a little power." - Evelyn (Gifted)

  11. #60711
    Quote Originally Posted by DocSavageFan View Post
    She said they received no money from the US government for RESEARCH. She never denied that Pfizer made a deal the US government that was related to our OWS strategy.

    We really need to do a better job of teaching context and reading comprehension in our schools.
    We were never part of the Warp Speed.
    So again, is Pfizer's senior vice president and head of vaccine research and development, Kathrin Jansen, lying, or not?

  12. #60712
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post

    They have not received any money from government. Stop it...

    We need to teach better at school? You don’t approve of Trump’s Betsy?
    To be pedantic Pfizer has not received govt money. Their partner, BioNTech, who's played critical part in creating this vaccine has received money. But not US govt money but from the German Govt to the tune of ~ 500mfor development and manufacturing.
    Last edited by beanman12345; 2020-11-11 at 07:48 PM. Reason: million not billion

  13. #60713
    Quote Originally Posted by DocSavageFan View Post
    Do Democrats have a better plan? I must have missed it.
    Sorry but whom is president right now? Who's "plan" are we talking about?

    Your deflection is cute when you get cornered.




    https://buildbackbetter.com/priorities/covid-19/

    Sure seems like they are starting with their plan that would push us several steps farther than TrumpDenial-sim plan has.

    Not to mention that he has his task force already in place to start releasing details of his plan and next steps, but good old Trumpy and party won't even give them access to anything, not even email addresses.

    You can even go back to the house democratic bills for how much more they wanted to throw at COVID that the republican senate and trumpy refused to support.

    So ya...sure looks better on the surface
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

  14. #60714
    Herald of the Titans DocSavageFan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    86th Floor, Empire State Building
    Posts
    2,501
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    So again, is Pfizer's senior vice president and head of vaccine research and development, Kathrin Jansen, lying, or not?
    I already responded to your post...did you not understand it?
    "Never get on the bad side of small minded people who have a little power." - Evelyn (Gifted)

  15. #60715
    The Unstoppable Force Belize's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Gen-OT College of Shitposting
    Posts
    22,021
    Quote Originally Posted by DocSavageFan View Post
    We really need to do a better job of teaching context and reading comprehension in our schools.
    Clearly, because you're still missing the mark and misinterpreting your own links.

  16. #60716
    Quote Originally Posted by DocSavageFan View Post
    I already responded to your post...did you not understand it?
    You didn't respond to that question. You keep talking about the money, and talking around that issue rather than addressing it directly.

    So again: Is the Pfizer head of vaccine research and development lying when she says the company is not a part of OWS.

    This is a simple yes or no question, but you can add whatever you want to get to 10 characters in your response.

  17. #60717
    Quote Originally Posted by DocSavageFan View Post
    I already responded to your post...did you not understand it?
    Do you understand what OWS even is?

  18. #60718
    Herald of the Titans DocSavageFan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    86th Floor, Empire State Building
    Posts
    2,501
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    You didn't respond to that question. You keep talking about the money, and talking around that issue rather than addressing it directly.

    So again: Is the Pfizer head of vaccine research and development lying when she says the company is not a part of OWS.

    This is a simple yes or no question, but you can add whatever you want to get to 10 characters in your response.
    Holy shit! I don't think she's lying and I can't believe that I have to spell this out for you. My response stands.

    "She said they received no money from the US government for RESEARCH. She never denied that Pfizer made a deal the US government that was related to our OWS strategy.

    We really need to do a better job of teaching context and reading comprehension in our schools."
    "Never get on the bad side of small minded people who have a little power." - Evelyn (Gifted)

  19. #60719
    The Unstoppable Force Belize's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Gen-OT College of Shitposting
    Posts
    22,021
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Do you understand what OWS even is?
    Obviously it's where they throw money at companies and then companies are like "wow, that's a lot of money, thanks, now we can work faster, because this is how things work".

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by DocSavageFan View Post
    Holy shit! I don't think she's lying and I can't believe that I have to spell this out for you. My response stands.

    "She said they received no money from the US government for RESEARCH. She never denied that Pfizer made a deal the US government that was related to our OWS strategy.

    We really need to do a better job of teaching context and reading comprehension in our schools."
    You keep trying to weasel out of answering directly.

    Pathetic.

  20. #60720
    Over 9000! PhaelixWW's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Washington (né California)
    Posts
    9,059
    It's not even that OWS is a bad thing; it's just not enough of a good thing.

    OWS is pretty much the bare minimum of what a first-world country should be doing in the face of a pandemic, but the Trump Administration isn't really looking for ways to handle this pandemic the way they should; they're just looking for enough of a blanket to attempt to fool the gullible-minded into believing that they deserve credit where credit isn't due.

    Which is why it's hilarious, but not unexpected, to find certain people here shilling for the idea that a pre-order amounts to political credit for the vaccine.


    "The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

    --Alexandre Dumas-fils

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •