Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    They're not running away though they're simply setting things straight by saying OWS didn't affect development in any way.
    Compare this what Pfizer stated when the US "pre-ordered" the vaccine:

“Expanding Operation Warp Speed’s diverse portfolio by adding a vaccine from Pfizer and BioNTech increases the odds that we will have a safe, effective vaccine as soon as the end of this year,” said HHS Secretary Alex Azar. “Depending on success in clinical trials, today’s agreement will enable the delivery of approximately 100 million doses of this vaccine to the American people.”
    That's how it normally sounds, but now Pfizer claims it was never part of Operation Warp Speed. The only reasonable explanation is that they don't want to be associated with Trump.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    But it didn't contribute anything for that. If you want anyone to thank for building manufacturing plants it's 100% the german govt to thank for that.
    So the German govt gave them money to expand the plants in Puurs, Belgium and in Kalamazoo, Michigan?
    (There are also additional plants in the US mainly for "parts" and possibly in Europe, and those sites are not just speculation but also what their CEO says.)

So, do you have any evidence for the German govt funding that? (They might have funded something for BioNTech Societas Europaea.)

Thinking it over I'd say it's a near certainty that the US hits 200k new cases and 2k deaths in a day sometime this month.

Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post

That's how it normally sounds, but now Pfizer claims it was never part of Operation Warp Speed. The only reasonable explanation is that they don't want to be associated with Trump.

- - - Updated - - -

So the German govt gave them money to expand the plants in Puurs, Belgium and in Kalamazoo, Michigan?
    (There are also additional plants in the US mainly for "parts" and possibly in Europe, and those sites are not just speculation but also what their CEO says.)

So, do you have any evidence for the German govt funding that? (They might have funded something for BioNTech Societas Europaea.)
    they are in partnership for this. germany gave BioNTech 455m dollars. how much has ows given? unless your entire premise is you have to spend money to make money, then well of course?

they are in partnership for this. germany gave BioNTech 455m dollars.
    BioNTech is developing the vaccine and Pfizer is helping them with testing and manufacturing, so I don't see how Pfizer got money for manufacturing from Germany.

My point is simply that the outgoing US government is so toxic that people don't want to admit that they have any dealings with it.

Obviously everyone will claim that they are the reason for the success, Germany due to BioNTech, Belgium due to Pfizer actually manufacturing there, etc. Normally success has many parents and failure none, that's normal. The not-normal is distancing themselves from Trump's outgoing government.

how much has ows given?
    Pfizer have a deal for at least 1.95 billion US$ in the US, which Pfizer's press release quoted as extending OWS diverse portfolio.

BioNTech is developing the vaccine and Pfizer is helping them with testing and manufacturing, so I don't see how Pfizer got money for manufacturing from Germany.

My point is simply that the outgoing US government is so toxic that people don't want to admit that they have any dealings with it.

Obviously everyone will claim that they are the reason for the success, Germany due to BioNTech, Belgium due to Pfizer actually manufacturing there, etc. Normally success has many parents and failure none, that's normal. The not-normal is distancing themselves from Trump's outgoing government.

Pfizer have a deal for at least 1.95 billion US$ in the US, which Pfizer's press release quoted as extending OWS diverse portfolio.
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...not-washington

They specifically got money through BioNTech for manufacturing in Germany. Pfizer invested money in other countries to make money though the proposition for making 2b with another 10b more on the table if all goes well. and considering this will be a yearly vaccine, that's a shit ton of money to be earned. However there are many factors and distancing for trump. Especially considering the nature of the deal, with the "US GOT DIBS" and the potential blowback if pfizer becomes the only game in town without anyone else having a vaccine close to ready. hopefully we don't have that situation, But I do think you are right, this is one of if not the largest pharmaceuticals in the world, every message they give is heavily parsed out so they are distancing from Trump that there is no doubt, Trump politized masks, they don't want him politicking their product. but because of the details of the deal, they are able to do so, where other's wouldn't be able to.
    Last edited by beanman12345; 2020-11-12 at 09:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    something ongoing though:

Although Biden is already set to be seated as president, Trump is actively refusing to concede power and starting some kind of anti-support campaign against Biden. Will Trump get anywhere with this?
    The US constitution is set up so that Trump does not need to concede power for Biden to become President.

On Jan 20th the President's term ends, no ifs or buts about it. Doesn't matter if there is a President-elect or not, Trumps first term ends. Unless they want to commit treason the military stops answering to him, the Secret service stops answering to him ect ect.

That is why there is no real fear of Trump not wanting to leave, its not up to him. His only chance is to try and rig the electoral vote on Dec 14th to be voted President-elect and get a 2nd term. If that fails its over and done with no matter how much he jumps up and down.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    The US constitution is set up so that Trump does not need to concede power for Biden to become President.

On Jan 20th the President's term ends, no ifs or buts about it. Doesn't matter if there is a President-elect or not, Trumps first term ends. Unless they want to commit treason the military stops answering to him, the Secret service stops answering to him ect ect.

That is why there is no real fear of Trump not wanting to leave, its not up to him. His only chance is to try and rig the electoral vote on Dec 14th to be voted President-elect and get a 2nd term. If that fails its over and done with no matter how much he jumps up and down.
    And beyond that he doesn’t want to stay president and repub leadership doesn’t want him to stay. This is a grift. Trump is doing two things:

1. Using the “legal battle” to get money to pay off campaign debt.
    2. Cultivating his image by playing victim so he can milk that once out office. He’s going to continue his rallies and sowing discord because that will keep the money train chugging along.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Wow, that picture is not flattering at all.
    At this point, his own media team has to be just fucking with him now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    And beyond that he doesn’t want to stay president and repub leadership doesn’t want him to stay. This is a grift. Trump is doing two things:

1. Using the “legal battle” to get money to pay off campaign debt.
    2. Cultivating his image by playing victim so he can milk that once out office. He’s going to continue his rallies and sowing discord because that will keep the money train chugging along.
    No, I think he very much wants to stay President because the difficulty of prosecuting a sitting President is keeping him safe from half a dozen lawsuits right now. Including some rather big tax fraud cases, once that protection falls away he is toast and he knows it.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Read some of the others, this is just the newest. It’s Nigerian prince level bullshit... he is ripping off a lot of old people. Check the frequency these are sent... it’s a spam bot...
    Sure, but their decisions hurt all of us and they made those decisions willfully and without listening to reason or facts. They can of deserve to be eaten by the monster they unturned and released on the world.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

I think one of the worst parts about Trump leaving office with COVID escalating to epic proportions now (as predicted for Winter), is he is now successfully seen as a scapegoat for the problem *and* the deaths rather than the CCP. It's really dividing America.

Man, the small dollar campaigning from Trump's side is borderline abusive.

I think one of the worst parts about Trump leaving office with COVID escalating to epic proportions now (as predicted for Winter), is he is now successfully seen as a scapegoat for the problem *and* the deaths rather than the CCP. It's really dividing America.
    So you're saying the American President, in charge of the federal government, has no responsibility in how the American government responded?

Seems pretty stupid by any reasonable measure. We'd stop being divided if you stopped trying to deflect the responsibility of your choices onto anyone but yourself.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

COVID happened to the rest of the world too, he failed to respond properly that's his responsibility. There are so many examples too many to count of countries that are doing better, Trump made the choice to declare war on science, masks, doctors, PPE and reality instead of tackling the problem. He divided America and reveled in it, the ironic part is that if he did his job and handled the pandemic he would have easily won the election in spite of everything he has said and done these last 4 years.

Oh yes, poor widdle trumpy. It's hard to believe his stance of doing almost nothing but him in the ass.

Trump lied, people died.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post

Man, the small dollar campaigning from Trump's side is borderline abusive.
    Yikes forever. "Billionaire" pressuring and spamming poor old people for handouts. What a true patriot, what a great man... really hard to understand how this guy is anyone's choice. Yuck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Warning View Post
    Yikes forever. "Billionaire" pressuring and spamming poor old people for handouts. What a true patriot, what a great man... really hard to understand how this guy is anyone's choice. Yuck.
    It's basically one last bullshit money grab scheme before he's booted out of office. They're keeping this 'The LEFT stole the election charade' up just long enough to milk these fools for a few dollars more. The Trump administration knows they have nothing, and the GOP leadership knows Trump has no proof, but are flaccidly playing along to not catch the ire of Trump simps everywhere. It's fucking embarrassing how so many American could've fallen for Trump's lies to begin with, but now, any clown that sends him money gets what they fucking deserve.
    Last edited by Fahrenheit; 2020-11-12 at 02:19 PM.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

President Trump has told friends he wants to start a digital media company to clobber Fox News.

"He plans to wreck Fox. No doubt about it," said a source with detailed knowledge of Trump's intentions. https://t.co/4654GjS90r
    https://twitter.com/axios/status/132...186966528?s=19

I stand by that the Fox News brand is strong and almost impossible to take down.

That being said, Trump is stupid enough, petty and narcasistic enough to try. I am here for this no matter how it goes.

My oh btw, is that both are extremely dangerous to American Democracy.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

You're not wrong, but just want to point out that your quote is from HHS Secretary Alex Azar, not Pfizer.

I'm interpreting their response as them simply stating OWS is unrelated to the current state of the vaccine, considering Pfizer hasn't received anything from OWS at this point. Entering into an agreement with OWS to sell it when it's ready doesn't mean they're part of the operation. OWS is just a customer they've entered into an agreement with.