10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    To be honest I wasn't 100% sure Breccia hadn't accidentally pasted some administrative work into the field.
    The first "link" was actually part of Carlson's apology, just the previous cut, pasted. There's just so many "Trump is a horrible human being" going on, on a routine basis, that cross-contamination is a valid risk.

Speaking of which:
    GOP leaders in 4 states quash dubious Trump bid on electors

State GOP lawmakers in Arizona, Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin have all said they would not intervene in the selection of electors, who ultimately cast the votes that secure a candidate’s victory. Such a move would violate state law and a vote of the people, several noted.
    That was the nightmare scenario. Now, it's not oever until it's official, and what a Party of Trump member does, and what a Party of Trump member says, aren't always the same thing. Even if what they do is the nightmare scenario. So I'll believe it when I see it, but the fact that they're saying in public

I do not see, short of finding some type of fraud — which I haven’t heard of anything — I don’t see us in any serious way addressing a change in electors. They are mandated by statute to choose according to the vote of the people.
    The Pennsylvania General Assembly does not have and will not have a hand in choosing the state’s presidential electors or in deciding the outcome of the presidential election
    and related statements, is good news.

- - - Updated - - -

Pompeo begins a seven-country farewell tour.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Hmm. Interesting. How many times has Trump declared victory? On Twitter alone it's at least ten. As I posted last night, he's already just declared he gets Pennsylvania because he says so.

- - - Updated - - -

As the tantrum continues in the White House, Trump intentionally changes the citizenship test for no real reason and continues his post-loss firing spree.

Special note: one of the questions added to the citizenship test is "Why is the EC important?"
    I mean for me personally, what Donald Trump cares about is now irrelevant. The goal should be removing his influence from politics as soon as possible, and it’s going to be a slog to do so. Dems should be campaigning for the mid terms from last Saturday onwards. How to get themselves back in the positive consciousness of the working class.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    I mean for me personally, what Donald Trump cares about is now irrelevant. The goal should be removing his influence from politics as soon as possible, and it’s going to be a slog to do so. Dems should be campaigning for the mid terms from last Saturday onwards. How to get themselves back in the positive consciousness of the working class.
    1. How do you propose that? He's refusing to concede power and, while a lot of people try to make fun of him or tell him he's an ex-President now, he adamantly refuses to believe so. So I imagine Trump has something up his sleeve. What happens if he tries to pull a Lukashenko?

2. IF he's somehow just forced out with no fare, he said on multiple occasions he'll just be back in 2024.
    Last edited by YUPPIE; 2020-11-14 at 06:09 PM.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/secret-in...144320428.html

Secret intelligence exists that ‘would cast Trump in very negative light’, warns ex-FBI chief

Former acting FBI director Andrew McCabe has warned that classified intelligence from bureau’s investigation into President Donald Trump’s 2016 campaign ties to Russia could contain information that would “risk casting the president in a very negative light”.
    From your knowledge, is there anything that could come out that people would look at and say, ‘wow, I can’t believe they ever included the president in this analysis, he and his people clearly did nothing’?” asked Mr Cuomo.

Mr McCabe replied: “There is some very, very serious, very specific, undeniable intelligence that has not come out, that if it were released, would risk compromising our access to that sort of information in the future.
    During the hearing on Tuesday, Mr McCabe pointed out that Mr Trump fired then-director James B Comey in 2017 after Mr Comey refused to close an investigation into the president’s national security at the time, or say publicly that Mr Trump himself was not under investigation.

Mr McCabe said: “It became pretty clear to us that he did not want us to continue investigating what the Russians had done.
    Boom.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    would risk compromising our access to that sort of information in the future.
    I'll never understand this oath with intelligence agencies and psychologists. If you had some top-secret intel that could change the world for the better (supposedly), why not just spill it

Quote Originally Posted by Nellise View Post
    So Illinois has been following pretty much 1% deaths per case until now, so don't be surprised when it's reporting 150 deaths a day for the next few weeks.
    That didn't take long, eh?

10+ Year Old Account
    So the next question is, when will Trump resign so Pence can pardon him?

THe worst thing that could happen to Trump, is to pardon himself, then leave the White House, and the pardon to be overturned because you can't pardon yourself. Biden won't pardon Trump. Neither would Harris or Pelosi. The only one who both would do it, and have it work, is Pence, who can't do it as Vice President.

Trump is a narcissist to the point of mental illness, but even he knows this part. If he doesn't voluntarily step down, he ends up in federal courthouses until he dies from a Big Mac Heart Attack.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    I'll never understand this oath with intelligence agencies and psychologists. If you had some top-secret intel that could change the world for the better (supposedly), why not just spill it
    They do tell it to the people that they're supposed to, but they don't release it to the public. Usually because it would get their sources killed, or reveal the security vulnerabilities they used to get the information in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynarii View Post
    They do tell it to the people that they're supposed to, but they don't release it to the public. Usually because it would get their sources killed, or reveal the security vulnerabilities they used to get the information in the first place.
    A. shouldn't foreign agents killing Americans be a declaration of war

B. If it's Trump's cronies, you're telling me the guy is not above murder?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm increasingly taking the viewpoint that the Party of Trump uses Twitter because they like being publicly mocked.

So this Party of Trump member just got elected and tweeted a video of working out in her hotel room, because "Democrat tyranical control" closed all the gyms.

Here's the video:

Shit! Wrong video!

https://twitter.com/i/status/1327607546031591424

...you can't link Twitter videos in MMO-C? Fine. Whatever.

Anyhow she claimed that gyms were all closed in DC -- "Democrat tyranical control" -- only to be, of course, immediately objectively refuted by dozens of others.

In particular, there's an open gym around the corner from the hotel in which she's doing the workout video.

Now, I'd have chosen to exercise in my hotel room, too. Cases are going up in literally every state and I'll just assume DC as well. Just kidding, I don't assume, we already know. But there is a zero percent chance she was going to post such a blatant lie, and not be called out on it, instantly.

And she knows this.

It's looking a lot like a fetish. "Ooo, tell me those objective facts that disprove my intentionally ill-informed decisions! I've been a bad Representative-elect!" Yeah keep teasing, Rep. Whoever-You-Are, I only respond to Chrissy Teigen.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    Murdoch is reportedly done with Trump
    Well Trump called him to yell at him about FOX News reporting objective facts, and for not showing loyalty to Trump and only Trump. Who wouldn't be done with that?

The rumors continue that Trump wil make his own media company, with blackjack and hookers with Carlson and Hannity and I guess McEnemy too. Trump is basically threatening to get into Murdoch's sandbow and kick all his toys.

There will be only one response to that.

Well Trump called him to yell at him about FOX News reporting objective facts, and for not showing loyalty to Trump and only Trump. Who wouldn't be done with that?

The rumors continue that Trump wil make his own media company, with blackjack and hookers with Carlson and Hannity and I guess McEnemy too. Trump is basically threatening to get into Murdoch's sandbow and kick all his toys.

There will be only one response to that.
    I dunno about that... Trump would have to acknowledge he's the biggest loser for years to pull that off. His ego won't allow him to do that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dunno about that... Trump would have to acknowledge he's the biggest loser for years to pull that off. His ego won't allow him to do that.
    Him having his own media company wont preclude him claiming from now onwards that the election was unfairly stolen from him.

It will be interesting to see if he does indeed start a company and if that noticeably begins to fracture the Murdoch right-wing misinformation empire’s base into pieces.

But unless some weird law precludes trump from being served by New York State on tax evasion charges, I see no reason to believe he won’t be fined into oblivion.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Why would he have to acknowledge that? Assuming he's not spending every dollar and moment of his life after January in court I think it's safe to assume he could very easily just create his own network (or usurp OANN) and just talk daily about how he's actually still the "real" president but the Deep State took it away from him.

Somehow I don't think he'll get the chance, though.

EDIT: GMTA

Because, more often than not, the source of the information is more important than the information itself. The people that need to know the information already have it. Giving it out to the public doesn't really serve a purpose and can compromise the source, meaning we wouldn't be able to get new critical information from it.

Greater good and all that, so some things are overlooked because doing so provides a greater benefit.

I'm increasingly taking the viewpoint that the Party of Trump uses Twitter because they like being publicly mocked.

So this Party of Trump member just got elected and tweeted a video of working out in her hotel room, because "Democrat tyranical control" closed all the gyms.
    Shes the QANON lady. Absolute basketcase.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    Shes the QANON lady. Absolute basketcase.
    Yep, she's the one who said "My body; my choice" with regard to wearing masks.

Yet she's been photo'd wearing masks recently...

It's all a grift.

she caved in hour one..

pathetic con
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

7+ Year Old Account
    A. shouldn't foreign agents killing Americans be a declaration of war
    If your agents are in places they aren't supposed to be and are killed, you, the one who sent the agents there, are the aggressor in that circumstance. When your agents are killed, or are captured, the hope is that they aren't tied back to you to avoid secondary confrontations. In any circumstance where a country takes military action over actions taken against one of their covert agents, the country that had initially introduced their covert agent would be considered the aggressor. For example, if America has agents in Russia and the Kremlin discovers these agents and kills them, any retaliation that America makes would have America, rightly, cast as the aggressor.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

So the next question is, when will Trump resign so Pence can pardon him?

THe worst thing that could happen to Trump, is to pardon himself, then leave the White House, and the pardon to be overturned because you can't pardon yourself. Biden won't pardon Trump. Neither would Harris or Pelosi. The only one who both would do it, and have it work, is Pence, who can't do it as Vice President.

Trump is a narcissist to the point of mental illness, but even he knows this part. If he doesn't voluntarily step down, he ends up in federal courthouses until he dies from a Big Mac Heart Attack.
    jan 19th so he double dips with not having to go to Biden's inauguration