1. #61101
    This article suggests that the president of the United Stares—the man who controls the nuclear arsenal—may be suffering steroids-induced mania. And not one Republican has expressed concern about this.


    Trump is always the ironic President. Remember before the first debate Trump accused Biden of performing enhancing drugs. Trump is taking steroids that is giving him a "boost" to his medical condition.
    “There is a cult of ignorance in the United States…. [It is] nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that ‘my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.’”

    -Isaac Asimov

  2. #61102
    The Undying Breccia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    30,511
    Barr has begun telling the Party of Trump that the Durham report won't be ready by the election. It looks like we'll go to the polls without knowing the truth about North Carolina.

    "Har har. The Durham report is the 'bombshell' about all the 'spying' done by 'worst president ever' Obama. Didn't you just post that Trump is upset that Barr won't go forward, claiming that Barr has all the evidence he needs but Barr wants more?"

    Yes. Barr has also vented frustrations about being singled out for blame when, as I'm just going to predict right now based on the evidence at hand, there isn't enough evidence to make a case. It's been four years. Unless Barr is waiting for Trunks to appear and hand itover, four years of no progress means no evidence.

    Republicans had long hoped the report, led by U.S. Attorney John Durham, would be a bombshell containing revelations about what they allege were serious abuses by the Obama administration and intelligence community probing for connections between President Trump and Russia.

    “This is the nightmare scenario. Essentially, the year and a half of arguably the number one issue for the Republican base is virtually meaningless if this doesn't happen before the election," a GOP congressional aide told Axios.

    Barr has made clear that they should not expect any further indictments or a comprehensive report before Nov. 3, our sources say.

    The Justice Department declined to comment. The White House did not respond to a request for comment.

    Barr is communicating that Durham is taking his investigation extremely seriously and is focused on winning prosecutions.

    According to one of the sources briefed on the conversations Barr said Durham is working in a deliberate and calculated fashion, and they need to be patient.

    The general sense of the talks, the source says, is that Durham is not preoccupied with completing his probe by a certain deadline for political purposes.
    Granted, this could be a smokescreen and then OMG PIZZAGATE II: THE TOPPINGS. But, um, a stupid high percent of Americans have already voted, most of them Democrat. And I find it pretty long odds Biden will prosecute himself while in office.

  3. #61103
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Barr has begun telling the Party of Trump that the Durham report won't be ready by the election. It looks like we'll go to the polls without knowing the truth about North Carolina.

    "Har har. The Durham report is the 'bombshell' about all the 'spying' done by 'worst president ever' Obama. Didn't you just post that Trump is upset that Barr won't go forward, claiming that Barr has all the evidence he needs but Barr wants more?"

    Yes. Barr has also vented frustrations about being singled out for blame when, as I'm just going to predict right now based on the evidence at hand, there isn't enough evidence to make a case. It's been four years. Unless Barr is waiting for Trunks to appear and hand itover, four years of no progress means no evidence.



    Granted, this could be a smokescreen and then OMG PIZZAGATE II: THE TOPPINGS. But, um, a stupid high percent of Americans have already voted, most of them Democrat. And I find it pretty long odds Biden will prosecute himself while in office.
    Gee who would have thought they wouldn't find enough evidence. Maybe because it was in fact justified
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

  4. #61104
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Barr has begun telling the Party of Trump that the Durham report won't be ready by the election. It looks like we'll go to the polls without knowing the truth about North Carolina.

    "Har har. The Durham report is the 'bombshell' about all the 'spying' done by 'worst president ever' Obama. Didn't you just post that Trump is upset that Barr won't go forward, claiming that Barr has all the evidence he needs but Barr wants more?"

    Yes. Barr has also vented frustrations about being singled out for blame when, as I'm just going to predict right now based on the evidence at hand, there isn't enough evidence to make a case. It's been four years. Unless Barr is waiting for Trunks to appear and hand itover, four years of no progress means no evidence.



    Granted, this could be a smokescreen and then OMG PIZZAGATE II: THE TOPPINGS. But, um, a stupid high percent of Americans have already voted, most of them Democrat. And I find it pretty long odds Biden will prosecute himself while in office.
    Translation for a GOP congressional aide: “There’s no real case, let alone evidence to support a case. The fact that we view the potential findings of this investigation as “meaningless” if the results are released post-election means that there is no contextual pursuit of justice, and we are pushing a bogus investigation into the Obama administration purely to score political gain.”

  5. #61105
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post
    Translation for a GOP congressional aide: “There’s no real case, let alone evidence to support a case. The fact that we view the potential findings of this investigation as “meaningless” if the results are released post-election means that there is no contextual pursuit of justice, and we are pushing a bogus investigation into the Obama administration purely to score political gain.”
    That's the same playbook they used on Hillary and it worked. He never did lock her up like he promised though.

  6. #61106
    Last night Trump sounded like he’s a lot sicker than his people are letting on. I would be fascinated to see him attempt an on camera interview right now. He had to mute himself multiple times to cough and get his voice back. And that’s WITH all the medications he’s on. Imagine if he was a normal person not receiving this level of care.

  7. #61107
    The Undying Breccia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    30,511
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    That's the same playbook they used on Hillary and it worked. He never did FILL IN THE BLANK HERE like he promised though.
    I mean, the list goes on and on, doesn't it?

  8. #61108
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    That's the same playbook they used on Hillary and it worked. He never did lock her up like he promised though.
    Well that’s the thing. They have even less ammo against Obama than they did with Clinton, and undecideds/independents have seen Trump’s snake oil sales pitch for what it is for the past four years. Nothing ever came of his promise of legal action against the Clintons despite having the DoJ literally acting as his personal legal hit squad. Barr’s floundering because he and Durham literally have nothing to work with and an increasingly demented orange gasping down their necks.

  9. #61109
    The Unstoppable Force Belize's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Gen-OT College of Shitposting
    Posts
    20,393
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    Trump is losing what little of his sanity he had left: He claimed on Hannity that Virginia Governor Ralph Northam personally executed a baby. No, he didn't say that Northam supports abortion. He literally said that Northam personally killed a baby.

    Shockingly, Inanity did nothing to challenge that ludicrous lie. /s
    Wonder when they'll be putting Grandpa in assisted living. He's clearly unwell. He wasn't all there before, and the Coronavirus meds he's taking clearly aren't helping.

  10. #61110
    House Speaker Nancy Pelosi is pushing a new bill that would give Congress a role in determining whether the US President must be forced out of office if he or she is incapable of doing the job. The measure stands virtually no chance of becoming law. https://t.co/oxRjaoHEga
    https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1314556233408565249?s=19

    Cmon Nancy! Stop doing this stupid shit. Yes it would get blocked but this could possibly backfire in a disastrous way. The both sides of a partisan Congress doing this against any President and that party getting backlash for really trying to take out a President.
    “There is a cult of ignorance in the United States…. [It is] nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that ‘my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.’”

    -Isaac Asimov

  11. #61111
    I think even Biden just doesn't give a fuck about Pelosi. He basically ignores her advice at every turn.

  12. #61112
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1314556233408565249?s=19

    Cmon Nancy! Stop doing this stupid shit. Yes it would get blocked but this could possibly backfire in a disastrous way. The both sides of a partisan Congress doing this against any President and that party getting backlash for really trying to take out a President.
    Yeah this is an overreach.

    If we had this in 2012 the GOP would have used the 25th on Obama, then again on Biden, to install John Boehner as President.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.

  13. #61113
    Quote Originally Posted by Antiganon View Post
    Yeah this is an overreach.

    If we had this in 2012 the GOP would have used the 25th on Obama, then again on Biden, to install John Boehner as President.
    She isn't creating anything new. It's all outlined in the 25th amendment:
    the vice president, together with a "majority of either the principal officers of the executive departments or of such other body as Congress may by law provide", to declare the president "unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office" in a written declaration.

  14. #61114
    The Unstoppable Force Kaleredar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    phasing...
    Posts
    22,493
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1314556233408565249?s=19

    Cmon Nancy! Stop doing this stupid shit. Yes it would get blocked but this could possibly backfire in a disastrous way. The both sides of a partisan Congress doing this against any President and that party getting backlash for really trying to take out a President.
    I think she’s attempting to “seed” the notion of Trump being too sick to serve. But I agree it’s a bit of a dramatic step. Biden (and the Democratic Party) doesn’t need to be pitching flare or governmental upset at this point. He just needs to maintain the image of a level-headed, competent diplomat in stark contrast to the trump shitshow
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

  15. #61115
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I think she’s attempting to “seed” the notion of Trump being too sick to serve.
    She's just poking the bear to try to get him to act even crazier. Seems to be working.

  16. #61116
    Quote Originally Posted by solinari6 View Post
    She isn't creating anything new. It's all outlined in the 25th amendment:
    I read that as "Congress may establish a commission to determine whether the 25th should be invoked" not "Congress itself may choose to invoke the 25th".

    The power of the Presidency is meant to be contained within the Executive Branch, not the Legislative. The 25th is meant to provide a means for the Executive Branch to check itself against failures of the President (the individual), so that the office of the Presidency can still be carried out effectively.

    I view the 25th (well this provision, not the "President is in a coma" provision) as the Executive Branch version of the House calling a no-contest vote and electing a new speaker.

    This is one of those things where I expect the Democrats would enact it, use it solely for removing people who are incapacitated for health reasons and actually unable to do the job of President, and the next time congress swings to the GOP with a Democrat in the white house, the GOP will call the President a Socialist, claim that Socialism is fundamentally incompatible with the ability to perform the duties of the President, and they would use it on the President, VP, and we would have their hand-picked Speaker of the House as the new President, electoral will of the people be damned.
    Last edited by Antiganon; 2020-10-09 at 02:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.

  17. #61117
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    the other
    Posts
    56,623
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I think she’s attempting to “seed” the notion of Trump being too sick to serve.
    “Brainworms” or “earworms”, are called conditioning, outside of music context.
    As above, so below.
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    My body is a wonderland.

  18. #61118
    Quote Originally Posted by Antiganon View Post
    I read that as "Congress may establish a commission to determine whether the 25th should be invoked" not "Congress itself may choose to invoke the 25th".
    They talked about this on CNN last night, and it didn't sound like that. But either way, it requires the Vice President to be on board, so it's a non-starter. But it does bring up the issue that needs to be talked about: Are these steroids and COVID side effects incapacitating Trump enough that he shouldn't be making decisions? He certainly sounds nutty in his interviews.

  19. #61119
    The Unstoppable Force Belize's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Gen-OT College of Shitposting
    Posts
    20,393
    Quote Originally Posted by solinari6 View Post
    He certainly sounds nutty in his interviews.
    Are you saying thw Virginia governor isn't personally executing babies after they're born?

  20. #61120
    Newman has a few words for Trump...



    Pretty sure it's too late to have any real impact before the election but I found it pretty funny anyway.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •