1. #61721
    Quote Originally Posted by pathora44 View Post
    So there is a new "documentary", I am wary to call it a documentary because it seem to be in the same line as a Dinesh D'Souza "documentary" i.e. absolute shit, called "Trump vs Hollywood" where Daphne Barak goes around to interview Trump supporting celebrities and how everyone is so mean to them and Trump for being Conservative. She interviews people like Dean Cain, Scott Baio, Kevin Sorbo, Kristy Swanson i.e. actors, generally t.v., who peaked in the 90's or earlier and are pissed they don't get parts today. Not specifically about Trump but they like most Republicans have tied their existence to Trump as their Cheetos crusted man god.

    https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...002948981.html
    That was quite funny. Is he racist? Silence.

  2. #61722
    Merely a Setback Breccia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    29,076
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    the DoJ saying "The president literally did not mean the thing he explicitly called for" is an extremely dangerous precedent.
    I don't know if I agree with "dangerous", but I agree in spirit. Basically, the DoJ said "Trump asked for it in public, but he didn't mean it, so we're not doing it". Basically, I think it comes down to "Trump is lying to the American people, but not to us specifically".

    The DoJ admitting Trump is lying is just getting on the same plane of reality as everyone else. I know what you meant by "dangerous" but if anything, this seems Trump-specific and unlikely to be used in the future. After all, name one time W or Obama gave orders through social media.

  3. #61723
    The Insane Kathandira's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ziltoidia 9
    Posts
    17,690
    Quote Originally Posted by pathora44 View Post
    So there is a new "documentary", I am wary to call it a documentary because it seem to be in the same line as a Dinesh D'Souza "documentary" i.e. absolute shit, called "Trump vs Hollywood" where Daphne Barak goes around to interview Trump supporting celebrities and how everyone is so mean to them and Trump for being Conservative. She interviews people like Dean Cain, Scott Baio, Kevin Sorbo, Kristy Swanson i.e. actors, generally t.v., who peaked in the 90's or earlier and are pissed they don't get parts today. Not specifically about Trump but they like most Republicans have tied their existence to Trump as their Cheetos crusted man god.

    https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...002948981.html
    lol, watched that trailer. Each of the Pro-Trump celebs there were washed up well before Trump even considered running for President.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

    Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

  4. #61724
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    lol, watched that trailer. Each of the Pro-Trump celebs there were washed up well before Trump even considered running for President.
    They think they don't get cast because of their politics and religion, when they fail to recognise they're just shitty actors.

    It's also ironic that Conservatives always blame externalities for their failed careers but seem to think institutional racism is a myth.

  5. #61725
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    I've seen plenty of "what he meant was..." from this administration, but the DoJ saying "The president said a thing and literally didn't mean it at all" is an extremely dangerous precedent that should make everyone wary of leaving him in charge.
    People were not wary before?

    Obviously the DoJ doesn't start throwing pdf's on the internet just because the President said something in a tweet, as with everything there are proper channels and the DoJ isn't going to release classified information without those channels being followed. To do otherwise just makes you look really stupid when your arrested for Unauthorized Disclosure of Classified Information because you did what a dumb tweet said.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

  6. #61726
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    The DoJ admitting Trump is lying is just getting on the same plane of reality as everyone else. I know what you meant by "dangerous" but if anything, this seems Trump-specific and unlikely to be used in the future. After all, name one time W or Obama gave orders through social media.
    To be clear I do mean a Trump-specific precedent, but if he gets another 4 years...

    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Obviously the DoJ doesn't start throwing pdf's on the internet just because the President said something in a tweet, as with everything there are proper channels and the DoJ isn't going to release classified information without those channels being followed. To do otherwise just makes you look really stupid when your arrested for Unauthorized Disclosure of Classified Information because you did what a dumb tweet said.
    Yeah, and the military has certainly used the "proper channels" argument before, and I'd have understood if the DoJ did that here. They didn't. They went with "he didn't mean it." Which means that either he did mean it and the DoJ is gaslighting the president, or the president is insane and says things he doesn't mean. Both are terrible options for the country.
    Last edited by DarkTZeratul; 2020-10-14 at 05:14 PM.

  7. #61727
    Legendary! PresidentElectMilchschake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Giving Fascists Tummy Aches
    Posts
    6,945
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    They think they don't get cast because of their politics and religion, when they fail to recognise they're just shitty actors.

    It's also ironic that Conservatives always blame externalities for their failed careers but seem to think institutional racism is a myth.
    See Also; conservative comedians.

    Really, if they have a little bit of talent. Netflix or Spotify will throw them a bone once most people forget why they're so bad.

    A friend and I play this game; How many levels of bad movies from "People also watched..." do we have to go through before finding 'Mythica'.
    Kevin Sorbo, who plays one of the roles in the film, said about the project: "Mythica"— a movie like "The Lord of the Rings", where I play someone like Gandalf..
    Welcome to GEN-OT, have a seat, we'll introduce you to the 23-year-old who will lecture you about how Democrats didn't try hard enough to improve the ACA, and once that's all set up you'll be assigned a socialist who supported Ron Paul up to 2015 to harass you forever.
    "Once bigotry or self-loathing permeate a given community, it is only a matter of time before deep metaphysical significance is assigned to the shape of human skulls."
    -Lady Foppington

  8. #61728
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    Das Reich....I mean the Daily Mail is now running the story as well. It's basically a lot of Hunter Biden being high plus a random email.



    It's a lot of nothing, but just something for Trump to whinge about.
    @Edge & @Paranoid Android, below is the Biden team's response.



    Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    See Also; conservative comedians.

    Really, if they have a little bit of talent. Netflix or Spotify will throw them a bone once most people forget why they're so bad.

    A friend and I play this game; How many levels of bad movies from "People also watched..." do we have to go through before finding 'Mythica'.
    Kevin Sorbo, who plays one of the roles in the film, said about the project: "Mythica"— a movie like "The Lord of the Rings", where I play someone like Gandalf..
    Kevin Sorbo was cool when I was a kid. Hercules and Xena were fun shows. Then he lost his mind and thought it was Jesus or bust.

    I'm a-okay with Jesus. But don't wonder why your career dies, when you say everyone will go to hell if they don't accept him as their saviour.

  9. #61729
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    @Edge & @Paranoid Android, below is the Biden team's response.

    Shocking. Everything about this story was suspect as fuck to begin with, from him bringing his laptop into a random shop in a different state than he lives in to the apparently error-riddled emails.

  10. #61730
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Shocking. Everything about this story was suspect as fuck to begin with, from him bringing his laptop into a random shop in a different state than he lives in to the apparently error-riddled emails.
    Rudy Giuliani, America's Batshit Crazy Uncle Who Was Mayor During 9/11.

  11. #61731
    https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...81765443952641

    Eyyy, the "law and order" Trump loves CA Republicans placing illegal ballot drop-off boxes!

  12. #61732
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I had that talk with a few of the members, including one racist old guy I knew would probably get upset. He got upset. Very upset. And blamed my liberal college education for brainwashing me.

    The others were actually pretty interested, but I had a chortle at the racist old dudes insistence that Columbus was a great explorer who surely never raped or enslaved or massacred anyone.
    to be fair here in italy we study that columbus was a lucky merchant with terrible managing skills. at least in the only page about colombo of my highschool history book there is that he was wrong as fuck when he sailed and was dismissed for his incompetence and tiranny. then sure, there is more focus on pizzarro and cortes crimes, but there isnt any glorification about colombo D:

  13. #61733
    Merely a Setback Breccia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    29,076
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    To be clear I do mean a Trump-specific precedent
    Indeed, the difference we're discussing is theory vs. practice. I think we agree like 90% and vary only really on terminology.

  14. #61734
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...81765443952641

    Eyyy, the "law and order" Trump loves CA Republicans placing illegal ballot drop-off boxes!
    Oh, that was he meant!

    I thought me meant that one should fight "hard Republicans" :-)

    But I don't see why Trump cares about those votes in California. Does he think he will win that state?

  15. #61735
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...81765443952641

    Eyyy, the "law and order" Trump loves CA Republicans placing illegal ballot drop-off boxes!
    Sounds like he's endorsing that illegal ballot box drop off.....isn't that aiding and abetting? Kind of? Given his station and influence with the party?

    I didn't think I could shake my head any more when it comes to things having to do with Trump, that orange shit stain never ceases to amaze me with how little he cares about, or outright ignores, "the bar." It's not that it can get lower or higher with him, it's just not even fucking there.

  16. #61736
    Merely a Setback Breccia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    29,076
    Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    I thought me meant that one should fight "hard Republicans" :-)
    WARNING WARNING RULE 34 ENGAGED

    On topic, Munchkin has admitted there isn't going to be a COVID relief bill, pretty much. There just isn't enough time.

    Funny, the House passed its proposal in May. Since then, Pelosi has made multiple offers. Trump stopped most because McConnell said "leave me out of it", McConnell is now stopping the rest.

    Where did all that time go? Was Trump golfing? I think Trump was golfing.

  17. #61737
    Quote Originally Posted by pathora44 View Post
    So there is a new "documentary", I am wary to call it a documentary because it seem to be in the same line as a Dinesh D'Souza "documentary" i.e. absolute shit, called "Trump vs Hollywood" where Daphne Barak goes around to interview Trump supporting celebrities and how everyone is so mean to them and Trump for being Conservative. She interviews people like Dean Cain, Scott Baio, Kevin Sorbo, Kristy Swanson i.e. actors, generally t.v., who peaked in the 90's or earlier and are pissed they don't get parts today. Not specifically about Trump but they like most Republicans have tied their existence to Trump as their Cheetos crusted man god.

    https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...002948981.html
    And then Scott Baio said the following in that article you linked. These Republicans really do think that gun control = no guns and that Democrats don't have any, I think they would be surprised when they find out that's not the case.

    When it was Charles in Charge star Baio’s turn, he was much less conciliatory: “If you’re not hiring me because I’m a conservative, shame on you. If there’s a civil war, then don’t forget who has all the guns.”

  18. #61738
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonKing View Post
    And then Scott Baio said the following in that article you linked. These Republicans really do think that gun control = no guns and that Democrats don't have any, I think they would be surprised when they find out that's not the case.
    Why the hard on for a civil war? But holy shit, is he fucking stupid thinking only one side has guns.

  19. #61739
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonKing View Post
    And then Scott Baio said the following in that article you linked. These Republicans really do think that gun control = no guns and that Democrats don't have any, I think they would be surprised when they find out that's not the case.
    There is no thought for life they are quick to violence and so quick to talk about ending a human life.

  20. #61740
    Quote Originally Posted by some guy View Post
    Why the hard on for a civil war? But holy shit, is he fucking stupid thinking only one side has guns.
    Republicans have just gotten so high off their own Democrats are going to take all the guns rhetoric that they've been spewing for decades that they actually do believe that Democrats don't have any guns.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •