1. #62101
    Herald of the Titans TigTone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Westfall
    Posts
    2,678
    Did COVID damage his brain to the point he is unconsciously telling the truth in between his lies?

    Or is it the drugs he is still on?

  2. #62102
    Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    Burma now thats a term/word i haven't seen in a while. Not since my grandads last war story.
    The last time I heard Burma:



    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    Did COVID damage his brain to the point he is unconsciously telling the truth in between his lies?

    Or is the drugs he is still on?
    Given the evidence of the past few years, how could we possibly tell?

  3. #62103
    The Unstoppable Force Kaleredar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    phasing...
    Posts
    22,494
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    GOP senators voice fears of a painful Trump defeat

    Well, y'all backed him.



    I assume he means figuratively.



    Or, as we call it in the industry, "ten points".



    "Surely this is just panick."



    Holding the Senate will be tougher as Trump attacks his own people. Well, no, attacks Republicans. Simply put, allying yourself with an adulterous lying thief who failed every promise he didn't break intentionally, who has been taking goverment and election money for himself and then whining because he might have to answer questions about his own handling of the coronavirus WITHOUT SHOUTING OUT OF TURN, hasn't been working. And the Party of Trump is too far out at sea to be picked up by another ship.

    I've been saying, they have no choice. The Party of Trump made me correct. They chose not to look at other options. Their party message is really just "whatever Trump wants".

    Leaders make results. Losers make excuses. Breccia makes red beans and rice because it's Monday.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Yep, here it is from another source.



    Why brag about being able to do something that's illegal? Especially when you're under investigation?
    Very few people have deserved what’s coming to them more than the GOP following a Biden victory.

    Sell your soul to the devil, get burned. Simple as that.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

  4. #62104
    I think it's rather revealing thst "someone" is under investigation for cooking up red beans and rice on Monday...and bragging about it.

    Well...it's not Taco Tuesday...so.

  5. #62105
    The Insane Masark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    17,460
    Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    Something about dogs, fleas and laying down.

    Too late now mfer's. NO LIFEBOATS
    Sink the lifeboats!

    Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

  6. #62106
    ."I call the head of Exxon. I'll use a company. 'How, how are you doing, how's energy coming? When are doing the exploration? Oh, you need a couple of permits, huh?' But I call the head of Exxon, I say, 'you know, I'd love you to send me $25m for the campaign'" - Trump #QuidProQuo https://t.co/Tr1ccpyMzw
    https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1...762934272?s=19

    Trump admitting he will give permits for political donations.

    Oh calm down. Another Trump Derangement Syndrome.

    .We are aware of the President’s statement regarding a hypothetical call with our CEO…and just so we’re all clear, it never happened.
    https://twitter.com/exxonmobil/statu...146141701?s=19

    A statement from ExxonMobil.
    “There is a cult of ignorance in the United States…. [It is] nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that ‘my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.’”

    -Isaac Asimov

  7. #62107
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    At least it's not another country saying that Trump made up a discussion with a world leader : |

  8. #62108
    The Unstoppable Force Belize's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Gen-OT College of Shitposting
    Posts
    20,393
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Sink the lifeboats!
    Given the position of the sun and the moon, I'd say they're at the bottom of the ocean. I bit lots of holes in them.

  9. #62109
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    At least it's not another country saying that Trump made up a discussion with a world leader : |
    How awful can someone be that he makes fucking Exxon-Mobil look like the good guys/the sane guys?
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker



  10. #62110
    57,327 new cases; over 11k more than last Monday. As near as I can tell the Wisconsin numbers missing from the past couple days were distributed over all three (Saturday/Sunday/Monday) so they do not account for the huge jump today.

    Texas: 4,214 new cases; 17 deaths
    California: 3,893 new cases; 22 deaths
    Wisconsin: 3,777 new cases; 12 deaths
    Tennessee: 3,317 new cases (new record); 13 deaths
    Illinois: 3,113 new cases; 22 deaths
    Michigan: 2,096 new cases; 16 deaths
    Kansas: 2,084 new cases (new record); 12 deaths
    Ohio: 1,874 new cases; 8 deaths
    Fuck Florida.
    Pennsylvania: 1,637 new cases; 8 deaths
    Minnesota: 1,627 new cases; 5 deaths
    Indiana: 1,584 new cases; 23 deaths
    New Jersey: 1,302 new cases; 3 deaths
    New York: 1,221 new cases; 20 deaths
    Connecticut: 1,191 new cases; 12 deaths
    Missouri: 1,179 new cases; 2 deaths
    Utah: 1,168 new cases; 3 deaths
    North Carolina: 1,144 new cases; 5 deaths
    Colorado: 1,072 new cases; 4 deaths

    This is the highest total on a Monday we've had since the end of July when we were coming down off the peak of around 78k. I'm not looking forward to how this week is going to look, to be honest. Looking at the trends from the past week and not reading very much about actions taken for the worst states affected (dipshit governor Kristi Noem is taking the "higher numbers because more testing!" route) it doesn't look like we're close to peaking for this wave. There's a good chance we'll be reaching 70k by the end of the week. Expect more records in the next few days.

    442 deaths is once again over 100 more than last Monday. Not a good trend. The national total is now 225,222. 18 states hit double digits on this low-report day. Florida once again lead the way.

    Related news:

    A Woman In Her 30s Died From COVID-19 On a Flight--For FUCK'S sake, Texas. This actually happened back in July but they only RECENTLY found out that she died of COVID-19.
    Trump is 'sitting' on $9 billion earmarked for COVID-19 testing because of a controversial advisor--Trump isn't done killing Americans.
    'Uncontrolled Spread' of COVID in Majority of U.S. States--Something we already figured out, but it's confirmed.

    Stay safe, folks.

  11. #62111
    The Undying Breccia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    30,512
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    It's going to be harder and harder to maintain that narrative if the deaths start going up.

  12. #62112
    Scarab Lord Zaydin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    FL, USA
    Posts
    4,058
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    It's going to be harder and harder to maintain that narrative if the deaths start going up.
    Do you really think Trumphadi cultists are going to let things like facts get in the way of their bullshit narratives? Truthiness is more important to them than what is actually true because the truth is bad for them.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

  13. #62113
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    It's going to be harder and harder to maintain that narrative if the deaths start going up.
    I think you mean when considering how cases are spiking.

  14. #62114
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    It's going to be harder and harder to maintain that narrative if the deaths start going up.
    It's already hard to maintain that narrative because hospitalizations is going up.

    Hospitalization numbers are pretty much the bridge indicators between increased cases and increased deaths.
    Last edited by Benggaul; 2020-10-20 at 02:37 AM.

  15. #62115
    Fuck I hate seeing those numbers going back up like this. On a purely petty, personal level, I'm just pissed a bunch of stupid, selfish assholes are dragging this out for the fucking rest of us. Would be real nice to have some actual leadership on the issue.

  16. #62116
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    the other
    Posts
    56,623
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    The last time I heard Burma:
    It’s on my driving “playlist”:

    As above, so below.
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    My body is a wonderland.

  17. #62117
    @Benggaul those are some crappy numbers to start the week. Maybe I’m pessimistic, you say we might hit 70k this week, but given how much it’s been increasing, I’m thinking 70k might be low for this week, I think we might see at least one day in the 75-80k =\

  18. #62118
    Quote Originally Posted by swiftowner View Post
    @Benggaul those are some crappy numbers to start the week. Maybe I’m pessimistic, you say we might hit 70k this week, but given how much it’s been increasing, I’m thinking 70k might be low for this week, I think we might see at least one day in the 75-80k =\
    Well considering today is Monday it's impossible for 70k to be the low for the week.

    However I agree that we could reach 75k. The day with the highest totals for the week is usually Friday and last week we passed 71k. A 9k jump on Friday to pass 80k is not out of the realm of possibility.

  19. #62119
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    A Woman In Her 30s Died From COVID-19 On a Flight--For FUCK'S sake, Texas. This actually happened back in July but they only RECENTLY found out that she died of COVID-19.
    This fucking terrifies me.

    30.
    No underlying health conditions.
    Was able to board a flight and apparently died because even taking off on the 1-2 hour flight.
    Died on a fucking airplane.

    Jesus christ, I know it was for completely different reasons but like...I'm slowly warming up to John Madden's fear of airplanes.

  20. #62120
    On a lighter note, here is very well done song on why you should wear a mask!

    https://twitter.com/DrEricDing/statu...90911174905857

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •