1. #62141
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    solve coagula
    Posts
    54,318
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    The last time I heard Burma:
    It’s on my driving “playlist”:

    As above, so below.
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    That which is Below corresponds to that which is Above, and that which is Above corresponds to that which is Below, to accomplish the miracle of the One Thing.

  2. #62142
    @Benggaul those are some crappy numbers to start the week. Maybe I’m pessimistic, you say we might hit 70k this week, but given how much it’s been increasing, I’m thinking 70k might be low for this week, I think we might see at least one day in the 75-80k =\

  3. #62143
    Quote Originally Posted by swiftowner View Post
    @Benggaul those are some crappy numbers to start the week. Maybe I’m pessimistic, you say we might hit 70k this week, but given how much it’s been increasing, I’m thinking 70k might be low for this week, I think we might see at least one day in the 75-80k =\
    Well considering today is Monday it's impossible for 70k to be the low for the week.

    However I agree that we could reach 75k. The day with the highest totals for the week is usually Friday and last week we passed 71k. A 9k jump on Friday to pass 80k is not out of the realm of possibility.

  4. #62144
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    A Woman In Her 30s Died From COVID-19 On a Flight--For FUCK'S sake, Texas. This actually happened back in July but they only RECENTLY found out that she died of COVID-19.
    This fucking terrifies me.

    30.
    No underlying health conditions.
    Was able to board a flight and apparently died because even taking off on the 1-2 hour flight.
    Died on a fucking airplane.

    Jesus christ, I know it was for completely different reasons but like...I'm slowly warming up to John Madden's fear of airplanes.

  5. #62145
    On a lighter note, here is very well done song on why you should wear a mask!

    https://twitter.com/DrEricDing/statu...90911174905857

  6. #62146
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    This fucking terrifies me.

    30.
    No underlying health conditions.
    Was able to board a flight and apparently died because even taking off on the 1-2 hour flight.
    Died on a fucking airplane.

    Jesus christ, I know it was for completely different reasons but like...I'm slowly warming up to John Madden's fear of airplanes.
    Yep, she would have had to have been showing symptoms to die that quickly.

  7. #62147
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Fuck I hate seeing those numbers going back up like this. On a purely petty, personal level, I'm just pissed a bunch of stupid, selfish assholes are dragging this out for the fucking rest of us. Would be real nice to have some actual leadership on the issue.
    Would be nice to have some kind of method to hold them accountable for it. All we can do now is wag our fingers at them while they thumb their nose and act like shitheads, pretending like this isn't a big deal. It's infuriating.

  8. #62148
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Fuck I hate seeing those numbers going back up like this. On a purely petty, personal level, I'm just pissed a bunch of stupid, selfish assholes are dragging this out for the fucking rest of us. Would be real nice to have some actual leadership on the issue.
    Unfortunately, the highest leadership position in your entire country is the one that encourages those same stupid, selfish assholes.

  9. #62149
    Not sure what is worse the assholes who don't want to wear a mask or socially distance or the school systems, hospitals, and retail stores that cave to angry people screaming about their freedoms. Hell there's rumors that schools opening here in Illinois are having their teachers and staff members sign NDAs if an outbreak occurs in the school. Yes a bunch of angry parents confronted a school board and supposedly the staff is to say nothing to any media local or national should an outbreak occur in the district.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

  10. #62150
    Merely a Setback cubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    29,529
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Unfortunately, the highest leadership position in your entire country is the one that encourages those same stupid, selfish assholes.
    There has never been a better time to discuss the idea of pre-requisites for President - some kind of elected office prior to running.

  11. #62151
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    57,327 new cases; over 11k more than last Monday. As near as I can tell the Wisconsin numbers missing from the past couple days were distributed over all three (Saturday/Sunday/Monday) so they do not account for the huge jump today.
    Have you seen this site ? Its a visual representation similar to what you are doing, and it is frankly scary. It also tracks ICU/hospital bed usage per state and things are looking very bad. For example Georgie is at 80% ICU occupancy and 90% bed occupancy already and things are still ramping up.

  12. #62152
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Well considering today is Monday it's impossible for 70k to be the low for the week.

    However I agree that we could reach 75k. The day with the highest totals for the week is usually Friday and last week we passed 71k. A 9k jump on Friday to pass 80k is not out of the realm of possibility.
    Yeah, I meant 70k is optimistic as the high. Might be low compared to what we actually hit, not the actual low.

  13. #62153
    Merely a Setback Breccia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    29,145
    Quote Originally Posted by swiftowner View Post
    [MENTION=642233] I’m thinking 70k might be low for this week, I think we might see at least one day in the 75-80k =\
    The last week had a daily average of 59,000 and change, which is up 34% from two weeks ago.

    If that rate of increase continues, it'll be over 68,000 by Sunday. That's the average, not the high.

    The only good news is deaths aren't up...yet. We've gone from "deaths have been slightly decreasing" to "deaths are not decreasing". This is a critical point.

  14. #62154
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    No underlying health conditions.
    Slight correction; the articles says she DID have an underlying health condition. However most of America does, to be honest (i.e. obesity), so I've always found that to be a stupid addition.

    Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    Have you seen this site ? Its a visual representation similar to what you are doing, and it is frankly scary. It also tracks ICU/hospital bed usage per state and things are looking very bad. For example Georgie is at 80% ICU occupancy and 90% bed occupancy already and things are still ramping up.
    I've seen it and have used it a couple times when I couldn't find an answer elsewhere for things like positivity, but I generally just like seeing the raw data itself and thinking up my own visualizations. It's a good resource for everyone, though--if scary.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by swiftowner View Post
    Yeah, I meant 70k is optimistic as the high. Might be low compared to what we actually hit, not the actual low.
    I try to err on the side of optimism always. Because we have more than enough to be pessimistic about this year.

  15. #62155


    Pretty bang on assessment of the GOP under Trump.

  16. #62156
    Scarab Lord Poopymonster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Neverland Ranch Survivor
    Posts
    4,563
    Quote Originally Posted by GreyStriker View Post
    On a lighter note, here is very well done song on why you should wear a mask!

    https://twitter.com/DrEricDing/statu...90911174905857
    Bring back the classics.

    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

  17. #62157
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post


    Pretty bang on assessment of the GOP under Trump.
    This is going to get very, very bad if/when Trump loses the election. QAnon conspiracy nutters are absolutely fucking insane and now we have Fox news and Republicans promoting it with no evidence.

  18. #62158
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    solve coagula
    Posts
    54,318
    Quote Originally Posted by GreyStriker View Post
    On a lighter note, here is very well done song on why you should wear a mask!

    https://twitter.com/DrEricDing/statu...90911174905857
    If the goal is funny, this is a video about wearing a mask:

    As above, so below.
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    That which is Below corresponds to that which is Above, and that which is Above corresponds to that which is Below, to accomplish the miracle of the One Thing.

  19. #62159
    The Lightbringer GreenGoldSharpie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    3,243
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    Not sure what is worse the assholes who don't want to wear a mask or socially distance or the school systems, hospitals, and retail stores that cave to angry people screaming about their freedoms. Hell there's rumors that schools opening here in Illinois are having their teachers and staff members sign NDAs if an outbreak occurs in the school. Yes a bunch of angry parents confronted a school board and supposedly the staff is to say nothing to any media local or national should an outbreak occur in the district.
    One of the things I'm happiest about is that I got out of the profession before this all began.

    Social media blackouts aren't a new thing for educators, though. Social behavior clauses are downright puritanical still. It still is an issue if you post a picture of yourself on social media with a drink in your hands or get caught in the supermarket with a few bottles of wine in your cart by a nosy parent. Hell, most teachers live out of the district for this and privacy reasons.

    Also, I know several friends who are using fake Facebook accounts to counter what idiots parents are saying on school and town pages where a lot of this happens. Believe me, teachers get around the blocks at every turn.

    Want a real eye opener on how schools are doing with this? Read r/teachers. Shit is scary, yo.

  20. #62160
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    solve coagula
    Posts
    54,318
    You know that freedom of speech that twitter and Facebook are attacking?

    'Apparently in the Trump era laughing is a crime' | St. Louis activist sues President Trump
    https://www.ksdk.com/article/news/lo...p/63-527544198
    More than 30 people were arrested at the event, including Brown. In a video on social media, Brown is heard laughing during President Trump’s speech, which led him to stop talking.

    President Trump told police to remove Brown, saying ‘Get him out of here,’ almost immediately after Brown laughed. The crowd started to cheer as police started escorting Brown out of the rally.
    As above, so below.
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    That which is Below corresponds to that which is Above, and that which is Above corresponds to that which is Below, to accomplish the miracle of the One Thing.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •