Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    Hitler is also a unit of measurement but it needs updating for the current market. This was in 2010.

Oi. A Hitler is a metric unit. Get your own imperial maniac to make your units. Like, a Trump. One Trump equals 0.34 Hitlers, or 0.5 Mussolinis.

People will remember the attempted electoral coup by Donald Trump.
    Last edited by szechuan; 2020-12-08 at 12:13 PM.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    you know, on a rather lighthearted note: I don't know if anyone mentioned it yet, but upon skimming through Trump hashtags on Twitter I found a popular trend of a Japanese comic strip under the title "Death Note" where Trump made a drawn appearance and the author wrote him as a coward and pathological liar based on the pages I read

considering this is a published comic book sold for money, that's pretty offensive

I would be surprised if Japan views Trump unfavorably considering the strong alliance JP has with the US
    And yet, you don't find overt racism and sexual assault to be offensive... what gives?

Were you offended when Trump ran a scam college? Nope.

Were you offended when Trump refused to rent to people because they were black? Nope.

Were you offended when he bragged about sexual assault? Nope.

Were you offended when He mocked handicapped people? Nope.

Now, if you want to counter this, by all means, give it a try. Any silence on the issue will be taken as an admission that you are a lying hypocrite. Since you are a Trump supporter, I think you are going to have a difficult time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Gable's reply to this happening?
    Standing in the White House, getting awarded the Medal of Freedom and not having to deal with Trump? I'd call that a win!

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    I've no sympathy for antivaxxers. Self-harming stupidity is fine but bringing other people into your nonsense is license for contempt, and there should be no compunctions about using unemployment as an enforcement mechanism when it comes to public health.
    I'm not an antivaxxer by any means, but most vaccines have had a LOT of studies done on them, that we just haven't had time to do with these. What are the long term effects of these vaccines? They were built in this new snazzy way (totally forgot what that was, something about rDna?), so we have no idea if that causes any problems long term. For me, I would like to know if there are any long term effects in connection with people who have kidney disease. There have been no tests on that. I'll probably still take the vaccine and hope for the best, but I certainly understand people being apprehensive about it.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Where the Trump supporters at? You ready to give your lives for this man?
    If you're attempting to call out the Trump supporters still lurking on the boards, don't bother. In the past, the most they could manage were drive-by "Gotchas!", and it seems like even that's started to die down. The ones on the boards aren't even the hardcore, red hat-wearing zealots. They are the "stoic independents" that sit on the sidelines, wringing their hands about the evil SJWs ruining media and the scary brown people rioting in the blue states.

In short, they aren't the sort of folk to stick their neck out for anyone or anything, even their "God Emperor".
    "Go back...I just want to go back...!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    What is he even suggesting here?
    50/50, stand in packed crowds without masks, or armed insurrection.

Good grief, Arizona. I hope for your sakes that's a correction.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    At what point do we charge this mother fucker with treason

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...?ocid=msedgdhp

Pennsylvania is the third state in which Mr. Trump is known to have reached out to top elected Republicans to try to reverse the will of voters. He earlier summoned Michigan legislative leaders to the White House, and over the weekend he pressed Gov. Brian Kemp of Georgia to call upon that state’s legislature to reverse the election.

At a rally in Georgia on Saturday, Mr. Trump said Mr. Kemp “could stop it very easily if he knew what the hell he was doing.” But Mr. Kemp has repeatedly declined to call for a special session of the legislature, and state election officials recertified Georgia’s results on Monday after another recount again showed that Mr. Biden had won the state.
    The sooner the better, imo. Trump will be facing numerous charges coming out of his Residency. Civil, criminal, and there is an outside chance that the Trump Organization assets will be seized days or weeks after Biden's inauguration.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    While you may be joking
    Sadly I was not.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    While you may be joking this is open sedition by a political party and we need to do something about this shit.
    It truly is, and we have no mechanism to punish this kind of blatantly undemocratic behavior. They just get to keep marching on, will more than likely retain control of the Senate, and will probably make gains in both houses in 2022. Biden might just be a hiccup in the story of America headed down the dark path of fascism.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    The mechanism to punish sedition is supposed to be the judiciary... that’s why it’s a crime.
    The GOP didn't violate any laws...there is no mechanism to punish them because there is no crime to charge.

10+ Year Old Account
    The defense bill Trump promised to veto, unless it sanctions FB and Twitter for callint out Trump's objective lies, is headed for the floor.

Normally this would be an easy decision, but times being what they are, place your bets:
    1) Trump the craven fat coward backs down, signs the bill, and whines about it, or
    2) Trump follows through and intentionally attacks the troops on his way out the door

What do you guys think? I honestly don't care either way, Biden will sign it Jan 20th at 12:04 if he has to, it's just a question whether Trump is a blowhard gutless fat coward or a destructive tantrum-throwing toddler.

"Surely there's a third option."

Not anymore, Trump already said he'd veto it and why.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    The GOP didn't violate any laws...there is no mechanism to punish them because there is no crime to charge.
    Well in theory what trump is doing directly courting various state govt to overturn an election could in theory fall under bribery. Do this for me and then I do something for you. Also in various states it could be considered election fraud of some flavor. The issue would be if its not successful it would be hard to charge. But if it was successful it would much more clearly be a crime in a lot of states that have very specific rules for how elections are handled.

10+ Year Old Account
    We've talked about this before, we'll likely talk about it again.

Until then: "Can the President Pardon Himself?"

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaid View Post
    Well in theory what trump is doing directly courting various state govt to overturn an election could in theory fall under bribery. Do this for me and then I do something for you. Also in various states it could be considered election fraud of some flavor. The issue would be if its not successful it would be hard to charge. But if it was successful it would much more clearly be a crime in a lot of states that have very specific rules for how elections are handled.
    Attempted bribery is both a state and federal crime. However, Trump's specific act is an election violation, and the FEC would have jurisdiction, except the FEC doesn't exist right now - because Trump didn't appoint members, so they can't act on anything.

I'm with you on this, don't me wrong - what the GOP is doing under Trump is treason/sedition. But also not actionable under our current law.

It's so bad even GA Gov Kemp is telling the Trump rabid fan base to calm down and stop trying to break the law.

https://www.mediaite.com/trump/ny-at...an-pardon-him/

god how much money do we need to raise to bribe pence not to pardon him then becoming the biggest fuck you in American history?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kaid View Post
    bribery? fuck that he should be indicted for treason at this point.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    https://www.mediaite.com/trump/ny-at...an-pardon-him/

god how much money do we need to raise to bribe pence not to pardon him then becoming the biggest fuck you in American history?
    I don't know...I can't see him stepping down at this point. Even to help himself, he just doesn't seem to have that kind of self-help nature - plus, he believes he can Pardon himself. And the people around him are the worst sort of sycophants, so Trump won't be getting any good advice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    It's honestly hard to tell if we're seeing the extra surge from Thanksgiving (including travel before) or if things really are just this out of control in general. Before the holiday the change in cases week to week was dropping below 10k on some days, but now it's averaging well over. I should be able to start comparing to the previous week starting tomorrow so we'll have a clearer picture of how big a change it actually is, but I'm not expecting good news.
    Yeah, about that...

2k deaths at 12:30pm west coast time with 18 states, including 3 of the top 5, with no results posted at all.

It's definitely not good news.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Remember, we're on the same side here.

But in that link, can you pose the specific crimes listed that Trump has violated?
    Last edited by cubby; 2020-12-08 at 09:05 PM.