Quote Originally Posted by Resurgo View Post
    huh, seems Enrique Tarrio got an invite to the White House...
    https://parler.com/profile/NobleLead/posts
    well thats not very christmassy

looks like a public tour not an invite
    Last edited by jonnysensible; 2020-12-12 at 04:19 PM.

You mean Trump really does support violent racists?

I'm shocked.

an invite but yet no selfies or photo's with anyone in them. I mean, how many people does trump have no idea who they are but has pictures of him giving a thumbs up in them?

Probably did the same tour I did when I did an 8th grade dc trip.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Was he actually invited? Cause I’m reading that the WH denied it, saying he was just part of a tour.
    Hell of a coincidental tour, wouldn't you say?

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Indeed... indeed it is.
    It's like Hitler running into Himler at the ice cream shop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    It's like Hitler running into Himler at the ice cream shop.
    That would be such a gas.

IF Biden gets in, nothing will happen to Hunter or Joe. Barr will do nothing, and the new group of partisan killers coming in will quickly kill it all. Same thing with Durham. We caught them cold, spying, treason & more (the hard part), but “Justice” took too long. Will be DOA!
    Questions.

First, why is Trump so upset with Barr about not going after Biden for treason? He knew about it years ago. Surely the time to act was years ago, not now?

Second, if catching someone trying to rig an election is treason, then what's Trump doing refusing to accept the results of a legit one?

Third, why hasn't Trump fired Barr yet? He's clearly unhappy and the job would last a month anyhow. He wants something done or DOA, right? Why not fire Barr, like, right now? Just stop tweeting, and do it?

Fourth, what treason? I seem to remember an investigation of the investigation that came out clean. I remember it like I'm posting a link from a year ago. The word "justified" seems to appear, not "guilty" or "treason". Is Trump thinking of some other investigation, one which I can't seem to find?

Can anyone find the investigation which concluded anyone in Team Obama committed treason? I mean, surely it exists, Trump said they caught hin cold.

- - - Updated - - -

In the ongoing effort to show how dedicated Trump is to his job, Trump calls the coin flip at the Army/Navy game,

The flip came up heads, Trump screamed that it was tails, fired the band and incited violence against the officials.

Seventy-four million coin flip have come up tails. It's imposible to believe a coin will ever land heads up. This is a hoax! Send me more money. Covfefe. The cyber. JOBS!

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    That would be such a gas.
    /groan - that's ten more years in purgatory for you (we can play chess!).

Questions.

First, why is Trump so upset with Barr about not going after Biden for treason? He knew about it years ago. Surely the time to act was years ago, not now?

Second, if catching someone trying to rig an election is treason, then what's Trump doing refusing to accept the results of a legit one?

Third, why hasn't Trump fired Barr yet? He's clearly unhappy and the job would last a month anyhow. He wants something done or DOA, right? Why not fire Barr, like, right now? Just stop tweeting, and do it?

Fourth, what treason? I seem to remember an investigation of the investigation that came out clean. I remember it like I'm posting a link from a year ago. The word "justified" seems to appear, not "guilty" or "treason". Is Trump thinking of some other investigation, one which I can't seem to find?

Can anyone find the investigation which concluded anyone in Team Obama committed treason? I mean, surely it exists, Trump said they caught hin cold.

The flip came up heads, Trump screamed that it was tails, fired the band and incited violence against the officials.
    I was reading a Heather Richardson post a few weeks ago, and she used a phrase that has stuck with me: Trump uses chaos to create legitimacy. And I think he's just running out the last few plays of a loser playbook before his time it out.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Trump didn't need Hillary to win, he almost beat Biden after being the worst President in US history.

(a small swing in key states and Trump would have a 2nd term, that he loses by 8 mil votes doesn't matter due to the electoral collage. ~100k votes going to Trump instead of Biden in the right places and that is it).
    This wasn't a close election, though. Slow counting of mail-in ballots and Republican rhetoric might make you think it was, but it wasn't.

He lost almost all of the swing states by fairly large margins. Only GA was "close," and even then not very.

And you talk about him turning out more people in 2020 than 2016 as if he didn't lose the popular vote by a far larger margin than in 2016. When someone does the best they can and loses even harder, that's actually not a good sign for them.

The reality is most Trumpists are newly activated voters who haven't previously participated in elections. They got involved because Trump made politics "fun" for them, with the rallies and conspiracy theories.

They increased turnout, but at this point are clearly as much of a liability to the Republicans as an asset. And they're not interested in the establishment, which is why you're seeing so many Republicans trying to walk the line of supporting Trump without sticking their necks out too far.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    This wasn't a close election, though. Slow counting of mail-in ballots and Republican rhetoric might make you think it was, but it wasn't.

He lost almost all of the swing states by fairly large margins. Only GA was "close," and even then not very.

And you talk about him turning out more people in 2020 than 2016 as if he didn't lose the popular vote by a far larger margin than in 2016. When someone does the best they can and loses even harder, that's actually not a good sign for them.

The reality is most Trumpists are newly activated voters who haven't previously participated in elections. They got involved because Trump made politics "fun" for them, with the rallies and conspiracy theories.

They increased turnout, but at this point are clearly as much of a liability to the Republicans as an asset. And they're not interested in the establishment, which is why you're seeing so many Republicans trying to walk the line of supporting Trump without sticking their necks out too far.
    Arizona, 5,5k votes the other way to flip.
    Georgia, 6k votes the other way to flip.
    Wisconsin, 10k votes the other way to flip.
    Pennsylvania, 40k votes the other way to flip.
    Michigan, 77k votes the other way to flip.

I call that small margins when each of those is 3-7 mil votes in total. Of these only Michigan takes more then a 1% chance to swing.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

15+ Year Old Account
    Arizona, 5,5k votes the other way to flip.
    Georgia, 6k votes the other way to flip.
    Wisconsin, 10k votes the other way to flip.
    Pennsylvania, 40k votes the other way to flip.
    Michigan, 77k votes the other way to flip.

I call that small margins when each of those is 3-7 mil votes in total. Of these only Michigan takes more then a 1% chance to swing.
    Okay now combine the total necessary votes needed to flip to get him to 270.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Okay now combine the total necessary votes needed to flip to get him to 270.
    Arizona, Georgia and Pennsylvania, 51.5k votes the other way out of some 15 million or 0.3%?

Is that supposed to look like anything other then the smallest of margins?

A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Arizona, Georgia and Pennsylvania, 51.5k votes the other way out of some 15 million or 0.3%?

Is that supposed to look like anything other then the smallest of margins?
    If you’re trying to paint trump as some massively popular politician almost neck-and-neck with Biden, quibbling about the electoral college votes and districting that already disproportionately favors republicans (and yet they still lost) is not the way to do it.

The popular vote is the wholesale analysis of which politician is actually... you guessed it, more popular.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    IMG
    "No two scoops of ice cream for you until you eat your greens."

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    If you’re trying to paint trump as some massively popular politician almost neck-and-neck with Biden, quibbling about the electoral college votes and districting that already disproportionately favors republicans (and yet they still lost) is not the way to do it.

The popular vote is the wholesale analysis of which politician is actually... you guessed it, more popular.
    No, the discussion was about the fact that Trump is not an outlier and that someone like him can get elected again. That it wasn't just because of Hillary that he managed to win.

The point is that despite Trump being massively unpopular and arguably the worst President in US history, he still almost won a 2nd term.
    Last edited by Gorsameth; 2020-12-13 at 01:18 AM.

I find it a bit scary that, while it's hard to call Trump psychopathic, the way people don't take him seriously by now (as in, as a person) brings a lot of mind to Idi Amin back in the day. A man everyone thought was a joke and laughingstock despite his position.

Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    I find it a bit scary that, while it's hard to call Trump psychopathic, the way people don't take him seriously by now (as in, as a person) brings a lot of mind to Idi Amin back in the day. A man everyone thought was a joke and laughingstock despite his position.
    No, it is really easy to call him a psychopath, because he is a psychopath.

15+ Year Old Account
    No, the discussion was about the fact that Trump is not an outlier and that someone like him can get elected again. That it wasn't just because of Hillary that he managed to win.

The point is that despite Trump being massively unpopular and arguably the worst President in US history, he still almost won a 2nd term.
    If you want to call this "almost," sure. He'd dumpster against any actually charismatic candidate (Hillary and Biden are not popular), and there are very few people in this country who have his unique brand of what I'll charitably call the "charisma" necessary to draw the types of voters he drew.

Yes, this election does show that our country isn't immune from the threat of a fascist coup. However I think you're drinking a bit of the Trump Kool-Aid yourself if you think the election was anything but an outstanding failure on his part.

"Trump could have won this election or achieved a coup if he was a different person" is the real lesson to take away. If he had wielded Covid to his advantage, or had organized sufficient voter suppression, or had installed loyalists sooner, or had engineered actual evidence to support his claims of fraud, etc.

All of those caveats are predicated on the candidate in question not being Trump. And we should be aware, at least, if not fearful that a more intelligent, charismatic man with Trump's ambition and fascist bent could actually do something terrible to this country.

The good news, I think, is that such people are actually exceedingly rare.

- - - Updated - - -

while it's hard to call Trump psychopathic
    If you want to diagnosis him, he's a textbook case of narcissistic personality disorder.

220,298 new cases; about 7k more than last Saturday.

Top 20:

California: 29,214 new cases; 123 deaths
    Texas: 20,984 new cases (new record*); 216 deaths
    Ohio: 11,252 new cases; 216 deaths
    Fuck Florida.
    New York: 10,516 new cases; 79 deaths
    Pennsylvania: 10,029 new cases; 188 deaths
    Illinois: 8,737 new cases; 165 deaths
    Arizona: 8,077 new cases (new record*); 77 deaths
    Indiana: 7,401 new cases; 85 deaths
    Tennessee: 6,691 new cases; 73 deaths
    Georgia: 6,447 new cases; 44 deaths
    North Carolina: 6,153 new cases; 44 deaths
    Massachusetts: 5,289 new cases; 50 deaths
    Michigan: 4,813 new cases; 233 deaths
    New Jersey: 4,810 new cases; 61 deaths
    Minnesota: 4,430 new cases; 67 deaths
    Virginia: 4,177 new cases; 39 deaths
    Alabama: 4,066 new cases; 16 deaths
    Wisconsin: 4,059 new cases; 50 deaths
    Oklahoma: 3,983 new cases; 35 deaths

Other states with new case/death records: Nevada, South Carolina, West Virginia, Delaware and Alaska.

The asterisk by Texas' record is because the DSHS added about 140k probable cases to the dashboard. Worldometers distributed the bulk of them retroactively and there were supposedly around 2.6k new probables for today, but I'm going to keep the asterisk on this one until I see how next week shakes out. This marks the second time Texas has passed 20k and is, honestly, probably closer to reality.

The asterisk by Arizona is for the same reason as yesterday. They reached a new record today if you don't count the spike from Monday that appears to be a correction. Either way it looks awful there. Once again, bear in mind that they topped out just under 5k during the Summer outbreak and had to have death panels. They're nearly twice that now.

As for the rest, it's the weekend, so the fact that we hit 220k today as things are winding down is disheartening. I don't think we'll hit 200k tomorrow, but I can't completely rule it out either. It's a Sunday, so expect the usual underreporting. I might do a streamlined report tomorrow unless something surprising happens.

2,309 deaths is around 50 more than last Saturday and brings the total to 305,082. Not the hugest leap, but still trending upwards. Michigan had their second-highest death total. 41 states reported double-digit--or more--death totals.

Related news:

Covid-19 hospitalizations hit record high for 7th straight day--I think you guys get the picture by now.

Chicago hospital serving Black residents to close, sowing doubt about Covid-19 vaccine--This is maddening on so many levels.

Stay safe, folks.

10+ Year Old Account
    I find it a bit scary that
    Hey remember when I asked you a direct question and you refused to answer it?

So @YUPPIE do you know what might make everyone back off, and give you a second chance?

If you could find literally any post of yours in which you pointed to something Trump did, saying at the time "I think this is wrong"
    I mean, you do want to be seen as a genuine poster, right? Not just someone who comes on, responds to nothing, says something intending to get responses you yourself don't respond to, and then leaves?

Why don't you give this a try? This is the second time I'm asking you, nicely, to demonstrate that you are a genuine poster who should be taken seriously.