The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    I find it a bit scary that, while it's hard to call Trump psychopathic, the way people don't take him seriously by now (as in, as a person) brings a lot of mind to Idi Amin back in the day. A man everyone thought was a joke and laughingstock despite his position.
    Trump is a psychopath.
    No thinking human takes him seriously.
    Trump is a joke and a laughing stock. The worst president, objectively, in the modern history of our country.

You Trumpkins are adorable as the sun sets on your Dear Leader's reign.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Hey remember when I asked you a direct question and you refused to answer it?

I mean, you do want to be seen as a genuine poster, right? Not just someone who comes on, responds to nothing, says something intending to get responses you yourself don't respond to, and then leaves?

Why don't you give this a try? This is the second time I'm asking you, nicely, to demonstrate that you are a genuine poster who should be taken seriously.
    I fully supported Trump before and still hold to GOP ideals as stated. The reason I don't criticize Trump much if at all is because I wanted to believe in the man until the end. While I believe it doesn't veer to levels to anything particularly (if at all) horrible, any descriptiveness of my ideals and thoughts on multiculturalism and immigration policies are not appropriate for an extensive conversation here or on this site.

I still strongly, however, believe in and agree with one thing Trump is still saying: COVID originated in China and as a result of how we open our borders so freely, someone inevitably waltzed over and unleashed our current problems. Okay so he mishandled the pandemic to be sure, but I sincerely think abruptly displacing all the blame from its originators and on to Trump as some kind of scapegoat or catalyst is a mistake and it's dividing our nation (which is plausibly Jinping's whole goal).

This is America, you're free to believe in or support who you like. Someone mentioned there aren't many Republican supporters around posting. That's because they're essentially forced to cow down to peer pressure. And that's pretty wrong. You can be as outspoken as you like.

This is a pretty fair and full summary.
    Last edited by YUPPIE; 2020-12-13 at 02:57 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I fully supported Trump
    That's not what I asked. Please try again.

I find it a bit scary that, while it's hard to call Trump psychopathic, the way people don't take him seriously by now (as in, as a person) brings a lot of mind to Idi Amin back in the day. A man everyone thought was a joke and laughingstock despite his position.
    Why do you support Idi Amin?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    (maskless Trump)
    Trump did wear a mask part of the game, left early, and did not talk to reporters.

Trump is every bit the petulant immature loser we all knew he was, even when he was running in 2016, even by the people who say "I don't support Trump, but isn't he the greatest ARK ARK ARK (slaps flippers together)"

- - - Updated - - -

Washington state saw a clash between Trump supporters and BLM members.

Someone got shot. That ABC News article says we don't know who or why, so I can predict "a Trump supporter shot an unarmed BLM protestor" and y'all can throw it in my face if I'm wrong.

But don't hold your breath.

- - - Updated - - -

Since we've already poured salt onto Trump's mortal wounds, it's time to break out the sandpaper to rub it in.

From CNN: Trump raised firing Barr at a meeting Friday.

Now again, this would mostly be symbolic, but it's a message we already know: Trump fires everyone who doesn't do 100% what he says, even when what he says is illegal or impossible. This applies to everyone who isn't Trump. Trump will make no headway with any investigation he starts now -- no matter how partisan, petty or illegal -- and if he has any ongoing, firing Barr won't be the motivation his remaining DOJ allies are looking for.

You know, I never thought Barr would be the one saying "I never thought Trump would turn on me". And, well, maybe he won't. Maybe Barr's smart enough to record phone calls, archive texts, or keep emails. Maybe Barr knows he can't be fired -- he knows where the bodies are buried.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Why would a seal lion answer your questions? You didn’t offer any treats and it would ruin their act.
    First of all, that's awesome. Well done.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I have taken him quite seriously for a while now and will continue to do so. Mostly because his moronic cult does.
    Second, excellent point. One that should be taken very seriously. Even though Trump is a buffoon, his following and therefore influence cannot be ignored.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Arizona, Georgia and Pennsylvania, 51.5k votes the other way out of some 15 million or 0.3%?

Is that supposed to look like anything other then the smallest of margins?
    EDIT: [
    So in 2020, a flip of 33.0k could have flipped 38 EVs (GA, AZ, WI, NE-2) and the election (867 votes per EV), while a flip of only 21.9k (GA, AZ, WI) would have caused a tie (592 votes per EV). ]

And in 2016, a flip of 38.9k could have flipped 46 EVs (MI, WI, PA) and the election (846 votes per EV).

And in 2012, a flip of 214.8k could have flipped 64 EVs (FL, OH, NH, VA) and the election (3356 votes per EV).

And in 2008, a flip of 495.3k could have flipped 97 EVs (NC, IN, FL, OH, NH, VA, IA) and the election (5106 votes per EV).

And in 2004, a flip of 59.3k could have flipped 20 EVs (OH) and the election (2965 votes per EV), while a flip of only 18.8k (NM, IA, NV) would have caused a tie (1106 votes per EV).

And in 2000, as we all know, a flip of only 269 votes could have flipped 25 EVs (FL) and the election (11 votes per EV).

And in 1996, a flip of 579.3k could have flipped 112 EVs (NV, KY, AZ, TN, NM, FL, MO, NH, OH, DE, OR, WV) and the election (5172 votes per EV).

And in 1992, a flip of 284.8k could have flipped 103 EVs (GA, NH, NV, MT, OH, NJ, KY, DE, CO, TN, LA, HI) and the election (2765 votes per EV).

And in 1988, a flip of 549.2k could have flipped 160 EVs (VT, IL, PA, MD, NM, MT, SD, CA, MO, CT, DE, ND, WY, CO, AK) and the election (3433 votes per EV).

Hell, even in 1984, when Reagan won 49 states, a flip of only 2.68m votes could have flipped a whopping 257 EVs (24 states) and the election (10,422 votes per EV).

1976 would be only 9.2k flipped votes for 29 EVs (319 votes per EV).

1968 would be only 52.7k flipped votes for 35 EVs (1507 votes per EV).

1960 would be only 6.9k flipped votes for 37 EVs (186 votes per EV).

1948 would be only 12.5k flipped votes for 50 EVs (250 votes per EV).

So yeah, 2020 was close, but close is relatively normal.
    Last edited by PhaelixWW; 2020-12-13 at 04:01 AM.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

any descriptiveness of my ideals and thoughts on multiculturalism and immigration policies are not appropriate for an extensive conversation here or on this site.
    Yet another Trumper "Victim"

I still strongly, however, believe in and agree with one thing Trump is still saying: COVID originated in China and as a result of how we open our borders so freely, someone inevitably waltzed over and unleashed our current problems.
    Countries who contained the Virus blocked Travel to the USA.

Okay so he mishandled the pandemic to be sure, but I sincerely think abruptly displacing all the blame from its originators and on to Trump as some kind of scapegoat or catalyst is a mistake and it's dividing our nation (which is plausibly Jinping's whole goal).
    Wrong, The people dividing the nation are Trump and Trumpers, not Xi-Jinping or the CCP.

This is America, you're free to believe in or support who you like. That's because they're essentially forced to cow down to peer pressure.
    You can support anyone you want, They're not forced to cow down to anybody.
    Last edited by szechuan; 2020-12-13 at 04:30 AM.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

I still strongly, however, believe in and agree with one thing Trump is still saying: COVID originated in China and as a result of how we open our borders so freely, someone inevitably waltzed over and unleashed our current problems.
    You're welcome to be a bigot, but don't try to use a fucking respiratory virus to justify your insane nationalistic beliefs, just admit you hate brown people. Unless you wanted to literally halt ALL travel into and out of the country, and perhaps even all imports, in the middle of 2019, the virus was always going to come here. The impact on our economy and our lives is ENTIRELY the result of the atrocious mishandling by your God King and the vile GOP in the legislature. To lay any blame on immigration policy is so egregiously ignorant you almost have to be trolling, because you can't really be that stupid.

Donald Trump is a fanboy of Racist White Supremacist Right Wing Extremist Hate Groups.

https://www.politicususa.com/2020/12...te-invite.html
    Last edited by szechuan; 2020-12-13 at 07:16 AM.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Donald Trump is a fanboy of Racist White Supremacist Hate Groups.
    You're saying this as if it's news?

I suppose the most generous interpretation for Trump is that the guy can claim anything he wants. I doubt Trump will break his tacit acceptance of them to deny or confirm the guy's statement.

I have a hard time believing Trump cares about them in any way beyond one of strict function, and I have a hard time working out how he expects these tiki-torch LARPers to actually help him accomplish anything... and by help him, I mean generate money for him, since I'm of fair certainty that and avoiding legal troubles are Trump's only real remaining goal in this last month of his presidency.

Somewhat unrelated, but anyone know how the crusade to turn "proud boy" into a gay empowerment term instead of the racist hate group is going? I'd love to see these tools effectively Santorum'd.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    You're saying this as if it's news?
    Inviting an American Racist Right Wing Hate Group Leader to the White House completely disgraceful.

These are the people who want to Start a Civil War.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, but inviting an American Racist Right Wing Hate Group Leader to the White House is unprecedented in the Modern Era and also completely disgraceful.

And they're the same people who are going to get their asses handed to them six ways from Sunday if they so much as lift a finger.

With Trump all but gone, I am confident in the requisite bodies of the US government to punish any and all violent insurrectionists. Soon, the Proud boys and these other hate groups will no longer have the highest office in the land patting them on the back and will return to rightly being vilified.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Inviting an American Racist Right Wing Hate Group Leader to the White House completely disgraceful.

Yes, electing one as the president is comple....Ohh you're talking about the Proud Boys guy, my mistake. It's so easy a mistake to make when they both serve that same function, just with vastly different following size.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Breaking - UPS and FedEx trucks carrying the first U.S. shipment of coronavirus vaccine have left Pfizer’s facility near Kalamazoo, Michigan. https://t.co/Cf32ki9gCF
    https://twitter.com/petemuntean/stat...190944769?s=19

I would bet if re-elected, Trump would be pumping funding into the USPS to get the vaccine to the public.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post

I would bet if re-elected, Trump would be pumping funding into the USPS to get the vaccine to the public.
    What? No he wouldn't. He doesn't give a fuck about anyone and wouldn't even bother to care about this after being re-elected. He didn't even give the bare minimum of attention to this during his re-election campaign.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post

He'd probably try and coerce states into submitting to him by threatening to deny them the vaccine while dolling it out to "loyal" red states instead. He basically said he'd do as much with New York.

Luckily, we don't have to deal with him in very short order, and an actual competent administrator with actual competent professionals will oversee the rollout instead.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    He'd probably try and coerce states into submitting to him by threatening to deny them the vaccine while dolling it out to "loyal" red states instead. He basically said he'd do as much with New York.

Luckily, we don't have to deal with him in very short order, and an actual competent administrator with actual competent professionals will oversee the rollout instead.
    They literally decided to ignore Covid at the start because it was hitting blue states.
    I think we all know what Trump thinks about Americans.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    They literally decided to ignore Covid at the start because it was hitting blue states.
    I think we all know what Trump thinks about Americans.
    Everything trump does is what benefits him, personally. I’ve been under zero illusions otherwise.

For example, He gambled that denying Covid would benefit his bid for re-election by trying to paint everything as “fine” while not actually requiring him to do anything. He gambled incorrectly.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.