1. #62761
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    You honestly think nobody voted for Obama simply because he was black. You honestly think that.
    When did I say that?

    I didn't, because I'm sure there's at least a few folks somewhere that may have. But a few folks out of millions of votes, do not a statistic make.

    Again, you're just here repeating the racist rhetoric that Black Americans only voted for Obama because he was Black. Rhetoric which has never been shown to have any evidence behind it, and rhetoric that's repeated by naked racists who hate Black people.

    Don't repeat their rhetoric, as it could cause you to be confused as one of those racists.

  2. #62762
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    64,694
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    Oh so there were absolutely positively no voters who voted for Obama just singly because he was black. Hermaine Cain and Ben Carson are nowhere near the orator that Obama is. That man can spoon feed shit to democrats all day and they believe. You know, like You can keep your plan and your doctor. Just to be clear , you use 2 poor candidates and think they are the same as Obama and would get the groundswell that a DEMOCRAT nominee would. And you accuse me of dishonest critique. You're clearly trying to pretend that people do not vote for someone based on the color of their skin SOLELY. In fact, your circle jerk here routinely points to white supremacists all the time because they have no real debate so they throw race in to it every single time. But when it's black people only voting because he's black....well, that's dishonest critique. I know you're just full of it, you just can't admit people only vote purely based on skin color, but most of us know it does happen. You can pretend all you like, you are good at it.
    If it were just skin color, then oratorical skills wouldn't matter. Promises wouldn't matter. Policy positions wouldn't matter.

    That's the point. If it were just skin color that mattered, black Republicans would get as much support as Obama did. Do they? No. Because your claim is just obviously false, on its face. It flies against the facts.

    You apparently don't like that, and want to rage against the simple truth, but the truth doesn't give a shit what you think. Nobody voted for Obama just because he was black. At least, not in any kind of numbers that would be statistically determinable, a caveat I make only in case you dig up one random nutcase and try and dishonestly claim they represent most voters.

  3. #62763
    69,841 new cases (I predicted 65k..meh); a little over 10k more than last Monday. Once again that's a big jump on a low-report day.

    Texas: 6,713 new cases; 52 deaths
    Illinois: 4,729 new cases; 17 deaths
    California: 3,859 new cases; 43 deaths
    Fuck Florida.
    Wisconsin: 2,883 new cases; 10 deaths
    Pennsylvania: 2,492 new cases; 7 deaths
    Tennessee: 2,279 new cases; 32 deaths
    Missouri: 2,266 new cases; 8 deaths
    Colorado: 2,211 new cases (new record); 3 deaths
    Kansas: 2,186 new cases (new record); 1 death
    Michigan: 2,117 new cases; 30 deaths
    Ohio: 2,102 new cases; 11 deaths
    Connecticut: 2,047 new cases; 12 deaths
    Indiana: 1,974 new cases; 13 deaths
    North Carolina: 1,643 new cases; 13 deaths
    New Jersey: 1,641 new cases; 10 deaths
    Minnesota: 1,570 new cases; 4 deaths
    New York: 1,416 new cases; 15 deaths
    Massachusetts: 1,212 new cases; 17 deaths
    Utah: 1,201 new cases; 2 deaths
    Washington: 1,159 new cases; 31 deaths

    That's nearly 70k cases on a low-report day. Unless this is somehow the turning point this is going to be a very bad week. This is the second-highest day ever for Pennsylvania. Wisconsin gives the appearance of having passed the worst of it yet the positivity is heading back up again so they may see a resurgence this week. This is the second-highest total on record for Connecticut as well, though this total also includes Saturday and Sunday's numbers as they do not report on those days. Texas is approaching 7k again and Washington is over 1k for the first time since early August. A number of other states just missed my 1k cutoff but they'll likely be back on the list starting tomorrow as reporting starts picking up again. At this point I'm expecting several 70k days and 80k later in the week. If things really go south we'll be looking at 90k by Friday/Saturday. The vast majority of the country--including Alaska--remains in "uncontrolled spread" territory with only a handful of states trending better or level. Given that I still expect a LOT of people to show up in person to vote on Election Day I suspect we're going to remain north of 60-70k for a while. Texas is pulling away from California in terms of total cases and may end up with a million in a couple weeks if they don't turn things around soon.

    529 deaths is a little under a hundred more than last Monday and puts the total at 231,045. We were at about 5k per week and now we're heading towards 6k. Even on this low report day 20 states had double-digit death tolls. We may be back above 1k again tomorrow.

    Related news:

    Coronavirus in the U.S. is spreading like 'wildfire,' epidemiologist says--I imagine Californians wish that had been worded differently. Either way, it's true.
    Minnesota reports three Covid-19 outbreaks related to Trump campaign events in September--As if there was ever any doubt.
    Group sees 14% increase in child Covid-19 cases with close to 800,000 US kids infected--I imagine many people have an "I told you so" urge right now.

    Stay safe, folks.

  4. #62764
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    Oh so there were absolutely positively no voters who voted for Obama just singly because he was black. Hermaine Cain and Ben Carson are nowhere near the orator that Obama is. That man can spoon feed shit to democrats all day and they believe. You know, like You can keep your plan and your doctor. Just to be clear , you use 2 poor candidates and think they are the same as Obama and would get the groundswell that a DEMOCRAT nominee would. And you accuse me of dishonest critique. You're clearly trying to pretend that people do not vote for someone based on the color of their skin SOLELY. In fact, your circle jerk here routinely points to white supremacists all the time because they have no real debate so they throw race in to it every single time. But when it's black people only voting because he's black....well, that's dishonest critique. I know you're just full of it, you just can't admit people only vote purely based on skin color, but most of us know it does happen. You can pretend all you like, you are good at it.
    How does someone, actually post that black people voted for Obama simply because he was black, then when asked why these black people didn't;t vote for Cain or Carson, they defend their stance by saying Obama is a great orator???? I mean what the actual fuck, did they vote for Obama simply because he was black or because he was a great orator...which is it?

  5. #62765
    Quote Originally Posted by Waniou View Post
    Yeah exactly this. You guys are in for a bit of a rude awakening if you don't think Trump is going to spend his lame duck period trying to burn everything down. :/
    Yeah, but I am seeing signs that he might not be able to do much burning.

    https://finance.yahoo.com/news/walma...184010235.html

    Title: Walmart CEO: 'The country needs to come together and solve problems'

    Walmart moves to the left. Or maybe to the center is more like it, which is quite a bit left of where the country is now.

    Walmart CEO Doug McMillon is calling for unity and a commonsense approach to business in the country as we barrel through another contentious presidential election season.
    This is the exact opposite of Trump and Trump supporters dividing up the country into their friends, and their hated enemies.

    “I think the country needs to come together and solve problems. Regardless of the administration or who is in Congress, when you look at the outcomes of what has been happening there are opportunities for us to invest in infrastructure, to create more equity, to invest in new technologies, to create jobs of the future,” McMillon said at the Yahoo Finance All Markets Summit. “That transition to a digital age, to a forward-looking country needs to happen. We want to create opportunity for people. Americans need jobs.”
    Ok this is on the general side, but "investing in infrastructure" sounds like government spending on programs that create jobs and fix things that are currently not working too well in America. I wouldn't think too much of it except for the next paragraph.

    For starters, Walmart (WMT) handed out a raise to 165,000 U.S. workers earlier this month. It brought the starting minimum wage for hourly workers to $15 an hour. In addition, Walmart said it would invest in cross-training opportunities for workers to improve their skillsets. The effort comes on the heels of a June initiative to expand access to low cost college for employees with a focus on tech degrees. That same month, Walmart said it would set aside $100 million to fund a new center on racial equity.
    There have been quite a few business type articles that have, as a side effect, that what the US needs to do is get Trump out and Biden in as smoothly as possible. And I'm pretty sure that this means with a democratic Senate so that the government can actually DO things.

    More and more business articles are looking favorably on the idea of repealing the Trump tax cut for people making more than $400k, even if it means higher corporate rates and higher taxes for themselves. If Americans don't have any money, they can't sell them anything, China overtakes the US quite quickly, and American companies lose out to Chinese companies in about a decade, with economic conflict with China hurting US companies far more than Chinese companies.

    To move things forward, Walmart has already done what it can do to make Biden's agenda reality. This theme is becoming prominent in business articles across the board.

    Fingers crossed, but it seems like corporate America is starting to realize, and to act upon, the idea that no money for US workers ultimately means no money for them, and increased power for EU and China at our expense.

  6. #62766
    Fluffy Kitten Pendulous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Treno
    Posts
    18,902
    Walmart CEO Doug McMillon is calling for unity and a commonsense approach to business in the country as we barrel through another contentious presidential election season.
    You can't believe a quote like this until he implements some sort of actual common sense into his own business.

  7. #62767
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega10 View Post
    This thread, originally called The Trump Shitshow, might only be around for a bit longer than a week. Fingers crossed!
    Jan 21 at the earliest, and even then, there's the court cases.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

  8. #62768
    Merely a Setback Breccia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    29,148
    In yet another desperate last-minute plea, Trump announces the COVID vaccine will be covered by Medicare.

    "Oh, there's a vaccine?"

    No. But there will be, eventually.

    "Well still, this is new information. It's not like MMR vaccines are covered."

    Actually they are.

    "Oh, I meant flu vaccines."

    They're covered too.

    "Hepatitus?"

    Covered.

    "Rabies?"

    Surprisingly yes.

    "Oh...so Trump is announcing that the status quo will continue, when we get the vaccine, eventually."

    Yes.

    "Doesn't sound as impressive when you stop and think about it. Still, at least this is a step up from Biden who--"

    Biden says the vaccine should be free to everyone. Not just Medicare. And he said it at least three days ago.

    Trump is actually using a watered-down "me too!" and pretending it's amazing. Also, why promise a vaccine if it's going to vanish and go away?

  9. #62769
    after the all out rebellion in Belarus today, I am genuinely fearful with how much people can hate their own president, what would happen if Trump actually won.

  10. #62770
    Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    after the all out rebellion in Belarus today, I am genuinely fearful with how much people can hate their own president, what would happen if Trump actually won.
    Do you just not know anything about Belarus at all? The "president" is a dictator and Belarusian democracy is a sham. The people are protesting it and will continue to protest it until they're either squashed or the "president" holds free and open elections.

    If you're saying Trump is going to pull a Lukashenko then we'd have a very, very serious problem on our hands.

  11. #62771
    Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    after the all out rebellion in Belarus today, I am genuinely fearful with how much people can hate their own president, what would happen if Trump actually won.
    I honestly think if there is an outright voter fraud on Trumps end or he refuses to leave, I think people will start shit.
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

  12. #62772
    Pit Lord
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Look behind you.
    Posts
    2,315
    Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    after the all out rebellion in Belarus today, I am genuinely fearful with how much people can hate their own president, what would happen if Trump actually won.
    I don't think we're anywhere close to 'Civil War' territory at the moment (even with how much the GOP is gunning to obviously ratfuck this election) but, if Trump Wins again, the state of social unrest will entirely hinge on how his Admin decides to handle the demonstrations that will obviously pop up after he's in (People were protesting his inauguration when he was sworn in and before he actually did anything, you bet they'll take to the streets again) and how his newly ratfucked court will rule on contentious social issues.

    At worst, I say we'll have 'Massive Civil Unrest' unless Trump's admin starts gunning people down in the streets with live ammunition or starts doing political assassinations.

  13. #62773
    The Unstoppable Force Kaleredar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    phasing...
    Posts
    22,067
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    I honestly think if there is an outright voter fraud on Trumps end or he refuses to leave, I think people will start shit.
    If Trump refuses to leave but is otherwise definitively defeated, I doubt we'll see anything but secret service escorting him out. Trump can claim to be president or that the election was rigged or refuse to give up power, but... if Biden wins then come January, Trump just ceases being president and Biden is sworn in, easy as that.

    If it's obvious that Biden wins the election and then Trump and some crony governors and judges at the swing-state level pass the buck up to decide the presidency in the newly-Trump-stacked supreme court by claiming voter fraud or whatever, then I think we'll see some genuine unrest. Especially if multiple states that otherwise voted Biden are called into question to hand Trump the victory.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

  14. #62774
    Merely a Setback Breccia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    29,148
    Done with any pretense, Tucker Carlson will interview Hunter Biden's business partner, basically putting Russian misinformation directly on the air.

    Carlson claims there will be new revelations, which again begs the question "if he's telling the truth and has evidence, why wait until the election is literally a week away? And why not tell the feds?"

  15. #62775
    The Unstoppable Force Kaleredar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    phasing...
    Posts
    22,067
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Done with any pretense, Tucker Carlson will interview Hunter Biden's business partner, basically putting Russian misinformation directly on the air.

    Carlson claims there will be new revelations, which again begs the question "if he's telling the truth and has evidence, why wait until the election is literally a week away? And why not tell the feds?"
    They're hoping some schmuck opining on the fox variety hour will have as damning as an effect as the sham charges against Hillary in 2016 did.

    I'm dubious, personally.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

  16. #62776
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Done with any pretense, Tucker Carlson will interview Hunter Biden's business partner, basically putting Russian misinformation directly on the air.

    Carlson claims there will be new revelations, which again begs the question "if he's telling the truth and has evidence, why wait until the election is literally a week away? And why not tell the feds?"
    And more importantly, why should any reasonable viewer take it seriously?

  17. #62777
    Merely a Setback Adam Jensen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Sarif Industries, Detroit
    Posts
    28,514
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Actual Trump quote from his rally today in Pennsylvania:
    To paraphrase Stephen Colbert: He can go truck off.

  18. #62778
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Actual Trump quote from his rally today in Pennsylvania:
    He is like a five year old who gets all giddy when he sees a semi truck. Everyone remembers when he got to sit in the semi truck back in 2017 he looked like kid on Christmas. I mean it makes sense the guy has the IQ of a five year old just in a disgusting fake tan colored 74 year old body.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    They're hoping some schmuck opining on the fox variety hour will have as damning as an effect as the sham charges against Hillary in 2016 did.

    I'm dubious, personally.
    That is the thing Trump and his GOP cronies are fucking desperate and are throwing literally everything at the wall they can. Biden is not Hillary Clinton and he doesn't have the 20 years or so of political mud thrown at him like she did. For years and years they kept putting stories out about her and attacking her and even to this day Trumpsters look under their beds to see if Hillary is hiding under there. All the muckraking added up and independents and even Democrats did not like her. It is a big part of why so many Democrats stayed home in 2016. Unfortunately for Republicans in 2020 people aren't staying home on election day they are pissed off, they have seen 4 years of Trump and his GOP cronies in power, and Biden is again most definitely not Hillary and people are going to vote for him.

  19. #62779
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    Oh so there were absolutely positively no voters who voted for Obama just singly because he was black.
    For every person who voted for Obama because of the color of his skin, I'd bet anything there were at LEAST 100 people who voted for Trump because of his gender. When Republicans said they'd rather die than vote for a woman, they didn't know they were being literal due to his mishandling of covid. What's even your point? America has plenty of uninformed voters who cast their vote based on inconsequential crap. That's not news to anyone.

    Oh wait, Doc Savage/TexasRules got another banned account. Which alt account are you headed to next? Guess we'll find out tomorrow.

  20. #62780
    Trump's covid plan has been found.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •