Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Christmas Eve or Day will be interesting. Will Jared, Ivanka and family get that pardon present.
    To me, Christmas Eve and Christmas of 2020 is America's official surrender to the virus as Americans travel ALL OVER THE PLACE spreading the virus to as many people as possible. Maybe National Suicide Day would be an appropriate new name.

Apparently Americans are upset that there are days where the death toll is less than 3k, and are working to resolve that issue. And according to the news today, Atlanta is the number 1 destination of holiday travelers, which is near where I live.

Note: yesterday Georgia set a new state record with almost 10k new virus cases.

I get that I should be upset that Trump is abusing his pardon power and doing mostly stupid stuff. But at this point the nearby pandemic outbreak and growing number of nearby virus cases and deaths takes precedence.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    So here is some pretty damn good news the trump admin just did. They procured another 100m Pfizer vaccines. So with Moderna that's 200m people getting vaccinated. under 16 won't get it yet til it's tested, which will take a while, probably late next year, plus anti-vaxxers, means basically those of us that do want it, will get it, I expect the overwhelming majority of the black community coming around to the vaccine in the next few months, J&J and other pharma's get approved with their vaccines over the next year will add another 200m+ vaccines, so by the end of 2021, we should hopefully be at herd immunity in the states.

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/corona...d/?id=74837900
    Bet the price was just a LITTLE higher than if the Trump administration had done this when they negotiated the purchase initially...

Notice how Europe paid $14.50/dose for 200 million doses while we paid $19.50/dose for 100 million doses: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/22/u...ine-doses.html

Trump truly is the most spectacular deal maker!

10+ Year Old Account
    In a court document released to the public by accident, the FBI says they caught a white supremacist group forming with the intent to create violence, even taking down a power grid, when Trump lost the election. They were planning to be up and running in 2024 but had to speed things up when Trump lost in 2020.

The text chat they formed included an undercover FBI agent.

Just so we're clear, in addition to the "yet more Trump supporters are white supremacist terrorists" fuel this adds to the fire, we also have "even white supremacist terrorists admit that Trump lost the election".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eviscero View Post
    Bet the price was just a LITTLE higher than if the Trump administration had done this when they negotiated the purchase initially
    I'm honestly surprised he's putting in the effort at all. Yes, I know, people will say "oh it's to help Georgia". But um...why didn't he do it earlier to help himself?

Trump has made it clear his last few days are all about wrecking the place before Biden takes over, and pardoning his friends for the crimes they were found guilty of or admitted to. Getting medicine for sick people really doesn't fit that mold.

- - - Updated - - -

DoJ sues Wal-Mart for their role in the opioid crisis.

"What's wrong with that?"

In abstract, nothing. As I've mentioned once or twice before, Trump's stance on opioids was the one campaign issue I sided with him on strongly. And based on his family history, I thought he's pursue it vigorously. Guess that was yet another person believing yet another Trump lie.

"But doesn't Trump making a move, even in the last few days of his tenure, count for something?"

No. You don't get credit for doing very little over four years then quickly making a big showy move when you have under a month left. If you ordered your wife the perfect handbag on Dec 6 and it doesn't leave the warehouse till Dec 23, you don't cheer the company for sending it out with zero chance of it arriving on time.

If this really mattered to Trump, he'd have done more earlier. He's taken some steps and gotten some settlements, but this was an opportunity he could have made a big change I actually cheered on, not a small one that gets a begrudging golf clap.

*ahem*

Also.

Since so many people in Team Trump claimed that unemployment numbers dropped from 42% to 5% the second Trump took office, I hereby say that if Biden runs with the lawsuit and wins, it is a Biden victory. Sorry. I don't make the rules. And if the case is resolved by Jan 20th, hopefully in the DoJ's favor, Trump can legit claim that victory. Fair's fair.

But the question is and shall remain: if this was important, why didn't he do something about it sooner? See also: passing on vaccine purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    In a court document released to the public by accident, the FBI says they caught a white supremacist group forming with the intent to create violence, even taking down a power grid, when Trump lost the election. They were planning to be up and running in 2024 but had to speed things up when Trump lost in 2020.

The text chat they formed included an undercover FBI agent.

Just so we're clear, in addition to the "yet more Trump supporters are white supremacist terrorists" fuel this adds to the fire, we also have "even white supremacist terrorists admit that Trump lost the election".
    But you see Antifa are the true TERRORIST because of all those horrible beaten trash cans and a number of assaults. Shooting up churches, plotting to kidnap and execute a governor, planning to disrupt energy, etc... are nothing compared to all those poor trash cans.

I'm honestly surprised he's putting in the effort at all. Yes, I know, people will say "oh it's to help Georgia". But um...why didn't he do it earlier to help himself?
    As you know, we never need to look past the italicized to find Trump's motivation. GA ain't it because GA doesn't help Trump, at least not in a way he is capable of comprehending. Maybe he's just spouting off due to limited executive function, or he's trying to distract from all the pardons, or maybe he thinks somehow a government shutdown will help his coup attempt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eviscero View Post
    maybe he thinks somehow a government shutdown will help his coup attempt.
    McConnell has already prepped the Senate back to DC Dec 29th to override a veto.

There won't be a shutdown. In theory, Trump knows this.

McConnell has already prepped the Senate back to DC Dec 29th to override a veto.

There won't be a shutdown. In theory, Trump knows this.
    I still think this is a plot to distract from the pardons, he is giving a free pass to mass murderers who have killed unarmed women and children as young as 9.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    I still think this is a plot to distract from the pardons, he is giving a free pass to mass murderers who have killed unarmed women and children as young as 9.
    But they're from Muslim nations so it's completely acceptable for both him and his Cult.

Don't you remember the plagiarist on this forum cheering on the Christchurch shooter? Same thing.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

He tweeted it once or twice is not the same as doing his fucking job and being involved in the negotiations.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    He wants to send people a big check with his name on it using other peoples money.
    Its a boost for his ego, plain and simple.
    Yeah..and add what @akris15 posted in that this was a spite move against McConnell, how can Trump not react on his typical childish way. What an ugly heart.

Quote Originally Posted by BigToast View Post
    He tweeted it once or twice is not the same as doing his fucking job and being involved in the negotiations.
    And now that his strategy is to just not sign it, making a veto effective in 10 days rather than having the veto be effective today so they can get to the next step, it's more like he is trolling the country rather than trying to make things better.

This is just plain dumb.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega10 View Post
    And now that his strategy is to just not sign it, making a veto effective in 10 days rather than having the veto be effective today so they can get to the next step, it's more like he is trolling the country rather than trying to make things better.

This is just plain dumb.
    Or it's a "fuck you" to McConnell and forcing him to come back in session in order to override the veto.

People are missing of Trump's behavior with the stimulus and his pardons.

He's finally acknowledging that his days are numbered, and he will be out on his ass in 4 weeks.

This is scorched Earth, revenge, and an overt justification of his own corruption. Now, that may not sound too out of the ordinary for Trump, but these actions show who finally realizes that he can get nothing more from people like McConnell. He's bilked his gullible cultists for countless millions, and he's preparing to take the money, and run.

Sure, he'll still continue to have the occasional rally, but it won't have anything to do with cooperation with the GOP establishment. It will be to further his own con on his unsuspecting victims.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Or it's a "fuck you" to McConnell and forcing him to come back in session in order to override the veto.
    Trump can also leave it sitting on his desk till the twentieth of next month,that way it never kicks in and there is nothing for Mitch to override.

Quote Originally Posted by BigToast View Post
    It's hilarious some people think him tweeting is his job :/

Trump has done nothing but mope since election day

Quote Originally Posted by Lanrefni View Post
    Trump can also leave it sitting on his desk till the twentieth of next month,that way it never kicks in and there is nothing for Mitch to override.
    If I understand correctly, in 10 days it will be pocket vetoed. Although if Congress is in session it will be passed without his signature. Not sure exactly what counts for Congress "being in session" if they are in session for some but not all of the 10 days.

If I understand correctly, in 10 days it will be pocket vetoed. Although if Congress is in session it will be passed without his signature. Not sure exactly what counts for Congress "being in session" if they are in session for some but not all of the 10 days.
    Huh,I could have sworn pocket veto was 30 days,my bad.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post

He really hasn't done anything regarding his actual job during his entire tenure. Just rallies, getting his ass kicked by Pelosi, and then tweeting.

They have to be in session on day 10 to receive the unsigned bill, or else it's automatically vetoed.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post

Honestly him not being involved/in the room for negotiations has always been a plus. For Dems and Republicans alike. Twitter may not be the bully pulpit Roosevelt meant but it definitely can be used as such. And unlike his usual actions which is cause a headache/screw things up for everyone this time he's put all the pressure on Republicans a couple weeks before an important special election. And unlike his usual blow ups for idiotic wall funding this once is going to put our shittiest politicians in a worse place and will provide beautiful ammunition helping Dems take the senate from Republicans.

Since the original bill should have a veto proof majority worst case situation is Trump dumped gasoline on Republicans and Dems basically get to sit there holding the match while getting a huge free Trump provided boost to their odds of winning the senate.

edit- updating my post because it appears Trump's plan is to swat the above match out of Democrat's hand and burn Republicans himself.
    Last edited by shimerra; 2020-12-23 at 11:37 PM.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.