1. #62961
    The Undying cubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    30,238
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Speaking of judges, I just had another conversation with a friend of mine, who suggested that even Trump's SCOTUS picks would be, erm, "cautious" before stepping in. There's a big gap in the polls, maybe too much to close with partisan shitbaggery. Worse, if Trump's picks try to throw Trump the election, and fail, say hello to a 17-member SCOTUS. There might be some "mutually-assured destruction" style politics going on.
    Was there any particular or specific reason for 17 being the expansion number.

  2. #62962
    The Undying Breccia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    30,095
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Was there any particular or specific reason for 17 being the expansion number.
    Yes, I was vindictive.

  3. #62963
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    I have damning proof that Tucker Carlson is a furry porn addict. But my dog ate it so I can't share it with you guys.
    Is it because Tucker makes furry porn with your dog and your dog destroyed the evidence?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    The more I read that sentence, the worse the connotation gets
    I feel you eventually reached the same conclusion as me only I needed to read it once, lmao.

  4. #62964
    The Undying Themius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    37,383
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    The last time we had a huge spike in numbers (in July) it went this way as well...weekend totals suddenly started spiking much higher than the weekday totals. I honestly don't know if it's because testing centers were staying open to compensate or because the most cases genuinely were happening on the weekend despite closures. In either case more hands are needed on deck.

    Also, be careful writing "lul" unless you're speaking Dutch and insulting someone. It's "lull".

    - - - Updated - - -



    Honestly if they ever do an investigation into how bad things are in Florida and WHY then I think he'd be lucky to escape with his life. At the very least Mee-maw and Pop-pop might want to start looking for other places to spend their retirement.
    If I wanted to retire to a warm place I’d go to Panama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodonius View Post
    Black people in america should be happy their ancestors where slaves so they could have a good live.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodonius View Post
    Black women are racist. Im the one trying to make her[my wife] behave like white people and not say it out loud.
    Totally not racist

  5. #62965
    The Unstoppable Force Kaleredar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    phasing...
    Posts
    22,385
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    If I wanted to retire to a warm place I’d go to Panama.
    Or at least somewhere actually nice like Hawaii.

    I’ve spent considerable time in Florida and been to Hawaii multiple times. Florida ain’t no Hawaii.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

  6. #62966
    The Undying Themius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    37,383
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Or at least somewhere actually nice like Hawaii.

    I’ve spent considerable time in Florida and been to Hawaii multiple times. Florida ain’t no Hawaii.
    Hawaii is really expensive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodonius View Post
    Black people in america should be happy their ancestors where slaves so they could have a good live.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodonius View Post
    Black women are racist. Im the one trying to make her[my wife] behave like white people and not say it out loud.
    Totally not racist

  7. #62967
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Hawaii is really expensive.
    If you go to Florida, avoid Jacksonville, have family that lives near there. While it has some decent places, it has some real crappy ones too. You can guess where they lived. Get to see people so strung out they look like Chloe from Fight Club.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

  8. #62968
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Or at least somewhere actually nice like Hawaii.

    I’ve spent considerable time in Florida and been to Hawaii multiple times. Florida ain’t no Hawaii.
    Not to derail the thread further but Florida has built a lot of its economy around accommodating retirees (see: The Villages) which is why so many head there. I think there used to be medical reasons as well (better for arthritis?) but from what I can tell the jury is out on whether or not that's actually true. As for myself I'd rather head somewhere cooler. Back to the Yukon or Nova Scotia for me.

  9. #62969
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Yes, I was vindictive.
    It's my favorite number, so I endorse it.

  10. #62970
    Scarab Lord Zaydin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    FL, USA
    Posts
    4,057
    Reposting this:

    So apparently one of the sources for the smears the GOP are using against Hunter Biden? To borrow a phrase from @Breccia, they don't exist.

    Literally: The supposed source for a 64 page dossier on Hunter Biden does not exist, a man claiming to be named Martin Aspen; his profile image appears to have been generated by an AI, the company he claimed to work for before his current job says no one by that name ever worked there and no one with his name lives in Switzerland and the company that he claims to work for, Typhoon Investigations, doesn't appear to exist, either.

    Given the level of effort put into this particular hitjob, it smacks of a Russian disinformation campaign yet again.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

  11. #62971
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Yes, I was vindictive.
    Why not 60? So we have 69 scotus?
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker



  12. #62972
    The Undying Breccia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    30,095
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    Why not 60? So we have 69 scotus?
    Nice.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    The supposed source for a 64 page dossier on Hunter Biden does not exist.
    Just so we're clear: this is a claim the source does not exist, but then again, we haven't exactly seen the material, either. So Zaydin's claim they don't exist counters any claims they do, until we have proof one way or the other, and we're back to Fuck Trump You Got Nothing.

  13. #62973
    Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    for those that do have a TV in the background, anyone find some of these anti-Trump ads ridiculous? The most ridiculous one was a guy hoping Biden has "the interests of the people at heart." That suggests, of all things, that was not one of Trump's interests.
    If you had only been born within the last 4 years and had been fed nothing but Trump rally speeches then MAYBE you could be forgiven for thinking that Trump had "the interests of the people at heart". However, anyone who doesn't fall into that category and isn't an absolute fucking moron could see that the only interests Trump concerns himself with are his own. People have known this for decades. The guy has been scum for decades.

    His entire life has been based around being a selfish bully and gaming the system. It's not like he popped up out of nowhere 4 years ago. He has always been a stupid, arrogant, self centered bully. His entire business strategy has revolved around capitalizing on his own name, and for some goddamn reason no matter how poorly managed those businesses are (some having been outright scams) idiots continue to be duped into giving him money. At a certain level of wealth, as long as you have the right lawyers, accountants, and other connections, it becomes very difficult to stop being wealthy. Donald Trump and his staggering ineptitude are proof of that.

  14. #62974
    Scarab Lord Zaydin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    FL, USA
    Posts
    4,057
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Nice.



    Just so we're clear: this is a claim the source does not exist, but then again, we haven't exactly seen the material, either. So Zaydin's claim they don't exist counters any claims they do, until we have proof one way or the other, and we're back to Fuck Trump You Got Nothing.
    It was poorly phrased. The supposed author of the fake dossier does not appear to exist at all.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

  15. #62975
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    I have damning proof that Tucker Carlson is a furry porn addict. But my dog ate it so I can't share it with you guys.
    Probably more true than the bullshit he was about to present.

  16. #62976
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    the other
    Posts
    55,971
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    If you go to Florida, avoid Jacksonville, have family that lives near there. While it has some decent places, it has some real crappy ones too. You can guess where they lived. Get to see people so strung out they look like Chloe from Fight Club.
    South beach is the bomb... was like 20 years ago...
    As above, so below.
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    That which is Below corresponds to that which is Above, and that which is Above corresponds to that which is Below, to accomplish the miracle of the One Thing.

  17. #62977
    It's...uh...it's going to be a record again today. No doubt. It's. It's pretty bad, guys.

  18. #62978
    The Undying Breccia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    30,095
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    It's...uh...it's going to be a record again today. No doubt. It's. It's pretty bad, guys.
    Motherfucker.

    On topic but less morbid: the Gov. of Georgia bails on his final debate to instead rally with Trump.

    And in this headline I found from two weeks from now, the Governor of Georgia has been released from the hospital following their COVID treatment.

  19. #62979
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    It's...uh...it's going to be a record again today. No doubt. It's. It's pretty bad, guys.
    Yeah... it’s pretty bad... but not completely unexpected. My prediction for tomorrow and Saturday isn’t looking that unlikely is it...

  20. #62980
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    the other
    Posts
    55,971
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Motherfucker.

    On topic but less morbid: the Gov. of Georgia bails on his final debate to instead rally with Trump.

    And in this headline I found from two weeks from now, the Governor of Georgia has been released from the hospital following their COVID treatment.
    The rally is yet to be formally announced...

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by swiftowner View Post
    Yeah... it’s pretty bad... but not completely unexpected. My prediction for tomorrow and Saturday isn’t looking that unlikely is it...
    Post Halloween shit show...
    As above, so below.
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    That which is Below corresponds to that which is Above, and that which is Above corresponds to that which is Below, to accomplish the miracle of the One Thing.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •