Quote Originally Posted by Omega10 View Post
    Basically the article is gushing about the huge number of people that were willing to go to theaters to watch Wonder Woman, which is one of the best ways to spread the virus.
    Do we know that movie-going actually spreads the disease that much?

Other countries seems to have thought differently.
    https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/ar...eserves-saving

I don't know what is true - and there haven't been any movies worth the risk this year IMO (MCU phase was completed and Tenet seemed to require multiple viewing which seems more suitable for streaming); and movies aren't just sitting in the movie theater, but also buying snacks/drinks - and possibly queueing up to get in/out and exactly how those details are handled may differ more between different countries.
    (It obviously also depends on how the movies go about things.)

However, by saying that everything is super-dangerous we might dull ourselves for the real dangers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    He's going deeper into the Q well every day.
    I mean...I don't even think that was it. We knew he wanted 230 reworked because he said that before, for example. He said nothing about 5G before vetoing. At least, not that I saw. He's complaining about people going against his wishes which he never expressed, or just making shit up.

- - - Updated - - -

McConnell ends $2,000 relief payments by attaching Section 230 to it. Therefore it will never pass the House.

McConnell will try to blame Democrats for this. Which will fail. The move is so blatant and so obvious, it's like pointing the murder weapon with bloody hands and saying "he did it!"

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I mean...I don't even think that was it. We knew he wanted 230 reworked because he said that before, for example. He said nothing about 5G before vetoing. At least, not that I saw. He's complaining about people going against his wishes which he never expressed, or just making shit up.

- - - Updated - - -

McConnell ends $2,000 relief payments by attaching Section 230 to it. Therefore it will never pass the House.

McConnell will try to blame Democrats for this. Which will fail. The move is so blatant and so obvious, it's like pointing the murder weapon with bloody hands and saying "he did it!"
    I really don't understand why he's been fighting so hard against providing adequate relief to the American taxpayer all year. Like he loses actually nothing just letting it come to a vote at worst and at best it would help their chances in the GA runoff.

The US President superimposed a Nobel prize he didn’t win on this video. https://t.co/FiIWKJzkSs
    https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/stat...777889792?s=19

LOL! Trump is such an effin loser.

Sorry on phone, but if you look at link they have a pic and link to Trump's Twitter if video.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

- - - Updated - - -

The Section 230 thing is what provides liability protections from companies for what users post right?

If they repealed that, wouldn't that make them liable for all the posts if they so much as removed child exploitation pictures from their site?
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    The Section 230 thing is what provides liability protections from companies for what users post right?

If they repealed that, wouldn't that make them liable for all the posts if they so much as removed child exploitation pictures from their site?

They would basically shut down forums. Nobody would be willing to be liable for crazy stuff people are posting. Which weirdly would do the opposite of what trump wants twitter to do. He is mad that they put notices on his most BS posts but this would basically force twitter to either close or so heavily moderate that trump would have been forced to have his account closed years ago.

10+ Year Old Account

It would be the end of social media... they can’t afford to moderate every single post and edit, before it’s posted.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post
    I really don't understand why he's been fighting so hard against providing adequate relief to the American taxpayer all year.
    Well, I mean, trying to lower social programs is conventional Republican. It's always been that way, this just is more pronounced.

- - - Updated - - -

It would allow Trump to sue Twitter when people say mean things about him, yes.

It would allow Trump to sue Twitter when people say mean things about him, yes.
    Like suing them for harassing him? Because them calling stuff that is mean wouldn't be worth crap if it was true.

But basically, like said above, it would effectively shut down Facebook, Twitter, and basically every forum based in the US......

Thinking about that would be pretty interesting now when the neither Trump, nor his cult has any outlets outside of Fox, OANN, and NewsMax and the rest of the world all in unison making fun of them for it. The response from the rest of the world might get interesting when other places might actually start shutting them down outside of the US due to their dangerous, dishonest and radicalizing messages.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump attacks his own party for backing the NDAA --

"You already posted that. Today."

He did it again. Today.

A disgraceful act of cowardice and total submission by weak people to Big Tech. Negotiate a better Bill, or get better leaders, NOW! Senate should not approve NDAA until fixed!!!
    For the record, I agree with him. We should get a better leader. We will, Jan 20th.

10+ Year Old Account
    Like suing them for harassing him? Because them calling stuff that is mean wouldn't be worth crap if it was true.
    Liable... can you afford to prove that you called Trump racist, because you honestly believe it, and not because you just want to hurt his business?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump has made it clear that slander and libel includes true things. There is no reason he wouldn't sue Twitter for allowing true things about him to go forward. You knows this. He sued elections like fifty times with no evidence, he'll go after Twitter for legal things that fit the terms of service purely out of malice. And you knew that before you hit "Post Quick Reply" I bet.

Incidentally, I'd love to see Trump go hand to hand with Twitter. The second he steps outside DC, Twitter can turn him into Orange Crush. They have more money than he does, make more net/gross each year than he does, and have every reason to make an example of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Liable... can you afford to prove that you called Trump racist, because you honestly believe it, and not because you just want to hurt his business?
    That would be trivially easy, just point to Stephen Miller and where Trump put him or the actions of Sessions and how Trump never removed him for them but instead of Recusing himself.

But point taken.

10+ Year Old Account
    That would be trivially easy, just put to Stephen Miller and where Trump put him or the actions of Sessions and how Trump never removed him for them but instead of Recusing himself.

But point taken.
    The key is afford... Trump claimed success in his liable case against a book writer, not because he won... but, because he claimed it cost the author a fortune to defend him self. The publisher actually covered court fees, but... Trump...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    he claimed it cost the author a fortune to defend him self.
    That's how he got away with not paying people even when contractually obligated. He figured, in many cases correctly, that their expenses for court would dissuade them and his court fees would be less than the contract.

The common word for this is "stealing".

- - - Updated - - -

NBC News did a study and determined how long it would take to innoculate all Americans at the current rate.

"Okay, here we go! Operation Warp Speed! MAGA!"

Ten years.

"Yeah! Wait, what?"

Yeah, Trump could have won, and then won a third term, and still wouldn't be finished.

"You can't possibly blame Trump for the rollout speed of a brand new vaccine!"

You know what, you're right. But how many times has Trump bragged about how bigly and yuge this was going?

"Uh..."

Perhaps this whitehouse.gov transcript from Dec 8 will help?

"Please don't q--"

TRUMP Yeah, please. Over here. Go ahead.

Q The next administration will be the one, ultimately, that implements a lot of the distribution of this vaccine and will oversee much of the future of the way Operation Warp Speed goes forward. Why not include members of the Biden transition team as part of this summit that you’re hosting today?

TRUMP: Well, we’re going to have to see who the next administration is — because we won in those swing states, and
    "Oh come on!"

there was terrible things that went on. So we’re going to have to see who the next administration is. But whichever the next administration is will really benefit by what we’ve been able to do with this incredible science, the doctors — all of the people that came up — the lab technicians. The wor- — the work that’s been done is incredible, and it will be incredible for the next administration.

And hopefully the next administration will be the Trump administration, because you can’t steal hundreds of thousands of votes. You can’t have fraud and deception and all of the things that they did, and then slightly win a swing state. And you just have to look at the numbers. Look at what’s been on tape. Look at all the corruption. And we’ll see. You can’t win an election like that.

So hopefully the next administration will be the Trump administration, a continuation — which has led us to the highest stock markets we’ve ever had, the best employment numbers we’ve ever had, a rebuilt military.

If you look at — the tax reductions are the greatest in history
    "This is about the vaccine rollout spead. Why are you quoting this other random shit?"

I dunno, why did he say it to a vaccine question? I'm just the one quoting it, not the one saying it.

the regulation reductions, the greatest in history. It leads us to Space Force, which nobody thought was possible. All of the things we’ve done. And we were rewarded with a victory.

Now, let’s see whether or not somebody has the courage — whether it’s a legislator or legislatures, or whether it’s a justice of the Supreme Court or a number of justices of the Supreme Court. Let’s see if they have the courage to do what everybody in this country knows is right.

I received almost 75 million votes, the highest number of votes in the history of our country for a sitting President — 12 million more than the 63 million we received four years ago. President Obama received 3 million less in his second term, and he won easily. I received 12 million more, which, by the way, is a record. Twelve million more.

And they say that when the numbers came out — and the numbers came through machines. And all of those ballots were taken away and added. All you have to do is turn on your local television set and you’ll see what happened with thousands of ballots coming out from under tables — with all of the terrible things you saw. All you have to do is take a look.
    "Why the actual fuck are you quoting all this?"

Because this is Trump at his most Trump. Asked a direct question about a direct topic. Bragged about himself for ten minutes. Lied over and over for ten minutes. Refused to acknolwedge his own actions or any consequences for them.

This is what people wanted. This is what they begged for. People are threatening government officials to illegally overturn an election for four more years of this. The explosion in Nashville? I'm still able to say "That was a Trump supporter" and not one person here challenged that.

And then, after all that, Trump said this:

And if somebody has the courage, I know who the next administration will be. And I’ll tell you what: Life will be much easier for this country because of what we’ve done right now and because of a lot of the people in this room. The job you’ve done on the vaccine, together with a lot of others, has been a modern-day miracle, and it’s really been acknowledged as such.

And I want to thank you. I want to give you my love, and I want to give you my thanks because you’re very special people.

And now, good luck. You distribute that, General, and really set records. Okay? Set records, just like we’ve been doing for four years.
    Fuck Trump. Fuck every inch of Trump, which I admit could take even longer than ten years, because he's so fat. Everything he does is about Trump, or a lie, or damaging to the American people, or as this post demonstrates all three at once.

Bring it, Trump supporters. Fight one single sentence I posted. Just one. Find even the tiniest flaw in this post. Bring it. Fucking bring it. You were so loud and so sure and so confident for four years. Which the fuck rock are you hiding under?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/stat...777889792?s=19

LOL! Trump is such an effin loser.

Sorry on phone, but if you look at link they have a pic and link to Trump's Twitter if video.
    Apparently, it isn't the peace prize.

"That's not even a Nobel Peace Prize. The medal depicted is awarded for physics, chemistry, physiology or medicine, and literature."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by masterhorus8 View Post
    Apparently, it isn't the peace prize.
    I mean...he didn't win any of those, either.

But yes, Trump lies all the time about everything. This is yet another example.

194,860 new cases. Testing still hasn't recovered to the levels before the holiday and Missouri hasn't reported yet, so I'm going to continue to forgo the comparisons for the time being. That being the case, I think this number is only around 5k off last Tuesday's numbers and that will likely get updated as time goes on.

Top 10:

California: 35,197 new cases; 203 deaths
    Texas: 22,696 new cases (new record); 271 deaths
    Fuck Florida.
    New York: 11,687 new cases; 163 deaths
    Georgia: 9,450 new cases; 83 deaths
    Pennsylvania: 8,701 new cases; 285 deaths
    Ohio: 7,526 new cases; 149 deaths
    Illinois: 5,644 new cases; 126 deaths
    Tennessee: 4,797 new cases; 122 deaths
    Massachusetts: 4,145 new cases; 60 deaths

I'm not going to dive into other new records at this point as I'm not expecting many and they're a bit moot at present anyway. We can see by the numbers being reported that there's not too much positive to report. We're still in (nearly) 200k territory and that's just plain fucking awful. We're still a far cry away from the 400k numbers that some experts were saying we'd get in January and I don't think we'll hit that awesome mile marker, but depending on how stupid people are during this holiday break I could see us approaching 300k easily. Hopefully enough people got too scared to risk it and are just putting on false bravado online to keep it from being a disaster on top of a disaster.

3,398 deaths is higher than last Tuesday and brings the total to 346,579. Even with testing in the shitter we'll still likely see the impact of the virus in the death counts as the weeks go on. Some of this may be a correction, but as I've stated before worldometers is usually good with redistributing inflated numbers to reflect the dates they occurred on, so it's probably not too far off.

Related news:

At current rate, it'll be 10 years before Americans are adequately vaccinated against Covid--"Operation Warp Speed" my fucking ass. This can be placed squarely at Trump's feet for downplaying the virus for so long and not allocated and managing resources properly. You think pandemic fatigue is a thing now? How about when Trump and his enablers artificially extend it due to their incompetence.

McConnell blocks Senate Democrats' move to pass $2,000 coronavirus checks--This does not surprise me at all. McConnell won his Senate race and I'm doubtful he'll run again if he's still alive in 6 years. He'll be 84. He got his. Fuck all y'all.

More than 2,900 US health care workers have died of COVID-19 in pandemic--No comment necessary.

Sorry if I'm repeating stories others have already mentioned. My Twitter account was suspended--likely permanently--because I had the gall to refer to Ann Coulter as a "stupid bitch" for calling an American chef "some nut foreigner"; meanwhile she's free to spew her bile on a daily basis. After the EC vote and this particular event I took it as a sign to take a bit of a vacation from many forms of social media (including these forums, some of you might have noticed I'm not really posting anything besides these reports) and most news, so I'm sure I'm missing a lot of discussion on things I'm late to the party for. Hope you're all doing well.

Stay safe, folks.
    Last edited by Benggaul; 2020-12-30 at 02:58 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    New York: 11,687 new cases; 163 deaths
    Ugh...I'm due to head back there any day now.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    3,398 deaths
    Sigh...

Trump attacks his own party again because there is no loyalty to party, country, or the military. There is only loyalty to Trump.

"Wait, 5G was part of this?"

It's literally the first time it's come up in this bill. I mean, I guess I can see "don't allow hostile foreign powers to build our infrastructure" in a defense bill, but where was this demand when it was being negotiated? By his own people?
    What "treasures" does he mean?

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866