10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post
    Team Trump apparently sent a Security Info request to the Commissioner of Cumberland County (PA) that included requests for rather specific bits of information:
    As I noted in the other thread hopefully they increase security on these places.

It also has me somewhat worried for Florida. DeSantis is a major Trump sycophant; I wouldn't be surprised if he "looked the other way" to any insidious actions Trump's campaign team sought to take in Florida. Hopefully more democracy-minded heads prevail.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    I wouldn't say it doesn't matter, suddenly the first lady being replaced by a body double is pretty big. Does it affect the country in any way? No, but it shows something went terribly wrong and they are hiding it, either with her recovery from Covid or perhaps she left completely, won't come back, and therefore someone needed to play her for a bit.

Them trying to pass themselves off as a loving couple is one of the biggest lies Trump could tell, and that's saying something.
    I don't buy into the body double thing. I think this is Melania realizing what life will be like once her husband is out of the White House and knows it only gets worse for her. Part of the public perception of Trump is "if even his wife doesn't like him, why should the rest of us?" So she puts on a momentary show for us to try to change that perception. I guess she realized that she only has to pretend for a few seconds a week before the election and then she can go back to hating him again.

Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    and what will you think if he wins again?
    I would be disappointed of course because he's been a complete piece of shit this whole time as president.

At that point I will give up on humanity.
    If such a large amount of people can be that dumb, we don't deserve to survive the next century. Sad for us normal folks though

10+ Year Old Account
    How we are going to cover at work, for all the people calling in sick on Wednesday?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Nastard View Post
    I don't buy into the body double thing. I think this is Melania realizing what life will be like once her husband is out of the White House and knows it only gets worse for her. Part of the public perception of Trump is "if even his wife doesn't like him, why should the rest of us?" So she puts on a momentary show for us to try to change that perception. I guess she realized that she only has to pretend for a few seconds a week before the election and then she can go back to hating him again.
    There are pictures of melania with her body double.

Edit: I want to be clear, I don't know if they're using one on the campaign trail, but she definitely has one.
    Last edited by Ripster42; 2020-10-31 at 01:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    There are pictures of melania with her body double.

Edit: I want to be clear, I don't know if they're using one on the campaign trail, but she definitely has one.
    Snopes blames that on bad TV, but I don't know. The nose and facial structure is all weird.

I think they're right though, because of the one inherent flaw in all conspiracies: the fact that it'd be surprisingly hard to pull off.
    Putin khuliyo

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    people are so assured he's going to lose/is fucked there are already memes about it. But not only is that in no way guaranteed, people also firmly believe he colluded with Russia or some foreign powers to cheat his way into office. Assuming that is true and since the dictators out there have said they preferred Trump to Biden, shouldn't he logically be more likely to win?
    You're assuming Putin wants Trump to win in 2020, just because he wanted Trump to win in 2016. Four years is a long time in politics.

I have a few friends in Russia from the old DOTA days and in speaking to them the general feeling they get from their government is that they want Biden to win but obviously aren't going to say that publicly because it would damage him.

Sounds odd but you see, in 2016 the hope in their country was that Trump would take a pro-Russia stance and it would be beneficial, however that hasn't been the case. Trump has taken more of a neutral stance against them and a negative stance against their allies (I.E Iran). In addition countries like Turkey are now causing Russia problems in Syria, Armenia, etc as they know the Trump government simply doesn't care about conflicts abroad unless it's a soundbite for bringing troops home.

One of my friends put it simply that the Trump presidency has been worse for Russia and its allies than the Obama presidency was, and the general feeling many people there have is that they would prefer Obama's VP takes change.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Snopes blames that on bad TV, but I don't know. The nose and facial structure is all weird.

I think they're right though, because of the one inherent flaw in all conspiracies: the fact that it'd be surprisingly hard to pull off.
    Here is the math behind how unlikely each conspiracy is:

Maths study shows conspiracies 'prone to unravelling'
    https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-35411684

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    One of my friends put it simply that the Trump presidency has been worse for Russia and its allies than the Obama presidency was, and the general feeling many people there have is that they would prefer Obama's VP takes change.
    That’s interesting... I watch Russian news in Russian... last thing I saw, was their news literally calling Trump... “our president”. Weird... because Biden won’t be demanding that Russia be returned to the G7 or withholding sanctions until bipartisan pressure.

- - - Updated - - -

Trump has taken more of a neutral stance against them and a negative stance against their allies (I.E Iran). In addition countries like Turkey are now causing Russia problems in Syria, Armenia, etc as they know the Trump government simply doesn't care about conflicts abroad unless it's a soundbite for bringing troops home.
    Uhm... Trump gave Syria to Russia... Trump removing the peace treaty with Iran, forced Iran to deal more with Russia. To the benefit of Russia... Sending 2000 US troops to protect Soudi oil and having more drone strikes in less than 4 years, than Obama in 8, is hardly “doesn’t care”.
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-10-31 at 02:15 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Rounding the corner indeed.... wow. Congrats, America, you have a president that has surrendered to a deadly pandemic, but still lies to your faces about it.
    Hopefully Tuesday brings an end to it. Though Joe won't be able to start fixing shit until January and who knows how many will die if Trump goes full scorched earth between now and then.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    if trump was supposedly a bad guy or a villain all his life even before the presidency, I'm still wondering how people had more faith in him than Hilary to vote him into office
    Cause Hillary has had literally 30 plus years of being a conservative talk boogeyman for over 30 years (look at how they talk about the squad and Obama and California, they imagine that all focused on one person nonstop for a generation)
    But Trump was was a tabloid clown for most of the 70s-90s, then the Apprentice glossed his image to "respectable business tycoon" for the 2000s.

Two caricatures running against each other.
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

Quote Originally Posted by Nastard View Post
    Personally, I don't buy her coming to realize this only days before the election, feels like that would have come earlier this year rather than barely a few days ago. You can't spend 4+ years on video not liking him to the point of not wanting him to touch you and then just go "oh, we love each other so much, watch us hug and kiss" like it won't be out of place, and it is very much so.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

if trump was supposedly a bad guy or a villain all his life even before the presidency, I'm still wondering how people had more faith in him than Hilary to vote him into office
    Spoiler alert - Trump was a bad guy before his presidency.
    Donald Trump’s long history of racism, from the 1970s to 2020
    https://www.vox.com/2016/7/25/122708...racism-history

Ivana Trump and Donald Trump married in 1977.[18] Ivana stated in a deposition taken in 1989, during their divorce proceedings, that Donald had visited her plastic surgeon following which he had expressed anger and ripped out hair from her scalp.[19] Donald said the allegation was "obviously false".[18] The book Lost Tycoon: The Many Lives of Donald Trump (1993), by Harry Hurt III, described the alleged attack as a "violent assault" during which Donald attacked Ivana sexually.[18] According to the book, Ivana later confided to some of her friends that Donald had raped her.[18] In a statement given just before the publication of Hurt's book, and included in the book, Ivana said:

[O]n one occasion during 1989, Mr. Trump and I had marital relations in which he behaved very differently toward me than he had during our marriage. As a woman, I felt violated, as the love and tenderness, which he normally exhibited towards me, was absent. I referred to this as a "rape", but I do not want my words to be interpreted in a literal or criminal sense.

— Ivana Trump[19][18]

And that's not going into any of the awful shit Trump did in business to get around paying people, taxes, etc...

As the election approaches, mounting evidence indicates the US-China deal is failing to live up to Trump’s $200 billion purchase pledge. No single reason explains why, but 15 products help tell the story.

My latest
    https://t.co/4HXXEBUUUA
    https://twitter.com/ChadBown/status/...918190082?s=19

Multiple thread telling a step by step on how the trade war with China has not helped.

Once more the amazing thing with COVID-19 is it covered up how disastrous it was.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    One of my friends put it simply that the Trump presidency has been worse for Russia
    Did he explain why? Because I don't think your friend explained why. And I'm on the fence if your friend exists.

I suppose your hypothetical friend might have mentioned oil prices, but that's not really the US's doing. That's an oil war between Russia and the Saudis and, if anything, hurt us even more. Remember that time Trump, mascara streaked from tears, begged on his knees for Saudis to help with oil prices? Remember when Trump duct-taped US soldiers to oil refineries so they wouldn/t be shot at anymore? Yeah, that's not something someone in control does. That sounds like someone playing defense. And desperate. And fat.

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Multiple thread telling a step by step on how the trade war with China has not helped.
    The "best" part is the trade gap with China is 43% wider than when Obama was President. Oh, it was briefly narrower, but only during COVID when both countries were hiding and hoarding. Both countries were buying less, that forced the gap closer by sheer math rather than a planned policy. Now the US is buying more Chinese goods because, spoiler alert, if everyone is sick, unemployed or dying, you buy the cheap shit to stretch your money.

Oh, and it's not just China.

The US trade deficit rose to $67bn in August as the world’s largest economy recovered from the shock of the pandemic, undercutting President Donald Trump’s hopes of campaigning for re-election on slashing the gap between America’s imports and exports.

The monthly figure was the widest in 14 years, according to data released by the US Census Bureau on Tuesday, as imports rose 3.2 per cent while exports increased 2.2 per cent.

Tuesday’s
    This is from Oct 6.There will not be another such report before the election, not that it matters, because there's no evidence in any way that China suddently bought tens of billions of goods needed to close or reverse the gap. Or Mexico. Or anyone.

data showed that in macroeconomic terms Mr Trump’s trade strategy did not yield the results he was looking for. In terms of goods alone, the US in August recorded a trade gap of $26.4bn with China, $15.7bn with the EU and $12.5bn with Mexico — the three main trading partners with which Mr Trump has repeatedly clashed on the issue throughout his presidency. For the year to the end of August, the trade deficit was 5.7 per cent higher than it was in 2019.
    Trump is a failure. He has failed.

- - - Updated - - -

Trump apparently has 4 rallies scheduled for today. All in Pennsylvania.

Keith House
    Airport.
    Airport.
    Airport
    Yep, that's Air Froce One being used as a campaign rally point again. I guess it's not illegal, but it is definitely US tax dollars. Or, has Trump paid the US back yet?

Well you know what that means: time for another 24-hour challenge!

@Thwart
    @Ghostpanther
    @DocsavegeFan
    @Hammerfest
    @GreenJesus
    @Zeth Hawkins (I might have misspelled that, I don't care)
    @lockedout
    oh man, there's so many of them, who am I forgetting?

@caervek you seem pretty interested, how about you join in on this one?

You have 24 hours to find evidence that Trump's campaign is repaying US taxpayers for the use of Air Force One for using it as a mobile campaign stop.

"But other Pres--"

Not relevant. They should have, too, but Trump is holding a lot of rallies at a lot of airports. Trump supporters must accept that Trump has actually had more rallies from Air Force One than any other President, because I'm saying it without evidence which Trump does all the time.

Just kidding. I have links for everything.

- - - Updated - - -

Donald Trump is, by far, the stupidest person to breathe.

Trump claims doctors "make more money if someone dies to COVID19"
    UPDATE: The AMA is not amused.

Trump, while speaking at a rally in Waterford Township, Mich., on Friday, argued without evidence that doctors are improperly counting coronavirus deaths for monetary gain.

"Our doctors get more money if somebody dies from COVID. You know that, right? I mean our doctors are very smart people. So what they do is they say, 'I'm sorry, but everybody dies of COVID,'" he said.

Trump argued that other countries put less of an emphasis on COVID-19 as a cause of death than the U.S. does, adding, "With us, when in doubt, choose COVID. It's true."

Trump pushed a similar claim during a rally in Wisconsin last weekend, saying that "doctors get more money and hospitals get more money" if COVID-19 is listed as a cause of death.

Susan Bailey, the president of the AMA, pushed back on Trump's claims, pointing to work physicians, nurses and frontline health care workers have done during the pandemic to treat their patients.

“They did it because duty called and because of the sacred oath they took. The suggestion that doctors—in the midst of a public health crisis—are overcounting COVID-19 patients or lying to line their pockets is a malicious, outrageous, and completely misguided charge,” Bailey said in a statement Friday without directly naming the president.

“Rather than attacking us and lobbing baseless charges at physicians, our leaders should be following the science and urging adherence to the public health steps we know work—wearing a mask, washing hands and practicing physical distancing,” Bailey concluded in her statement.

The AMA, the country’s largest doctors group, has criticized the Trump administration before. In August, the group blasted the federal government's guidance that asymptomatic individuals do not need to be tested for the coronavirus, warning it would like to a spike in cases.

Bailey noted Friday that coronavirus cases in the U.S. hit record highs this week, recording roughly 97,000 new infections on Friday alone. The figure broke the previous record of 88,521 new coronavirus cases, which had been set on Thursday.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I mean there is *some* truth to it.

Hospitals on the whole get more funding for treating COVID19 patients, for Medicare patients only. But there's no evidence of abuse or over-reporting by hospitals and it's not like individual doctors are getting more in their paycheck per COVID19 patient, which is what Trump was insinuating.

And it's still a money loss given the financial strain of having patients on ICU and on ventilators for extended periods of time. That funding doesn't become profit, it goes straight into the cost to treat these people.

In short, Trump is a fucking dumbass.
    Putin khuliyo

I mean there is *some* truth to it.
    Trump wasn't talking about hospitals getting paid more for treating covid patients, which you'd expect for having to care for someone with an infectious disease - more precautions make it more expensive. He's explicitly saying if their patients die they get more money.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    Trump wasn't talking about hospitals getting paid more for treating covid patients, which you'd expect for having to care for someone with an infectious disease - more precautions make it more expensive. He's explicitly saying if their patients die they get more money.
    Right. I don't understand how this fucking idiot thinks that even happens. Since when do doctors get paid by what diseases their patients have? Somehow though Trump extrapolates from "hospitals get extra funding to handle the difficulty of treating COVID" to "doctors get more money per COVID death."

And his idiot base eats that up.

Which then causes even more distrust from the medical community

Which causes them to be even more resilient to being well informed about the disease

Which leads to more COVID, lockdowns and death.
    Putin khuliyo

Just as an addition, these seem to be his rallies for the two days after.

Am I crazy, or is he just going to places he's already been? Are any of them places he's not yet had a rally for this election?

All from here, btw.
    The pro-virus party being even more pro-virus, helping it spread via organized super-spreader events.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redtower View Post
    I don't think I ever hide the fact I was a national socialist. The fact I am a German one is what technically makes me a nazi
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    You haven't seen nothing yet, we trumpsters will definitely be getting some cool uniforms soon I hope.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    And funeral homes make more money when people die, but I bet I can't find morticians out killing people for a quick buck.

You understand fully well what he is insinuating with that statement.
    I do know what Trump is insinuating, I said so in my post.

I wanted to bring that up to preemptively stop any of our resident Trumpers from saying "but he's talking about hospitals getting paid more for COVID!"
    Putin khuliyo