Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    I wouldn't say it doesn't matter, suddenly the first lady being replaced by a body double is pretty big. Does it affect the country in any way? No, but it shows something went terribly wrong and they are hiding it, either with her recovery from Covid or perhaps she left completely, won't come back, and therefore someone needed to play her for a bit.

Them trying to pass themselves off as a loving couple is one of the biggest lies Trump could tell, and that's saying something.
    Well, I mean, except it has apparently been debunked per the link I supplied in the previous post.

And nobody cares if their marriage is a sham. We already know it is and to the Trumpsters and "Evangelicals" it doesn't matter if it is. They're behind him no matter what and if their marriage was so important to them they'd have protested a bit more about his screwing around with sex workers during it.

Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    if trump was supposedly a bad guy or a villain all his life even before the presidency, I'm still wondering how people had more faith in him than Hilary to vote him into office
    They didn't, the majority of America was and still is against him, it's only an electoral college victory that allowed him to win. Also Hillary's chances weren't helped any by the fact that Trump came along at a time when the Democrats had just had two terms with the presidency, it's been awhile since any political party has been able to win three times in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonKing View Post
    They didn't, the majority of America was and still is against him, it's only an electoral college victory that allowed him to win. Also Hillary's chances weren't helped any by the fact that Trump came along at a time when the Democrats had just had two terms with the presidency, it's been awhile since any political party has been able to win three times in a row.
    and what will you think if he wins again?

trump's run might very well end soon, so I feel like asking what you guys feel he did better than Obama, his predecessor
    There wasn't a goddamn thing.

That the American people are more gullible than we thought.

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    That the American people are more gullible than we thought.
    people are so assured he's going to lose/is fucked there are already memes about it. But not only is that in no way guaranteed, people also firmly believe he colluded with Russia or some foreign powers to cheat his way into office. Assuming that is true and since the dictators out there have said they preferred Trump to Biden, shouldn't he logically be more likely to win?

people are so assured he's going to lose/is fucked there are already memes about it. But not only is that in no way guaranteed, people also firmly believe he colluded with Russia or some foreign powers to cheat his way into office. Assuming that is true and since the dictators out there have said they preferred Trump to Biden, shouldn't he logically be more likely to win?
    Because he did, at least his campaign anyway. Thanks to the Mueller Report and the Republican led Senate Intel Committee report.

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Because he did
    then shouldn't he be in Florence ADMAX for high treason, or at the least in prison while stripped of all his assets including his American status.

He just...pressed on as prez.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    There wasn't a goddamn thing.
    To be fair....to be fair... Trump is way better at being Divisive than Obama.

I mean Obama was trying to be unifying but still!

The Unstoppable Force Kaleredar's Avatar
    then shouldn't he be in Florence ADMAX for high treason, or at the least in prison while stripped of all his assets including his American status.

And shouldn't Al Capone have been brought in on more than just tax evasion charges?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

When Republicans don't care about the rule of law, and apparently the only way he can be removed, is by impeachment? No, apparently not.

Pit Lord
    Team Trump apparently sent a Security Info request to the Commissioner of Cumberland County (PA) that included requests for rather specific bits of information:

Quote Originally Posted by The Sentinel
    Cumberland County officials recieved an email this week from the Trump campaign requesting highly specific details about the county's ballot security.

The email, obtained by The Sentinel, went so far as to ask for the address and room numbers of ballot storage locations, and requested that the information be sent to the Gmail account of a Florida-based Trump operative.

County officials said they have not responded to the request and do not intend to, according to the county commissioners.

https://www.channel4.com/news/donald...der-speaks-out

Mr Reyes told Channel 4 News that staff from Facebook who were embedded in Project Alamo helped the campaign to maximise engagement with their video messages.

One method used by the campaign was a new feature on Facebook allowing video commercials to be shown full frame on mobile devices.

Mr Reyes told us: “We wanted the videos to be bigger. So we have more space to, for you to see like Trump talking, and then you’d have the subtitles.

So Facebook came up with this idea of hey what if we filled the entire screen? What if when you’re scrolling, the entire screen gets filled up instead of you just seeing a certain portion of it. And they created that for us.

Facebook told us: “We were developing vertical video formats in 2015 and rolled them out well before the 2016 election.”

Facebook declined to tell us exactly when the service was rolled out.
    The next time Trump and conservatives rail against Facebook and "big tech", remind them that their success relied on the help of Mark Zuckerberg.

The Unstoppable Force Kaleredar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post
    Team Trump apparently sent a Security Info request to the Commissioner of Cumberland County (PA) that included requests for rather specific bits of information:
    As I noted in the other thread hopefully they increase security on these places.

It also has me somewhat worried for Florida. DeSantis is a major Trump sycophant; I wouldn't be surprised if he "looked the other way" to any insidious actions Trump's campaign team sought to take in Florida. Hopefully more democracy-minded heads prevail.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    I wouldn't say it doesn't matter, suddenly the first lady being replaced by a body double is pretty big. Does it affect the country in any way? No, but it shows something went terribly wrong and they are hiding it, either with her recovery from Covid or perhaps she left completely, won't come back, and therefore someone needed to play her for a bit.

Them trying to pass themselves off as a loving couple is one of the biggest lies Trump could tell, and that's saying something.
    I don't buy into the body double thing. I think this is Melania realizing what life will be like once her husband is out of the White House and knows it only gets worse for her. Part of the public perception of Trump is "if even his wife doesn't like him, why should the rest of us?" So she puts on a momentary show for us to try to change that perception. I guess she realized that she only has to pretend for a few seconds a week before the election and then she can go back to hating him again.

I would be disappointed of course because he's been a complete piece of shit this whole time as president.

At that point I will give up on humanity.
    If such a large amount of people can be that dumb, we don't deserve to survive the next century. Sad for us normal folks though

How we are going to cover at work, for all the people calling in sick on Wednesday?
    As above, so below.
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    That which is Below corresponds to that which is Above, and that which is Above corresponds to that which is Below, to accomplish the miracle of the One Thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nastard View Post
    I don't buy into the body double thing. I think this is Melania realizing what life will be like once her husband is out of the White House and knows it only gets worse for her. Part of the public perception of Trump is "if even his wife doesn't like him, why should the rest of us?" So she puts on a momentary show for us to try to change that perception. I guess she realized that she only has to pretend for a few seconds a week before the election and then she can go back to hating him again.
    There are pictures of melania with her body double.

Edit: I want to be clear, I don't know if they're using one on the campaign trail, but she definitely has one.
    Last edited by Ripster42; 2020-10-31 at 01:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    There are pictures of melania with her body double.

Edit: I want to be clear, I don't know if they're using one on the campaign trail, but she definitely has one.
    Snopes blames that on bad TV, but I don't know. The nose and facial structure is all weird.

I think they're right though, because of the one inherent flaw in all conspiracies: the fact that it'd be surprisingly hard to pull off.