Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Way to be anti-semantic... noted...
    Did I laugh out loud? Yes. Yes, I did.

ETA: Damn you.
    Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect. There is nothing more or else to it, and there never has been, in any place or time. --Frank Wilhoit

10+ Year Old Account
    Not that @Benggaul 's numbers haven't been whimsical and cheerful enough (gag) but I feel the need to add more Shit to the Show.

1) Depending on the exact source you use, the US hit a COVID death record the last two days. Well past 3,000 no matter which source you use.

2) Trunp's own testing czar admits in public the vaccine rollout could be going better. Incidentally, he also says Jan/Feb will be better. I'll remind everyone, Trump immediately took credit for unemployment dropping from 42% to 5% the very day he was inaugurated. Spicer, "the numbers weren't real", etc etc. I therefore say the same thing happens with the vaccine rollout and all Trump supporters are required to back my play. Oh, unless then can quote themselves disagreeing with the unemployment numbers Spicer thing. It's both or neither, rabid fanbase.

3) Biden's inauguration will include lights/bells for all those we've lost to COVID. Just putting it out there, but if he rings one bell per victim and 100 bells per second, by inauguruation, it'll take over an hour.

4) The UK mutant virus is now in California. Something something "airtight" something something "CHINA VIRUS CHINA VIRUS CHINA VIRUS"

California's medical structure is at the breaking point.

5) Biden is increasingly and more publicly upset by Trump's lack of transition, which in addition to Trump's lack of ability and lack of desire to help with the lethal outbreak he personally caused, is slowing down/stopping Biden from hitting the ground running as well.

Not COVID-related: Trump has suddenly changed plans and is returning to Washington today. Normally this wouldn't be a yuge deal: the President is on call 24/7/365. And we do have a lethal outbreak. So his return is not just the status quo, but arguably even good news for the country -- depending on if you think having Trump back at the helm helps or hurts.

*ahem*

However.

A bunch of people bought tickets to the Mar-a-lago New Year's party, ready to enter a packed crowd of maskless people, under the implication Trump was going to be there -- this is a nearly literal last-minute change. Trump has, once again, conned his own followers, lying to them to get their money. After decades of this happening and four years of it being front-page news worldwide, I have zero to negative sympathy for anyone buying such a ticket. Anyone who buys anything Trump sells is putting themselves in a situation where they could be throwing their own money away, they should know that ahead of time, and if not it's their fault for not paying attention. Happy fucking new year, gullible marks.

- - - Updated - - -

In addition to PolitiFact's Lie of the Year (downplaying COVID) they also posted a New Year's Eve-esque countdown of top ten most read fact checks of 2020.

Yell it with me!

TEN: Biden says WHO offered Trump COVID testing kits and Trump refused them. The offer was never made.

"Whoa, you're citing a Biden one?"

Well, he lied, so...yes. It'd be hypocritical if I didn"t. Besides, keep reading.

NINE: The USPS is losing money because they have to pay all their pensions forward.

Half-True.

EIGHT: Trump says he inherited a flawed COVID test from Obama.

COVID didn't exist under Obama.

SEVEN: Trump says Biden called the China travel "ban" racist.

Mostly False. Biden says Trump was just racist in general.

SIX: Trump says Obama left a bare stockpile of medical supplies.

False.

FIVE: Soros pays fake protestor actors.

False.

FOUR: A lie from someone I've never heard of about fatal police shootings of unarmed people.

THREE: The DNC removed 'Under God' from the Pledge of Allegiance.

No they didn't. And that shit was televised live.

TWO: Trump fired the pandemic response team and defunded the CDC

Overstated.

ONE: Hydroxyclhoroquine.

Happy New Lie!

As you can see from a quick browse, Trump is either responsible for, or agreed with, the majority of this list. Most of the rest were pushed by his supporters.

Now "most read fact checks" doesn't say anything other than popularity. Nobody here trusted hydroharleyquinn, even the Trump supporters who pretended to, until it was tested. Man, that one was dangerous.

I thought the whole point of dems pushing the 2K$ was not to actually get people the money (that was a bonus). The point was to show Georgians that as long as Mitch McConnell rules the senate they will NEVER get any more stimulous money. And Mitch has proven them right. So there's the incentive that might push the dems in Georgia into the winners circle.
    Last edited by solinari6; 2020-12-31 at 03:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by solinari6 View Post
    I thought the whole point of dems pushing the 2K$ was not to actually get people the money (that was a bonus). The point was to show Georgians that as long as Mitch McConnell rules the senate they will NEVER get any more stimulous money. And Mitch has proven them right. So there's the incentive that might push the dems in Georgia into the winners circle.
    The benefit of trying to do the right thing, believing that someone will try to stop you, is that either way you still win.

"Screw you, President Biden, we're going to fight tooth and nail for 5G infrastructure -- not run by the Chinese -- for every American!"
    "Yeah, sounds good. Go for it. When you're done, I'll sign."
    "Um...okay..."

- - - Updated - - -

Sen. Graham, long-time supporter of Trump, sides with him once again calling for a stand-alone $2,000 relief payment vote.

Meaning, both Graham and McConnell are on opposing sides of the same issue -- and both fighting for Trump.

And he said it on FOX News, just to drive that point home. Which is what I'm about to do with his wife.

- - - Updated - - -

On his way out the door, Trump slaps vindictive tariffs on the EU in the ongoing effort to lose as many trade wars as possible in a short amount of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I disagree with your thoughts about Section 230. The results would be more than "MMO-C bans trolls for posting conspiracy theories" it would be "trolls chain-sue MMO-C for posts they disagree with, MMO-C shuts down forums entirely".

No, Democrats won't shut down social media just to call McConnell's bluff.
    Nah, more likely Americans will simply be shut out while the rest keeps going as before.
    Same way some sites closed themselves to Europeans when the GDPR was introduced.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    All Trump is doing is tanking his final days while giving Biden an easy way to make his first 100 look spectacular in comparison.
    Except for pardons, yes. Biden can undo the tariffs instantly, for example.

- - - Updated - - -

Second Rep-elect, Florida Man this time, tests postive.

Hopefully she won't actually die of the disease she and her party have been chain-downplaying. If she lives, she might be a little less likely to call it a hoax.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    If she lives, she might be a little less likely to call it a hoax.
    Ooorrrrr, she'll say it was less bad than the flu, assuming she isn't hospitalized again.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Ooorrrrr, she'll say it was less bad than the flu, assuming she isn't hospitalized again.
    I'm not sure if you need the second part; as there are a number of stories of people in ICU-treatment calling covid a hoax.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    I'm not sure if you need the second part; as there are a number of stories of people in ICU-treatment calling covid a hoax.
    Well, it's hard to tweet/talk when you're intubated.

10+ Year Old Account
    For anyone needing ideas for Halloween 2021!

The computer repair shop owner at the center of the Hunter Biden conspiracy continues to make his presence known on Fox News.

This guy just screams "I am reputable" and not "I hang out in 7-11 parking lots screaming at shoppers about how Joe Biden is possessed by communist demons."

He also hunts Lizard People on weekends.
    Government Affiliated Snark

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PresidentElectMilchschake View Post
    For anyone needing ideas for Halloween 2021!

The computer repair shop owner at the center of the Hunter Biden conspiracy continues to make his presence known on Fox News.

[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Eqk2veFXAAIgxSw?format=jpg&name=small[/

This guy just screams "I am reputable" and not "I hang out in 7-11 parking lots screaming at shoppers about how Joe Biden is possessed by communist demons."

He also hunts Lizard People on weekends.
    Why is mr.clean dressed up like a leprechaun

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I made it through about 45 seconds of this before I was overcome by the lies. Good luck to anyone that tries to watch the whole thing.

So many lies, I don't even know where to start....
    Perhaps you were tripped up by the same line I was; I lost my willpower saving throw against the line "...and we built the Wall!" which just happened to be right at about 45 seconds.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Wall construction to resume in 2025.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Why is mr.clean dressed up like a leprechaun
    Ohhhh I'm stealing this idea for my next script spec.

Here's my pitch....
    A post-apocalyptical dark comedy starring:
    Joe Rogan (Mr. Clean)
    Ben Shapiro (The leprechaun)

Basically a 2020 ripoff of Zombie Land, but they hunt Lizard People instead of zombies.
    Rogan will set up all of the comedy beats with bad stoner jokes, and his quest for twinkies rare nootropics.
    Shapiro will answer with nerdy non sequiturs. Have a boss fight against his inner demon, a six-foot clown dry vagina.

Anyone from Blumhouse ... call me!
    Government Affiliated Snark

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by minteK917 View Post
    Wall construction to resume in 2025.
    I'd agree to a wall if it's the Trump kids in a chain-gang building it.

Trump’s hotel in D.C. is hiking its rates to $2,225 per night for Jan. 19 and 20 https://t.co/bScp0BOtiu
    https://twitter.com/politico/status/...917309444?s=19

Hmm? If voted for Biden and decided to travel to DC for the inauguration, likely you are a person who wants to stay at a trump hotel.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by PresidentElectMilchschake View Post
    Ohhhh I'm stealing this idea for my next script spec.

Shapiro will answer with nerdy non sequiturs. Have a boss fight against his inner demon, a six-foot clown dry vagina.

Anyone from Blumhouse ... call me!
    No, no, no throughout the entire movie Shapiro and Rogan will be chased by a six foot tall wet vagina. Until the end of the movie through one of Shapiro's crazy traps they capture the vagina and Shapiro pulls off the mask Scooby Doo style to reveal that the vagina has only pretended to be wet and that wet vaginas are all a myth. Turning to his wife to confirm his hypothesis where she will sarcastically reply that there has never been a wet vagina around him.

228,413 new cases aaaaand back to the slimmed down report because 5 states aren't reporting and testing is taking a dive again due to New Year's. This total is still comparable to two weeks ago on the 17th. Fuck Florida hit a new record at 17,192 new cases. You KNOW shit has to be bad there if they'll admit to that much. Unfortunately, New York also hit a new record at nearly the same amount. Good luck, @Breccia.

3,438 deaths is also comparable to what we had two weeks ago--but back then ALL of the states reported so the actual number this time will be higher once all is accounted for. The total is now 354,215.

Happy New Year and stay safe, folks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Good luck, @Breccia.
    Thanks. I actually live pressed up against the Canadian border, within a brick's throw of a major hospital. My neck of the woods, literally, isn't that bad.

But I will be following the self-quarantine rules the second I get back.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    228,413 new cases aaaaand back to the slimmed down report because 5 states aren't reporting and testing is taking a dive again due to New Year's. This total is still comparable to two weeks ago on the 17th. Fuck Florida hit a new record at 17,192 new cases. You KNOW shit has to be bad there if they'll admit to that much. Unfortunately, New York also hit a new record at nearly the same amount. Good luck, @Breccia.

3,438 deaths is also comparable to what we had two weeks ago--but back then ALL of the states reported so the actual number this time will be higher once all is accounted for. The total is now 354,215.

Happy New Year and stay safe, folks.
    The bars were already packed when I left work at 430 this afternoon.