Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post

SNIP

@Green Jesus;
    @Hammerfest
    @YUPPIE
    @Zeth Hawkins
    @Pro-Violence
    @Thwart
    and anyone else I forgot to mention, what do you think about censuring those who called the election illegal, stolen or fake, who provided no evidence, who attacked democracy and who at least in part led to this murderous insurrection? As the new normal, take your time answering. We all know what silence means.

Quote Originally Posted by wunksta View Post
    Haven't seen TexasRules, DocSavageFan or Donatelli in a while
    We haven't see hide or hair of @Ghostpanther either.
    Wonder why he stopped posting polls?
    https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...roval-ratings/

Ohhhhh.
    I guess he could go with the trusty old RassMan who actually showed trumps approval going up after the riots.

Maybe he is...giggle....using his 2A....hahaha....rights to....hahhahahahahaha.....stop this tyrannical govt and its trumpian leaders.....bawhahahaha from being all tyrannical and stuffs..

Oh right they slowly and quietly dropped those talking points a little while ago now its just self defense. Never mind.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.nbc26.com/news/national/...el-before-game

Apparently the basketball team for the University of Kentucky took a knee during the National Anthem to deliver some kind of message about the current political climate.

The Trump supporting sheriff in London and a jailer responded by burning their own property.

What the fuck is with Trump supporters and repeatedly destroying their own shit?

At this point you could prob convince some of these people to burn their own houses down if their mortgage is owed by some evil corporation that stopped doing business with trump....
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

So can anyone tell me when we will hear more about the impeachment stuff today?
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    There were two counter-protesters there.
    Dammit, Benggaul...

/wipes monitor

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Well, that's still one more person than probably showed up for work at the building, right, so do they still get to claim that they "owned the libs"?
    There were two counter protesters. So Antifa won.

On the other hand, over 30 police officers showed up with riot gears. So City of SF lost because they had to pay over time.

10+ Year Old Account
    I might have missed this
    To be fair...that's one more protestor than workers inside the building being protested.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    So can anyone tell me when we will hear more about the impeachment stuff today?
    CNN: Live Update Article Feed

PBS: House Chamber Live Broadcast

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

To be fair...that's one more protestor than workers inside the building being protested.
    See above:

There were two counter-protesters there.
    Not even joking.

Quote Originally Posted by Pro-Violence View Post
    The Democrats and mainstream media were repeating over and over again for a few years how the 2016 elections were stolen by Russia.

I don't have much of an opinion on it, except for being able to observe that both sides aren't treated equally in the mainstream media for their misdeeds. The USA is just divided between two conservative factions. Each pumps tons of money into media to keep polarizing their own base. One side which appears a bit nicer and does a lot more posturing than the other side which seems to think they're outright cartoon villains.

Also, I remember getting infracted in the past on this forum for calling the Repulican Party semi-terrorists and extremists. But now everyone is doing it. It appears as if MMOC is just a few years behind on the things I observe.
    And what'd they do? Storm the capitol? Oppose the certification with well over 100 members?

Or did they just push for investigations until they regained control of the House and could launch their own?

Both sides are treated equally. You're just intentionally ignoring all the context around both situations.

Tyvm.

Didn't know if there was a set time or something.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Democrats and mainstream media were repeating over and over again for a few years how the 2016 elections were stolen by Russia.
    The majority of Democrats stated that the 2016 election was interfered withby Russia, not stolen, a claim that was borne out. And Democrats notably accepted the results of the election, though they investigated the possibility of collusion between Trump and Russia.

An investigation, I might add, that doesn't exonerate Trump the way he and his supporters continue to claim.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    And what'd they do? Storm the capitol? Oppose the certification with well over 100 members?

Or did they just push for investigations until they regained control of the House and could launch their own?

Both sides are treated equally. You're just intentionally ignoring all the context around both situations.
    Their name is Pro-Violence what do you expect.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    They will not be able to do anything until the debt is due however given the size of the amount owed and hits Trump's businesses have taken as a result of COIVD and the last week I am not sure what options are realistically open to Deutsche Bank.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    That would depend on the terms of the contract or agreement. I'd expect they almost always have some concession allowing the bank to get their money however they need to if the client isn't able to pay, whether that's in putting a lean on the estate or garinshing their paycheck or whatever. The agreement is still in place when they cut you off, they're just saying they won't deal with you as a client anymore, but you still owe us the money you agreed to before.
    Couldn't he declare bankruptcy and laugh at them from a tropical island? Seriously, who would loan that kind of money to someone who declared bankruptcy so many times?

Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    Couldn't he declare bankruptcy and laugh at them from a tropical island? Seriously, who would loan that kind of money to someone who declared bankruptcy so many times?
    A bank that's known for laundering money.

There's a reason he went to Deutsche Bank rathe than American creditors - because literally no US bank will touch him he's so financially toxic.

Obviously this is not the kind of money that can be easily written off so Deutsche Bank would have done their homework when lending it in the first place but no-one could have foreseen a global pandemic and his appalling actions since losing the election.

I read a couple of articles today that said with the pressure of COVID on his businesses, and businesses and investors moving to disassociate themselves from him there is a chance that he could end up in difficulties. https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/11/b...pitol-mob.html is worth a read if you have a spare few minutes.

It's tempting to hope for it all to come crashing down around him but the unfortunate reality is that it will be the little people, those who work on golf courses or as porters, who suffer most.

15+ Year Old Account
    After the election, did Trump think he had a real shot of illegally seizing the WH and, somehow, have everyone accept it and have another four-year term? No, not even Trump is that delusional.
    This is a point I would have agreed with a month or two ago, but not now.

While I think it's obvious that his claims of fraud before and immediately after the election were initially strategic, at some point he clearly drank his own Kool-Aid and became a believer. Just listen to his call with Raffensperger. Powell and Giuliani and the rest of his sycophants fed his ego and delusions while he drove out anyone who questioned him. He's as susceptible to conspiracy theories as his supporters. Hell, don't forget he broke onto the political scene as the founding father of Birtherism, and probably still believes it.

I think that going into the election, the plan was clearly to delay mail-in counting so he could declare victory on the night of the 3rd while he was still ahead, and then hope the final tallies would be close enough to turn it over by recount or some legal technicality to invalidate ballots. General thinking at that time was that he'd probably not concede, but would accept the results and move on.

Well, Fox News threw a wrench into that by (correctly) calling Arizona early. Then it turned out to not really be that close, with insurmountable deficits in multiple swing states. He pressed ahead with the plan to win in court, but with no viable path to victory it devolved into a comedy of errors. He brought in crackpots because nobody else would take the cases. Those crackpots circulated conspiracy theories, alienated him from his more cogent advisors, and sent him down the rabbit hole himself. He and his increasingly desperate base were driven further and further to the fringe, sabotaging the GA runoffs. Support from the GOP waned. People started getting unhinged. Shit got violent and stupid. And here we are.

See, I hoped that Trump would drive a wedge between his base and traditional conservatives that could fracture the party, but I never could have imagined Trump straight up imploding it like this.
    Last edited by Kathranis; 2021-01-12 at 09:25 PM.

I don't have much of an opinion on it, except for being able to observe that both sides aren't treated equally in the mainstream media for their misdeeds. The USA is just divided between two conservative factions. Each pumps tons of money into media to keep polarizing their own base. One side which appears a bit nicer and does a lot more posturing than the other side which seems to think they're outright cartoon villains.

Also, I remember getting infracted in the past on this forum for calling the Repulican Party semi-terrorists and extremists. But now everyone is doing it. It appears as if MMOC is just a few years behind on the things I observe.
    Well, it's good to know you've gone public with your full Trumpsterness.

- - - Updated - - -

They are more likely the type of bank that will make sure they get their money back, regardless of any bankruptcies.

They would just repossess his assets he can't move, like his beloved golf courses, and his other real-estate holdings. Also I doubt he'd risk traveling much outside of the US, he's made more enemies of entire nations than most presidents.

The claims re. Russia and its interference in 2016 were proven to be true.

The claims re. election fraud in 2020 don't have a shred of evidence support them and have in many cases been proven false.

Sooooo... what in the fuck are you talking about exactly?

Did Trump just day he has nothing to worry about with the 25th amendment but it is Biden who will have to worry about it?

Does he even know how it works?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    Did Trump just day he has nothing to worry about with the 25th amendment but it is Biden who will have to worry about it?

Does he even know how it works?
    No, but then again these are the people who forget the Democrats willingly hurt their chances in 2008 for the sake of principle by giving Edwards the boot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.